IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates: Part 5

Jellybean

6 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I don't follow the Bates much, but when I saw pics of Whitney's vow removal and that modern but not completely modest dress, I had to check in. 

Why?! These two have been together less than a decade, a vow renewal with fancy dresses and the whole nine yards seems ridiculous, and is definitely not frugal. It's not like there's any shortage of courtships, weddings, and precious blessings for the show to cover, why do these two get a vow renewal?

It was explained on the show as a way so her biological parents could attend her weddding, since they were not in the first one (at that time they had a estrained relationship, and her adoptive parents were present). But she probably also wanted new photos, the frumpy first wedding didnt exactly match with her new style.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/3/2018 at 6:52 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Do we know for sure Jill was kicked out? I know she deleted the post but was it confirmed why? I don’t remember reading that? The ofjill thread moves at a snails pace for topics (I find) lately. but a lightening spead for pages. Maybe I missed it. 

Someone shared a private message they had between FabFitFun where they explained they will do a better job at picking influensers next time or something like that. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Someone shared a private message they had between FabFitFun where they explained they will do a better job at picking influensers next time or something like that. 

TBH i think its unfair they kicked Jill out just because of Derick opinions, they are diferent people, and also its not like she was the only person with hateful believes doing fatbinfun, we even know of other fundies doing it. There is also tons of mormons doing it, and their church is not exactly tolerant either.

7 minutes ago, llucie said:

TBH i think its unfair they kicked Jill out just because of Derick opinions, they are diferent people, and also its not like she was the only person with hateful believes doing fatbinfun, we even know of other fundies doing it. There is also tons of mormons doing it, and their church is not exactly tolerant either.

Eh, Jill shares those same opinions as her husband and they are a toxic unit. I'm fine with it. 

I'll never understand why Whitney got a pass here. These people all have the same evil beliefs. The Bates are just better spin doctors. IMO, that makes them more dangerous than the Dillards/Duggars.

People care less about the Bates and they aren't as well known. FFF doesn't care if someone is a bigot, they care about making money. If a well known bigot is associated w/ their business and it upsets their costumers, that's why they care. If enough people complained about Whitney, they would probably pull her. 

Then again, the Bates name isn't as tainted as the Duggars, so I'm probably wrong. It all depends on how well she does getting other people to buy boxes.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Eh, Jill shares those same opinions as her husband and they are a toxic unit. I'm fine with it. 

But she didnt publicy express them, and if holding those beliefs in private is reason enought to being baned from fatbinfun then everyone should be accountable, not just Jill. Whitney, Alyssa, all the other Duggars, all the mormon youtuber moms, etc. The way they did it seems like a personal attack against Jill, and with little justification. It could even be considererd discrimination to fire someone of his job (because fatbitfun is a job) because of the believes they may have.

Jill is a misfit for this type of job, no matter her beliefs. Not everyone is equally suited for every job. Unfortunately, Jill has not shown the skills, temperament or aptitude for any of the jobs which she has tried to date.  Jill is a good follower. She is a person who is very dependent on someone telling her what to do and how to do it. Plus she's just so socially awkward.

According to @FrozenSmile, John and Abbie asked people not to post anything from the wedding on social media until the 14th. I wonder if Whit thought she was exempt or just didn't care? 

Is it just me or does she seem to be in Jill Duggar territory of trying to convince everyone how perfect her husband and life is?  More than most of these tedious suck monkeys?

54 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

According to @FrozenSmile, John and Abbie asked people not to post anything from the wedding on social media until the 14th. I wonder if Whit thought she was exempt or just didn't care? 

Nah, they think they’re exempt. Gil (i think it was Gil, anyway) had his phone out & was filming away during parts of the ceremony. 

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is it just me or does she seem to be in Jill Duggar territory of trying to convince everyone how perfect her husband and life is?  More than most of these tedious suck monkeys?

Yeah, completely. I think she does this a lot actually, she's just a lot better at it than Jill.

Both because she's less obvious/desperate about it and because she and Zach come off a lot better in general. (They look great, don't harass teenagers on the twitter, haven't discussed politics in a bit.)

I think they probably meant not to post any pictures of the bride, wedding party, etc. I'm guessing selfies without a lot of identifiable stuff in the background would be considered fine.

38 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think they probably meant not to post any pictures of the bride, wedding party, etc. I'm guessing selfies without a lot of identifiable stuff in the background would be considered fine.

But the second picture in that insta post was of the bride!

16 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I don’t get why the 14th. They are not putting anything out there that hasn’t been seen already. Maybe the “14th” was broughtforward after it was announced and hence the posting. 

21 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Well then scratch everything I said. I did not realize there was a second picture! Derp. :pb_lol:

This is the FabFitFun post. They probably weren't too sad about it given how bad her post was, too! You'd think anyone would have looked at her feed and gone "..nah." Compare it to the "staged but totes natural" way Whitney (and other successful mom influencers) does hers and Jill never stood a chance. I guess FFF were trying to monetise the fundies and also possibly realised there's not enough money there to put up with the flack. 

fff.jpg

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived