IGNORED

Maxwell Blog: Preparing John the Baptist

anjulibai

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's crazy! I was a maid of honor for my sister and my BFF. I'm still close with both. I was a bridesmaid for my cousin who has always been one of my closest friends and I was also a bridesmaid for a childhood friend. I'm still friends with both and we try to get together as often as we can. 

Below is a long drama-filled thread drift, so feel free to skip!

I was a bridesmaid for my sister, and she's still close with most of the maids (all family) but not the matron of honor, who was her long-time best friend. My sister had been maid of honor in HER wedding, and (fairy) godmother of her first child. Fairy godmother because friend had converted to Catholicism and my sister is Baptist. Instead of helping raise the child in the church, she said she'd help raise her "Disney". They are still on OK terms (Facebook friends), but not close at all, and had a very rough patch at one point (due to friend cheating on her husband - with her dom at the bdsm club! - and friend thinking my sister had been the one to let her husband in on it... she wasn't, the husband was the one that told my sister!). I still suspect this friend converted to be Catholic largely because she heard you could just confess and get your sins forgotten... she had been extremely promiscuous since high school and married a virgin Catholic boy. Turned out to be a rocky combo there.

The other two I was maid for, one was my best friend for many many years, the other was one of her friends who we had helped get away from an abusive stalking ex at one point. After several years, my best friend had some sort of mid-life crisis (a bit early) and decided to start living as close to Sex In The City as she could get, going out to the "club" (extremely redneck bar in the worst part of a town with a bad reputation) practically the whole weekend every weekend. I stuck around through realizing she was inviting me over for the sole purpose of distracting her husband while she was in the bath having phone sex with her boyfriend, but once she started posting really obvious Facebook statuses about her NEW boyfriend (she thought they were subtle) while still begging me to come over every single night after work, I gave it up and told her I was sorry but I needed to back a way just a bit for a while for my own sanity. I was really wanting to just back off a little, but she's an all-or-nothing person. She is convinced to this day that I'm the one who told "the whole church" she was cheating on her husband, but I didn't. I did, however, tell HER that the high schoolers in the Sunday School class she taught, and the members of the church choir she was president of were reading her Facebook posts and had been asking who she was fooling around with (and assuming the wrong guy!), so she might want to think before posting. That was it, I was suddenly the worst person ever, and the other bride I'd stood for became her new bestie and confidante to rant about me and post passive-aggressive Facebook posts about how "hippocrates shouldn't talk" aimed at me. :pb_lol: 

I'm no prude, and I (and my sister) had no desire to get into their issues, but we kind of got dragged in. At this point I'm thinking if I ever am in a wedding again it'll have to be for a family member. I don't care who people sleep with but don't use me to try and get away with it. I've put enough there for anyone involved to ID me, so if they do... Hi! I hope you're happy, and I'm not being sarcastic there. I know I am happier now! (But don't contact me, please. I'm done. And don't leave random notes on my porch again, that's creepy.)

And that is the majority of the major drama that has ever happened in my life! I feel like I should write it all out in a fictionalized way, it's convoluted enough it might be entertaining.

What counts as drama in the Maxwell household? An extended family member coming over unannounced? Not being able to find the pizza cutter when it's time to make salad?

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

What counts as drama in the Maxwell household? An extended family member coming over unannounced? Not being able to find the pizza cutter when it's time to make salad?

Can’t actually answer this question without knowing how to use the pizza cutter. Still waiting for those instructions. :confused2:

Archived