IGNORED

Lori Alexander 44: Ken Galloping Off on the Horse of Truth The Feminists Are Coming!

Man, that thread drift about dying parents was... man.

My husband and I have four grandparents between us that aren't doing well... both sets of maternal grandparents.

I'm in another state, so i dont know what i can do for them. They aren't in the process of dying, but at the same time, i wouldn't be surprised if I got a phone call saying one of them passed while they slept. 

My husband has some experience with loss, he's lost one of his grandparents, an uncle and a cousin. All were when he was younger.

The only loss I've experienced has been friend's i've lost touch with. I'm honestly kinda terrified for when i have to experience loss of a family member. I was completely devastated losing a cat last year. My dad had a heart attack and i kinda froze. I did what i needed to get there the next day but it was all a blur. 

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Yes. You're supposed to get the TDaP every 10 years!  Technically the MMR can wear off too, but neither my doctor nor high risk ob  (not preg yet, but planning ahead) thought it was necessary to get a booster.

I had the mumps as an adult, either because I somehow missed a booster or my immunity tapped out.  It was NOT fun.   Fortunately, I had it on both sides, so supposedly I'm good now as far as immunity, but having gone through it I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  

The ER dr. suspected I got it from working at a fast food restaurant that had a play area so kids were there constantly.

When my dad was dying in intensive care, everyone in my family stayed with me because I lived close to the hospital. I cooked a lot, as a way of keeping everyone going. Only 2 people could be with dad at any one time, so there was nothing else I could do. Cooking and cleaning and doing laundry was my way of trying to take care of my family. For a couple of weeks we still thought he’d get a transplant and that he’d be ok (he was in his 50s - I’m the oldest and I was in my 20s - my youngest sibling was mid-teens) and then we had a couple of days of knowing he was dying, when the hospital relaxed their rules and allowed all of us to be there with him. We talked among ourselves, believing that dad could hear us, shared stories and read poems that we loved, read the football (soccer) results, and told him how much we loved him. Even right at the end, I couldn’t believe that there could be life without him. We talked on the phone almost every day. Getting married a few months after dad died was hard. I’m ugly-crying just writing about it. 

Lori gets a pass from me in this instance. We all do what we can when our loved ones are very ill. It’s not easy and it’s natural to be in denial to some extent. 

8 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Yes. You're supposed to get the TDaP every 10 years!  Technically the MMR can wear off too, but neither my doctor nor high risk ob  (not preg yet, but planning ahead) thought it was necessary to get a booster.

THERE IS NO MERCURY IN VACCINES

That was ages ago.

About MMR. It does wear off after 10 years. All pregnant women in my country have to do a Rubella titre and it is advised to get a booster shot if you are planning to have a baby, since it leads to horrible birth defects and/or death.

Don't even get me started on measles. Everyone working at hospitals, including students, had to have a booster shot.

As I've mentioned before,  my grandmother was a polio survivor. 

I have been trying to put my finger on what bothers me so much about Lori's reaction to her mom's illness.

When Lori first revealed that her mother had cancer, she said something about how the Bible only promises us 80 years or so, and that's what her mother got.  She was very flippant about it...like, "Time's up, move along".  Then she started referring to her as her "sick, old mother", and now she's posting salads, while her mother is on her "deathbed".  

It's the flippancy that bothers me.  When her mother is passing, it's "Oh well, we only get 80 or so years...".

When her sister's house burned down, it's "Oh well, it's just stuff & it's gonna burn anyways.  Wanna see my winter wreath?".

When someone on the internet pisses Lori off?  THAT is when it gets real.  She literally calls Ken at work and sends him to confront the evil feminists while she hides.  (She'll say anything as long as she has access to a delete button, but she's a giant coward when everyone gets to be heard). 

When someone forgets the potatoes in her soup?  END OF THE WORLD! 

When her grown ass husband sees a woman in a bikini?  Break out the paddle ( <-----seriously, still can't believe she said that). 

Lori could care less about anyone but herself.  She's flippant.  She's dismisses their pain, fear, and loss.

In other news, it's back to business as usual in Lori land.  

Post pic of breakfast, and brag how long you waited between meals?  Check.

Argue with a man (who has been dead for 20 years) about spanking?  Check.

Remind mothers that fear and pain are great teachers?  Check.

pain and fear are great motivators for good 

Oh, and if there was ever any doubt that Lori was a lazy mother:

Yes, I am sure parents can raise good children without ever spanking them but it takes a lot more time, energy, and effort....

Many people have raised disciplined children without spanking them. My best friend raised her three boys this way. Yes, it was a ton of work...

Why would Lori put time, energy, and effort into raising her kids, when she could hit them instead.  The main thing is that she didn't have to put a lot of work into it.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Argue with a man (who has been dead for 20 years) about spanking?  Check.

Screenshot for anyone that wants to see it. I have the screenshots of all the comments on the "should a woman disobey her husband" post but it will take time for me to upload all of those screenshots. I also took those in 75% so I could fit more of the comments in one shot.

5addf01f36daa_LAspock.jpg.bb41ed11f5bd6d24229612f3c36147e7.jpg

I wonder if Lori has been dealing with an alcohol problem.  She went from being all, "It's wine o'clock somewhere!", to wishing she lived in a "zero alcohol world".

Take a look at the difference:

Then:

I do enjoy obeying the verse about having a little wine for your frequent ailments...:)!

Paul does say to drink a little wine for your many ailments and I have had lots of ailments!

the Holy Spirit or Scripture has never convicted me about drinking wine!

I believe Christians who say drinking is a sin are making up their own rules.

My family knows how to have a good time!  Alisa makes the best margaritas...Fresh lime juice, stevia, and whatever alcohol goes into a margarita.  They are so good! 

Their Sangria is AMAZING!!!  

When we go out for dinner or have a nice dinner at home, we love to have a glass of wine. It makes the food taste so good and it is fun! 

Now:

If it was up to me I would have zero alcohol in the world.

I have chosen not to drink at all.

That's a huge change, and I can't help but wonder what sparked it.  

1 hour ago, Koala said:

When her grown ass husband sees a woman in a bikini?  Break out the paddle ( <-----seriously, still can't believe she said that).

I  don't understand how both Lori and Debi("shake her till her teeth rattle") Pearl think that action is going to end well.

Sure hitting children is one evil thing, but another adult is far more likely to turn round and hit back, regardless of circumstances.

Since Lori is on another food kick, I was thinking it might be thread drift time... 

What's for dinner tonight?  I have pork roast and carrots in the slow cooker.  Going to serve it over rice w/ green beans.

19 minutes ago, Koala said:

I wonder if Lori has been dealing with an alcohol problem.  She went from being all, "It's wine o'clock somewhere!", to wishing she lived in a "zero alcohol world".

Take a look at the difference:

Then:

Now:

That's a huge change, and I can't help but wonder what sparked it.  

It's Lori, so maybe nothing. Remember when she was convicted to give up pants and lasted ONE DAY? Her commitment to give up alcohol might only last between glasses of wine.

She also has a real bug up her ass about denying herself things and being pleased as punch about it, so it may be more of the same.

On 4/20/2018 at 6:15 PM, luv2laugh said:

Lori's taking a big dump on her daughter in the super secret chatroom again. She asked a poll, "In your opinion, do you believe leggings are immodest if they aren't covered at all?" and is going on about how immodest they are. I think she brings up this topic at least once a week.

of all of her silly rules, the one about leggings has me baffled the  most.  When I'm not at work, I wear leggings 80 % of the time.   Mostly black ones...sometimes with a big T-shirt, or sweat shirt over it.  I work out a lot (for  54 year old mother of 3!) and they are just comfortable.  I don't know why she has such an aversion to them.   The only ones that don't look good IMHO are some flesh toned ones I've seen (on the People of Walmart posts) that make people look like they are naked.  

16 minutes ago, Koala said:

and the screenshot :)5addf5faf1150_LAwine.jpg.28c9dd1500656a7cba63e359c00da3bd.jpg

My screenshot has more to do the stupidity that Kendall thinks that wine in the bible is actually juice. And the fact that they have no idea that the word "sober" has more meaning than just alcohol. Such as clear mind (not act when angry, for example) or to be serious. Here is M-W definition:

Spoiler

sober.jpg.b62ee56bfa964ec55a32047778b66b86.jpg

5 minutes ago, Koala said:

Since Lori is on another food kick, I was thinking it might be thread drift time... 

What's for dinner tonight?  I have pork roast and carrots in the slow cooker.  Going to serve it over rice w/ green beans.

The diner special...meatloaf (leftover from yesterday), garlic and chive mashed potatoes, roasted fresh green beans.

On 4/21/2018 at 6:09 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Her mother is in hospice care and she posted a picture of a damn salad??!!

I just cannot even with this woman.

I'm all for salads. I like salads. I eat a lot of salads.  But if I'm on my deathbed and terminally ill but still want/like to eat, I'm eating ice cream, nachos with lots of cheese, chocolate cake, french fries, double stuff Oreos, appetizer platters (fried) from UNOs or Applebees or any of those chains, whole lasagnas,  and all the other unhealthy things I avoid in my everyday life...but if we are ALL HONEST...taste so DAMN GOOD! 

14 minutes ago, Koala said:

I love food thread drifts! I had to avoid the last one because of stuff that's happened in my life recently that just made it too hard to read al the stories like I normally would. 

Anyways, I'm debating between chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans or chicken parm with wheat noodles and homemade red sauce. But I just remembered that I forgot to take the chicken out! Might have to pick some up when I go to the store. 

46 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Screenshot for anyone that wants to see it. I have the screenshots of all the comments on the "should a woman disobey her husband" post but it will take time for me to upload all of those screenshots. I also took those in 75% so I could fit more of the comments in one shot.

5addf01f36daa_LAspock.jpg.bb41ed11f5bd6d24229612f3c36147e7.jpg

I personally have trouble believing that CPS would spend 45 days investigating 1 spanking that a child received. Imo it was a much more serious investigation that scared her so much she yanked her children out of public school to forestall any outsiders from hearing things.

Dinner drift...tonight is a busy night, so I pulled leftover lasagna and homemade honey butter rolls out of the freezer last night. My husband will heat them up in the oven later on and we'll have that with a side salad for dinner. 

47 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Just speculation, but could also be a dig at her daughter. There was a picture on her daughter's IG last week of a girls weekend/wedding shower event she attended with her girlfriends at a winery and they all had wine glasses in their hands. 

14 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I swear if I have a baby I'm not letting unvaccinated people near them if I can help it. 

Don't. Pertussis can kill an infant. I try not to be paranoid, but when my son was born everyone in the family was told that if they wanted to see him they were getting the TDaP booster, no exceptions. 

Frankly, I don't get it. "Hm, tiny chance of vaccine complications versus major chance of death or sterility from the disease itself. I know! I'll take the death or sterility! And what's more, I'll make that choice for someone else!"

Blech. I've said it before, but when the pediatrician's argument for the chicken pox vaccine is that she went from a couple of cases of virus-related encephalitis a year in her practice to none or maybe one in a bad year, that's a damn good argument.

Also, Lori is evil, but we knew that already.

Spoiler
Spoiler

What I found to be so sad is that his own son committed suicide. “know Jesus, know peace. No Jesus, No peace”.

This statement makes me want to throttle someone. It is pure ignorance to try and make a connection.

6 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:
54 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Just speculation, but could also be a dig at her daughter. There was a picture on her daughter's IG last week of a girls weekend/wedding shower event she attended with her girlfriends at a winery and they all had wine glasses in their hands. 

FYI - @Koala actually made that guess not me. The quotes get wonky sometimes.

@SongRed7 - good point, she does like to make digs at her daugh well, everyone.

1 minute ago, Momto2Princesses said:

This statement makes me want to throttle someone. It is pure ignorance to try and make a connection

I agree. suicidal thoughts or actions have absolutely nothing to do with knowing or not knowing a deity

16 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Don't. Pertussis can kill an infant. I try not to be paranoid, but when my son was born everyone in the family was told that if they wanted to see him they were getting the TDaP booster, no exceptions. 

Frankly, I don't get it. "Hm, tiny chance of vaccine complications versus major chance of death or sterility from the disease itself. I know! I'll take the death or sterility! And what's more, I'll make that choice for someone else!"

Blech. I've said it before, but when the pediatrician's argument for the chicken pox vaccine is that she went from a couple of cases of virus-related encephalitis a year in her practice to none or maybe one in a bad year, that's a damn good argument.

Also, Lori is evil, but we knew that already.

Or the even dumber case about vaccines causing autism. Even though we have shown time and time and time and time again zero connection to vaccines and autism, that is not the point. The point is that these people would rather have a dead or severely disabled child from a preventable disease than an autistic child. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived