IGNORED

IBLP Calls Cops on Bill Gothard for Trespass

formergothardite

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Gothard got hold of an IBLP mailing list and tried to rope members into his new scam but it didn't work. He was trying to sell a new conference, but I can't remember the details. He has a website where he sells booklets that are basically the same stuff IBLP sells. His about me section completely leaves off IBLP/ATI

But guys, getting ousted from IBLP has nothing to do with Gothard's new cult  I mean scam to take people's money , I mean, attempt at control..... "ministry"? Well whatever he's trying to do. On his new website he writes " During the first 30 years of my life, God fulfilled His promise to make whatever I did prosper if I meditated on His Word day and night." Well, he was just so successful and distracted by his Gothard's girls  that he forgot to memorize meditate on scripture! Thankfully though, since January 2014 God has given him the grace to not miss a single day or night! Because of this rekindled devotion God started waking him in the night to give him even deeper divine insights! And so of course he wrote them down and now...would you believe it?! He has 20 books! All ready to push on people. So see, it had nothing to do with the board of the IBLP kicking him out...Hardly even an afterthought for Gothard since he has been so busy spinning his own bullshit out of  I mean meditating on scripture to release new and better (aka exactly the same pile of garbage) insights on the world.

He's been doing it so long I wonder if Bill Gothard even knows how to stop himself from just constantly spinning this scam in his mind and trying to make his make believe world a reality. Well, it did work for him. He saw this type of con work countless times in his life and he did make his con a reality. The people he sucked in see the opportunity too and have taken it over for themselves i.e. the Board and all the speakers, the higher ups in IBLP. It's their scam now.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if hot Skylar will be there? Is he married yet? Is he still hot?

4 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

TRUE CONFESSION:  I have really always wanted to attend this conference. Like a social experiment, but with an invisibility cloak and xanax. 

sorrynotsorry

I'd settle for hacking the site just long enough to swap out Gabriel Cleator's profile pic and change the name of his talk from "What is a Disciple?" to "What, Me Worry?"

whatmeworry.jpg.827034ae64541fb5dfcf6ffd990c1726.jpg

Is it time for any of the Duggar Howler boys to go to Alert Academy Christian Paramilitary Camp?

23 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Weren't the Maxwell's speakers at last year's event? I wonder what happened that caused them to not come back. Did IBLP hate them or did they hate IBLP?

Maybe somebody had FUN and said they looked forward to coming back (or they served Pepsi there), and it was declared an idol. After they all fasted and prayed about it they tearfully decided to stay home this year. They may still be debating whether to fast while praying for the attendees who might be having FUN on what some might call a vacation and have therefore forgotten where they will go when they DIE, or to continue with their usual meatless burritos. I'm not sure how far out they make their schedules.

19 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

TRUE CONFESSION:  I have really always wanted to attend this conference. Like a social experiment, but with an invisibility cloak and xanax. 

sorrynotsorry

I've also been curious about it as well, though I couldn't actually do it.  If I were serious about it, I would probably start with a Maxwell conference first, since I wouldn't have to sleep onsite - it would give me a short trial run at getting the right 'look' to fit in, since I'm not even sure if I own a long-enough skirt.  Also a chance to use the correct terminology, which I've learned from this site.

I think that I've been reading here for too long...:my_confused:

I seem to remember reading Gothard’s email re: his latest “ministry” to heads of households posted somewhere. I thought it was here, but it could have been Love Joy Feminism or someplace like that. It had something to do with teaching men to pray for their family, if I’m remembering right. And how to be a godly head of a family. No surprise there.

I don't think Jeremy really meshes style wise with the IBLP crowd. I think he fancies himself to geared towards cosmopolitan, city dwellers. The IBLP might possibly come across as old-fashioned country bumpkins. Pure speculation, of course. 

6 hours ago, refugee said:

I seem to remember reading Gothard’s email re: his latest “ministry” to heads of households posted somewhere. I thought it was here, but it could have been Love Joy Feminism or someplace like that. It had something to do with teaching men to pray for their family, if I’m remembering right. And how to be a godly head of a family. No surprise there.

LMAO what would he know about that? Reminds me of his book about the seven secrets of a successful courtship by "Bill Gothard, PhD".

And no, Jeremy Vuolo's brand of fundamentalism is totally different from IBLP. There are core similarities but the branding is different. 

I wonder what they are discussing in the 'Single with a purpose (25+)' group. Would that be for men and women?

16 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Maybe somebody had FUN and said they looked forward to coming back (or they served Pepsi there), and it was declared an idol. After they all fasted and prayed about it they tearfully decided to stay home this year. They may still be debating whether to fast while praying for the attendees who might be having FUN on what some might call a vacation and have therefore forgotten where they will go when they DIE, or to continue with their usual meatless burritos. I'm not sure how far out they make their schedules.

I love a hearty laugh before 6 am! You hit every Maxhell high point in one post! 

I've always thought of Jeremy as more of a hipster-style preacher, along the lines of Mark Driscoll.  The Gothard crowd would not be trendy enough for him, though he probably tolerates them when he has to.

2 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

I've always thought of Jeremy as more of a hipster-style preacher, along the lines of Mark Driscoll.  The Gothard crowd would not be trendy enough for him, though he probably tolerates them when he has to.

Hipster fundies and hipster fundie pastors are definitely becoming a thing. I feel like the Roberts kids are the epitome of fundie hipster. And Norma married a hipster pastor and has two hipster babies already. 

18 hours ago, refugee said:

It had something to do with teaching men to pray for their family,

It was indeed Men's Prayer Groups.  Apparently he didn't get many participants willing to pray with him for cash.  Here's the new website:  https://billgothard.com/

Jonathan Staddon posted the opening performance of Big Sandy on his Instagram if anyone wants to take a look his page is public. 

55E6BAA8-09F8-4FCD-90D3-A816D1D47081.png

The whole zip lining from the ceiling was more impressive when it was in a huge conference center. The crowd is on the small side. 

This is what it was like back in the glory days of IBLP. There were more people in the student choir back then than there are attending the conference now. 

Spoiler

Here is one of the last years Gothard was there. He is creepy as hell. 

On 18/4/2018 at 5:14 PM, HereticHick said:

Erin and Alyssa and their families won't attend (they have newborns as an excuse) nor will Whitney & Zach

In the last facebook live the Bates did they were in the car i assume travelling to Texas. So taking that into account it seems Erin is there with her two girls at least.

Since Lawson is with them and he sang in TX on Saturday it looks like they all went to see him sing and then went to the conference. I doubt they were all just hanging out together in a Cracker Barrel parking lot, it makes more sense for them to have been traveling. 

On 4/19/2018 at 6:25 PM, HereticHick said:

Is it time for any of the Duggar Howler boys to go to Alert Academy Christian Paramilitary Camp?

Don't you mean Vacation Bible Gun Camp

I also like to call it Vanilla ISIS Training Facility, but potato, poh-tah-to. 

43 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Don't you mean Vacation Bible Gun Camp

I also like to call it Vanilla ISIS Training Facility, but potato, poh-tah-to. 

Well, I did forget to call it WHITE Christian Paramilitary Camp

Omg that choir is ENORMOUS! I’ve never seen that particular video. How fucking scary. It makes me so happy that the crowd nowadays looks tiny in comparison. 

I think for me it would be anxiety-inducing to have been a kid during the heyday of the IBLP conferences, and to now be an adult seeing how much it's floundered. I can see wanting to provide your kids with a gigantic super special community, but an awkwardly quiet (except for the babies) rec room and zip liners 2ft from the floor? No thanks.

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but do we know how many people were are in attendance?

On 4/20/2018 at 10:50 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hipster fundies and hipster fundie pastors are definitely becoming a thing. I feel like the Roberts kids are the epitome of fundie hipster. And Norma married a hipster pastor and has two hipster babies already. 

By Roberts kids, do you mean those of Duck Dynasty infamy? I absolutely agree they are fundie hipsters. I also think Phil Roberts children agree with at least some of his sentiments. They just don't like the way he said them.  The Duggar brand of fundie doesn't have much mainstream appeal. The Duck Dynasty crew does. 

Just now, Pecansforeveryone said:

By Roberts kids, do you mean those of Duck Dynasty infamy? I absolutely agree they are fundie hipsters. I also think Phil Roberts children agree with at least some of his sentiments. They just don't like the way he said them.  The Duggar brand of fundie doesn't have much mainstream appeal. The Duck Dynasty crew does. 

I didn’t mean those Roberts kids but I agree they are hipster conservative Christians. 

Archived