IGNORED

Baby Vuolo Is a Girl

GnomeCat

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the article it said they were thinking forward to something.....well I read it as forward thinking and was SHOCKED before I realized I made a pretty big mistake....silly me.

I'm a bit sad the trend is over. I do think that with all boys they would either limit family size or break down a few gender rolls... It couldn't last forever though.

Well look at that! I'm happy for them, and happy that this baby gets to grow up so far from TTH and Arkansas. Let's hope blanket training and sister momming aren't in her future. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, I am happy that this child gets to at least live in a different state than the maternal grandparents. She will get the opportunity to grow in a much less restricted environment than her mom did. That is a positive and is hopefully allowed to develop as a person. 

The closer to the compound, the more restrictive the life gets. For baby girl Vuolo, she at least has a shot of being something besides a mom and wife. 

A daughter of Jeremy’s, regardless of his hipster Instagram, won’t be that free. 

I’m not happy there’s another female grandduggar. Though I’m willing to be proven wrong by the Catholic hating, academia disliking, moral judging ‘pastor’ Jeremy. And I’m glad everything seems to be healthy for Jinger. 

The couple set up an obstacle course and split their family into a pink team and a blue team. One by one, a member of each team had to eat a single serve container of ice cream before running an obstacle course. The captain of the first team to finish the race had the honor of flipping the switch on a “Baby” neon light, revealing the sex, and Jinger, 24, and Jeremy, 30, sprayed everyone with pink silly string.

How much ice cream are we talking? This sounds like a hazing ritual.

Not a girl!!! Ughh:pb_rollseyes:

Congrats I guess. I bet Jilly Muffin is mad she's not the one having a girl.

I'm happy for them. The trend was going to end eventually, and while I do agree that anyone raised by Jeremy won't be very free, I also think Jinger's daughters will probably have the least amount of sister-mom work (compared to the other grandkids). So I'm glad Jinger was the one to have a girl.

Edit to add: The ballet-theme with the cake and the cardboard cut out ballerina is a little surprising. Ballet is very un-modest, by Duggar standards. 

Wow!  Way more elaborate than most of the other gender reveals. 

Wait, so they got other people to do this stuff? I can understand something like that done for the parents, but I find it weird when gender reveals involve people who aren't the parents doing scavenger hunts or whatever. It makes it seem like the parents think they're bestowing a privilege on those people by allowing them to compete to find out the baby's sex.

I wonder if they will go with a J theme also. if so I'll guess Juliet Nicole. if not i'll guess Diana Nicole after Jeremy's mom and Jinger's middle name. 

Heck I’m happy for them.  Maybe she won’t  get all the freedom but growing up away from the compound is a good start and maybe she won’t have to raise a lot of siblings.  One could always hope. Maybe that explains Jill’s post with Sam and the hashtag about boys... I think she wanted a daughter and maybe having another child is not in the cards

I am 7,000 years old and a weary, jaded ball of scorn for all mankind, so maybe I'm alone on this, but "gender reveal obstacle course" is the most psychologically exhausting combination of words I've ever heard.

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I wonder if they will go with a J theme also. if so I'll guess Juliet Nicole. if not i'll guess Diana Nicole after Jeremy's mom and Jinger's middle name. 

It would be nice if they honored Jeremy’s mom since she will be the first grandchild on that side. 

That gender reveal is a bit much. 

As much as it would have been fun to watch various Duggar sisters never have daughters and be saddled with 10-20 sons with no sister moms to help, the chances of that happening are pretty low, biologically speaking.  

I’m not sure that being born to Jinger and Jeremy automatically means a whole lot different than say Jessa and Ben having a daughter.  She’ll be allowed to wear pants, that’s really all we know for sure.

I do think Jinger will be a good mom.  Congrats to her!

Sweet deal, I guessed the sex right. Now for the name. Except I can't remember what name I guessed... :pb_lol:

Whether they have boys or girls makes no difference to me. The girls (arguably) have a harder and more restricted life, but the boys are the future abusers and oppressors who run for office or otherwise take on positions of authority wherein they abuse and oppress people. I also can't wish unwanted infertility on anyone, so my hope is always that they leave the cult and raise their children differently. It's a fool's hope, but it's all I can really hope for.

I thought Jinger would have a girl, like many FJers. *If* Jinger ends up having several more kids, I hope Baby Vuolo ends up with at least one sister, so they can share any potential sister-mom duties and for company, mainly; it's not fun growing up as a girl in that environment. I don't know which Duggar daughter said it, but one of them said that they enjoyed having a shared room because of the girl talk that went on, or something like that. 

Out of all the married Duggars, Jessa seems to me like the one who would most want a daughter, who she can have as a little mini-me. 

I had started to think boy lately but I guess a girl was inevitable.

I wonder if she'll put a bow on her head bigger than what Erin Bates does with her newborns. That's pretty much most of the excitement at this point. I think she'll have a pretty regular name too, nothing too non-mainstream.

Does this need its own thread, or should it be in the JinJer thread?

Just curious. Not throwing stones.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived