IGNORED

IBLP Calls Cops on Bill Gothard for Trespass

formergothardite

34 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Unfortunately, I think that it is ultimately up to the members and survivors of these corrupt and spiritually abusive religious movements to defeat them.  It might be by working to make changes from within or by voting with their feet and leaving them.

Very well said. This is why I am leery of too much squeeing about the families discussed here, as members of these horrible groups reading here may not think they are so bad after all. All we can do is continue to give bad press, which is at times also humorous.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes.  But then I have been following this for a very long time.  Possibly longer than you.

I have made every effort to educate myself about the dangers of extreme Fundamentalism - in my spare time.

That is not the stated purpose of Free Jinger.  We are a primarily a snark board, although we try to educate our readers as we can about the inconsistencies, hypocrisy and downright evil lurking in the depths of extreme beliefs.  We probably have far more readers (we are a public board) than members.  We sometimes educate through rather dubious humor because snark is both a defense and a weapon in the arsenal. 

And you have no idea about what we, as individuals, may "DO" off-line.  We have rules about not representing Free Jinger as we "DO" things though.  https://www.freejinger.org/faq/8-guidelines/#elQuestion-114

IBLP is just one manure heap among many.  Speaking only for myself, I track as many extreme Fundamentalist parachurches, churches, and movements as I have time to spend.  The links among them are interesting.  Their methods are remarkably similar.  I try to point these out - for educational purposes.

Unfortunately, I think that it is ultimately up to the members and survivors of these corrupt and spiritually abusive religious movements to defeat them.  It might be by working to make changes from within or by voting with their feet and leaving them.

Yes.  

If you had read back a few pages you would have seen that I had already found it.  And we were already aware of his presence on the BoD and his official bio.  Calling him the mysterious Pastor David York was a joke, because he seems to hide in the shadows. 

Someone might.  But you don't get to direct or order other members to do anything.  

Again, Free Jinger is an international snark forum with members of many different beliefs.  We are not a advocacy group nor an activist group. You need to look elsewhere for that.   Recovering Grace or Homeschoolers Anonymous may be more up your alley.  

I agree with everything you just posted. I wasn't trying to point fingers, and I'm not trying to be overly critical of y'all.  I applaud you and everyone else who has taken the effort to learn about the dangers of cults and cult-like followings, and are warning others about them.  I can also see how if you weren't personally invested in IBLP, or if you're approaching it from a 'one of many' stance, than yes, who really gives a rip about the new development/s. 

Ok, I totally missed the David York joke, my bad....

Not trying to order anyone around, I guess it just bled over from Reddit/4ch. 

Now I see the light. While I read a lot of FJ in the past, admittedly I didn't really get up to speed before posting. I forgot that it was a snark forum. :P (rather daft of me lol) 

On 5/16/2018 at 8:05 PM, sableduck said:

I can only imagine what the police officer was thinking.

We’ve had some ALERT graduates join the volunteer fire department I am a part of.  They really think they’re some super emergency responders...their training is abysmal but they’ve been told over and over and over how special and awesome they are because of penis.  As a married female with three children who works full time as a paramedic, it seems to blow their minds when I tell them what to do on an emergency scene.

Sableduck! Haven't seen a post from you in sometime (though you may have just been on different topics). Good to "see" you again.

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

IBLP is just one manure heap among many.  Speaking only for myself, I track as many extreme Fundamentalist parachurches, churches, and movements as I have time to spend.  The links among them are interesting.  Their methods are remarkably similar.  I try to point these out - for educational purposes.

me too!

I have never been fundie and my eyes weren't opened on how horrible the Duggars were until a good friend that is respected family counselor told me that having that many kids and spending time with each one and individual growth development, etc is not possible. That is when I started digging deeper and deeper and found Vision Forum, IBLP, etc. I had already done a lot of reading on FLDS.

3 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Sableduck! Haven't seen a post from you in sometime (though you may have just been on different topics). Good to "see" you again.

I’ve been really busy but still lurking :)  I finally remembered my password and logged in a few weeks ago.

Nice to be back!!

On 4/18/2018 at 6:38 PM, Nikedagain? said:

TRUE CONFESSION:  I have really always wanted to attend this conference. Like a social experiment, but with an invisibility cloak and xanax. 

sorrynotsorry

I feel the same way about going to the Creation Museum or the Ark Encounter, but I'd like to be on acid instead of Xanax.

47 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I feel the same way about going to the Creation Museum or the Ark Encounter, but I'd like to be on acid instead of Xanax.

I’ve had this fantasy for years! I’d like to include the holy lands amusement park, too.  Live crucifictions twice a day!

2 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I'm not sure if it's the same museum or not, but I did go to one in Glen Rose, TX many years ago.  It was not really complete at the time. We went to see the dinosaur footprints in the Paluxy river and the museum was right next door to the park site.  We had time to kill so we went through the museum.  It was very much a WTF? moment!

41 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I'm not sure if it's the same museum or not, but I did go to one in Glen Rose, TX many years ago.  It was not really complete at the time. We went to see the dinosaur footprints in the Paluxy river and the museum was right next door to the park site.  We had time to kill so we went through the museum.  It was very much a WTF? moment!

Good grief.  You have not truly snarked unless you have seen the Creation Museum https://creationmuseum.org/ and the Ark Encounter https://arkencounter.com/ websites.  Check them out!

No need to go in person and give them money.  Just look at the threads here, and at online articles and reviews.:lol:

I suppose we can suspend belief for a moment at the idea of dinosaurs roaming the earth along with Adam and Eve.  Well, some of us can.

But,  rest assured, those dinosaurs were on the Ark too!  Well, apparently.  But the (um) completely imaginary sewage system on the Ark to get rid of imaginary dinosaur poop is a thing of really extraordinary beauty.

AiG is truly amazing for the amount of work they obviously put into it. And while I love reading about the dinosaurs, recently I came about this puzzling piece: 

We all know and love the classic umbrella of protection, sure - but this one is held up by both parents equally! Nothing short of blasphemy, but also made me wonder about the connection between AiG and IBLP

https://answersingenesis.org/train-up-a-child/christian-parenting/protective-authority/

image.jpeg

On 17/05/2018 at 10:23 AM, luv2laugh said:

@formergothardite Can you change the title of the thread to include the latest maybe like "IBLP calls cops on Bill Gothard for trespass at Big Sandy Conf"?  This way, maybe some other posters can chime in on the news since many are probably unaware. I'm really wondering what is going on.

But add "BillG didn't refuse to leave and they agreed to discuss it after the meeting". It's very important. ;) 

31 minutes ago, SrMaryEloquentia said:

We all know and love the classic umbrella of protection, sure - but this one is held up by both parents equally!

Now that's a bizarre umbrella.  Talk about stretching a metaphor :P  And what's with the children keeping the parents separated?  I feel that couple is headed to divorce ;)

Speaking of AiG, I remember long long ago (maybe 20 years) Ken Ham would sometimes in his talks ask "Can you marry your relative?  a. yes b. no c. only after counselling", and I recently discovered the same phrasing is still in use by other creationist speakers in very recent presentations.

(For the curious that's part of the "Who did Cain marry?" topic.) 

11 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

Speaking of AiG, I remember long long ago (maybe 20 years) Ken Ham would sometimes in his talks ask "Can you marry your relative?  a. yes b. no c. only after counselling", and I recently discovered the same phrasing is still in use by other creationist speakers in very recent presentations.

(For the curious that's part of the "Who did Cain marry?" topic.) 

And that's just another reason why this whole "taking Genesis literally "-thing is highly problematic. After the flood, Noah fathered children with his own daughters, so incest isn't too bad!

11 hours ago, Briefly said:

I've driven by there and think the actual building is beautiful and the setting is lovely, but would never stop in.  I did notice that only a few cars were at the museum, the nearby dinosaur theme park was packed. 

6 hours ago, SrMaryEloquentia said:

And that's just another reason why this whole "taking Genesis literally "-thing is highly problematic. After the flood, Noah fathered children with his own daughters, so incest isn't too bad!

No, Noah never had daughters. Lot did, and after Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, they got him drunk and had sex with him so they could get pregnant.

57 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

No, Noah never had daughters. Lot did, and after Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, they got him drunk and had sex with him so they could get pregnant.

Never had daughters that were mentioned in the Bible.* I was taught that most of them had more kids, but they just weren't mentioned.

*Or, you know, Noah never existed at all :pb_lol:

10 hours ago, Howl said:

I've driven by there and think the actual building is beautiful and the setting is lovely, but would never stop in.  I did notice that only a few cars were at the museum, the nearby dinosaur theme park was packed. 

It's been several years, I don't remember exactly when but the Creation Museum was under construction but was open.  We enjoyed the dinosaur footprints in the Paluxy river. The Creation Museum had a footprint that had been pried up out of the riverbed that had a human (or whatever ancestor!) footprint inside the dinosaur footprint.  It was pretty obvious to me that the original footprint of the dinosaur had been made in the clay that formed the riverbed and then at some point later in time, somebody stepped in the same spot.  But the Creation Museum was using that as proof of the young earth theory.  They had a video that went into great detail about time being stopped or stretched - only on earth, not the other planets - and that was part of their proof that the earth is only a few thousand years old. It was really weird!

18 hours ago, SrMaryEloquentia said:

Well no, that's a problem with not reading Genesis 7:7 which says that Noah's sons' wives went into the ark.

20 hours ago, Briefly said:

The Creation Museum had a footprint that had been pried up out of the riverbed that had a human (or whatever ancestor!) footprint inside the dinosaur footprint.  It was pretty obvious to me that the original footprint of the dinosaur had been made in the clay that formed the riverbed and then at some point later in time, somebody stepped in the same spot.  But the Creation Museum was using that as proof of the young earth theory.  They had a video that went into great detail about time being stopped or stretched - only on earth, not the other planets - and that was part of their proof that the earth is only a few thousand years old. It was really weird!

Oooh!  That sounds like Joe Taylor's dinosaur footprint with human girl footprint.  He's still selling replicas.  http://mtblanco.com/2016/03/human-girl-footprintdinosaur-track-replica/  I don't know how he knows it is a "girl's" footprint.  Perhaps it looks submissive.

Joe's still nutting fucks.  Now he's found metal pipes showing industrialised people 300 million years ago.  Or something. http://mtblanco.com/2018/01/press-release-manmade-artifacts-in-300-million-year-old-strata/ 

If you want a really long rabbit hole:  The Curse of the Allosaur or the Skeleton in the Closet.

Joe Taylor probably sold his original of the human girl footprint to the Creation Museum for the money.  Poor Joe needed it badly.  He called out Doug Phillips (who is a tool) for all the fakery in the Raising the Allosaur "documentary" and got himself sued.  So Christian of the VF crowd.  

But Ebenezer the famous Allosaurus was apparently also donated to the Creation Museum.  Good summary of all the shenanigans here:

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2014/07/17/the-skeletons-in-doug-phillipss-closet-are-now-in-the-creation-museum-literally/

I'm confused...How is this Allosaur supposed to disprove evolution??

15 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

I'm confused...How is this Allosaur supposed to disprove evolution??

Ebenezer "proves" Noah's Flood and that there were dinosaurs on the Ark.  He's only 4,300 years old.  That is, according to the Creation "scientists."

https://guardianlv.com/2014/05/creation-museum-claims-allosaurus-skeleton-proves-noahs-flood/

The one that was dug out by amateurs who had no idea what they were doing from a rocky outcrop that dates to the Jurassic period?  Riiiiiiiight.

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Oooh!  That sounds like Joe Taylor's dinosaur footprint with human girl footprint.  He's still selling replicas.  http://mtblanco.com/2016/03/human-girl-footprintdinosaur-track-replica/  I don't know how he knows it is a "girl's" footprint.  Perhaps it looks submissive.

Joe's still nutting fucks.  Now he's found metal pipes showing industrialised people 300 million years ago.  Or something. http://mtblanco.com/2018/01/press-release-manmade-artifacts-in-300-million-year-old-strata/ 

If you want a really long rabbit hole:  The Curse of the Allosaur or the Skeleton in the Closet.

Joe Taylor probably sold his original of the human girl footprint to the Creation Museum for the money.  Poor Joe needed it badly.  He called out Doug Phillips (who is a tool) for all the fakery in the Raising the Allosaur "documentary" and got himself sued.  So Christian of the VF crowd.  

But Ebenezer the famous Allosaurus was apparently also donated to the Creation Museum.  Good summary of all the shenanigans here:

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2014/07/17/the-skeletons-in-doug-phillipss-closet-are-now-in-the-creation-museum-literally/

I totally forgot about the allosaur! I miss VF so damn much!

On 5/18/2018 at 7:07 PM, Palimpsest said:

No need to go in person and give them money.  Just look at the threads here, and at online articles and reviews.:lol:

My favorite long distance encounter with the Ark Encounter was when Ozzy and Jack Osbourne visited it as part of their World Detour reality show. :pb_lol:

18 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

My favorite long distance encounter with the Ark Encounter was when Ozzy and Jack Osbourne visited it as part of their World Detour reality show. :pb_lol:

I loved that they were openly snarking on it the entire time, with Ozzy basically ignoring Jack's dictum about not swearing on the premises, and when they and their camera crew wandered into a staff-only area, they were like "Oh well, naughty us."

And then Ozzy goes and strikes a Jesus pose in front of those huge doors, not realizing he's standing directly under a giant cross because he didn't look up...

Archived