IGNORED

Baby Vuolo Is a Girl

GnomeCat

I thought maybe they would go with Ginger in Italian for a name until I looked it up.

Zenzero Vuolo is not a good name.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Jessesgirl said:

Can I be honest? I absolutely hate gender reveals in general. And I secretly hate when people find out what they r having before birth. I don’t know why. I don’t have a rational explanation to explain why I feel this way! Lol (I totally respect other people’s decisions to find out  and never say anything negative to anyone about how I feel. I truly don’t mean to offend anyone who found out the sex of their babies.) I chose not to find out the sex of both my babies until birth and it was awesome! It was so much fun to speculate with friends and family about what we were having. And my friends and family were in the edges of their seats waiting to find out. I think when people already announce the sex (and sometimes even the name) of their baby beforehand it’s not as exciting when the baby is actually born. 

We also enjoyed speculating about the sex and our families were also on the edge of their seats! We just ended the speculation at 20 weeks instead of 40. :whink: I can assure you, we were all just as excited when my daughter was born as we would have been if we didn't know she was a girl. Same goes for my current pregnancy. I don't really see why it would be any more exciting not knowing. A new baby is a new baby.

Now that we know our second is a girl we speculate on if she'll look like her big sister, how their personalities will differ, etc. If anything that kind of long term speculation is more fun than wondering if the baby has a vagina or a penis anyway.

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Pro tip - if you’re not looking to piss people off, maybe don’t say you “hate” when people do X action. Because, spoiler alert, you’re going to piss people off and get called out for it.

We found out because I miscarried our first. We were, obviously, ridiculously excited to make it that far after our loss and it was a way to help us bond with the pregnancy - we had spent the entire pregnancy up to that point worried about another loss and this was a milestone we were able to take a lot of joy in. My sister experienced PPD after having her first child. She opted to find out the sex of her second child (another adorable boy) with the hopes that knowing as much as possible prior to the birth would help her feel more prepared and less susceptible to having PPD again. 

Everyone was thrilled when my daughter was born healthy and safe - especially because she was born prematurely - despite knowing the sex ahead of time. It was still an incredibly exciting moment for us all and I know it’ll be just as exciting when my second nephew arrives this summer. It’s pretty sad to think there are people who wouldn’t feel just as excited about welcoming a new baby just because they knew the sex ahead of time. 

@VelociRapture , @feministxtian @IvycoveredtowerSorry, did not mean to offend you or anyone in any way. Was just stating my own personal opinion and also made a point to say that I realize it’s a bit irrational. It’s  just a pet peeve I have and I’m sorry I sounded harsh.  I can completely understand why people choose to find out. And I’m glad everyone has the opportunity to do what’s best and meaningful for them. All I meant was that I think it adds a little bit of extra excitement to not know all the details when waiting for baby to be born. In this day and age it seems that everyone needs to know everything yesterday. Would never imagine that people are not excited to meet a new baby, regardless of knowing sex or not. 

I'm not going to lie either, I was pretty ambivalent about the gender. 

I just clicked the article to see if we finally solved the mystery of what happened to those  200 (hand painted mind you) damn flamingos. So much for reuse and save.

#mysterycontinues

#wheredoyoustore200plasticbirds

I've never guessed a baby name before, but I've had a glass of wine so I'm not myself tonight.

I'm going to guess Aria.  

I haven't had enough wine for a guess on the JoKen baby name yet.  Is there another one as well?  I can't remember.

Ok, everyone is saying how mad Jill will be but I think Anna will be even madder. She likes to brag about having the only granddaughters and now she won’t get that. 

2 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Ok, everyone is saying how mad Jill will be but I think Anna will be even madder. She likes to brag about having the only granddaughters and now she won’t get that. 

Unfortunately, I don't think Anna is capable of being mad. 

Well, congrats to JinJer! A baby is always exciting, especially in fundieland. For the baby’s sake, I hope she has a childhood filled with love and acceptance. (Public school would be nice too, but let’s not get crazy)

I personally did not find out the sex both times I was pregnant. Of course, this was 15 years ago and times were different. Jinder reveal parties were not as common among my friends and family as they are now. I loved being surprised and was very happy with both of my boys. 

My brother in law and his wife had a little girl a month after my second son was born. (They did not find out either) All I heard after that was “Now you need a girl!” Hell to the no. Leave me alone with my two boys. I was done, thanks very much. No third child necessary. (Of course, if #3 happened along, that would have been wonderful!)

You do you. If you want to know the sex, find out, and enjoy every moment. 

6 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Unfortunately, I don't think Anna is capable of being mad. 

I don't think Anna is allowed to be mad. 

16 minutes ago, artdecades said:

well at least she can still say she has the only grandaughters with the Duggar last name. :laughing-rollingyellow:

4 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well at least she can still say she has the only grandaughters with the Duggar last name. :laughing-rollingyellow:

Then Si and Lauren will have a girl, I don't know why but I see them having a girl first.

1 minute ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Then Si and Lauren will have a girl, I don't know why but I see them having a girl first.

I was thinking the same thing. then what can poor Anna brag about. she won't have half the grandkids anymore once Joken's little boy is born. She'll have the oldest grandchild/first girl/first boy and the most grandkids (for who knows how long) I think she has to find something to brag about because I mean she's stuck with Smugger she needs something. 

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I was thinking the same thing. then what can poor Anna brag about. she won't have half the grandkids anymore once Joken's little boy is born. She'll have the oldest grandchild/first girl/first boy and the most grandkids (for who knows how long) I think she has to find something to brag about because I mean she's stuck with Smugger she needs something. 

She'll always have the firsts - first marriage, first grandchild, first grandson, all named Duggar of course, first two have more than one of each, first to have more than two. She can always condescend to give her wisdom forever because she's been doing it the longest. 

She can even condescend to give marriage advice, after all, look how she's struggled in her marriage and didn't give up? 

In fundie terms, Anna will always have much to lord over everyone. 

36 minutes ago, Jessesgirl said:

All I meant was that I think it adds a little bit of extra excitement to not know all the details when waiting for baby to be born. In this day and age it seems that everyone needs to know everything yesterday. Would never imagine that people are not excited to meet a new baby, regardless of knowing sex or not. 

I found out #3's sex about 28 years ago. So it's not "this day and age". Pretty much all my friends who were pregnant then (between 25 and 30 years ago) found out the sex of their baby. Having a baby is plenty exciting even with knowing the sex. 

I think you have a shitty, superior attitude about this so you might want to STFU before you shove your foot any further in your mouth. 

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

She'll always have the firsts - first marriage, first grandchild, first grandson, all named Duggar of course, first two have more than one of each, first to have more than two. She can always condescend to give her wisdom forever because she's been doing it the longest. 

She can even condescend to give marriage advice, after all, look how she's struggled in her marriage and didn't give up? 

In fundie terms, Anna will always have much to lord over everyone. 

this might be mean but i hope if she lords it over the others too much they knock her down and peg a remind her that at least they aren't stuck with the likes of Josh for the rest of their lives. 

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I found out #3's sex about 28 years ago. So it's not "this day and age". Pretty much all my friends who were pregnant then (between 25 and 30 years ago) found out the sex of their baby. Having a baby is plenty exciting even with knowing the sex. 

I think you have a shitty, superior attitude about this so you might want to STFU before you shove your foot any further in your mouth. 

Hell, I'm 34, my mother found what I was. It's definitely not a new thing. 

40 minutes ago, Jessesgirl said:

@VelociRapture , @feministxtian @IvycoveredtowerSorry, did not mean to offend you or anyone in any way. Was just stating my own personal opinion and also made a point to say that I realize it’s a bit irrational. It’s  just a pet peeve I have and I’m sorry I sounded harsh.  I can completely understand why people choose to find out. And I’m glad everyone has the opportunity to do what’s best and meaningful for them. All I meant was that I think it adds a little bit of extra excitement to not know all the details when waiting for baby to be born. In this day and age it seems that everyone needs to know everything yesterday. Would never imagine that people are not excited to meet a new baby, regardless of knowing sex or not. 

You know what I hate? You  know what's my pet peeve? Condescending jerks who think they know what's best for everyone and complain that other people's choices are their own pet peevess. 

Just now, anjulibai said:

27 over here. my mom found out with me. My middle brother also. Not sure if she found out with my youngest brother or not. 

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

With #1, I was young and on Medicaid...no ultrasound if dates and size matched. With #2, went through military medical. 1 ultrasound, didn't get to see the screen, just got told everything was OK. So, with #3, I damn sure wanted to know!!! I ended up having 3-4 ultrasounds with him including one the day he was born. 

Finding out the sex wasn't something I remember people doing here until the late 90s, my mum said she could tell my brother was a boy from the ultrasound, that was early 80s but she never found out with any of us. I always said I'd rather wait to see but I think now, I would find out. 

4 hours ago, Honeysuckle said:

I know gender reveals are trendy right now, and I'd probably go to one and eat cake and keep my thoughts to myself, but there are limits. There is no way I would ever run an obstacle course just for the privilege of finding out if someone else's fetus has a penis or a vagina.

I’d be like Stanley, Creed, and Oscar in the “Fun Run” episode of The Office. Take a cab to a restaurant, drink a beer, then head back to the finish line just in time for the winners to cross. :pb_lol: 

1 minute ago, TatiFish9 said:

I was so sure Jeremy Jr. was on the way.

I wanted it so badly to be a boy, but I had a sinking suspicion from the start that it was a girl (and I promise that's not hindsight bias :P)  I do like to hope and assume that the restrictions on this girl growing up will be less than what Jinger had and that their brood of children is smaller/she doesn't become a sister mom.  

On a happier note however, Jinger looks fantastic! I know its also early, but she doesn't seem to be carrying as big as her other sisters, but obviously each woman carries children differently. Either way, she looks great! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived