IGNORED

Lori Alexander Blog Post 4-9-18 The Boy Crisis Book

She's been quoting from this book for several days now. What I "love" about today's post is that it's so clear that Lori didn't read all of it before she starting quoting it like the second Bible, but now she's reached some problematic sections and is all "I must warn everyone!!!!!!!" Because obviously her leghumpers ran out and bought the book as soon as Lori mentioned it and now she must warn them because OMG the book says that strict gender roles are not the best solution :pb_rollseyes: 

A tip for you Lori: next time, read the whole dang book before you starting waxing rhapsodic about how it's just the bestest book in the world. 

This is just another example of Lori being incapable of learning. If she reads something she doesn't agree with, she can't learn from it. She can't read something, think about it, and move on. She has to denounce it on her blog and warn everyone *eye roll*

That sounds like Lori.  I guess you can tell I don't read Lori very often.  If I see her out and about, I usually head the other way. 

Comments from Lori’s post today. What Lori teaches is part of the Bible but not the only part. If god truely wanted women to stay home and never work he would have camanded it. 

8E9FF050-60AA-4062-8B50-C4FD9F9042EE.png

Lori's final reply to Annie is really an asshat d**head comment.

I bet Lori was just dying to write "Your views are not higher than mine since I'm a godly older woman and speak for God."

Yes, I do agree that boys desperately need fathers. I believe mothers need to stay married to their son’s fathers until death do they part. I believe fathers need to make time to be with their sons and model godly manhood to them. They need to teach their sons to work hard and be faithful but they don’t need their fathers to take their mother’s role in their lives and they don’t need their mothers to take their father’s role of providing. This isn’t how God created it to be.

One of my high school boyfriends had an physically abusive father and he was glad when his mother divorced his father and got full custody with limited visits with his father.  He was 10 when the divorce happened and a few years later his father moved to another state and he he didn't see him much. My ex said that he didn't feel his life was messed up by the divorce. He looked to other men as father figures.

Lori, are you going to tell your fangirls whose husbands work multiple jobs that their husbands need to make time for sons? I doubt Lori even really pays attention to those fangirls who take pride in their husbands working multiple jobs so they could be SAHMs. I thought it was quite sad when one fangirl said she was a single mom to two boys for eight years and then got married. She then mentioned her husband working multiple jobs so she could stay at home. I doubt Lori will ever actually say anything to that fangirl.

Consistency thy name is NOT Lori.

In a comment today The Godly Older Woman Mentor Who Speaks for God (TM) wrote: 

Besides, we are not to look at examples in the Bible for how we are to live our lives but direct commands that are given to us during the Church age under which we live. 

Didn't she just tell us a day or so ago to look to the Bible for answers for everything?  And isn't she always telling us to be just like the Proverbs woman?  Who she now says is an example that we shouldn't follow? 

Oh wait, does she mean those other women in the Bible we are supposed to ignore  -- Deborah, Junia, Martha, Mary, Phoebe, Priscilla, Miriam, etc, etc, etc.  Jezebels -- every last one of them.

8 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Consistency thy name is NOT Lori.

In a comment today The Godly Older Woman Mentor Who Speaks for God (TM) wrote: 

Didn't she just tell us a day or so ago to look to the Bible for answers for everything?  And isn't she always telling us to be just like the Proverbs woman?  Who she now says is an example that we shouldn't follow? 

Oh wait, does she mean those other women in the Bible we are supposed to ignore  -- Deborah, Junia, Martha, Mary, Phoebe, Priscilla, Miriam, etc, etc, etc.  Jezebels -- every last one of them.

When I read that I was like then why are they even in the Bible , Lori? The entire thing is the inspired Word of God so one can assume he had the illustrations written in there for a reason. Just because not everyone is a good example doesn't mean they aren't an example in the Bible. Annnnd I suppose she should stop using Sarah as an example of how to treat her husband by calling him "Lord". 

I can't help but laugh at the discussion guidelines for Lori's chat room. 

DISCUSSION GUIDELINES

1. Act graciously and with maturity.
12. Link only to other female Christian bloggers, authors or teachers who are in line with the ALCR.

#1: Lori wouldn't recognize grace or maturity if it bit her on the butt. I have never seen her exhibit either of these. Instead, she always makes me think of the table in my junior high lunch room where the snobby girls sat and gossiped about how much better they were than the rest of us.

#12: Who is on this list of ALCR-approved women? 

I was reading the comments on the Boy Crisis post on the blog, and I can't get screenshots right now, but you have to check out Kathy's two comments.

So Much random Capitalizing of Words That make No Sense! So much Trying to Show That her Husband is Just So Masculine!

Example:

I want them to be the person in the audience of a play who Turns Their Back to the Stage if it Insults Christians and Take Their Family and Walk Out. End of.

:laughing-rolling:

36 minutes ago, SueEllenMishke said:

I was reading the comments on the Boy Crisis post on the blog, and I can't get screenshots right now, but you have to check out Kathy's two comments.

So Much random Capitalizing of Words That make No Sense! So much Trying to Show That her Husband is Just So Masculine!

Example:

:laughing-rolling:

What a random example!

I haven't replied recently, because quite honestly I feel like hell right now.  I seem to live at the doctor's office at the moment, and I just don't feel like the stupid that is Lori's blog.

That said, nothing brings me out of lurkedom like mind bending hypocrisy, and her Instagram is a prime example right now.

This morning she posted the following:

It's all about being frugal!  Don't even allow yourself enough milk to let the cereal move (I mean, just wtf?!).  Yes, I know Lori copied it from "Maggie", but she's clearly endorsing the sentiment.

That was this morning.  Mere hours later she posted her "facial routine".  I took a moment to get a ballpark on just how much her (surely) frugal routine costs.  The breakdown?

Foundation: $42

Blush: $30

Norwex Body Cloth: (set of 3): $26-$30 (depending on the color)

Face spray: (Really?  What even is this shit?!  I have made it forever and a day without even knowing it's a thing).  Anyway, it costs around $30

Yam cream: (Again, really?!  Is she serious right now?  Surely not.  This has to be a joke.)  Total?  $33

That's a grand total of $165 to still look like a sour faced spoiled brat. <---sorry, being sick makes me kinda edgy.  Ughh....

What is she thinking? 

To top it all off, she just uses water to wash her face.  No soap.  WHY??? She's already spent nearly $200, what's another $30 for some God Raised Organic Soap?  Surely there's someone selling soap that's been "grown" the way God intended.  

I guess I am just way behind the times.  I wash my face with Dove soap and water, and then put a little bit of Oil of Olay on (maybe).  

(Mods, forgive me if I've put this in the wrong place.  Sorry.  I am adjusting to the new thread policy.)

10 minutes ago, jerkit said:

The same Norwex cloth she cleans up chicken juice with?!

well, she uses grease* for hand cream...

32 minutes ago, Koala said:

I haven't replied recently, because quite honestly I feel like hell right now.  I seem to live at the doctor's office at the moment, and I just don't feel like the stupid that is Lori's blog.

That said, nothing brings me out of lurkedom like mind bending hypocrisy, and her Instagram is a prime example right now.

It's all about being frugal!  Don't even allow yourself enough milk to let the cereal move (I mean, just wtf?!).  Yes, I know Lori copied it from "Maggie", but she's clearly endorsing the sentiment.

That was this morning.  Mere hours later she posted her "facial routine".  I took a moment to get a ballpark on just how much her (surely) frugal routine costs.  The breakdown?

Face spray: (Really?  What even is this shit?!  I have made it forever and a day without even knowing it's a thing).  Anyway, it costs around $30

Yam cream: (Again, really?!  Is she serious right now?  Surely not.  This has to be a joke.)  Total?  $33

That's a grand total of $165 to still look like a sour faced spoiled brat. <---sorry, being sick makes me kinda edgy.  Ughh....

What is she thinking? 

To top it all off, she just uses water to wash her face.  No soap.  WHY??? She's already spent nearly $200, what's another $30 for some God Raised Organic Soap?  Surely there's someone selling soap that's been "grown" the way God intended.  

I guess I am just way behind the times.  I wash my face with Dove soap and water, and then put a little bit of Oil of Olay on (maybe).  

(Mods, forgive me if I've put this in the wrong place.  Sorry.  I am adjusting to the new thread policy.)

@Koala, I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm glad to see you here, though, I've really missed your pithy and to-the-point commentary on the hypocrisy that is Lori Alexander. Hopefully, it's not your blood pressure that's giving you problems--reading Lori's crap is enough to send mine sky-high some days. :my_dodgy:

The only 'expensive' item I ever use on my face is Clinique's Dramatically Different lotion. Been using it since the early 80s. One bottle lasts me about nine months, and I always get a free bag of goodies when I buy it. Otherwise, my skin care routine consists of a little jar of L'oreal eye cream and a bar of Yardley oatmeal soap I get at the dollar store. And--bec moment here--my face and neck look a lot younger than Lori's even though we're the same age (I use a generic body lotion on my neck when I think of it, which isn't often!). 

Wild yam cream. Hahahahahahahaha....

Hope you feel better soon, @Koala.

And Lori, have you given up your TV, I-phone, and "all the things our culture tells us we need"?

4 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Hope you feel better soon, @Koala.

And Lori, have you given up your TV, I-phone, and "all the things our culture tells us we need"?

Lory couldn't survive without social media, what would she do all day? Give Ken more than a 10min and lube dry-squeeze?

$200 skin regimen and $10 eggs. Ken definitely got what he deserved.

6 hours ago, Koala said:

What is she thinking? 

Hi @Koala--I've been missing your comments, and hoping you were okay! Sorry to hear you've been sick. 

Regarding Lori--it's really hard to believe anyone can be so clueless.   

7 hours ago, Koala said:

Well, I don't see frugal here...I see a control freak to the max. Maggie's dad had some serious issues. Instead of buying homes to tear them down and build himself a bigger home, he should have considered therapy sessions.   

9 hours ago, Koala said:

I use a rose water face spray as a makeup setting spray and as a moisturizer. However I get a large bottle of spray for like $8.99? And it's organic. I also have all natural tinted moisturizer that I bought from Etsy for like $13.00, which is pricey for me but worth it sense it doesn't make my face itchy. she could do that look of hers for a fraction of the cost and all natural ingredients if she looked for it. Of course if bought from etsy it just won't have the fancy packaging or name. She also looks to be wearing mascara and have her brows filled in. Which if bought from Jane Iredale is another 40-60 dollars. This compared to the average ten dollars I spend on similar products. I should start a blog titled the Frugal Feminist and ask her to write a guest post. 

Link for proof of pricing and to share since both my sister and I like the moisturizers. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PureLips?ref=s2-header-shopname

I love makeup, but I don't pretend that by buying it that I'm being a frugal as I could be if I went without. 

Also the Yam cream reminds me of the yam lube from Grace and Frankie. 

14 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I should start a blog titled the Frugal Feminist and ask her to write a guest post. 

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Actually...she'd write a post, all right, but it wouldn't be on your blog. It would be on hers, all about those evil, cheap feminists. :pb_lol:

@KoalaI saw that beauty routine of hers just after I finished up my project. Would have been great to add that in my section of screenshots showing how NOT frugal she is. I might still add it later. Right now, I think like you, I am burned out looking at her crap. 

I posted it in the megathread, but will here too for anyone who hasn't seen my collection of screenshots in response to Rachelle. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hhOEg7jEQNZmt-KLp5UgEHWwu8LMbRf9/view

by the way, where do we post stuff from her IG or things that aren't related to a specific blog post? Is that on the megathread?

Archived