IGNORED

Baby Vuolo Is a Girl

GnomeCat

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the name suggestion of Isabella. Her nickname could end up being Izzy just like her cousin. How would the Duggars feel about that?

1 minute ago, ItsMeY'all said:

I love the name suggestion of Isabella. Her nickname could end up being Izzy just like her cousin. How would the Duggars feel about that?

If it was Jessa's kid she'd probably find it cute but since it's Jill's kid I can't really even fathom what her reaction would be. 

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Word. My gender reveals were a phone call to the grandparents on (gasp) one of those old-fashioned land line phones complete with a twirly cord. Not even cordless. And that was if the one blurry as hell ultrasound even showed the sex. We didn't know with baby #2 because one ultrasound was all we got and she was feeling shy that day and wouldn't show herself. And get off my lawn, kids! :laughing-rollingred:

We still have a corded landline phone, cell reception in our old place was spotty and I just haven't gotten around to cancelling the landline. All it's good for is telemarketers calling numerous times a day, my kids called me "mean" the other day because I lost my patience with Bell calling like 5 or 6 times a day every friggin day. They haven't called back anyway.

As for telling people the sex of my kids, I just told people after the ultrasound, by phone or in person if they asked. The first two we planned on finding out at the ultrasound but my third pregnancy we entertained the idea of waiting for the birth. But I ended up pregnant with twins which was suprise enough. 

I'm a late 70's baby and no one knew back then. My youngest sibling is an 85'er and they did do scans on her out of concern about complications, but if the pregnancy seemed "normal" insurance didn't cover it. My sis managed to block the view everytime they looked so she still ended up being a surprise. We know MANY people in the mid 80's that got a surprise at the delivery...most seemed to think they were having a boy but actually had a girl. And to think all my friends just get the blood test nowdays...

I have 2 friends (brother & sister) they both had children in the last 6 months. Neither one of them found out the gender before birth. They both ended up having girls.

32 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I found out #3's sex about 28 years ago. So it's not "this day and age". Pretty much all my friends who were pregnant then (between 25 and 30 years ago) found out the sex of their baby. Having a baby is plenty exciting even with knowing the sex. 

I think you have a shitty, superior attitude about this so you might want to STFU before you shove your foot any further in your mouth. 

I honestly find it funny that you are so angry about this. I didn’t  realize finding out the sex of a baby was such a sensitive subject.  I have the right to my opinion. Again, you don’t have to agree with me. We can agree to disagree.  You are being a bully and need to chill the fuck out. It’s not that serious. 

My parents didn't find out with me, but my mom went to the hospital with placental abruption and accidentally found out the day before I was born. Oops! The doctor knew somehow and referenced the sex in passing, but my mom said she was already surprised being in labor at 32 weeks so at that point she didn't really care anymore. 

My parents found out I was a girl 26 years ago via ultrasound. The only reason she got even 1 ultrasound though was because she was high risk and the doctor wanted to know if I was a girl since they tend to do better if born early. Which I was born 11 1/2 weeks early.

4 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

They could always go with Sydney Diana...

Remember when Jessa was pregnant the first time and everyone thought they’d pick a nice French name because of their honeymoon? We were all so young and hopeful. :pb_lol:

How quickly the Duggars made us jaded.  I doubt I'll even acknowledge in my brain any new babies after this one.  

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I was thinking the same thing. then what can poor Anna brag about. she won't have half the grandkids anymore once Joken's little boy is born. She'll have the oldest grandchild/first girl/first boy and the most grandkids (for who knows how long) I think she has to find something to brag about because I mean she's stuck with Smugger she needs something. 

Anna SEVERLY needs a DIVORCE.

:my_angel:.

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

How about Jeremina?  Did anyone suggest that yet?

(I am actually just joking).

To be fair, I’d never heard of Benjamina as a girl’s name until the Great British Bake Off and all I think of is a fierce baker (look her up if you’re not familiar, her work is stunning). Maybe Jeremina will make her own unique mark in the world. Or she’ll end up like Heistheway in fundie obscurity, she has options

3 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

How quickly the Duggars made us jaded.  I doubt I'll even acknowledge in my brain any new babies after this one.  

I find names a bit to fascinating and also seeing who will win the grand kids race the Bates or Duggar's so I"ll probably continue to keep track. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

15 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Remember when Jessa was pregnant the first time and everyone thought they’d pick a nice French name because of their honeymoon? We were all so young and hopeful. :pb_lol:

Spurgeon- OM word- I remember reading that name. I was in Chile. I still LOL when I think of it.

picture during the JInjer baby shower. 

another picture wow so much pink it's hurts to look at a little. 

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Spurgeon- OM word- I remember reading that name. I was in Chile. I still LOL when I think of it.

It hasn't even aged well.  Poor kid.

My parents didn't find out what my brother was until he was born, though everyone's old wives tale told them he was a boy and they never settled on a girls name. For me, my mom had an amnio since she was over 35 so they knew pretty early on.

Stella Starbucks Vuolo. Calling it right now.

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Hell, I'm 34, my mother found what I was. It's definitely not a new thing. 

You know what I hate? You  know what's my pet peeve? Condescending jerks who think they know what's best for everyone and complain that other people's choices are their own pet peevess. 

@anjulibai I have the right to my opinion.   Just because you don’t like it or agree with it doesn’t mean you have to be an asshole about it. Congratulations, you’re my new pet peeve!! 

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Thyme - Timmy

Parsley - Lee/Leah

Cinnamon - Minnie

Coriander - Corey

Turmeric - Merry or Ricky

Allspice - Allie

Nutmeg - Meg

Caraway - Carrie

Taragon - Terri

Habanero- Nero

Cardamom - Cardi (she'll learn how to rap from Flame)

Juniper - Juno (she'll be the pregnant teen bride)

Pepper Jermaine

Jinger looks really cute.  Her face has filled out and she looks good. She always was my favourite Dugger girl.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived