IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

What morning sickness?  I totally missed where Chelsy announced her pregnancy.

Or is this just idle speculation?  If so, please don't state it as fact.

So far it’s just speculative.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dripcurl said:

What a shit show. And why is Anna now "Annie"? And it irks me that they put "cheerful" in her bio.

It's almost like they're trying to hide who she is.   Nathan gets a last name, but "Annie" does not.

Also, I'm sorry, but those "testimonials" are meaningless without names to go with them.   Those quotes could come from other Maxwells for all we know.  And probably do!

I find it pretty amusing that it appears the Maxwells have developed a whole business based on the realisation that there’s a lot of damning information about them on FJ and by extension, Google.

I assume he feels entitled to stop working at 65 because there is some sort of rule in his mind that he can. Just look at the business verbage he uses. He is a couple decades behind in his viewpoints. It does not surprise me that also extends to views on retirement. 

He is white and middle class, so he gets to retire, simple as that.

When do people usually retire? I don't live in America anymore so I don't know what goes on now, but decades ago in elementary school I remember a teacher telling us at age 45 that she was going to retire soon. And when my grandfather retired at 75 (in good health and independently wealthy), everyone acted like it was this huge deal that he kept working so long. I think I grew up thinking retiring around 50-60 was normal.

I think most people retire 60-70 in Australia. You can access super annuation and pension at 65. 

My dad retired at 55. Mums still working at 60. By choice. 

Edited to add: we are a super middle clsss family, Dad had a job similar to Steve’s. 

Is anyone else confused why Chelsy began making those individual blog posts about her wedding (including an unnecessary one about the "unique" way they picked the bridal party) and then just stopped? I imagined she'd be doing posts about the ceremony, reception, farewell, etc - at least 3 more parts. 

I know she's got TONS of things to do around the house but come on, blogging doesn't take that long!

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

Is anyone else confused why Chelsy began making those individual blog posts about her wedding (including an unnecessary one about the "unique" way they picked the bridal party) and then just stopped? I imagined she'd be doing posts about the ceremony, reception, farewell, etc - at least 3 more parts. 

I know she's got TONS of things to do around the house but come on, blogging doesn't take that long!

I'm guessing there's only ONE VOICE for the Maxwell family. STEVE'S or whatever he approves. Sad.

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I'm guessing there's only ONE VOICE for the Maxwell family. STEVE'S or whatever he approves. Sad.

I don’t think that’s it. Chelsy seems to set in her ways to submit to her FIL. I think she’s just busy. Last January, I think, she posted a blog saying how she was going to blog more and it didn’t happen. 

@nomoxian , I’m retiring at age 66, which is coming up in November, for two reasons: a slight bump in Social Security payments, and the fact that the company I work for will be undergoing major changes in January 2019 (and I don’t feel like re-inventing my career in my late ‘60s, as it isn’t exactly my passion). 

I’m single and debt-free, and don’t rely on my adult child to support me.

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

In that sense, it would make more sense for them to have posts about the ceremony and not "vain" things like the bridesmaids dresses.

On 5/13/2018 at 2:37 PM, Palimpsest said:

John apparently has one current real estate listing but no sales in the last 9 months.  He won't get rich that way:   https://www.zillow.com/profile/KansasHomeForYou/

I took a look at that house and it is fucking weird!  There are all these strange, large holes in the living room wall.  Two are beside the door to the hall and one is on the adjacent wall.  It could be a door to another room, but the opening doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the wall.  It is clear from the pictures that they aren't mirrors.  One of the basement bedrooms apparently has a closet with a curtain for a door.  Their real estate broker should have pointed out that they need to put a door there prior to listing the house.  I think it's a bedroom anyway, but whatever, there should still be a proper door there.

I see there's an offer pending.  I hope it's a low-ball offer, because the buyers have a ton of work to make that house work.

3 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I took a look at that house and it is fucking weird!  There are all these strange, large holes in the living room wall.  Two are beside the door to the hall and one is on the adjacent wall.  It could be a door to another room, but the opening doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the wall.  It is clear from the pictures that they aren't mirrors.  One of the basement bedrooms apparently has a closet with a curtain for a door.  Their real estate broker should have pointed out that they need to put a door there prior to listing the house.  I think it's a bedroom anyway, but whatever, there should still be a proper door there.

I see there's an offer pending.  I hope it's a low-ball offer, because the buyers have a ton of work to make that house work.

I like to just look around at online listings. There are so many shocking pictures!  I wish I could tell these people that their listing would get way more traffic if they fixed the dark online pictures and did a few cheap fixes to the home for it to show better. 

I am more shocked by the fact that the mortgage on that house is one third what I pay for a one bedroom apartment. I am always surprised by how cheap housing is in other states. This is why I love watching House Hunters and see people with $200k budgets buy nice homes and that’s just a down payment on a house here. It’s crazy expensive here in California but I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else so I will just have to suffer in an apartment. 

House prices - around here, a nice house with acreage can run you maybe $200,000 on up.  In my home town, people are struggling to sell their homes for about what they paid for them, as real estate has not been in good shape for some time now.

Retirement - it's a dream for a lot of people - when you don't make all that much money, it's awful hard to save for the future as everything you make is needed just to break even (and not even then!)   My husband may literally be working until he dies.  Seeing the political environment, even if one becomes unable to work due to health - oh well.  No disability for you.  I fully expect to lose it for myself one day.  Hard times are coming for a lot of us.

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Hmmm...Jesse is still single, and those Maxwell men do love fixer-uppers...

On 13/05/2018 at 1:40 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Some people can’t handle seeing a low phone battery. It’s like how some people can’t even get to a quarter tank of gas before going to fill it up again. It’s just a thing that bothers some people. It’s never bothered me obviously. I also let my gas go all the way to E before I fill up. 

I live on the edge :pb_lol:

I let my tank run pretty empty, but I don't like batteries getting much under 50% partly cos you never know when there will be a power outage.

Also, partly kidding cos there's a comic about it:

screenshot.png

I can only find one partial photo of chelsy at their bbq. Disturbingly it looked like she had a frumper.  on! So I searched all the other photos and nothing! Why just a very partial photo Steve? ? What are you trying to hide?

46 minutes ago, clese said:

I can only find one partial photo of chelsy at their bbq. Disturbingly it looked like she had a frumper.  on! So I searched all the other photos and nothing! Why just a very partial photo Steve? ? What are you trying to hide?

And in the one picture of her a little girl's head is conveniently positioned so we can't see Chelsy from the neck down.  Maybe they're trying to hide a pregnancy? 

She doesn't strike me as the type who will keep it secret for very long like Elissa did.

And can I add...Joseph looks like he's been seriously working out?  His chest and arms are causing me to stumble just a little.

1 hour ago, clese said:

I think she’s just wearing a shirt under a tank top. 

There’s a young family in the pictures at the bbq as well. The Maxwells rarely name their friends so I don’t know who they are.

It looks like they don’t have steps from their patio doors to the patio. They should probably get on that since it’s a bit of a safety issue. 

27 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

There are several non-Maxwells in that picture - interesting...

Yes, friends were visiting John & Chelsy. games were played! fun was had!  those guys hanging around the grill with red Solo cups look so normal.

You can see Chelsy sitting next to John in the bible time pic, and her skirt is a different color than her top, so she isn't wearing a frumper. And I think her tshirt  neck is a bit lower than the Maxwell maidens would be allowed.

In the one clear picture of Chelsy, I think her tummy looks pretty flat (flatter than mine, anyway!)

As the pictures. Joshua is sitting on Steve’s lap. Doesn’t surprise me he’s probably Steve’s favorite grandchild. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived