IGNORED

Wackadoo Ultra-Orthodox Car

GeoBQn

SciBabe shared this photo on Facebook.  An amalgamation of anti-feminism, slut shaming, homophobia, creationism, anti-choice bumperstickers with ultra-Orthodox Jewish flair.

This person really ought to update the "5773" bumper stickers.

On the "Modern Girls: Forget Mincha! Dress modestly" sticker, mincha is afternoon prayer.  So, prayer is not as important as dressing modestly and we should spend our time on that instead.

Don't even know how to respond to the "Shul talkers cause cancer" sticker, just opening my mouth wordlessly like a fish because WHAT?

30530729_1200756163394490_23071885065034

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the fuck??

it doesn't even look real, it looks photoshopped

I knew a girl in high school that had a family car like that, Christian as opposed to Jewish. They were huge hypocrites. I've always felt like if they have to advertise how good they are, then they probably aren't. Just my opinion.

I like one person's FB comment that the number of bumper stickers on your car is inversely proportional to your ability to have a conversation without shouting.

Sigh.  Makes me long for the days of the ex-Gay Greg-mobile, and it doesn't stand a chance against the now cleansed Shrader Truthymobile.

I have a bumper sticker, but it advertises my mechanic. He gives a 10% discount for having one.

Wow. 

I'm honestly a little glad when people do stuff like this. I'm like, YES. Please. Advertise your crazy so the rest of us know up front. 

Also, how is 4" below the knee the law for skirt length? I'm pretty sure they weren't using inches to measure things in the Bible. 

I've seen a couple cars totally plastered with "pro-life" stickers, to the point where you literally couldn't tell what color it was. 

If AIDS is punishment for male gays, as the sticker says, then why are women being punished by having AIDS?

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Also, how is 4" below the knee the law for skirt length? I'm pretty sure they weren't using inches to measure things in the Bible. 

I'm curious about that one too!

the fuck??
it doesn't even look real, it looks photoshopped

One tine down in Bettendorf I saw this anti abortion nut job who had the back and sides of his pickup up to the passenger doors covered in various bumper stickers. I hope it did a number on the resale value.

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

If AIDS is punishment for male gays, as the sticker says, then why are women being punished by having AIDS?

Promiscuity?

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

*points to the bumper sticker about a good woman being a subservient frum housewife* 

The owner of this car would say that she obviously didn't properly fulfill her contractual obligations. If she had, she'd be free of disease.  :whistle:

I've seen plenty of cars plastered with religious bumper stickers before, but none like this! It's, uh, certainly sending a message...

10 hours ago, Marserin said:

Funny thing about bumper stickers, no matter where on any spectrum you fall, there was a study about people who have more bumper stickers tend to be more prone to road rage.

I'd never put any "statement" bumper stickers (politics, religion, out-of-town sports teams) on my car but it's because I'm afraid someone who disagreed would key my car! 

12 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

And children too.

My IFB BIL has a similar sticker on his truck. Stark white with black capital letters with Hebrews 2:3 - "How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation..." Weird because it's incomplete, and kind of random. That whole verse was always word salad to me, anyway, even back in my basement bible college days.

True bumper sticker story:

I was about 12, and Dad was driving us home from church on a Sunday morning. The car in front of us had a "Honk if you love Jesus" sticker on it... so we told Dad to tap the horn. "Toot toot" and he did....

The guy in the car in front of us gave us the finger, rolled down his window, swore a blue streak...

We never tried that again!

15 hours ago, December said:

I'd never put any "statement" bumper stickers (politics, religion, out-of-town sports teams) on my car but it's because I'm afraid someone who disagreed would key my car! 

For a long time we would never put bumper stickers on our car for this reason.   Even for something that would seem innocuous.   One time when traveling, we avoided a country music venue because of their penchant for putting bumper stickers on your parked car while you were inside attending the show.   We didn't want anything on our car not to mention we thought it was nervy that they put something on your car without your consent. 

I finally did relent with one of those back windshield sticker on my current car that has our dealer name and dealername.com on it.  We  have lifetime oil changes at this dealer and that's the way they identify the cars whose owners have that service.   It was the one time I made an exception since I highly, highly doubt someone will object to dealername.com and key my car. 

On 2018-04-11 at 5:12 PM, Four is Enough said:

And what does god really feel about lesbians since they very rarely get AIDS? Does god really favor lesbians over everyone else?

This whole thing is weird to me because usually ultra Orthodox fundies are not interested in communicating with randos outside their community who might read a sticker on their car. And communications internal to these communities are usually in Yiddish.

Anybody ever seen a Yiddish bumper sticker?

I have several anti-Trump bumper stickers on my car.  I've never been keyed despite living in a red state, I am perfectly capable of holding a conversation without screaming, and I don't have road rage (I mean, unless you count muttering "fuckhead" under my breath when someone does something stupid...in which case I'd hazard a guess that most people have road rage).

Archived