IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:
15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What morning sickness?  I totally missed where Chelsy announced her pregnancy.

Or is this just idle speculation?  If so, please don't state it as fact.

I thought I did by saying maybe. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't the Maxwells used to be part of/leaders of a homeschool co-op (I could be imagining this, but I'm sure they started out less isolated?)  I would think that by the time John and Chelsy have school-age children, there will be enough children and resources among the relatives to run their own co-op style group. 

27 minutes ago, RosiePosie said:

Didn't the Maxwells used to be part of/leaders of a homeschool co-op (I could be imagining this, but I'm sure they started out less isolated?)  I would think that by the time John and Chelsy have school-age children, there will be enough children and resources among the relatives to run their own co-op style group. 

That’s a scary thought. They need to socialize with kids outside of the family. 

4 minutes ago, RosiePosie said:

I would think that by the time John and Chelsy have school-age children, there will be enough children and resources among the relatives to run their own co-op style group. 

If they got together, they could share curricula. 

Anyway, back to Swift Otter and Joseph Maxwell.  The Swift Otter Team page lists Joseph Maxwell,  Steve (no last name), Christoper (no last name), Jesse Maxwell and a super cute adorbs young guy named Issac Phillips.  Do they think it's a creepy turnoff to let it slip  that this is a family business, so omit some last names?  A father and three sons -- this is what keeps the Maxwell ship afloat financially, right?  

At least they were able to transition from 1 Ton On Ramp. 

John forged his very own path with his irrigation design bidness.  Everyone else needs to stay in lock step in all aspects of their lives, including where they are going when they die, because paycheck and Steve. 

And they let this fundy-ism slip through:  Frankly, quality SEO has become quite complex and we purpose to have SEO a key aspect of everything we do. Otherwise, zero references to their personal beliefs. 

Seo= Search Engine Optimization?  Assuming they all know about Free Jinger, they are probably best leaving their personal beliefs out of it or seventy million links to this site would come up whenever their prospective customers look them up online! :D 

This stuff about Teri's homeschooling makes me sad. I was homeschooled, and my parents fucked some shit up, but at least my mom enjoyed teaching! Intelligence was prized in our home (at least until you started questioning church doctrine).  I enjoyed learning, and when I eventually went to college I was actually ahead of the game in a lot of areas. The poor Maxwell children must have been so bored and unhappy :sad-bored:

Even without the link to titus2 it all sounds weird and insular.  Who cares whether the team is "likeminded", the important thing is not to get on with each other but to be able to get on with a diverse clientele. And "autodidactic" just means they didn't go to college, no?

And the titles they give to each other sound like in-jokes, not professional roles. "Fulfiller of merchant needs" (Joseph) "Chief Officer of Synergy". (Steve)  Twits.  And Isaac is a "Bee Keeper"????? Is he also a 12 year old on work experience?

The Team

We work well together because we are likeminded. Time is our most precious resource and we seek to best use every minute. We are autodidactic and passionate about learning. Outside of work, our families are our priority.

JOSEPH MAXWELL

Director. Fulfiller of merchant needs. Conference speaker. Magento Certification Advisory board member. 7x Magento certified.

1 hour ago, RosiePosie said:

Seo= Search Engine Optimization?  Assuming they all know about Free Jinger, they are probably best leaving their personal beliefs out of it or seventy million links to this site would come up whenever their prospective customers look them up online! :D 

They used to have more IT websites including 1TonRamp and Communication Concepts, Inc. (CCI)  They wiped as much Jesus speak as they could a few years ago, but I don't think it had much to do with us.

Oh, look.  They've cleaned up CCI.  They used to have all the boys listed with Steve as president.  John's irrigation "business" stood out like a sore thumb.  Now CCI is just Nathan and "Annie." https://www.cciteam.com/about/

1 hour ago, Howl said:

adorbs young guy named Issac Phillips.

Isaac's new.  Apparently the kid from New Hampshire moved on.  Not sure what bees have to do with IT but one must diversify.

And Chris has revamped his site too.  Still some Godspeak on there: https://christophermaxwell.com/wedding-photography/

While I would love to photograph 50+ weddings a year, at this stage of my life that would have a negative impact on my family and is not something I choose to do. Perhaps when my children are older I'll be able to accept more weddings.

Faced with the dilemma of needing to limit the number of weddings I accept, I have found it helpful to set criteria for the types of weddings I accept. While this has helped solve the practical issue of needing to limit the weddings I accept, a side benefit is that I LOVE and am energized by the weddings I photograph!

Oh, come on, honey.  If you get more than two requests a year for your wedding pics of DOOM I'll eat my hat.

Current Criteria for Weddings (click to view details for each):

The most important: synergy!

No Alcohol

No Dancing

Modest Dresses

And what a guy: 

I don't mind when guests taking photos at the wedding

Might want to fix that sentence, Chris.  And it's because he would find it hard to ban smartphones: 

When I began wedding photography it was much more common for certain wedding photographers to want to ban everyone else from taking pictures on wedding day. Fortunately, as time has gone on that practice is becoming much less common these days - I suspect this partly due to the increase in popularity of smartphones. First, EVERYONE has one and banning them would be tough. Second, the smartphones work well in low light and don't require the bright flashes that film-based cameras typically required.

Oh, the verbosity!

What's with the "synergy" talk?  It sounds like something from a 20th Century business studies textbook! :D 

Hahahahahaha! This is gold! Presumably, they think they are beng funny, but I have no idea what they offer from this description, it just looks strange/rude. They dont say a thing about the "forward-thinking solutions" they actually offer. https://www.cciteam.com/services

HelpDesk

Forward-Thinking Solutions

We could put a lot of consultant speak here about strategic resource alignment and what not, but that's not how we communicate. Frankly, your computers need to support where your business is going. For most organizations, IT functionality directly affects your bottom line. If it doesn't affect yours, we're sorry, we hear black-smithing is a dying industry and you have our sympathy. For the remaining 99.9%, we get how important technology is to you and will assist in whatever your needs are.

The "Residential managed service" is equally funny.  Who does that?  How many ordinary people keep an IT consultant on a retainer just in order to keep their laptop updated? Windows updates itself, most mobile phone software does the same. Do people in Kansas not have the ability to turn their devices on and off again and wait for updates to happen? 

Edit: I dont know why but I though Chelsy was marrying into a family where everyone worked for the family business, managed by Steve.  It looks like John has his own business, Nathan does too (and employs Annie ?Anna?), and then all the others work for Joseph. Plus Christopher ha a small photography thing? So steve is maybe not as powerful as I thought.

Errr...My friend’s husband is a farrier. He uses computers to do his billing and order supplies and I’m sure a bunch of other stuff I don’t know about. So nice, pointless shot at a very difficult profession that’s an honest day’s work, idiots. 

I wonder if they got comments about the fact that their only.  employees (besides the one kid) are their family. Maybe that's why some don't use their last names. They might be trying to hide the fact that it's a family business, for some reason. 

I clicked on Joseph's twitter link from the swift otter website and one of the first things I saw was this. Looks like Joseph and Jessie on a guys' night out.  I wonder if Chelsy will organise girls' nights out like she used to organise in Iowa. That would make the titus blog more lively!

This could be the Magento MeetUp that happens on alternate months.  They meet and talk about.....Magento. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Now CCI is just Nathan and "Annie." https://www.cciteam.com/about/

There's a glaring typo on this page.  At the top, it says Cyper Security instead of Cyber Security.  Holy toboggan rides,  that's a bad look on one's Web site.  And it shows up AGAIN on this page: cciteam.com   Scroll down to the middle of the three pics: the legend says CYPER Security.  Hope they are reading here and fix that STAT! 

41 minutes ago, RosiePosie said:

I dont know why but I though Chelsy was marrying into a family where everyone worked for the family business, managed by Steve.  It looks like John has his own business, Nathan does too (and employs Annie ?Anna?), and then all the others work for Joseph. Plus Christopher ha a small photography thing? So steve is maybe not as powerful as I thought.

Steve used to be all powerful.  It looks to me that he has retired in many ways and may not be well.  He seems to have aged 10 years in 5, looking at the photos.  He is 66, after all.

Christopher's wedding photography is an ongoing joke here.  His photos are terrible.

There also used to be Maxwell Construction (John and Joseph) now down the tubes.  They folded 1TonRamp, and that only taught basic computer skills to fellow fundies who didn't want to deal with members of the opposite sex.

Nathan seems to have taken over CCI, which isn't much as you saw.  They market to fellow fundies who can't figure out their computers, just as they did with the dear departed 1TonRamp.

John's Irrigation Design business, such as it was, is no more.  It was completely impractical. The domain has now been suspended.  He does have a real estate licence and he seems to have changed companies:  https://www.movewithplatinum.com/john-maxwell

John needs to update his linkedIn profile too.   https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnmaxwellks/

Oh, I thought John and Chelsy were developing the irrigation business together?  They did a lot of travelling after the wedding and I assumed it was farm-related. But maybe it is real estate Chelsy wants to work with him on, instead?

I thought this was funny, right next to Johns name on that real estate website: 

Finance Your Future Home

Let United Mortgage, a Platinum Realty affiliated company, find the best loan solution for you! With competitive rates, guaranteed on-time closing and experienced and committed mortgage bankers, you can expect an exceptional experience with United Mortgage. 

Isn't a mortgage the worst sin you can commit in the maxwell family? :D

1 hour ago, Howl said:

There's a glaring typo on this page.  At the top, it says Cyper Security instead of Cyber Security.  Holy toboggan rides,  that's a bad look on one's Web site.  And it shows up AGAIN on this page: cciteam.com   Scroll down to the middle of the three pics: the legend says CYPER Security.  Hope they are reading here and fix that STAT! 

What a shit show. And why is Anna now "Annie"? And it irks me that they put "cheerful" in her bio.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:16 PM, CyborgKin said:

Wow the Maxparents are extremely fearful.

Also, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.  And it's not like not knowing the names of Egyptian gods prevents Maxwells from worshipping Pepsi, coffee, scheduling, photography, hiking, Steve, etc.

Not for the first time I am impressed that their faith is such a fragile thing! The things I believe in I believe with all my heart and those beliefs are unshakeable. Not so with the Maxwell's Christianism.

38 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

What a shit show. And why is Anna now "Annie"? And it irks me that they put "cheerful" in her bio.

As a trained professional engineer myself, I take umbrage at Nathan calling himself an engineer. He is not.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

What a shame they don't have access to a teacher or a writer who could edit their web pages before they go live.

Perhaps they call her "Annie" to make it more difficult for people to search for her?

They made sure to use an image that wasn't used elsewhere, since there's no hits on Google reverse image search or Tinyye, but I did find an interesting result with Yandex.

Rebecca eleventy commented on Chelsy’s last post. No, Chelsy it’s not a small world. It’s a small fundie world. And that’s the purpose actually. 

A0AE9259-A22A-400E-8996-E7E7599C6E7E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Steve used to be all powerful.  It looks to me that he has retired in many ways and may not be well.  He seems to have aged 10 years in 5, looking at the photos.  He is 66, after all.

66 isn't particularly old. Unless he has underlying health issues there is no reason why he couldn't still be working full time if he wanted to. 

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

As a trained professional engineer myself, I take umbrage at Nathan calling himself an engineer. He is not.

It's very disrespectful and quite unethical he does that. Does he not understand that IT work and being an engineer are two different things, or is he trying to decieve his customers? I wonder what college he tells them he graduated from if they ask. I should hope the latter so he is not royally fucking up people's systems, but either way it shows there is a good amount of incompetence there. He is not designing software, he is managing software and networks. (I don't know much about either, but I understand there is major distinction) Also, I had to giggle at "the soft skills that are so important." Gross. Did they have to say that? Their bios have to be very undetailed when it comes to facts due to the fact they have almost zero formal training (shouldn't they have certifications or something for IT?) but it just gets worse as they have no imagination to fluff their expertise in a way that's actually appealing. 

34 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

66 isn't particularly old. Unless he has underlying health issues there is no reason why he couldn't still be working full time if he wanted to. 

Agreed.  My husband is still working full time at 65 and shows no signs of wanting or needing to retire.  I just think Steve's withdrawal from the businesses is rather uncharacteristic - and he doesn't look very well in his photos.  That is all.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived