IGNORED

IBLP Calls Cops on Bill Gothard for Trespass

formergothardite

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

It’s strange that they were so adamant about Gothard leaving the conference. Had I now known how it ended, I would have thought they would worship him when they got him alone instead of trying to force him to leave. I have to think this is about more than just the Board wanting to look good. I wonder if there is something else we don’t know that makes them want Gothard to go away forever. I mean, this is a man they basically worshipped. A part of me always thought he was still pulling the strings from behind the scenes. I wonder if an advance was made to a girl from a prominent family. 

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if most of the people at the conference still respected BG and did want to greet him and talk to him. I believe that part of the story was true and no need for exaggeration. But I think the 3 main guys in power like their power (and any money it provides them). BG is a threat to their money and power so they will do what they can to get rid of him so he can’t garner any sympathy from the few cult members they have left. BG is a threat to what they have going now. They want to forget all about him. 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JermajestyDuggar is right. These three guys, especially Gil Bates, want to keep their reputation as pristine as possible because they're after all of the money.  I believe it was once reported that IBLP has ~$75 million AUM. If Gothard joins the board, it will make the Duggars and Bates look bad and TV networks face protests about cancelling the shows.

Honestly, they should shut IBLP down, give Gothard back whatever property and possessions he had and let him die with it, and open up a new organization in their own name instead of remaining in power from the coup they pulled off and I am NO fan of Bill Gothard.

It is bizarre that they are selling materials that Bill Gothard wrote yet want him in jail if he comes on the property. I read that Gothard has been legally banned from the property for 4 years. That alone, to me, says that they are after so much money that they would rather remain in power with Gothard's assets than to just start their own.

It is hilarious to see how all of these people are not acting how they preach. So much for submitting to authorities, not suing Christians, and Christian forgiveness.

There's a lot at stake for Gil if Gothard came back or causes dissention. Michael's husband, Brandon also works for IBLP.

Also, if they don't reconcile with Bill Gothard, I have a feeling he will sue them. I can see this as the end of IBLP. Robert Staddon, Brandon Keilen, and David Waller better get on board with a 2.0 program, ASAP...

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Someone named Beth thinks the BoD didn't really want the job(they did)

Hide contents

We all know that the board is not in it for the money. Personally, I have my own issues with the board because of certain events, but that put aside, they took on a nasty job that no one would naturally want (step into the fire?) and were handed a platter of years worth of junk to deal with. If anything, they’re doing their job out of obligation because someone has to do it and they still feel the message is worth preserving. The idea that they’re doing it to get rich is ludicrous and y’all know it.

So I remembered reading about someone defending the BoD ( thought it was Alfred but it is this commentor Beth, ) but I think it's an obvious position for someone sympathetic to the board to take: that they were not and are not out for money, that the idea that the board is out to get rich is "ludicrous", because it's such a nasty job  and there is so much junk to deal with.

But exactly! Why would these guys pick up  (and then hold on to for dear life) this steaming pile of shit if there wasn't something in it for them? Why wouldn't they just start fresh with their own outfit?

Poor old Bill is left out in the cold. Why would he want back in so desperately if it wasn't to keep warm? And, not from the love and closeness of all his followers but from the dollars in their pockets that pay more than the heating bills.

So all this is not for anything but the preservation of this old pervert's (old) words? God spoke in his ear for 30 year and then cut him off? 

I don't buy it. If this isn't about money that exists it is about the acquisition of money. And who makes money? People. People who will hand their money over to those who would control their souls.

And this wont be the first time this Institute of  Basic Youth Conflicts, Institute of Basic Life Principles, Institute of Base Bullshit Disrepute has changed it's brand or it's name, but not it's game.

12 hours ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Though schmuck is used colloquially in the way you defined it, it’s really a derogatory Yiddish word for penis.  As in “he’s such a dick”.

Thank you! Your definition is very true of Gabriel Cleator.

11 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

give Gothard back whatever property and possessions he had

The thing is, Gothard never had anything. He made a big deal about it to show that he wasn't like most mega-religious leaders. He didn't have lots of possessions, everything was owned by IBLP. Alfred is now acting like they BoD stole his personal stuff, but they didn't. They took control of an organization and it seems even Gothard's teachings were owned by that organization. Never in a million years did Gothard think that he would end up without access to IBLP properties and funds. He had set it up that he appeared to live without many worldly possessions while in reality relying on IBLP funds to maintain his fairly lavish lifestyle. 

They aren't giving up the millions of dollars to start from scratch. Starting from scratch is hard. It is easier just to rebrand IBLP. They also aren't going to share any of that money with Gothard. They are just as corrupt as he is, they were just able to out smart him. 

So Gothard is now an idiot in new ways? How stupid can you be to basically create everything and not make sure it’s all legally in your name or the name of a company in which only you have ownership rights? I don’t get how IBLP was set up so Gothard doesn’t have ownership rights. Why as IBLP set up so Gothard could lose control of it? Am I missing something on who started all this madness? What’s next, buying a house and putting it in my BFF’s name because my BFF couldn’t possibly turn on me? 

13 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I don’t get how IBLP was set up so Gothard doesn’t have ownership rights. Why as IBLP set up so Gothard could lose control of it?

This isn't a small business enterprise.  It is a huge and international parachurch.  It was set up as a 501(c)3 for tax purposes, of course.  BG couldnt "own" it.

BG "controlled" it when he was President because for most of the time he had a board of directors carefully composed of yes men.  Corrupt and (or) disengaged yes men who let him do what he liked and refused to take complaints of sexual abuse seriously.  And 4 out of 7 on that board were over 80 themselves when the shit finally hit the fan.

Gothard's big mistake was letting Paine and Bates (and possibly York) on the board.  When they saw a chance to dump Gothard they did.  He was a massive liability not an asset.  

As for who should get the money if IBLP were to be folded - give it to the poor donors.  Give it to the poor suckers who worked for the fucked up NFP for nothing.  Give it to the people who were viciously abused by Gothard and his equally corrupt staff.

Don't give it to that stinker Bill Gothard.  Or to Paine and Bates who learned from him how to make more money by deceiving people.

Alfred is trying to paint Gothard as some sort of martyr. The bolded is what this is really about. The second Gothard resigned he was screwed money wise. 

Spoiler

Well, let’s put it a different way. The man who gave up marriage and family, refusing to accept more than $20K/year in compensation in 50 years of tireless ministry, getting not more than 4 hours of sleep a night as he counseled and wrote and prepared, living his entire life in the family home he grew up in, driving old cars (I know of at least two that died in the few years we have been helping him) . . . Whose heart and ministry has drawn and and blessed 2.7 million alumni, 100,000 ATI participants . . . The one whose ministry collected assets worth hundreds of millions of debt free dollars . . . Of whom, to this day, a majority of Board members and current IBLP leadership openly confess as having had a life changing impact on them, still professing to “love” him . . . 83 years old . . . THAT man they positioned to be able to throw into jail because he set foot on in venues he was responsible for creating to meet with people who have been very worried about him and are thrilled to see him. THAT was a run-on sentence my grade school teacher warned me about, but, I am sorry, there it is.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Alfred is trying to paint Gothard as some sort of martyr. The bolded is what this is really about. The second Gothard resigned he was screwed money wise. 

Alfred's a dope but I wonder whether his numbers are correct:

"2.7 million alumni, 100,000 ATI participants . . . "  And how many people are at present active suckers and donors, one wonders?  How many deserted?

"The one whose ministry collected assets worth hundreds of millions of debt tax free dollars . . ."  FTFY, Alfred.

"THAT man they positioned to be able to throw into jail because he set foot on in venues he was responsible for creating ..."  That man who was fired as president for cause and apparently caused such a ruckus that he is now legally forbidden to set foot in venues that he grifted from his befuddled flock.

"to meet with people who have been very worried about him ..."  As someone pointed out to Alfred a couple of days ago, nothing is stopping all these very worried people from contacting the perverted old goat via his new "ministry" website.  Or joining his new "ministry."  Or picking up the phone and calling him.  

"... and are thrilled to see him."  So thrilled that they let the old fart be evicted from the conference without any apparent issues.  I think we would have heard about it if any, let alone many, of the conference attendees had walked out with Gothard.

I have no sympathy for Bill Gothard at all. 

And I hope the rebranded IBLP just dwindles away under its new management.  It will take time.  Although donations have been dwindling for years, they still have a hell of a lot of assets to work through before they fade away.

On 4/18/2018 at 10:57 AM, formergothardite said:

~not being for sale at any price

Okay this one is Diet Coke spew worthy. I'd love to have heard him say that. Gee golly gosh Gil good to see you aren't selling your family on the Tee Vee.

Soooo... do we reckon that Bates, Paine, York, et al are paying themselves very comfortable directors' salaries (or honorariums, or inflated expenses, or whatever) out of the IBLP pot of gold?  Is there any way we could find out: are there any non-profit tax filing required of IBLP? Millions of dollars of assets are all very well and good, but there's not tons of point if B&P&Y&co can't milk them somehow.

Gil might be satisfied with Brandon keeping his job and his family's trips to see Michael being subsidized by his expense report, but somehow I don't think so.

Spoiler

27DD1925-BEE8-45BF-8ACB-320AEBFFF249.thumb.png.aa1739acca30d7c1a94a2da533e26449.png

According to the 2016 990 (required tax document filed by all U.S. nonprofits), Paine and Bates aren’t taking any compensation in their roles and Levendusky gets a relatively modest amount.

3 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:
  Hide contents

27DD1925-BEE8-45BF-8ACB-320AEBFFF249.thumb.png.aa1739acca30d7c1a94a2da533e26449.png

According to the 2016 990 (required tax document filed by all U.S. nonprofits), Paine and Bates aren’t taking any compensation in their roles and Levendusky gets a relatively modest amount.

I'm not an accountant, but I imagine there are lots of ways for them to financially benefit without actually drawing a salary. They could organize joint vacations and call them retreats, use the company card for dinners out with likeminded friends and call it marketing, buy a fleet of IBLP vehicles that the board and their kids just happen to drive, etc. These would all count as the organization's operating expenses, and since the board itself is in charge of the budget, they can basically structure the budget in their favor without ever having to pay income taxes on their goodies.

34 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

I'm not an accountant, but I imagine there are lots of ways for them to financially benefit without actually drawing a salary. They could organize joint vacations and call them retreats, use the company card for dinners out with likeminded friends and call it marketing, buy a fleet of IBLP vehicles that the board and their kids just happen to drive, etc. These would all count as the organization's operating expenses, and since the board itself is in charge of the budget, they can basically structure the budget in their favor without ever having to pay income taxes on their goodies.

Yeah, I agree with you. I was just pulling the screenshot since it was available. I look at those a lot. Still many ways to be shady.

With the lawsuit off, it looks like iBLP will self-destruct and poison itself from the inside. Would never have imagined this ten years ago.

Gothard barely paid himself, but still managed to live the high life. I'm sure Bates and Paine have figured out how to do that. They are copying Gothard where they make it look like they are doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, while really making sure they get lots of money. 

On 5/1/2018 at 10:51 PM, luv2laugh said:

Also, if they don't reconcile with Bill Gothard, I have a feeling he will sue them. I can see this as the end of IBLP. Robert Staddon, Brandon Keilen, and David Waller better get on board with a 2.0 program, ASAP...

Didn't all three of those guys basically worship the ground he walked on?  Do they have his number blocked on their phones now?  Who is still talking to Bill?

17 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Didn't all three of those guys basically worship the ground he walked on?  Do they have his number blocked on their phones now? 

They all followed the money.  Poor, poor, Bill.  Not!

My theory is that the BoD actually found evidence that Gothard did some very bad things and that this evidence was shown to the top devoted followers like Pecan Thief and Robert Staddon to keep them from protesting Gothard being kicked out. That would also explain why the BoD won't show the documents about what they found. 

I guess there’s a video of the conference. But you couldn’t pay me to watch it. Sorry guys! I would fall asleep anyway. 

863F38AA-9FC9-4136-BA66-E4B3761A7BFC.png

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess there’s a video of the conference. But you couldn’t pay me to watch it. Sorry guys! I would fall asleep anyway.

So would I.  Am assuming Bill G. didn't make it into the footage.  :pb_lol:

Jonathon Staddon's voice is annoying.

James Staddon is going to be teaching a class at Clown College. He needs to keep his eyes on the road.

Jonathon is truly obnoxious. 

Donald just lurks in the background. 

We only see ALERT parts of the conference. 

Esther Staddon's voice is annoying too. 

The main thing the children at the conference learned was that they needed to stay under authority. 

Spoiler

Out of all the unmarried Staddons, I would guess James will be the next to marry. He’s ok looking and takes some beautiful pictures. Plus he probably meets a lot of new fundies all the time. 

Archived