IGNORED

Maxhell Devotes A Whole Blog Post to Coffee

Dark Matters

Mocha time, guys!  Poor instructs you on how to make one today.  I must say, she/they use good beans, same brand I like - Don Pablo.  I may honestly try her recipe but sub cream for the milk.  Cause that's the way I roll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah would enjoy being a barista, she could do some side photography and get free coffee, too bad she can’t even get a job outside because she would have to talk to men...it seems like she would enjoy something like that, sad she can’t find her own way. 

Honestly, I'm a bit shocked that Sarah is allowed to make such a rich drink on a regular basis. I could see it being considered an "idol," especially since it takes extra equipment to make. 

I mean, I don't think mochas are all that crazy of a beverage but I definitely would've expected the family to drink black coffee. I thought the mochas/fancier drinks would be for special occasions... so color me surprised. 

38 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I’m kind of surprised she goes for whole milk.  I really saw them as a 1% family.  

At least, certainly not homo milk!

(FYI, the Canadian name for whole milk)

Their lives are colorless, flavorless, bland, bland, bland - at least based on what little you can glean from what they present on their blog.  That is the perfect definition of hell to me.  So I guess I'm constantly surprised when they casually drop in something flavorful and unexpected.  If hell isn't freezing over, the temperatures and flames must surely be dying down a bit.

Hoo boy, Sarah better be careful lest her father take away her "idol" - mochas!  LMAO

3 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

At least, certainly not homo milk!

(FYI, the Canadian name for whole milk)

Isn't Canadian milk not watered down?  My grandmother used to live in Quebec and got the milk in plastic bags.  I'm not a milk drinker, but that milk tasted good.  My uncle, a retired dairy farmer, used to sell the milk from his herd to Cumberland Farms; he said that the company was allowed to legally water down their whole milk.

Now, I like either raw whole milk or goat milk.

4 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

I’m kind of surprised she goes for whole milk.  I really saw them as a 1% family.  

Skim. Skim milk is water that is lying about being milk. 

4 hours ago, defraudingjezebel said:

Honestly, I'm a bit shocked that Sarah is allowed to make such a rich drink on a regular basis. I could see it being considered an "idol," especially since it takes extra equipment to make. 

I mean, I don't think mochas are all that crazy of a beverage but I definitely would've expected the family to drink black coffee. I thought the mochas/fancier drinks would be for special occasions... so color me surprised. 

I take my coffee like my soul (blacker than the blackest black times infinity), and people are sometimes taken aback by that, because I look like the sort of girl who holds up the line at Starbucks. Is black coffee considered unfeminine? Maybe that's it. 

18 minutes ago, Granwych said:

I like either raw whole milk

Raw whole milk is seriously the bomb.  Give me a half gallon of raw whole milk and a full box of Cheerios -- two days, max, and it's all gone.  I can't be alone with it in the house. 

I'm purposing to pray over the Maxwells. I'm concerned that those precious girls are making an idol out of coffee.

Since I have only ever consumed "Canadian" milk I can't comment on its flavour compared to other milks.  But, yes, ours still comes in plastic bags that you put in a jug.

canadianmilkjug-248x300.jpg

My relatives in Wisconsin had milk in plastic bags. I've never seen it here in CA.

I don't usually drink coffee because it's like poop through a goose for me. I'm more a passion tea/lemonade sweet kinda gal. 

Mocha... I drank that every morning when I was in school in France during the 70's. With huge buns. 

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Skim. Skim milk is water that is lying about being milk. 

I take my coffee like my soul (blacker than the blackest black times infinity), and people are sometimes taken aback by that, because I look like the sort of girl who holds up the line at Starbucks. Is black coffee considered unfeminine? Maybe that's it. 

I started out drinking black coffee and can’t stand anything else. Floofy drinks just don’t do it for me.  And don’t get me started on  the abomination that is iced coffee. 

I have to have lots of sugar and cream or it's a no go for me. I drink coffee very rarely I don't think I've had any for almost a year. 

Of course they devoted an entire blog post to coffee:  they do live in Maxwell House. *ducks*

I don't like the taste of coffee, but I LOVE the smell...go fig.

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

i don't drink coffee (see below), but if i did, it would be black.  i refuse to put anything in my Earl Grey tea; i want it to taste like tea, so there's no need for sugar, milk turns it an opaque tan on par with baby shit, and the lemon goes in my diet pepsi, thankyouverymuch.

5 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I don't like the taste of coffee, but I LOVE the smell...go fig.

you and i must be long-lost twins!!!1!!  i have even bought coffee-scented candles because i love the smell so much.  but i just an't handle the taste.

11 hours ago, defraudingjezebel said:

Jesse likes his black and strong. At least according to his birthday post every damn year.

I never could develop a taste for coffee.  If I go with a friend to a coffee shop I order a hot chocolate.

23 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Jesse likes his black and strong. At least according to his birthday post every damn year.

Just like his men!

....sorry, I couldn't resist. 

3 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Just like his men!

....sorry, I couldn't resist. 

OMG, after all these years, you can still read my mind, BFF

the Reason Steve is okay with the Idol Coffee and not say Pepsi is because of all those links Sarah shared in the blog post. you know that money goes to bless the ministry after all. :roll:

I hear her. I could make an entire page long post all about coffee. I’d ramble and opine so much I’d start to get the ‘move on’ downvotes :D 

Archived