IGNORED

Michelle Duggar accused by fans of abuse

refugee

On 27/04/2018 at 2:05 AM, browncoatslytherin said:

tbh, though, i never though michelle's cheery disposition was in any way genuine. i've always sensed something a little "off" about her. something in her eyes that clashes with the smile she puts on.

Also the hush voice. 

Because it's Michelle, I find her immediately plastered on smile creepy, even though she didn't do anything abusive. But I'm more surprised that she interacts with Jenni at all :my_confused:

On 5/6/2018 at 9:04 AM, nellautumngirl said:

Because it's Michelle, I find her immediately plastered on smile creepy, even though she didn't do anything abusive. But I'm more surprised that she interacts with Jenni at all :my_confused:

right? though, i think jenni's sister-mom was jill, so since jill has gone off and gotten married and started a family of her own (along with jessa and jinger and joy-anna), michelle's obviously had to pick up the slack.

I would not have been pleased with Derick for posting this if it were me.

On 4/23/2018 at 2:39 PM, Alicja said:

That clip doesn't look like abuse to me. Looks like she was frustrated and scolding Jenni.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Duggars abuse their kids, I just don't think this is really "proof". We all know how they feel about the Pearls, we can just take it from there.

I agree with you, I don't think that this instance is abuse but I would not be surprised if there is abuse in that family. They are too much in the Pearl discipline camp.

On 5/6/2018 at 1:40 AM, CorruptionInc. said:

Also the hush voice. 

By hush voice, do you mean the childlike way she sounds?  Because I've heard that explained as trying to sound like a young, nice girl because that flatters the male headship.  Sorry if I'm not explaining myself well!

20 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Why did Derick post the video?

Why does he ever post anything? Attention! 

I'm not seeing anything wrong with the video. If Jenni was acting up and Michelle was telling her to knock it off, that is what most parents do. 

22 hours ago, Briefly said:

By hush voice, do you mean the childlike way she sounds?  Because I've heard that explained as trying to sound like a young, nice girl because that flatters the male headship.  Sorry if I'm not explaining myself well!

No problems at all - I didn't explain myself at all!

When I mean the hush voice - I think it's an act. I think she does it to look calm / collected all the time. I don't know if she does it because she actually is like that and has always spoken quietly, or if it's something her "religion" taught her.

I'm in no way saying that all people who talk in a hush voice are faking it either. 

For example take the case of Nancy Seaman - she clearly intended to kill her husband but continues with a soft voice. 

Honestly, in Michelle's case I think it's all part of the "meek & quiet spirit" that is shoved down your throat taught in fundieland. My mother DRILLED that into me & my sister & surprise surprise....both me & my sister still talk very sweet & pleasant 20+ years later. :my_cry:. (She's still very much into fundieland and is trying to raise her quiver full the same way although her teens have completely rebelled already....I've never been more proud of those kids) But my boss always tells me that's the main reason he hired me as his receptionist (because of my "sweet & pleasant voice" :my_sick:) Sweet baby Jesus I hope my voice is NOT as annoying as Michelle's!!! I'd hate to have to rewire my brain to talk different after all these years!!! Ugh, I do cringe every time Michelle opens her mouth though.....

So I had no idea which thread to post this on so I am posting it on the Me'chelle thread.

Everyone here (including me) that snarks on Michelle's green shirt sucks! :playful2:

I finally have lost enough weight to wear some of my button down short sleeve/summer shirts (dressier for work) without having the buttons bulge. Well one of them is a cute green one with green embroidery on it. I put it on yesterday and all I could think of was Michelle freaking Duggar. Thanks a lot everyone! The shirt is now ruined and going in the clothing donate pile. :playful2:

On 5/14/2018 at 6:49 AM, mollysmom said:

Sweet baby Jesus I hope my voice is NOT as annoying as Michelle's!!! I'd hate to have to rewire my brain to talk different after all these years!!! Ugh, I do cringe every time Michelle opens her mouth though.....

I have been mocked by coworkers and family for my meek "squeaky" voice on the phone. It wasn't drilled into me; I just have phone anxiety and my voice goes up three octaves when I have to speak on the phone. It frustrates me beyond end to talk like that, but I can't control the Michelle voice monster. No one ever recognizes my voice when I call them. :my_smile:

Well done for losing the weight that you wanted to lose. Sorry about the shirt though. Thank goodness Michelle doesn’t have a huge wardrobe, otherwise we’d all have a Michelle outfit or two (I picture her wardrobe containing hundreds of the same green shirt now). Maybe you should donate your shirt in Arkansas!

@Jellybean I can assure you I have nothing in my closet Meeeeshell would wear!

While watching some of the Counting on and looking at social media post, I think Jenny is going to be the one that makes a rebellious run for it. I also think that in about 4 -6 years we are going to find Jenny living with one of her older sisters because her parent are going to be overwhelmed by her rebelliousness.  Just a little prediction. 

2 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Well done for losing the weight that you wanted to lose. Sorry about the shirt though. Thank goodness Michelle doesn’t have a huge wardrobe, otherwise we’d all have a Michelle outfit or two (I picture her wardrobe containing hundreds of the same green shirt now). Maybe you should donate your shirt in Arkansas!

That would be funny! I could just ship it to Michelle with a glitter bomb to make the surprise more festive. (Sorry, I will see myself back to the Naugler thread)

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@Jellybean I can assure you I have nothing in my closet Meeeeshell would wear!

My work wardrobe is pretty conservative but I don't wear skirts. I wear pants/capris 95% of the time. Trying to find clothes that don't make me look old (I'm in my 40s) or like a teeny bobber wanna be and that can be dressed up with a jacket for formal work attire is difficult sometimes.

Oh well, I guess I need to go shopping to replace the green shirt with something better :D 

2 hours ago, iheartjnames said:

While watching some of the Counting on and looking at social media post, I think Jenny is going to be the one that makes a rebellious run for it. I also think that in about 4 -6 years we are going to find Jenny living with one of her older sisters because her parent are going to be overwhelmed by her rebelliousness.  Just a little prediction. 

I really wish at least half the kids "rebel" and go normal Christian with a church that has a pastor with a real divinity degree.

7 hours ago, fundiesfordays said:

I have been mocked by coworkers and family for my meek "squeaky" voice on the phone. It wasn't drilled into me; I just have phone anxiety and my voice goes up three octaves when I have to speak on the phone. It frustrates me beyond end to talk like that, but I can't control the Michelle voice monster. No one ever recognizes my voice when I call them. :my_smile:

Haha my sister is in her mid 40's with 6 kids and when people call her house they say "is your mommy home"? and she says "I AM the mommy!!!" Every time I think about that I laugh my ass off!

On 5/18/2018 at 10:37 AM, iheartjnames said:

One can hope, but of course lots of people hoped and predicted that Jinger would be the rebel. 

5 minutes ago, katilac said:

One can hope, but of course lots of people hoped and predicted that Jinger would be the rebel. 

I never thought any of the older girls would rebel. It always made sense to me that it would be second generation. Jana—Joy grew spent their adolescence getting lots of attention and getting to travel. These kids lost the show and are just trapped in the house with all of the awfulness, no breaks. Tv was all they knew and then they were stuck with reality. 

On 19/05/2018 at 8:57 AM, mollysmom said:

Haha my sister is in her mid 40's with 6 kids and when people call her house they say "is your mommy home"? and she says "I AM the mommy!!!" Every time I think about that I laugh my ass off!

I went to a fabric shop in 2016 and the women asked "so what are you making for school?"

I finished High School in the 90's. 

She was mortified when I told her the year I graduated. 

12 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I went to a fabric shop in 2016 and the women asked "so what are you making for school?"

I finished High School in the 90's. 

She was mortified when I told her the year I graduated. 

That's quite the compliment huh?!!? 

Last week,I went to a funeral.A friend,who was only a few months older,passed away,after struggling with cancer.

First,I had a few people tell me,I don't look anything like my profile pic of FB.Yes,I use an old pic,because it's a rare decent photo,I am not photogenic.When they said that I just said "Oh,I use a younger,better picture",and then they laughed and some said they do the same.

Then,one of my friend's cousins asked me if I was one of the widower's daughters!!LOL

On 5/22/2018 at 9:15 AM, mollysmom said:

That's quite the compliment huh?!!? 

It is for sure.

However, I had braces on my teeth at the time and I have a round face which creates an illusion of youth!

Not complaining about my face though - could go on about my teeth, but the braces are off now! :)

Archived