IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, iheartjnames said:

Wait, was that seriously all the food they had? veggies with dip, chips and hotdogs. That is the kid food in my world. Did they really have thirty people over and that was all they fed them? 

And I bet everyone got one wiener only.  Hopefully there was dessert, salad, and deviled oh excuse me, picnic eggs.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Rufus, what is wrong with you people?  Have some respect, Free Jinger! 

John and Chelsy entertained almost 30 people.  Yeah, that would be the "extended" Maxwell family - plus 2.  I wonder who the 2 were.

Chelsy is an amazing hostess and so organised because she remembered that some like lettuce wraps.  And she counted invitees and provided enough hot dogs for all.  And produced some salady looking stuff.  Praise Rufus, not Teri's favorite layered salad.  At least that atrocity was not visible in the photos.

And John is just brilliant because he stuck hot dogs on the grill.  No "spurting" brats for John.

I do think Chelsy is rather amazing.  Sadly, she seems to be adapting to Maxwell norms.  I just wish they were showing more signs of adapting to her norms instead.

5 hours ago, iheartjnames said:

Wait, was that seriously all the food they had? veggies with dip, chips and hotdogs. That is the kid food in my world. Did they really have thirty people over and that was all they fed them? 

I thought it was just me! My family loves to eat so I have a hard time figuring out what is normal for 30 people. In my family, that would feed about 6 people :pb_lol: 

17 hours ago, dripcurl said:

I thought John bought a split level, but this house looks one story.

It can be have a different appearance front/back if it is set on high ground. I thought they were all bi-levels.

The only pic of Chelsy makes her appear exasperated that her sisters -in -law can’t seem to figure out her efficient dinner layout. They seem confused. 

On 5/16/2018 at 7:34 AM, OhNoNike said:

Caption: “This was a little-kid-try-to-play-Spike-ball thing.”

..... huh?

I saw a Spikeball game today at Target in the section where they had the summer things.  I wanted to see what the game entailed, but I couldn't get it off the shelf.  I thought it sounded like it might have something to do with volleyball and I was right:

Roundnet aka Spikeball

The thing that gets me every time I hear it is cornhole.  I know what it means nowadays, but when I was a kid (50 years ago) cornhole was not a game but a name for anal.  Maybe that was just local parlance.

@PennySycamore, I had only ever heard the raunchy meaning of “cornhole” (thanks to the late Ex-Mr.Hane-#1), so was, um, perplexed to learn that it was also the entirely unironic name of that innocent beanbag game.

I will never understand the multiple shirts/tanks/tees layering thing. High neck t-shirts and tank tops are not hard to find!!! In fact, high necks are very "in" right now. Just buy a damn shirt that goes up high! I always wonder does it have to do with being "worldly" that they don't wear current trends, is it the competition to show just how modest they are that they're wearing two shirts, or is it because they are getting so many thrifted clothes they don't bother to be selective with the ones they choose? 

I think the two shirts may also be to help hold down their breasts so they appear more child-like and not adult women capable of causing lust in men who are not their husbands. 

I wondered if multiple layers are preferred because there is less possibility of visible nipple protrusion.

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

I will never understand the multiple shirts/tanks/tees layering thing. High neck t-shirts and tank tops are not hard to find!!! In fact, high necks are very "in" right now. Just buy a damn shirt that goes up high! I always wonder does it have to do with being "worldly" that they don't wear current trends, is it the competition to show just how modest they are that they're wearing two shirts, or is it because they are getting so many thrifted clothes they don't bother to be selective with the ones they choose? 

My theories:

1. In general the Maxwell women (and a lot of other fundies, Bates and Duggars excluded) seem like they're about 10-12 years behind fashion-wise. Obviously they won't go for the early 2000s trends like denim miniskirts so short they're practically belts, or Juicy Couture tracksuits, but I recall that 10-12 years ago, layering multiple shirts was quite de rigeur (and I did it all the damn time), and those big lacy headbands and chunky necklaces they like were also quite popular. A lot of times, aside from the super long skirts (though actually, maxi skirts were pretty popular around this time period as well), they dress similar to how I dressed in high school (in between my emo kid phase and starting to experiment more with fashion). 

2. Layering covers up the shape a lot more - no hint of boob or defined waist = modesty!

3. The Maxwell girls really do like fashion and bright colors, and layering verboten tops over Stevehovah-approved tops is the only way they can wear those tops. 

Also, in the latest "babysitting" post (girls, you're practically your brothers' live-in nannies; it's not babysitting if you're already essentially raising those kids): Sarah, did you really fucking give your dog Cheez-Its on purpose? Also, if your dog is indicating that it's too hot for them to continue, THEY NEED WATER. NOT A SALTY HUMAN SNACK, YOU ABSOLUTE DONUT. 

Can you tell that I cried harder at Sansa's direwolf being killed than at any human death in Game of Thrones? 

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

The tank tops I buy at walmart for 2 bucks come up over the boobage and don't show cleavage (no mean feat when you're trying to cover Ds). There's no way on God's green earth you'd see me layering the tops on...I'm too damn hot most of the time. Now, under certain dresses I have that are sort of low-cut, I've been known to wear one backwards to cover up, like for a job interview or something like that. 

I do tend to cover up almost fundie style but that's because I'm more than a little chubby and don't want to gross anyone out by showing off the chichis or the non-existent nalgas

I guess they don’t realize that heathens play cornhole while they drink? It’s a huge tailgating game in the Midwest. 

17 hours ago, molecule said:

I wondered if multiple layers are preferred because there is less possibility of visible nipple protrusion.

Oh for the love of God, why don't they just buy a t-shirt bra!!

17 hours ago, molecule said:

You know what’s funny? I’ve always assumed fundie girls have modesty lessons about the right kind of bras. Thin bras can show erect nipples so I imagine they always go for the thicker bras. Not padded. That would be defrauding. But a thick material that wouldn’t allow for any erect Nicole to ever be seen. Can you imagine what would happen if Steve accidentally saw a THO in public? He would go right past weeping and full on faint.

I would guess that fundies buy the cheapest bras and, since so many share everything like the Duggars, the bras are stretched out and ill-fitting from too many people of different sizes wearing them. I would imagine most of them haven’t even been properly fitted for a bra. 

What is a t-shirt bra? I googled it, but I'm still confused. They just look like regular bras to me.

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

What is a t-shirt bra? I googled it, but I'm still confused. They just look like regular bras to me.

They are meant to be worn with a T-shirt so nothing shows. Some bras are thine and if worn with a T-shirt your nipples may show

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

I would guess that fundies buy the cheapest bras and, since so many share everything like the Duggars, the bras are stretched out and ill-fitting from too many people of different sizes wearing them. I would imagine most of them haven’t even been properly fitted for a bra. 

Maybe that’s why scarves have been all the rage amongst fundies for the past few years. It hides your erect nipples due to your paper thin, worn out bras.

On 17.5.2018 at 11:44 PM, acheronbeach said:

I'm surprised we don't see more of Calia on the blog, because Elissa, Joseph, and Calia are a really normal-looking and cute family.  I can see them having a lot of appeal to young families perusing the Titus2 website.  Same for Melanie and Nathan's family - their kids usually look pretty happy and cute.  

I totally agree with you - Calia and Nathan's and Melanie's kids are cute and normal looking and could be really appealing to younger fundie families. But somehow I don't think that Steve really cares about this. He wants to sell HIS brand and HIS version of a wholesome, holy, Christian family. He is way too high up in his own ass to just go with the flow and alter his blog and products to a new generation of fundies, because he already figured it out and has found the best and only way to show everybody just how much god loves him (and his family). His unwillingness to adapt will bring their ministry to a rather quick end in the future.

On 18.5.2018 at 3:51 AM, Palimpsest said:

I do think Chelsy is rather amazing.  Sadly, she seems to be adapting to Maxwell norms.  I just wish they were showing more signs of adapting to her norms instead.

at least when it comes to food this would be a huge improvement. Although I sometimes find I quite fair that the Maxwells live on limited and bland looking food since their beliefs are just so atrocious.

Dagnabit Chelsy, where is the next blog posting?  At this rate we'll never get to read your "unconventional" love story

38 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Dagnabit Chelsy, where is the next blog posting?  At this rate we'll never get to read your "unconventional" love story

Will this be like chopping lettuce with a pizza cutter? Will she leave us hanging for years? Has she become a true Maxwell?

I bet Chels got up at 6 am Saturday to watch the royal wedding, but didn't dare invite any of her SILs to watch.

What if the unconventional love story involves chopping lettuce with a pizza cutter?

13 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

What if the unconventional love story involves chopping lettuce with a pizza cutter?

Or WITHOUT one?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived