IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell Blog Postings: Scripture and Scriptorium

Ivycoveredtower

Sarah is forcced to post every Monday, wednesday and some other day i'm not remembering right now. She churns out shitty content.

She writes about her devotion to Jesus "as her lover". That is beyond gross!

2 minutes ago, freejugar said:

Sarah is forcced to post every Monday, wednesday and some other day i'm not remembering right now. She churns out shitty content.

it's usually Monday Wednesday Friday but she posted yesterday too about some bible passage she was reading. 

I guess the scheduled posts is why it took Sarah a month to get the Scriptorium post up.  It looked at one point as if half the attendees were Maxwell related.

Plus my computer won't go to the Scriptorium sites.  It thinks they're suspect on security. 

I'm sick of hearing about the Bible and I'm only a Titus2 blog reader. I cannot imagine how every member of the Maxwell family feels. Besides Steve. Seriously, at some point, isn't someone reciting a Bible verse just another day? Goodness. 

The word Scriptorium at first glance reminds me of Santorum, which reminds me of Dan Savage's new meaning for that name... :pb_lol: I'll see myself out.

53 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

it's usually Monday Wednesday Friday but she posted yesterday too about some bible passage she was reading. 

I took that one to be a shout-out to FJ: we will not fight you openly, rather we will just keep showing up.

Why is Mary in two different outfits? I’m pretty sure they’re both Mary and one isn’t Chelsy. Were they there on two days? 

51209D42-5E91-4F86-BD06-B1DC813FFCBD.thumb.png.9a20b9f7ec1419f07c1c1bf40dd27ce1.png

Scriptorium - just a fancy made-up word to describe basic bible readings to make it seem more exciting.  Ho hum...

1 hour ago, Dark Matters said:

Scriptorium - just a fancy made-up word to describe basic bible readings to make it seem more exciting.  Ho hum...

It isn't a made up word.

scrip·to·ri·um

ˌskripˈtôrēəm/

noun

historical

a room set apart for writing, especially one in a monastery where manuscripts were copied.

http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/scriptorium/

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

It isn't a made up word.

scrip·to·ri·um

ˌskripˈtôrēəm/

noun

historical

a room set apart for writing, especially one in a monastery where manuscripts were copied.

http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/scriptorium/

Didn't Sarah's scriptorium used to be Uriah? I think she used to go out in the bus to write.

She should pencil in "scriptorium time" on the schedule and slip out to Starbucks or something.

Ugh, what's with the head touching in pictures? I barely even do that with members of my own family.  Granted I'm not an overly physically affectionate person.  But who does that with a stranger? Or someone you've met at best once, twice?

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Why is Mary in two different outfits? I’m pretty sure they’re both Mary and one isn’t Chelsy. Were they there on two days? 

51209D42-5E91-4F86-BD06-B1DC813FFCBD.thumb.png.9a20b9f7ec1419f07c1c1bf40dd27ce1.png

Mary in the top photo, Anna in the bottom one.

According to the Scriptorium web site the Kansas City event was two days, so that was probably Mary on both days.

Although I agree, she looked very Anna-like in that bottom picture, right down to the plaid shirt!

Listening to children and adults recite books of the Bible sounds like hell. 

33 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Listening to children and adults recite books of the Bible sounds like hell. 

Not to mention utterly tedious. It’s all they listen to day in day out for God’s sake!!

It's absolutely petty but a 'published writer' like Sarah should know that the plural of scriptorium is not scriptoriums.

Actually, the use of the word to describe recital and dissertation sets my teeth on edge in general.  Fundies are all about words having very strict and set meanings except when it's convenient.

This type of event would be interesting if they had actual theologians making their work accessible to everyday Christians and providing them with new insights into the Bible. With this crowd, even a real pastor with a real divinity degree is more than what they're used to. But I wouldn't want to sit there and listen to someone else's kids recite randomly memorized Bible verses that they don't really understand.

It sound like kids reciting entire chapters that they've been coerced into memorizing.  That's only fun if you're related to that child and even then I'd have a fake smile after a verse or two.

Sounds like they are prepping Abby for future bible bees.  Can't let the Bontragers show them up.

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Sounds like they are prepping Abby for future bible bees.  Can't let the Bontragers show them up.

Now that would be fine if Abby could participate in an activity with kids her own age. I hope she already does and the blog just doesn't mention it. We're always seeing her with younger siblings and cousins, doing little kid things.

9 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Now that would be fine if Abby could participate in an activity with kids her own age. I hope she already does and the blog just doesn't mention it. We're always seeing her with younger siblings and cousins, doing little kid things.

Or just as often, wrangling and supervising little kids. I hope Mel & Maye are quietly letting her see Mel’s family’s more-sensible side of life, otherwise she has quite a future as an unmarried, babysitting, mountain climbing aunt.

Archived