• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
AmazonGrace

FBI raids Michael Cohen's office

Aggravated
onekidanddone
7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Trump is going to lose it and the entire country will stop to watch this! 

I suspect he will tweet something totally unrelated to Cohen to deflect. Maybe invading Scotland or having a sleepover with Putin.

Tired
Audrey2
10 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

or having a sleepover with Putin.

Does this mean that Trump can braid Putin's chest hair and Putin can braid the Tribble on Trump's head?

Edited by Audrey2

AmazonGrace

Trump screws everyone

AmazonGrace

This Twitter that Cohen paid to call him a hottie is truly something else

Howl

Ah, the start of another glorious Infrastructure Week!  Cohen is testifying before the HPSCI (House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and a closed hearing, darn it!) later this week. 

*whistles a nameless tune while filing nails and mentally inventorying popcorn supply* 

YUGE change in dynamics with Shiff in command of the House Intelligence Committee and newly irrelevant ex-chair Devin (R-Partisan Idiot) Nunes unable to run interference to protect Trump.  I have no doubt, though, that Nunes will be happy to share details of Cohen's testimony with the WH.  Does anyone know if this would be illegal, and if so, under what statute? I can't find a clear answer on google. 

There are some very sharp and outspoken Dems on the House Intelligence Committee now.  This really is a big deal. 

Edited by Howl

AmazonGrace

Sumthing is going on

AmazonGrace

Ah never mind  I guess

AmazonGrace

Wait but if he testifies in February how does he need two months to prepared afterwards

fraurosena
6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Wait but if he testifies in February how does he need two months to prepared afterwards

He's testifying in open session to the House Oversight Committee next Wednesday. According to this memo by the committee, their questions will pertain to:

• the President’s debts and payments relating to efforts to influence the 2016 election;
  • the President’s compliance with financial disclosure requirements;
  • the President’s compliance with campaign finance laws;
  • the President’s compliance with tax laws;
  • the President’s potential and actual conflicts of interest;
  • the President’s business practices;
  • the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.;
  • the accuracy of the President’s public statements;
  • potentially fraudulent or inappropriate practices by the Trump Foundation; and
  • public efforts by the President and his attorney to intimidate Mr. Cohen or others not to testify.

Pretty interesting questions the answers to which will likely cause tremors of outrage to reverberate through Congress and the American public. I wouldn't be surprised if the call for impeachment will be taken up the very same day.

But as you can see, nothing will be asked about Russia matters. He will be asked about that during his closed door testimony to the House and Senate Intel Committees. And I can well imagine he needs to prepare for those questions.

Edited by fraurosena

AmazonGrace

Right but if it happens this month isn't it a bit late to prepare in April.

fraurosena
29 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Right but if it happens this month isn't it a bit late to prepare in April.

I think, but I'm not sure, that he'll be testifying in April to the Senate Intel Committee. (His testimony to the House Intel will be next Thursday, the day after the Oversight hearing). I'd like to know why his jail time can only start afterwards. Why can't he be released (under custody) from jail for a day to testify? Like Manafort? That's what I find rather strange about it. That, and the fact that he isn't in jail already. It's been months since his sentencing, and he's still enjoying life as a free man. I really don't get that. He should have gone to jail straight from the courthouse. Guilty is guilty, his sentence is known. Why wait on enacting it?

AmazonGrace

Ok I understand the Herb tweet to say all three are expected this month. 

Better have security...