IGNORED

Dillards 56: Running a Marathon but not Working

Coconut Flan

Has the totally unsafe “car seat trick” from Jill been raised yet? It’s scarily bad. 

ETA: Someone here saw it too. I’m not sure how to properly post the Instagram/Blog link but it’s SO BAD.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

437B786E-22E4-45E1-8C68-C0D51BEE5C3A.png.932ee2dbb41638f494dc1d02997dbd51.png

But seriously. I just can’t with that car seat post. It’s a great money saver until you have to rush your baby to the ER because your idiocy got them hurt.

Why the fuck would a baby not be able to be moved from the car seat into the stroller? How idle and reckless are the caretakers involved?  WTF, Jill, and by extension, Michelle, the grandma who shared such valuable information? 

This has to be one of the stupidest posts by a fundie ever, made exponentially worse by her large number of followers. She also looks insane on the screen grab with her overly excited eyes and jaw.  Why, Jill, why? 

Jesus and Rufus are both weeping.  Please stop, Jill, before it's Sam or another baby who gets hurt from this lazy idiocy masquerading as parenting.

53 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Says the man who tries to sell his family to the highest bidder and begs on Twitter

Sorry, but speaking as a non-American, this is absolutely one of the weirdest things (certain) Americans say. I think I can speak for most other non-American westerners when I say it's truly baffling, because it's just so wrong. I can't figure out if the people who say it actually believe it or if they're just trying to convince themselves? And I'm not trying to shit on the U.S., which is a wonderful country in many ways, but to hear these people talk you'd think that the rest of the world was stuck in the 15th century or something...

11 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

What exactly is a car seat hack? 

Instead of spending the money to buy a proper stroller that their car seat can click into and provide some safety for their child, they are hanging the car seat over an umbrella stroller. And calling it a brilliant idea.

17 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

What exactly is a car seat hack? 

When one takes a car seat out of the car and unsafely tethers it to a lightweight umbrella stroller which is not designed for such a purpose -- that is a Duggar-Dillard car seat hack.

Jill explicitly mentions that this is easier than bringing the bigger, safer stroller which IS designed to be used in tandem with the car seat.  So basically, a Duggar "car seat hack" involves putting your baby in danger because the heavier, bigger stroller (designed for the weight of a car seat + baby) is easier for the parent/s to cart around.

It's a nice, subtle way to remind the children that regardless of their well-being, the laziness of their parents comes first. Always.  BUT, by making things "easier," this hack allows parents to have more children than they can properly care for! Definitely a necessity for the Quiverfull.

41 minutes ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

I was surprised people were actually telling her how dangerous the carseat “hack” was. 

I’ve never posted on a fundy’s social media and I had to this time. It’s so unsafe :( I was nice about it..

So help me, I hope SOMEBODY with child protective services is following Jill's Instagram. What a fucking moron.

And while I'm at it:  CLOSE YOUR FUCKING MOUTH, JILL.

I cannot imagine hanging a child's car seat off an umbrella stroller.  Those umbrella strollers are as flimsy as fuck!

So I read through all the comments and there are quite a few of “I love Jill and the  Duggars but this is unsafe” posts. So at least there is that.

1 hour ago, amandaaries said:

When one takes a car seat out of the car and unsafely tethers it to a lightweight umbrella stroller which is not designed for such a purpose -- that is a Duggar-Dillard car seat hack.

Jill explicitly mentions that this is easier than bringing the bigger, safer stroller which IS designed to be used in tandem with the car seat.  So basically, a Duggar "car seat hack" involves putting your baby in danger because the heavier, bigger stroller (designed for the weight of a car seat + baby) is easier for the parent/s to cart around.

It's a nice, subtle way to remind the children that regardless of their well-being, the laziness of their parents comes first. Always.  BUT, by making things "easier," this hack allows parents to have more children than they can properly care for! Definitely a necessity for the Quiverfull.

Wait, so they have an actual stroller that is made for the carseat to click into safely but she can’t be bothered to use it? Because it’s too difficult? 

And she’s proudly displaying this lazy idiocy as a “life-hack?”

Hey! Jill, I have a life-hack for you! If you can’t be bothered to care about your kids’ safety USE BIRTH CONTROL. That way, you won’t even need the stroller hack because you won’t have any more kids to endanger! Best life-hack there is.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:41 AM, curlykate said:

I had a bit of disappoint when I found out we were having our second boy. I really, REALLY wanted a girl and I knew that our second was going to be our last

I was hoping for a girl after having 2 sons and 2 stepsons, I was 35 years old so I had an amniocentesis test. They called and asked me if I wanted to know and I said yes. She said, “You’re having a son.”  I wasn’t disappointed like I feared.

Her using the word son instead of boy has stuck with me all these years (19 yrs later) I think it made a big difference.

Here stroller and car seat bundles start at just over £100. I'm sure in the US it's similar, buy the correct stroller or pushchair/ pram the can lie in from birth. This is insane that Jill and other Duggar's thought that was ok to do.

My DIL is happy to let us take grand wolf 2 in our car, but only if she installs the car seat herself. He's almost 5, and has just turned to front facing. He's small for his age. I think she would pass out if she saw this.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

And I'm not trying to shit on the U.S., which is a wonderful country in many ways, but to hear these people talk you'd think that the rest of the world was stuck in the 15th century or something...

Yes! There is lots to love about the US but lots to despair over too and I doubt most other western countries would agree that the US is the greatest and the number one country where you can make dreams come true. Only Americans (some not all, know many smart americans that think their country is pure shit) think that lol. Dude has fucking rocks in his head.  

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I cannot imagine hanging a child's car seat off an umbrella stroller.  Those umbrella strollers are as flimsy as fuck!

I once had a cheap umbrella stroller like this that I bought in a pinch on vacation. I couldn’t even hang my diaper bag on it without it tipping. How the f does she think a car seat will dangle safely from it?

And I am so insanely sick of her “shocked” face. 

For $62 she could buy something specifically designed for what she is looking for at Target (Snap n Go Car Seat Carrier). You still have the issue of an infant sitting in a car seat longer than they should be and the issue of using the car seat out of the car, but at least it's not an umbrella stroller. :my_angry:

If you plan to have more kids, $62 is a steal when you break it down per kid. 

My kids were each born within days of Israel and Samuel but were probably half their size. Even my tiny preemie baby who is now 9 months old can sit in an umbrella stroller with the correct safety straps.

Some famous baby safety blogger guy from New York not only called her out in the comments, but on his own Facebook page. Oh the leg jumpers went wild, saying he should "Stop shaming her" and "use this as an opportunity to reach out and TEACH her instead". Oh please!! Some even went the whole stop hating/persecution route before the comments on YouTube were disabled due to the backlash. Between this and the Pearls at Fort Rock, I wish CPS would get involved.

Here’s a still that was posted online after an episode of 19KAC where Michelle showed us this same “hack”  with baby Josie. You can google to find a million people discussing it at length at that time.

Apparently the episode was called “Josie’s 2nd goodbye”

One forum where it was discussed at the time:

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/5482830/mrs-duggar-and-her-stroller-wtf

1970B0D1-9DE2-474B-BD1A-5BC6035A2F4A.jpeg

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived