IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

DP has done a lot of crap (sexually harassed his nanny and traipsed around Europe with nude ladies half his age just to name a couple). So you might have to be more specific.

The traipsing around Europe part. With collar bone showing.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/1/2018 at 7:12 AM, gameofunbeknowns said:

Due to a really odd twist of faith I’ve recently been able to interact with Chelsey, and....I like her. I’m not even going to qualify it. I’m not sure about her husbands personality but given hers I’m doubling down on the SteveMaxwellIsASociopathButAllIsNotAsItSeemsInMaxhell path. She is one of the most forward thinking fundies I’ve ever met, 

You saw and spoke with her?

2 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

You saw and spoke with her?

Yes. 

6 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Yes. 

Which Maxwell are you?

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Which Maxwell are you?

I think if you look at my post history you’ll CLEARLY see I’m not a Maxwell. And I’m not trying to be coy by not giving details but I don’t know if she reads here (we talked about her blog but I didn’t bring up FreeJinger, obviously) and I don’t feel comfortable saying too much. Just that my atheism dame up and she was honestly interested in knowing why I I believe what I do.

On 6/2/2018 at 12:47 AM, gameofunbeknowns said:

Sure is.

But let’s just say I wouldn’t be surprised if her and her dude pull a Doug Philips in like 5 years.

You mean founding and nurturing a patriarchal cult, being outed as a sexual predator, never admit wrongdoing and fleeing to another continent, to another life that on the surface is the polar opposite than the one he conducted before, without ever apologise nor repent for all the hurt he caused for so many, included his now scrambling to put back together a life wife and kids?

I don't think it's the comparison you were looking for.

On 6/3/2018 at 3:03 PM, laPapessaGiovanna said:

You mean funding and nurturing a patriarchal cult, being outed as a sexual predator, never admit wrongdoing and fleeing to another continent, to another life that on the surface is the polar opposite than the one he conducted before, without ever apologise nor repent for all the hurt he caused for so many, included his now scrambling to put back together a life wife and kids?

I don't think it's the comparison you were looking for.

I meant exactly what I said. The part about examining her belief system and possibly changing it, though the difference between her and Doug Philips is that I don’t believe he was genuine in his beliefs and, though I clearly can’t be sure, I think she is.

Look, I’m not here to be a Maxwell apologist. I found her kind and open minded (for a fundie and though I’ve met plenty, none of her particular brand) and I enjoyed talking to her. God for fucking bid.

1 minute ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

I mean exactly what I said. The part about examining her belief system and possibly changing it, though the difference between her and Doug Philips is that I don’t believe he was genuine in her beliefs and, though I clearly can’t be sure, I think she is.

Look, I’m not here to be a Maxwell apologist. I found her kind and open minded and I enjoyed talking to her. God for fucking bid.

Except that Doug never changed his belief system. He was outed as a sexual predator and the cult he built came crumbling down. He never recanted his beliefs. He has always believed that the world is an amusement park specifically created for males in general and for himself in particular, he has always loved shows, dressing up and filming and still does.

If you're trying to say that Chelsy is open minded and forward thinking you better find another comparison to describe her, because Doug is neither.

12 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Except that Doug never changed his belief system. He was outed as a sexual predator and the cult he built came crumbling down. He never recanted his beliefs. He has always believed that the world is an amusement park specifically created for males in general and for himself in particular, he has always loved shows, dressing up and filming and still does.

If you're trying to say that Chelsy is open minded and forward thinking you better find another comparison to describe her, because Doug is neither.

Hence the “I don’t think he was genuine part.” To quote a Real Housewife of Atlanta, “I said what I said.” You don’t have to like it, and frankly, I really don’t care.

Maybe I should have said I went to an event of theirs, screamed to teenagers that they were in a cult, and humped a bus, because I sense that it isn’t really the Doug Philips comparison that’s bothering you. Since that didn’t happen though, all I can say is I physically met her once, we have corresponded a few times since, and I found her kind and forward thinking FOR A FUNDIE.

1 hour ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Hence the “I don’t think he was genuine part.

It doesn't matter if his convictions were genuinely held or not, his actions and the cult he conducted created genuine damage. And he never recanted nor apologised for anything, thus continuing to hurt people. Moreover he still abides by the most important tenet of patriarchy: the alpha male can do what the fuck he wants, trampling over people and using women and children as commodities.

To quote a Real Housewife of Atlanta, “I said what I said.” You don’t have to like it, and frankly, I really don’t care.

What you said had some facts wrong. You could just recognise it and explain better.

aybe I should have said I went to an event of theirs, screamed to teenagers that they were in a cult, and humped a bus, because I sense that it isn’t really the Doug Philips comparison that’s bothering you. Since that didn’t happen though, all I can say is I physically met her once, we have corresponded a few times since, and I found her kind and forward thinking FOR A FUNDIE

Sorry if we didn't cheerfully greet your "revelation", no need to start trolling though. Maybe if you could state what this "forward thinking" thatshe supposedly sports is we would understand better.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:47 PM, gameofunbeknowns said:

But let’s just say I wouldn’t be surprised if her and her dude pull a Doug Philips in like 5 years.

Pull a Doug Phillips? 

Think you need to do some reading.  Your attempted comparison is meaningless, even with your "explanations."

Try again.

4 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

It doesn't matter if his convictions were genuinely held or not, his actions and the cult he conducted created genuine damage. And he never recanted nor apologised for anything, thus continuing to hurt people. Moreover he still abides by the most important tenet of patriarchy: the alpha male can do what the fuck he wants, trampling over people and using women and children as commodities.

What you said had some facts wrong. You could just recognise it and explain better.

Sorry if we didn't cheerfully greet your "revelation", no need to start trolling though. Maybe if you could state what this "forward thinking" thatshe supposedly sports is we would understand better.

Start trolling? That’s rich. When you tell someone they “better find another comparison,” sorry but that language does not lend itself to a fluffy response. I am always willing to reconsider my beliefs, arguments, etc. And trust me I have done plenty of reading about Doug Philips. In this case I SIMPLY DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. I’m also not interested in highjacking this thread so this will be my last response on the matter.

As far as the forward thinking part, it has been our conversations about Atheism and her non-Maxwellian response to it. I guess you missed that part.

I am not all that surprised that Chelsy is open to listening to an atheist and why they became an atheist. It really doesn’t mean she will change any beliefs in the future. I listen to what fundies have to say about their religion all the time. I’m not going to turn fundie anytime soon. 

5 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I think it's a bit unfair to call this trolling when you give a snarky response to a post, I would kind of expect one in return.   Not everyone disagreeing with us is a troll. 

(personal, not official opinion)

@gameofunbeknowns, thank you for sharing your interaction with Chelsy.  It sounds as though she connects with people in a sincere and direct way, and that is your way of meeting people as well. 

Stevehovah is incapable of dealing with people in a sincere way -- he's sees others as simply a conversion target and he's sadly incapable of meeting, interacting and caring for his fellow humans in a normal way, because, you know, schedule, idol. 

My impression of Chelsy is that she's a very hard working, smart, naturally sociable, outgoing people person from a large gregarious family, who embraces life, and in that regard is the absolute opposite of the Maxhellian ideal.  May she be a huge, positive disrupter and breath of fresh air in that emotionally crippled family.  I truly hope she and John will forge their own way in life, become regular, egalitarian Christians in a regular church and have, you know, fun on the way.  And birth control.  It could happen.  *my idea of a miracle!*

ETA: I keep thinking about the Maranatha Owen/Matthew Chapman story (guy in his mid 20s marries 16-year-old girl), and a ton of Patriarchal weirdness on the way.  Anyway, Maranatha and Matthew now own Premier Crossfit in Tyler (Deep East) Texas. I didn't see that coming! I don't know what their religious beliefs continue to be, but they do wear workout clothes, so YOGA PANTS!  You just never know. 

3 minutes ago, Curious said:

I think it's a bit unfair to call this trolling when you give a snarky response to a post, I would kind of expect one in return.   Not everyone disagreeing with us is a troll. 

(personal, not official opinion)

It's just that poor Urijah would like to rest in peace after so many years of being dragged into a discussion every time someone thinks fjers are being mean to them.

Just now, laPapessaGiovanna said:

It's just that poor Urijah would like to rest in peace after so many years of being dragged into a discussion every time someone thinks fjers are being mean to them.

I get it, but this is a Maxhell thread so if one is going to use it, here is the place to do it.  I just think we (all of us) tend to throw troll around too often.  We wouldn't be a family if we didn't have occasional differences of opinion and we'd be pretty fucking boring on top of that ;)

Speaking of Uriah....what did they do with him after they quit touring around?  Did he just go to that big scrap heap in the sky or was he freed to go on his own path or what?

8 minutes ago, Curious said:

I get it, but this is a Maxhell thread so if one is going to use it, here is the place to do it.  I just think we (all of us) tend to throw troll around too often.  We wouldn't be a family if we didn't have occasional differences of opinion and we'd be pretty fucking boring on top of that ;)

Speaking of Uriah....what did they do with him after they quit touring around?  Did he just go to that big scrap heap in the sky or was he freed to go on his own path or what?

Didn’t John drive her (by himself) on her farewell voyage to...somewhere? I don’t remember the specifics. I do remember thinking it was odd that they let him drive alone at the time.

26 minutes ago, Howl said:

@gameofunbeknowns, thank you for sharing your interaction with Chelsy.  It sounds as though she connects with people in a sincere and direct way, and that is your way of meeting people as well. 

Stevehovah is incapable of dealing with people in a sincere way -- he's sees others as simply a conversion target and he's sadly incapable of meeting, interacting and caring for his fellow humans in a normal way, because, you know, schedule, idol. 

My impression of Chelsy is that she's a very hard working, smart, naturally sociable, outgoing people person from a large gregarious family, who embraces life, and in that regard is the absolute opposite of the Maxhellian ideal.  May she be a huge, positive disrupter and breath of fresh air in that emotionally crippled family.  I truly hope she and John will forge their own way in life, become regular, egalitarian Christians in a regular church and have, you know, fun on the way.  And birth control.  It could happen.  *my idea of a miracle!*

In regards to the birth control thing, that would be a miracle. I only say that because I remember reading a blog post she wrote detailing that the only point of contention she had with the Pearls was that they were in favor of natural family planning. 

24 minutes ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Didn’t John drive her (by himself) on her farewell voyage to...somewhere? I don’t remember the specifics. I do remember thinking it was odd that they let him drive alone at the time.

Here are the last posts concerning dear old Uriah:

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/11/13/almost-wichita-bound/

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/11/16/please-pray-for-john/

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/11/17/thank-you-for-praying-7/

Sounds like they sold it to someone in Arizona. Let's hope Uriah started a whole new life as an ungodly hippie bus frequenting Burning Man :character-beavisbutthead:

2 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Start trolling? That’s rich. When you tell someone they “better find another comparison,” sorry but that language does not lend itself to a fluffy response. I am always willing to reconsider my beliefs, arguments, etc. And trust me I have done plenty of reading about Doug Philips. In this case I SIMPLY DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. I’m also not interested in highjacking this thread so this will be my last response on the matter.

As far as the forward thinking part, it has been our conversations about Atheism and her non-Maxwellian response to it. I guess you missed that part.

As long as accounts are truthful, I love reading about real life encounters with the fundies discussed on this forum. It’s interesting to see if what we speculate on based on reading their blogs, instagram and Facebook pages is really what they are like. And speculate is all we do, but I think some people on here don’t really want to know if fundies are different in real life or not than they appear. So they get defensive when someone mentions actually talking to one. Like it will ruin the image they’ve come up with about these people. Like meeting the character versus the actor that plays the character, if that makes sense. So as soon as someone has an actual encounter with one of the fundies, others try to change the subject or something. 

Im not dogging any specific poster or anything. Just if someone says they’ve talked to and interacted with someone we discuss, I’d like to hear whatever they are willing to say about it. 

I suspect Chelsy wants a larger than average family. Chelsy and Allison seem to idealize their large family. Sometimes it becomes over the top in my opinion (especially Allison). I would think the families that disliked having a large family growing up would be more likely to try NFP. 

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I suspect Chelsy wants a larger than average family. Chelsy and Allison seem to idealize their large family. Sometimes it becomes over the top in my opinion (especially Allison). I would think the families that disliked having a large family growing up would be more likely to try NFP. 

Could it be because they have to? Chelsy said that her family has theroughly gone through the Bible searching the scripture about how many children god wants one to have. As a family they came to the conclusion that it is to be left up to god. She also talked about not wearing pants unless it’s under something because of her parents. She and John could decide on their own that it’s okay to decide how many children you want to have. 

I'm definitely not surprised that Chelsy would seem interested in someone's differing beliefs. A lot of conservative Christians will (seem to be) very interested and earnest in wanting to know about what you believe, and why, and what your history is, and your thoughts and feelings on everything. They'll be super nice, friendly and understanding. Their ultimate goal is to convert you. I'm not saying that like it's some kind of nefarious conspiracy, it's just what they do. They're on a mission.

11 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Could it be because they have to? Chelsy said that her family has theroughly gone through the Bible searching the scripture about how many children god wants one to have. As a family they came to the conclusion that it is to be left up to god. She also talked about not wearing pants unless it’s under something because of her parents. She and John could decide on their own that it’s okay to decide how many children you want to have. 

On this particular issue I have nothing to base my opinion on other than what Chelsy has written, but I just get the sense that she would genuinely love a large family. It’s the same sense I get from Michaela Bates (although she’s obviously confirmed her desire for children.

I will say she told me she absolutely loved her upbringing and her parents and it seemed really genuine (as someone who lied my entire life about loving one of my parents, I usually get a sense when people are bullshitting on that). 

1 hour ago, Odd1Out said:

And speculate is all we do, but I think some people on here don’t really want to know if fundies are different in real life or not than they appear. So they get defensive when someone mentions actually talking to one. Like it will ruin the image they’ve come up with about these people. Like meeting the character versus the actor that plays the character, if that makes sense. So as soon as someone has an actual encounter with one of the fundies, others try to change the subject or something. 

I disagree.  I think many people are almost too eager to hear about encounters with Fundies.  We've had some fake claims here so people tend to talk around posts claiming encounters a bit carefully, that is all.  And I'm not saying that @gameofunbeknowns, is a fake at all.

However, not to beat a dead parrot:

On 6/1/2018 at 8:12 AM, gameofunbeknowns said:

Due to a really odd twist of faith I’ve recently been able to interact with Chelsey, and....I like her. I’m not even going to qualify it. I’m not sure about her husbands personality but given hers I’m doubling down on the SteveMaxwellIsASociopathButAllIsNotAsItSeemsInMaxhell path. She is one of the most forward thinking fundies I’ve ever met, 

"Fate" or "faith" - this inquiring mind does want to know whether that was a typo, autocorrect, or intentional.  You don't have to say where you met her, but was it a planned encounter?

What is your definition of Fundie?  How may fundies have you met in person as you think Chelsy is so "forward thinking?" 

On 6/1/2018 at 6:47 PM, gameofunbeknowns said:

Sure is.

As already discussed the Doug Phillips example is really strange.

10 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

I think if you look at my post history you’ll CLEARLY see I’m not a Maxwell. And I’m not trying to be coy by not giving details but I don’t know if she reads here (we talked about her blog but I didn’t bring up FreeJinger, obviously) and I don’t feel comfortable saying too much. Just that my atheism dame up and she was honestly interested in knowing why I I believe what I do.

So she is quite socially skilled (unlike the Maxwell childults, IME) and asked you about your lack of faith?

10 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

I meant exactly what I said. The part about examining her belief system and possibly changing it, though the difference between her and Doug Philips is that I don’t believe he was genuine in his beliefs and, though I clearly can’t be sure, I think she is.

Look, I’m not here to be a Maxwell apologist. I found her kind and open minded (for a fundie and though I’ve met plenty, none of her particular brand) and I enjoyed talking to her. God for fucking bid.

What gives you the impression that she is examining her belief system let alone possibly changing it?  Why exactly do you think she is open-minded?  She didn't tell you you were going to burn in Hell Fire for Eternity?

As for enjoying talking to her - I think she is probably a very nice person with a lot of social skills.  She just has some poisonous beliefs. 

We've had people come here to tell us that JillR is quite charming in person, as are the Duggars.  Apparently Nathan is the most friendly of the Bates family.  Not all Fundies behave badly.

9 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Hence the “I don’t think he was genuine part.” To quote a Real Housewife of Atlanta, “I said what I said.” You don’t have to like it, and frankly, I really don’t care.

Maybe I should have said I went to an event of theirs, screamed to teenagers that they were in a cult, and humped a bus, because I sense that it isn’t really the Doug Philips comparison that’s bothering you. Since that didn’t happen though, all I can say is I physically met her once, we have corresponded a few times since, and I found her kind and forward thinking FOR A FUNDIE.

Cool your jets.  That was one single episode long ago and not of those people are still around.  I saw Uriah once, and not only did I fail to hump him I failed to take his photo.  And he was very good looking.  I was also very polite to the Maxhellions - until I left their conference early.

As you are corresponding with Chelsy (why would you want to do that?) has it occurred to you that she is trying to convert you not the other way around?

4 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Define non-Maxwellian.  How many Maxwells have you met?   Most Maxwells have been well trained in talking to non-believers but I am assuming Chelsy didn't ask you if you know where you are going to go when you die.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived