IGNORED

Maxhell Makes Tacos Boring

anjulibai

6 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Da Fuq.  First off, that was tube meat, yeah?  Nope.  Secondly, these people are serious, aren't they.  "Embellishments" that's all you get.  Mentioning the many toppings is of the devil.  At least that's how I see it.  

I'm bored.

I'm wondering if Sarah has gotten word about the cracks about her incredibly bland writing style in recent weeks and thinks she's improving it?

While it's still atrocious and ridiculous, she's chosen to throw in a few more 'colorful' words than she ever used to, just in the past few weeks. Only, of course (and predictably) she's using them so awkwardly and still in the middle of her regular lousy writing that it makes it more apparent.

Besides the above - which definitely jumped right out at me when I read it, as well - she kind of went all out, by Sarah standards, in the recent park post also.  Things like Anna's "beautiful idea," their walking area referred to as their "exercise radius," Benji being "enthralled" with Ellie recently, and it adding a "sweet sparkle" to the day.

It's kind of reminiscent of when I used to teach and we'd either just done a descriptive writing exercise or I taught them how to use a thesaurus and then their next few days of writing had incredibly noticeable sprinkled attempts at word choice improvement with very mixed results. (And that was with my second graders and they were still more successful than what seem to be recent attempts by Sarah......)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Alisamer said:

It's like they are terrified that if life is the slightest bit enjoyable they'll go to hell for it. 

This.  This right here.  It is the saddest thing about them.  Their lives are so suffocating.  It's really no wonder Terri suffers from severe depression - hell, I'd bet they all do but they cannot show it because they're supposed to be so HAPPY AND SMILEY or they go to hell.   They live in such fear of hell that they have no idea how to live in the here and now.  As it is, they ARE in hell.

Damn you Steve.  You are the one who's going.  I will say I have no doubt whatsoever about that. 

I love my Instant Pot, it's great, I would never use it to brown taco meat unless my stove was broken!!

2 hours ago, Bajovane said:

It's really no wonder Terri suffers from severe depression

oh hell, having to share a bed with Steve would alone be enough to cause severe depression.

All that to make tacos? Good grief! I make tacos at least 4 different ways on a regular basis. Although, we usually do burritos...the great big tortillas get used here for all sorts of reasons. I've done taco/burrito meat in the crock pot, on the stove and in the oven, depending on my mood. Crock pot is more a summer thing though. What's so hard about chopping up some onion, maybe a little garlic (hub's stomach is not very happy with garlic), meat, adobo, sazon, chili powder, dash of lime juice and let 'er rip. The two of us can go through a pound of shredded cheese in a week along with sour cream and salsa. Just the two of us and we buy tons of that shit. 

I can take the meat from frozen solid to the table in 30 minutes or less...

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

All that to make tacos? Good grief! I make tacos at least 4 different ways on a regular basis. Although, we usually do burritos...the great big tortillas get used here for all sorts of reasons. I've done taco/burrito meat in the crock pot, on the stove and in the oven, depending on my mood. Crock pot is more a summer thing though. What's so hard about chopping up some onion, maybe a little garlic (hub's stomach is not very happy with garlic), meat, adobo, sazon, chili powder, dash of lime juice and let 'er rip. The two of us can go through a pound of shredded cheese in a week along with sour cream and salsa. Just the two of us and we buy tons of that shit. 

I can take the meat from frozen solid to the table in 30 minutes or less...

The easiest taco crockpot recipe I know that is a staple here:

3 large chicken breasts

Salsa of your choosing.  Place chicken boobs in crockpot, cover generously with salsa, cook on low for 8 hours.  Shred with two forks, make whatever you want with it.  Tacos, burritos or salad.  Toppings  ( I'm going to talk about them Sarah, sorry not sorry):  cheese ( shredded pepperjack or sharp cheddar), sour cream, diced onion and cilantro, diced tomato, lettuce, limes, and various hot sauces.  Easy peasy!

I left a very polite reply saying how I wanted to make the recipe and that my butcher has the best piece of meat in town. I’m unsure why Stevie rejected it.

I don’t have an insta pot but I thought it was supposed to cook things quickly, not all day like a crockpot. 

The instructions could have just been:

put fresh/thawed hamburger meat in the pot and turn it on to brown. Once browned,  chop up meat and add seasoning and water. Put on (whatever) setting for X amount of time. 

Thats it. 

My Instant Pot, and I think most of them, has a slow cooker setting.  It has quite a few settings and they don't all use the pressure cooker.

7 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

I don’t have an insta pot but I thought it was supposed to cook things quickly, not all day like a crockpot. 

The instructions could have just been:

put fresh/thawed hamburger meat in the pot and turn it on to brown. Once browned,  chop up meat and add seasoning and water. Put on (whatever) setting for X amount of time. 

Thats it. 

Calling it an Instant Pot is pure marketing. It’s not. Some things do cook quickly but it generally takes longer for the pot to come up to pressure than it does for it to go through the actual cooking cycle. It is great for some things, like stews and beans that would take a long time otherwise, but that’s nothing different than any pressure cooker can do. Otherwise, I’d say that with 95% of the Instant Pot recipes I’ve made, my main thought was always “I could have done that on the stove in a regular pot in the same or less time.” I was a latecomer to the Instant Pot and I’m seriously considering selling it. Does make great hard-boiled eggs though that always peel easily but that’s not enough to justify having one.

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

Calling it an Instant Pot is pure marketing. It’s not. Some things do cook quickly but it generally takes longer for the pot to come up to pressure than it does for it to go through the actual cooking cycle. It is great for some things, like stews and beans that would take a long time otherwise, but that’s nothing different than any pressure cooker can do. Otherwise, I’d say that with 95% of the Instant Pot recipes I’ve made, my main thought was always “I could have done that on the stove in a regular pot in the same or less time.” I was a latecomer to the Instant Pot and I’m seriously considering selling it. Does make great hard-boiled eggs though that always peel easily but that’s not enough to justify having one.

It is true that time could be saved cooking "the old fashioned way" sometimes - but I love how I can put some frozen hunk o' meat in and come out with fork tender in probably an hour.  I will never make chuck roast the "old way" again.  I make a chicken noodle stew using the frozen homestyle noodles and it is to die for.  Spare ribs?  Yum!

I love my Instant Pot. 

I will say the slow cooker setting is less than ideal because it only heats from the bottom.  It's probably ok for keeping foods warm, like in a buffet.

But the meat is done after you add the seasoning.  Why cook it all day?  How does this save time?  I was going to say these people are insane (and they are) but they come across as just plain ignorant.  

......embellishments.  :pb_rollseyes:

4 hours ago, sparkles said:

I use mine for stews, and boiling pasta and potatoes.  I can't lift a big pot of water anymore and we have a small kitchen so the steam and heat was always a problem.  It doesn't really take any less time but it's more controlled and also frees up a burner.  So for the pasta and potato aspect it is worth it for me!  If anyone is curious I put the cut up potatoes or pasta (break spaghetti in half) in the pot, cover with cold water and a bit of sea salt, and cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.  I let it natural release for about 20 minutes and finish it manually if the button hasn't dropped yet.  It turns out pasta that is just past al dente but not mushy, so to our tastes.  I use de cecco brand pasta and my potatoes are always charlottes (close to yukon gold).  If you like it firmer you could release a couple minutes before that.  I have had good luck with spaghetti, penne, fusilli, orrechiette, but not the thinner types.  

I stumbled on this thread yesterday and had a taco craving, it took me about 30 minutes to cook and assemble nachos and that included going to the store.  The meat took about 3-5 minutes to brown up and spice in a frying pan.  I don't understand using an instant pot for this at all but I gather "why why would you do this" is a common reaction to this family.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

How to color in a coloring book

They'll advise on which end of the coloring utensil,  thank Rufus.

As for seasoning, maybe they add cinnamon to the taco meat instead of cayenne.  Interesting, huh?

I love my instant pot. I set it at night to wake up to steel cut oats with diced apple and cinnamon in the morning, make brown rice or quinoa nearly every day, make my husband’s pot roast in it, cook frozen chicken breast fast, and, for vegan me, cook beans and lentil entrees like curries and meatless chilis. Today I started a no recipe soup/stew thing (cleaning out the veggie drawer) that I serve over quinoa and ended up filling it up too much to use the pressure function. So I used it as a crock pot instead. Honestly, it gets used at least five days a week, often multiple times a day. 

My husband wanted to get one for at least a year before I succumbed, and, it pains me to say this, but he was absolutely right. 

On 4/21/2018 at 8:45 PM, Beermeet said:

The easiest taco crockpot recipe I know that is a staple here:

3 large chicken breasts

Salsa of your choosing.  Place chicken boobs in crockpot, cover generously with salsa, cook on low for 8 hours.  Shred with two forks, make whatever you want with it.  Tacos, burritos or salad.  Toppings  ( I'm going to talk about them Sarah, sorry not sorry):  cheese ( shredded pepperjack or sharp cheddar), sour cream, diced onion and cilantro, diced tomato, lettuce, limes, and various hot sauces.  Easy peasy!

I make this only I also add corn and if I am feeling really fancy beans to the chicken/salsa mix.  So easy...which I love.

@Granwych, well cinnamon is added to Cincinnati Chili.  But they also use chili powder.

I need to find my recipe for vegetarian Cincinnati chili.  

Was just out of state visiting my mom and sister, and I read this post the very day I had been testing out the new Instant Pot I got for my sister...I made the most amazing mushroom risotto and (separately) some really good chicken and rice - and from prepping to sauteing the mushrooms, onions and chicken for each of the dishes to pressure cooking the ingredients with bone broth and dry rice, I think the total time I spent on each of the meals was 30-35 minutes. So reading Sarah's tale of browning the meat, adding the spices and then cooking the beef all afternoon was particularly WTF?!? for me.

19 hours ago, sparkles said:

I agree, I often find it's quicker to cook meat on the stove than in the instant pot. The exception is a roast or something which you can do from frozen in the pressure cooker. But then I don't really like meat cooked to death in sauce either. I much prefer meat roasted on the oven. And I don't eat had boiled eggs. 

I have found the pot gets up to pressure faster if you turn it on saute while preparing the food, then everything is a little warmer getting started. 

5 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Was just out of state visiting my mom and sister, and I read this post the very day I had been testing out the new Instant Pot I got for my sister...I made the most amazing mushroom risotto and (separately) some really good chicken and rice - and from prepping to sauteing the mushrooms, onions and chicken for each of the dishes to pressure cooking the ingredients with bone broth and dry rice, I think the total time I spent on each of the meals was 30-35 minutes. So reading Sarah's tale of browning the meat, adding the spices and then cooking the beef all afternoon was particularly WTF?!? for me.

Oooh, how did you make the risotto?  I use the Serious Eats method of basically only stirring it once after the first batch of liquid is absorbed (and it comes out better than any made in the 15 years I spent standing there babysitting them, I was incredibly skeptical but it works!) but it sounds like the Instant Pot would be even more hands off and probably faster.

Post up today about how she tracks her adult kids’ Internet usage and how Steve receives a report of her usage everyday.

Ive only been married 8 years and been with my husband for 12.  I really don’t give a shit where he looks online because I’m pretty secure in my relationship.  We’re also atheists, so... we enjoyed amazing weather on our Earth Day Sunday playing with our kids outside almost the entire day. 

There really is zero privacy in that house. I wonder if the two computer sons are Nathan and Chris? I know Joe has a computer job, but it seems the other two would be more likely to use this. I can’t imagine one night not being able to sleep and just surfing the net or playing a game. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a camera in the bedrooms too...

Again, the suffocation!  They can't surf the web without knowing Stevehova is watching.  He doesn't trust his wife or his kids.

I certainly don't keep tabs on what my husband searches for nor does he me.  If he wants to infect his computer with dark web sites, that's his prerogative.  (I doubt he does, but just sayin')  I don't even go through his cell phone.  I trust him.

Must be Stevehova's so insecure - that their faith is so shaky that he must keep them under firm control.  Gee Steve.  Oftentimes what you project onto others is something you're guilty of yourself.  Hmm?

Archived