IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Rosie said:

I think Mary should do a board with lettering on it that reads, "Sweet Cheeks," for John & Chelsy to hang in their living room.

FC73FD15-14A4-406B-838E-6C2546B2BFB9.jpeg

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually had my first and  second kiss at church. 

It was super hot, probably amplified by the wrongness of it. During the sermon he signaled for me to meet him upstairs...I did...and it was awesome. Zero regrets. In fact I can’t think of a hotter scenario.

Edit: oh no I meant to post this in the Chelsey and John thread. Yikes. That’s what I get for going on a mental vacay to my stepmoms church attic. If an @admin could move this to the correct thread I’d be eternally grateful.

My first kiss was on a playground near my middle school when I was twelve. My best friend taught me how to french kiss. Aaaaand that's when I realized I liked kissing girls even though I also liked boys. I told my mom this when she picked me up a little while later, and she said "you're just saying that to get attention". 

When I came out to her as bisexual seven long and questioning years later, she said that she'd known since I was twelve. 

Yay! Next post about the vows is up! Very nice vows I must say. I hope they DO get to be "partners in crime" where it's appropriate. And I'm glad to see a "if God chooses to bless us with children" not assuming that it WILL happen.

I was waiting for a fundie to say this. I wonder how Chelsy feels about this comment. She hasn’t replied yet. 

5214C517-F544-4860-8C86-C28A47271E87.jpeg

I had a dream last night that Chelsy announced she was pregnant and due in January. FWIW I also dreamt several months ago that Elissa was pregnant but not announcing on the blog, so I'm pretty sure about this one. :P I really need to stop reading FJ before bed.

I have to wonder if any of the Maxwells - John included (and Chelsy, for that matter) - know that the "cheeks" referenced in that term of endearment usually refer to one's ass...

Well I’m a harlot as I can’t even remember my first kiss. Still no regrets ;)

i didn’t mind the nicknames, why can’t a wedding be personal and more for the bride and groom? 

8 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

I have to wonder if any of the Maxwells - John included (and Chelsy, for that matter) - know that the "cheeks" referenced in that term of endearment usually refer to one's ass...

I doubt it. He probably did not know women had those until the day after the wedding.

On 6/23/2018 at 3:22 AM, gameofunbeknowns said:

I actually had my first and  second kiss at church. 

It was super hot, probably amplified by the wrongness of it. During the sermon he signaled for me to meet him upstairs...I did...and it was awesome. Zero regrets. In fact I can’t think of a hotter scenario.

Edit: oh no I meant to post this in the Chelsey and John thread. Yikes. That’s what I get for going on a mental vacay to my stepmoms church attic. If an @admin could move this to the correct thread I’d be eternally grateful.

In my IFB school, everyone was all atwitter in 6th grade because two high schoolers kissed in the sanctuary.

Those pictures are super awkward. Most fundie wedding pics seem really awkward, to me, because it's so obvious the couples aren't that comfortable yet with that level of touch. 

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Those pictures are super awkward. Most fundie wedding pics seem really awkward, to me, because it's so obvious the couples aren't that comfortable yet with that level of touch. 

Chelsy and John were not uncomfortable with the touching. In their wedding video, they couldn’t keep their hands off one another. I think the kissing is what made them feel awkward, not the touching. I’m sure they were worrying the whole time, “I hope I’m doing this ok. Am I kissing too hard? Too soft? How does this look in the picture?” I remember my first kiss and I remember worrying about so many things. I can’t imagine worrying like that on my wedding day. Thankfully my husband and I had kissed a ton before marriage and knew just how to kiss the other. No thinking necessary. 

On 6/26/2018 at 6:41 AM, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

i didn’t mind the nicknames, why can’t a wedding be personal and more for the bride and groom? 

i can see both sides of it.  on the one hand, each couple can certainly do what makes them happy; it's their wedding, so they get to decide how it goes.

but on the other hand, there's the incongruity of being so casual about such a serious milestone.  it's surprising more than anything else; marriage is forever and sacred before God, so the jokeyness can feel out-of-place.  but yes, each couple still gets to decide on the tone of their own wedding.

On 6/24/2018 at 8:49 AM, meee said:

I am really surprised they haven't announced a pregnancy yet to be honest.

I'm very surprised as well.  As I HIGHLY doubt they are preventing, either she is hiding it or perhaps they are having a little difficulting conceiving.  

2 hours ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

I'm very surprised as well.  As I HIGHLY doubt they are preventing, either she is hiding it or perhaps they are having a little difficulting conceiving.  

I suppose Chelsy could be the type that doesn’t announce her pregnancy publicly until she’s pretty far along. Her sisters in law supposedly didn’t tell anyone (not even their parents) until they were three months along. Chelsy didn’t announce she was even in a relationship until 6 weeks after she got engaged. By then, she and John had been in an official relationship for almost a year. So I think it’s possible she does not want to announce until she’s further along. I can’t really blame her. I never wanted to announce on FB to my friends and family until I was three months along. Early announcements make me nervous.

Chelsy could also not be pregnant because she doesn’t want kids right away or she’s not really trying to have them. Does she even know when she can get pregnant? Is that something her family talks about?

I am a little late to the party....I had my first kiss at 13. I was an exchange student in France and was head over heels in love with my hosts son...what a magical time that was ;)   ...the next year I went back and lost my virginity in France , with the same guy :)  

Please don't talk about concieving difficulties. Please. One whole year trying before getting pregnant is normal. The average time is around 6 months. Any doctor does any test before 1 year trying, except in women older than 40 (because they have less time left to be mothers, not because a year is too much).

This comments may be painful not only for fundies, but for every couple not getting pregnant quickly. Even for some atheists, impregnating their wife quickly equals to be more manly. 

Also I know people who have been trying some some months and become frustrated, just because pregnancies are supposed to come as fast as you want. 

If Chelsy is not getting pregnant she is no doubt feeling awful. They are no way preventing and of course both of them are willing to have kids (probably eleventy, but even if they want a little family, this family must contain several children). 

@Melissa1977 yes, a thousand times yes. 

Playing guessing games around other people's fertility is not helpful. It could make them feel stressed about not having conceived on day one, and then feeling stressed that the stress is what's preventing it from happening.

There could also have been an early miscarriage. A surprisingly high percentage of pregnancies end that way. God / Mother Nature is the world's most effective and ruthless abortionist! And for fundies that has to be even worse - on top of all the other awful feelings a miscarriage entails they're probably asking themselves why God felt the need to do that to them when random heathen are spared. 

I don't wish johnsy eleventy kids because It's not fair to the kids to be just a number. But for now, I bet they want nothing more than a child and that the kid will be cherished. I hope their wait is short enough that it does not cause them grief and that all goes well with pregnancy and birth. And that it's a boy - the maxborg does not deserve another little girl to crush with their misogynistic beliefs. 

My first kiss (not a scripted one in musical theatre) happened when I was 19. I was a late bloomer, I know. I spent my high school years studying and working on my extracurricular resume. When I got to college, the first three guys I liked turned out to be gay. When I finally did make out with someone during my sophomore year, I thought it was super slimy and weird.  It took me a while to get the hang of things. 

4 minutes ago, TatertotAsserole said:

My first kiss (not a scripted one in musical theatre) happened when I was 19. I was a late bloomer, I know. I spent my high school years studying and working on my extracurricular resume. When I got to college, the first three guys I liked turned out to be gay. When I finally did make out with someone during my sophomore year, I thought it was super slimy and weird.  It took me a while to get the hang of things. 

I know so many people who didn't have their first kiss until they were in their early 20s or even later. I think it's WAY more common than people believe.

RE: Sweet cheeks. My grandmother naively called me "sweet cheeks" when I was a kid until my father sat her down and told her what it meant. :pb_confused:

Now she’s posted the Wedding Part 7-Barefoot in the Park.

We haven’t even hit the reception yet. Given how much thought and planning she put into everything I hope she had the wedding night that she wanted. Cause I kinda think this girl might have had some “ideas.”

If she blogs pregnancies like this it will be excruciating.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived