IGNORED

Grifting 101: Fundies and Their Grifted Loot

Bethella

As requested by @FundieFarmer and @Four is Enough, here is the Grifting 101 list.

last updated 20 April 2018

image.png.e6f0ad163f9f92d06efe8deba3c8908a.png

I don't have a ton of time to research this right now, so if you see something that's wrong or needs to be added let me know and I'll add it later.

Edited by Coconut Flan
updating list
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 5

If I remember correctly, Zsu's new countertops were also grifted. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

John Shrader also grifted an accordion! And managed to get someone to pay all his medical bills. I think he grifted a house of some sort at one point too. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

The Rods have grifted printing equipment if I remember correctly. They have also grifted tickets to the ark encounter. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

John Shrader also grifted an accordion! And managed to get someone to pay all his medical bills. I think he grifted a house of some sort at one point too. 

The magical mystery accordion!

John has literally grifted everything he and Esther own, eat, or have done since 2014. 

He was pretty good at grifting before then (relatives paid off his house, Esther's outstanding medical bills, and gave him the van and pop-up) but that is when he went full-time.  "Living by faith alone" got him free pilot lessons and 2 enormous Thanksgiving dinners too.

Then he grifted free lavish dinners from Burundians.  He did give them some toilet paper in return.

Honorable mentions for the piano, 2 electronic keyboards (one got broken in transit), enough obstetrical equipment to stock a clinic, printers, paper, folding machines, colloidal silver machine, exercise equipment, video camera, Bible display case, 2 luxury tents ... and lots of beef jerky and taco chips.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

I believe JRod also grifted a wedding dress for a teenager (maybe even a couple).  Also, I think that maybe the photography for their "Vowel" renewal was grifted, but I can't remember if that was a fact or speculation. Does anyone remember this?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

We can't forget the other king of grifting, Gil Bates. I think he got a van, a table, medical care(for Kelly), a tree business(maybe?), and lots of food/clothing. His house is semi-grifted because TLC did it. Gil wouldn't have paid for a larger house on his own. 

ETA: Shrader also grifted a trailer for his family to live during his failed attempt to pastor a church. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Part of the Duggar home is grifted and a church let the Duggars live in that small home for free before the big home was completed.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

We can't mention grifting without bringing up XGay Greg and Dede who showed that grifting for God doesn't work as well if you don't have charisma and/or children. I think they did scam people out of baby supplies for the eleventy month pregnancy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

"The Lord" gave the Bowers family a bus, but I'm not sure about the details since they aren't my koolaid. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Can we count the many "babymoons" and weekend trips for Jill and David. David always seems to "surprise" Jill with weekend getaways that include a show of some kind. Think about David's Oscar winning performance at the Amish dinner and theater in Pennsylvania. Don't forget the missioncation to Botswana, Africa.

Then we have the Dullards and what haven't they grifted, starting with the lavish wedding registry through his last failure for tuition to obtain a worthless certificate that will entitle him to do absolutely nothing. Also his grifters paid for all his missioncations in CA. SOS may have provided them with a house but they we obligated to pay rent for the privilege of living there. SOS pays for nothing. I saw this on their website.  Whatever happened to their wedding haul. Did they return it for cash , give it to JB and M, or put it in storage? It doesn't look like they have room for those wedding gifts in the apartment they are living in now.

These are just a few and I'm sure there are many more.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

22 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

@formergothardite what the what!?! how does one grift an entire business? i mean, if anybody could do it, it makes sense it would be Gil.

I"m trying to go back and find the original discussion of his tree business, because the whole story of his tree business was weird. I did find one where there are comments about him getting friends to purchase his bucket truck for him. It seems like the Bates got two vans gifted to them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

don't forget the piano that the Duggar's were "Gifted"  by TLC  more like they probably whined that they wanted one until they just gave them one to shut them up 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

Rodriguii-failed grifted items: 

Tickets to the Laura Ingalls house or whatever it was that they were left to lamely look through the windows. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

don't forget the piano that the Duggar's were "Gifted"  by TLC  more like they probably whined that they wanted one until they just gave them one to shut them up 

Wasn't furniture gifted to them too?  And the backyard grill?  And the services of that decorator lady from New York?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

• WhenGHaw came on FJ's radar, he was grifting hard for that really nice RV he just knew God wanted him to have.  Didn't happen.  He got the broken down RV, instead.
  • The Dugger boys were grifting donations (for a short while) for their video/film business, weren't they? 
  • Jill and Derick are always requesting donations. 
  • Jill-Rod flat out asks people to give her high school graduates monetary gifts.
  • Fake-missionary John grifted materials and labor to build the failed Timothy House/chicken enterprize.
  • Don't forget that Jill-Rod didn't get the expensive Kitchen-Aid mixer or designer perfume she put on her Pamper Mama registry.
  • The RV cage where the kitchen cabinet used to be in the Rodmobile was gifted (and probably grifted) by a pastor friend, I believe.
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Zsu is always grifting for gift cards that's the way to help your pastor's wife don't you know send her gift cards. 

Also this could just be a gift but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bates had grifted those Disney Tickets from their friend. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

“an airplane that actually flies”

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

The laziness is astounding. GET A PROPER JOB YOU LAZY BASTARDS.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

This is odd and I could be wrong but I want to say there was an episode of Bringing Up Bates where they mentioned Gil had grifted smoke alarms for their house. A necessity! But still. It sounded like they were grifted. I could be misremembering. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I think the Hodnett's trying to grift a minibus. Don't know how that turned out.

Also wasn't Beall attempting to grift for a holiday for her daughter?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, FrumperedCat said:

Also wasn't Beall attempting to grift for a holiday for her daughter?

Yes. She set up a gofundme last year to send her oldest daughter, Liberty, to Europe for her birthday.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

This is odd and I could be wrong but I want to say there was an episode of Bringing Up Bates where they mentioned Gil had grifted smoke alarms for their house. A necessity! But still. It sounded like they were grifted. I could be misremembering. 

The firemen that came to put out the fire the two youngest set in the laundry room gave them smoke alarms. That they then kept in a box until months later when one of the older boys came home and put them up.  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 3

15 hours ago, FrumperedCat said:

I think the Hodnett's trying to grift a minibus. Don't know how that turned out.

The Hodnett's grifting is very modest compared to some of the others.  I'm quite fond of them.  They grifted a small second hand car that broke down, but they failed on the minivan, AFAIK.  They did grift a bigger better house in Lockerbie because they didn't like the apartment in Dundee.  They *needed* a house.

And Jody is still chowing down fish 'n chips as of March 24.  Converting Scotland one fast food joint at a time.  Someone's got to do it.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic