IGNORED

Hellena Update

Curious

I'm so glad I took the chance on emailing you @Hellena Post.  I was afraid seeing the name Free Jinger might get me sent straight to the spam folder ;)   I read through the thread where you visited and looked around your website and decided I might have a chance at you coming back.

I'm glad to hear things are still going well for you all and that everyone has adjusted to your new normal :)   I agree with the others, please stick around.

You might find our Craft Club to your liking, as well.  I would be happy to set up a fiber arts section there since you do more than just straight up crocheting/knitting if you would like.  Here is a link to the Club: 

We have other clubs that might interest you as well.  Here is a link to the directory.  They are all still a work in progress and some are more active than others right now.

http://www.freejinger.org/clubs/

@Hellena Post are you still in contact with Sparkling Lauren at all? I read those threads recently, and I really hope she is in a much better place than she was. There was so much pain coming through in those blog posts. 

On 5/2/2018 at 7:59 AM, Palimpsest said:

I would so love to see photos of all of that.  So creative!

And Hellena, you are a gem in my eyes.  An unusual gem, and that makes you more valuable.  And a talented gem who so obviously loves her children.

Let no-one ever tell you otherwise.  :group-hug:

You're a sweetheart, and thank you :)  I've got stacks of photos on my webpage and Instagram.  The photos of all the things I mentioned are mainly here though...  https://www.hellenapost.com/tuft

On 5/2/2018 at 2:26 PM, Curious said:

I'm so glad I took the chance on emailing you @Hellena Post.  I was afraid seeing the name Free Jinger might get me sent straight to the spam folder ;)   I read through the thread where you visited and looked around your website and decided I might have a chance at you coming back.

http://www.freejinger.org/clubs/

I am too :)  Always a delight to have a lovely interaction with you all.  I've actually been thinking on this a lot the last couple of days, and remembering how this forum hated on me so much for being a 'fundamentalist hippy', and I have to say........in many ways you were right.  Having been in as many minority groups as a white woman can, I've learnt a lot along the way, about how often people who are in groups they believe are 'right', have to kind of develop a myopia around the shadow of their group, because they're setting up a 'right, wrong', 'good, bad' loop, where they have to come out on top.  And very often, in my opinion anyway, become what they hate, or subconsiously manifest the shadow they're in denial of, by projecting it onto other groups, and remaining blind to how they act it out.  So you have a lot of religious leaders who are some of the most evil predators in the world, and hippies who are conservative fascists.  I feel like now we have our feet firmly in both worlds, which means I can take the best from both of them, but also acknowledge the shadow of both as well.  My time in hippie city central was certainly eye opening!!  And fundamentalist alternatives can be just as damaging as fundamentalists of any kind.  Thanks for taking the chance :)

54 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

@Hellena Post you utterly amaze me! You are beyond talented! 

Thank you so much!  I'm doing my best at creating a Patreon page, to really get TUFT on the road.  Your reaction is a lot better than the original assessment of my fibre art years ago, that had everyone scrambling to wash their potentially lice infested hippie goods, after misunderstanding a metaphor I used :)

On 5/5/2018 at 11:21 AM, Ozlsn said:

@Hellena Post are you still in contact with Sparkling Lauren at all? I read those threads recently, and I really hope she is in a much better place than she was. There was so much pain coming through in those blog posts. 

She's made the rather wise choice of removing herself from the interwebs altogether after her vicious trolling that never left her alone.  And I really don't want to answer any questions about her and her family out of respect for her decision, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind me saying that her and the girls are in just about the best ever place that I could imagine, and it's like she's traded her rather amazing online life (before it was tarnished by hate) for a real life and community that love and support her and the girls, and they're going from strength to strength to strength.  A full and gorgeous life is being lived by all :)

19 minutes ago, Hellena Post said:

her and the girls are in just about the best ever place that I could imagine

I'm glad, and I wish her well.

@Hellena Post   you do amazing work!  I fancy myself as a bit of an artist, but I must say my creations seem mundane next to your creativity.  Just beautiful!

1 hour ago, Hellena Post said:

Thank you so much!  I'm doing my best at creating a Patreon page, to really get TUFT on the road.  Your reaction is a lot better than the original assessment of my fibre art years ago, that had everyone scrambling to wash their potentially lice infested hippie goods, after misunderstanding a metaphor I used :)

If I had the cash, I'd be ordering some of your stuff...but I'm broke and I imagine the shipping from Australia to the west coast of the USA is rather pricey. I love unique and hand made...I can't quite put it into words, but everyone else can run down to HomeGoods and buy the latest craze, but I'd rather have timeless, unique and different. 

Hellena, I'm so glad you and your family are doing well! I've been reading Free Jinger for years, and I remember when you were first "discovered." Even then, looking at your blog, I knew you were doing something right, because all your children looked so happy and healthy! Your lifestyle might be "unconventional" but your love for your family really shines through. And I appreciate your honesty about how nervous you were over the conventional medicine treatments for your son, and how you worked through that. I hope he continues to improve every day!

On 5/5/2018 at 5:08 PM, Hellena Post said:

You're a sweetheart, and thank you :)  I've got stacks of photos on my webpage and Instagram.  The photos of all the things I mentioned are mainly here though...  https://www.hellenapost.com/tuft

Beautiful.  I have a relative who is a fiber artist and know the amount of work and thought that goes into it. 

Archived