IGNORED

The John Oliver Appreciation Thread

Destiny

It really was a good one. I maintain that if St. John is ever proven to be a creep or harasser, I may never recover from the pain. I love him so much.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

• 6 months later...

Ooh I like the look of a video about psychics. Imma watch later.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I can't watch the psychics video cos it's not available in my country :cry:

I just started the one about opioids. Only a minute in and I am weeping with laughter from his impersonation of a dog on heroin :laughing-rofl:

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, AmazonGrace said:

That one was awesome! I love him wondering why anyone if they were really Psychics their realty show focused on their personal lives. Good point. Imagine the ratings for talking to Shakespear, Lincoln, Elvis, Lennon, JFK. Joan of Arc, all six of Henry VIII's wives at the same time. How horrifying the one who told the parents of the missing girl she was dead. It was funny and horrifying the one who didn't know the other couple's son was not only alive but a couple tables away!

• 2 weeks later...

I only discover John a couple of days ago thanks to my sister who recomend him to me. I love him! This is all I have to say ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I only discover John a couple of days ago thanks to my sister who recomend him to me. I love him! This is all I have to say ?

I love him. He's number one on the I'm allowed to cheat with list. Alas, he lives a country away, and seems devoted to whoever his wife is (none of my business really so I intentionally don't know). He's not bad looking at all, and that sexy, sexy brain is so attractive. 

• Upvote 3

"John Oliver’s gay Marlon Bundo story was the second-most complained-about book last year"

Spoiler

Ban the bunny? That’s what some people want to do: Comedian John Oliver’s book about the pet rabbit belonging to the family of Vice President Pence is on the list of the most complained-about books in public libraries in 2018, according to the American Library Association.

"Last Week Tonight With John Oliver Presents A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo” is a takeoff of the book that Pence’s wife, Karen, and daughter Charlotte wrote about the family’s pet. But in the parody book, Marlon Bundo is gay and (spoiler alert!) marries another boy bunny, a satirical nod to the vice president’s stance against same-sex marriage. That landed the book in second place on the list, which was topped by a children’s book by Alex Gino called “George” about a transgender child.

The ALA tracked 347 challenges last year, which are defined as formal requests to have books removed from libraries and schools. Most of the books on the most-challenged list featured LGBTQ themes.

Meanwhile, the Pences have a second Marlon Bundo book out this week. “Marlon Bundo’s Day in the Nation’s Capital,” from conservative publisher Regnery, debuts Tuesday.

• Haha 4

• 7 months later...

John Oliver's show was awesome last night. I truly love Mr. Nutterbutter. Having him in a barbershop quartet and dancing on Broadway was so wonderful.

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 4:53 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

John Oliver's show was awesome last night. I truly love Mr. Nutterbutter. Having him in a barbershop quartet and dancing on Broadway was so wonderful.

"Eat shit, Bob" is amazing. From now on, the only way to respond to someone who dragged you to court (because you hurt their widdle fee-fees) is to do a show-stopping musical musical number telling them off. Barbershop quartet of squirrels are recommended but not required. People dancing in front of the camera while giving the double birds, however, is compulsory. 

• Upvote 1