IGNORED

Royal Baby is a Boy

victoriasponge

My favourite (over-the-top) reaction has to be this one:

John Loughrey, from Streatham, is part of a group who have been camped outside the hospital. “We are so pleased” he said. “We have been here for 15 days. I’m so pleased it’s St George’s Day. St George himself would be very pleased if the baby’s born today. It doesn’t matter if it’s a boy or a girl as long as it’s a healthy baby and a healthy mother.”

St George cares, y'all.

Anyway: Official announcement here

I will now go back to my overall republican ways. I want the baby to be called Kevin.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 11:01hrs. The baby weighs 8lbs 7oz. The Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth. Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well."

Congratulations to the entire family!  A very nice sized little chunk, and I'm sure he'll be just as cute as his siblings.

I usually don't care about what sex royal babies are, but I really wanted a Princess Alice because I love the name Alice, and I heard it was one of the frontrunners. I hope they suddenly turn radical and call him Prince Alice, anyway. 

19 minutes ago, victoriasponge said:

I want the baby to be called Kevin.

St Kevin is an Irish saint.

I would like a Prince James too. But I think Edward's young lad is called James. But then  appropriate royal names are few, and there are so many in the family that some names will overlap. But I think William and Kate will go with  Prince Arthur.

I was hoping for a girl actually just so they could use Alice. I was sure Charlotte would be called Alice.

I'm kind of glad it's a boy as, from what I understand, for the first time in the history of the monarchy an older female sibling won't be pushed aside for a younger male sibling for a place in line for the throne.

Now if they go for Prince Alice, as @Mavissuggested, we'll know they are really woke!

My guess for the name was James Edward Phillip, but if James is Prince Edward's son, I'm guessing that's not likely. Maybe James Arthur Phillip?

They are probably regretting using George first now.

I think they will choose either Arthur, Philip or maybe even Albert all family names that haven't been used recently. 

I’m not sure what name they’ll go with - there aren’t really a ton of options for them to use, but there are a bunch of possible combinations. I think they’ll stick with the first name and two middle names they did with their older two though. They may try to work in another nod to the Queen as well, though I’m not sure how since they already used forms of her first and middle names (except Mary, but I don’t know what version of that name there may be that they could use.) But, here are my predictions anyway:

- Philip will be in there somewhere. The Duke of Edinburgh hasn’t been doing well lately healthwise and it would be a nice little tribute to him. 

- Albert, to honor the Queen’s father, may be in there too as a way to honor her.

- I’m thinking either James or possibly Arthur for the first name (or as middle names.) Arthur (and Philip) would be a nod to William since it’s one of his middle names. James is a traditional royal name. 

So... I’ll go with James Albert Philip or Arthur Albert Philip I guess.

Glad to see that baby and mother are doing well.

ETA: James would also be a nice nod to Catherine’s brother, James Middleton. So I think James (or maybe Michael for her father) will be in the name somewhere.

I hope they are not going to inflict Arthur as a first name on the little sprat.  I'll go with Phillip Michael (or James) Arthur.   

Although it would be great if they named him Kevin Bevan Kody. 

3 minutes ago, griffin said:

How about "Dodi" ?? :)

:faint:

I think that it will be Philip maybe Philip Albert Michael or something like that. It's nice that they're both healthy! No matter what the name is! 

5 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I'm going James or John.

It will never be John. John is a taboo name for the royal family

I do like James though 

True but I'm basing it on a remark William made a week or 2 ago that it will be Jack if a boy and Jackie if a girl. lol

I'm not usually a huge royal fan but I adore lil Princess Charlotte, she has the cutest face and always dressed so adorable. I loved her little turn and wave at the crowd as she was led into the hospital to visit her new brother.

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

I'm kind of glad it's a boy as, from what I understand, for the first time in the history of the monarchy an older female sibling won't be pushed aside for a younger male sibling for a place in line for the throne.

Now if they go for Prince Alice, as @Mavissuggested, we'll know they are really woke!

I think the law was passed in 2013 and applies to children in the succession born after a certain date in October of 2011. So there are likely some kids who this has already applied to, but Charlotte is the first Princess not to be knocked out of place. That’s kind of cool (though sad that it took so long to make the change.*)

*I should note that I’m American and really have no room to criticize other countries when my own is doing some screwy stuff.

50 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

True but I'm basing it on a remark William made a week or 2 ago that it will be Jack if a boy and Jackie if a girl. lol

I’m 99.99% sure William was just joking. He joked about naming the baby Jack or Jackie after Jack Grealish (player for Aston Villa) scored the winning goal against Cardiff City in their match.

ETA: First photos:

Spoiler

I'm going to guess Albert Michael Phillip or Arthur Phillip Michael. I think a nod to Catherines dad should be in the full name somewhere. 

Phillip Albert Michael is another guess 

My friend just pointed out though the meaning behind a name like Prince Albert lol 

Archived