IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

@usedbicycle:penguin-no:

As a Maxwell that is sleeping in far too late.  Also Chelsy needs to fit in personal Bible time, exercise time, and shared devotions in the morning before breakfast.  Then he leaves for work. Or not.  He may work from home. 

The day's activities you describe are far too frivolous.  If not F*N.  You can't go out to lunch - you need to make it for husband.  You even suggest multi-tasking (folding laundry listening to a podcast or talking on the phone), and we know that  leads to trouble. 

You forgot diligently updating grocery lists and to-do lists, updating schedules, and menu planning.  That takes a couple of hours a week.  And personal quiet time in the afternoon.

Dinner on the table at 5:30 sharp.  Followed by dishes, family Bible time and family meeting.  Sometimes you have to go to the Father-ship for these last two, but they can be done at home.  Bed time is 9:00 p.m. prompt, with sweet, sweet, fellowship as Headship desires.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, browngrl said:

Chelsy has written another wedding post and it is all pretty innocuous but one thing stood out for me. She writes " We also knew that our bridal party lineup wasn't going to be very normal in any way, and we couldn't have cared less!". She comments on how non traditional her bridesmaid choices were several times. I don't get it. She choose her sisters/sisters in law and friends as bridesmaids. This seems to be the definition of traditional and standard to me.  Why would she think this was so quirky (other than the usual fundy belief that they are special snowflakes )?

I do think it's a little nontraditional to have 14 bridesmaids, but mostly I think you're right, it's the "so special, not worldly" thing. She also specifies she only had bridesmaids who believe in Jesus (does she have any friends who don't?). On their blogs the bontragers mention wanting to bring about the next great revival, I'm sure she thinks being a Christian is rare. So yeah, special snowflake.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Becky Bon was wearing a very pretty dress that she also wore to Mitchell’s wedding. It is gray to it goes very well with the gray suits in the wedding party. However I think she ruined the beauty of the dress with a red cardigan. But she may have been very cold. As it was single digits that day. My problem with Teri’s outfit is the color black doesn’t go with any of the wedding colors. It sticks out. Here is Becky’s dress at Mitchell’s wedding. I also think Bryn’s Mom has an interesting and kind of cute dress that goes well with their wedding party.

7A7CD880-D4B2-4A9F-AA7C-2570B7C25601.jpeg

I only saw the photo with her wearing the sweater- 

I started going gray at 17 and it’s progressed to where the grey is only on the top and sides of my head and in the back if I pull it up. If I don’t color it my hair makes me look like I don’t take of myself. I have a very young face and would totally love to not color, but it’s not all over yet. 

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

I started going gray at 17 and it’s progressed to where the grey is only on the top and sides of my head and in the back if I pull it up. If I don’t color it my hair makes me look like I don’t take of myself. I have a very young face and would totally love to not color, but it’s not all over yet. 

Yep- this is me to a T. If I don't color, I just look disheveled and like I've given up. It's not a graceful look at all. I also have a baby face-

i just get a few grays at my temples or crown so I comb Just For Men beard dye on it. Been doing it for ten years. It's NOT just for men and takes 8 minutes!

12 hours ago, pandora said:

I do think it's a little nontraditional to have 14 bridesmaids, but mostly I think you're right, it's the "so special, not worldly" thing. She also specifies she only had bridesmaids who believe in Jesus (does she have any friends who don't?). On their blogs the bontragers mention wanting to bring about the next great revival, I'm sure she thinks being a Christian is rare. So yeah, special snowflake.

Chelsy has several aunts and uncles (and nephews and nieces) that at least don't seem to be that fundie. I remember reading a blog post about homeschooling (?) from a few years ago when one of their cousins confronted their holier-than-you-attitude in the comments. Maybe she was referring to her more worldly relatives

Wedding: Got up in the morning, put on some nice clothes, went downtown and got the license then headed to the Justice of the Peace for the ceremony. Went out to lunch, took kids home, got changed, went to work. 

Gray hair: I'm graying like my father, forehead and temples. Trying to decide if I want to keep coloring my hair or not. I'm currently job hunting so it may not be a bad idea. I need to hurry up and find a job so I can go back to my mani/pedi/wax every 2 weeks and quite possibly a professional cut and color instead of the more exclusive salon I usually go to (my bathroom). 

Went to a job fair for Veterans and dependents this morning...cross your fingers for me. 

I found my first grey hair when I was 22 and screamed loudly, because it really shocked me. No more grey hairs for a few years after that, but I'm turning 30 this year and realize they are getting more and more. I have really dark brown hair and love my color. A lot of people think I dyed it, because this dark brown is pretty uncommon (at least for a German). I hope I'll get a nice silver grey, because I really don't want to dye my hair.

My father turns 66 this year and hardly has any grey hair. My mother is turning 56 and I haven't seen her natural hair color in a looooong time :D. I really hope I'll be somewhere in between these two when it comes to my hair turning grey.

I'm almost 65 and I have lovely batwings at my temple. There are more and more strands of silver in my head since my mom died 2 months ago. My natural color is washed out dark brown and for years I had honey blond hair. I wear it short and the grey is more noticeable. I've always wanted a blue streak or two and may try that spray dye that washes out. 

On 4/24/2018 at 11:01 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Becky Bon was wearing a very pretty dress that she also wore to Mitchell’s wedding. It is gray to it goes very well with the gray suits in the wedding party. However I think she ruined the beauty of the dress with a red cardigan. But she may have been very cold. As it was single digits that day. My problem with Teri’s outfit is the color black doesn’t go with any of the wedding colors. It sticks out. Here is Becky’s dress at Mitchell’s wedding. I also think Bryn’s Mom has an interesting and kind of cute dress that goes well with their wedding party.

7A7CD880-D4B2-4A9F-AA7C-2570B7C25601.jpeg

Pretty sure that dress on the right is same as Michaella Keilens bridesmaids dress. Different color but same line. 

2 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Pretty sure that dress on the right is same as Michaella Keilens bridesmaids dress. Different color but same line. 

Yes, the pink ones. The tan dresses that Kelly and Erin wore as matrons of honor were so ugly. But the pink ones were very pretty. 

On 4/24/2018 at 4:11 PM, Coconutwater said:

I also found my first gray hair as a teen and my mom laughed! I was horrified. I’m in my 30s and have lots of grays. So I dye it at home every 6-8 weeks. 

I found my first grey hair shortly before my 26th birthday. Two years later, and I am quickly having to come to terms with the fact that either people are going to start noticing my ever-growing number of grey hairs soon, or I will have to start dying my hair. Apart from highlights as a teenager, I've never dyed my hair, and I'm not exactly keen on starting now. But I feel way too young to rock the grey streaks. :sad-pacing:

Ugh.   It's a struggle.  I have grey patches at my temples and along my part.  Of course, the most noticeable parts of my hair.  I try and be thankful that although some of it is grey, at least I still have (lots!) of it.  Grey hair you can dye -- much harder to fill in bald spots!

I just wanted to say that I absolutely love that FJ has so many ladies in their 60's and even 70's commenting regularly <3  It's always refreshing to read thoughts and opinions from people who have much more life experience than your average social media commentator.

Mr Lurker and I will both turn 40 later this year and I have been waiting for my first grey hairs to appear. I've always been very low maintenance with almost no make up, working woman's nails, and pretty much the same hair style since I was a tween (long and natural). Since my hair is really long but thin, I'm probably not going to dye it but just let it turn grey the way it wants. Though, I have to admit I was bit startled to find out that Mr Lurker has gotten a couple of grey chest hairs during the last year :my_biggrin: Where did our youth go?!?

I found my first grey hair when I was pregnant with my second so I was 27 or 28.  I'm mostly silvery grey now.  My grandmother in law had beautiful silver white hair and my husband's mom looks like she might be headed that way.  My husband, on the other hand, uses Just for Men.  If you don't have a headboard on the bed -and we don't anymore- that shit stains the wall.  

The late Barbara Bush said that she went grey overnight after her daughter Robin died of leukemia.

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also found my first gray hair as a teen and my mom laughed! I was horrified. I’m in my 30s and have lots of grays. So I dye it at home every 6-8 weeks. 

I started going grey at 15, and now (3 decades later) dye my hair 6 weekly... which is going to have to go to monthly soon, dammit. My natural hair colour is dark so the grey really stands out, and I am not ready to be mistaken for a decade or more older yet! I am semi-seriously wondering whether I should go bright pink or something, maybe the regrowth would be less noticeable. Probably not though.

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I started going grey at 15, and now (3 decades later) dye my hair 6 weekly... which is going to have to go to monthly soon, dammit. My natural hair colour is dark so the grey really stands out, and I am not ready to be mistaken for a decade or more older yet! I am semi-seriously wondering whether I should go bright pink or something, maybe the regrowth would be less noticeable. Probably not though.

I’ve never had my hair professionally dyed. I just dye the grays out at home. I also have medium to dark brown hair and I am wondering if getting some highlights might make the grays less noticeable when they start to show up after 6 weeks! 

On 4/24/2018 at 7:32 PM, albanuadh_1 said:

For me, it isn't her hair colour; it's the cut, or lack of.

To each her own. My hair is shoulder-length, more or less. Three times a year I go to Great Clips and have them chop off three inches all around. That's it. I have better things to spend time and money on than hair maintenance.

There is a lot about Teri that I find perturbing, but any aspect of her appearance is not on that list.

I hope Chelsy keeps up her blog. I am genuinely interested in hearing her and John’s story and about the wedding. So much better than the Sarah’s ‘oh by the way, John married and here’s a bunch of photos of Maxwells at the cermony’ posts. 

On 4/27/2018 at 5:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never had my hair professionally dyed. I just dye the grays out at home. I also have medium to dark brown hair and I am wondering if getting some highlights might make the grays less noticeable when they start to show up after 6 weeks! 

Have you thought about using a lighter brown shade that covers the gray such that you look like you have highlights & lowlights?  Then when regrowth happens, it’ll be a little less noticeable,  and you’ll have a  little extra time to do the next color. 

3 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Have you thought about using a lighter brown shade that covers the gray such that you look like you have highlights & lowlights?  Then when regrowth happens, it’ll be a little less noticeable,  and you’ll have a  little extra time to do the next color. 

I have always been afraid to dye my own hair a lighter color. I am afraid of that brassy look.

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have always been afraid to dye my own hair a lighter color. I am afraid of that brassy look.

I'm the same way when it comes to my hair. I always went a little darker. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived