IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates: Part 5

Jellybean

Do we have any idea if Whitney even liked the Owens that much/if they treated her well/lived with them because she choose them? Smiley photos don’t say anything as does having your family at the wedding. (I think it significant that her Bio family was seemingly not in attendance).

The Owens are still a very religious family (iirc) so who knows how nice it was to live with them.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/8/2018 at 10:23 AM, nokidsmom said:

@JillRodsEyeliner, I not a fan of white cabinets either.   I had while cabinets in one of my apartments before buying our house and let's just say I consider myself lucky I got sick of that color so it was never considered when I consulted with the builder designer while choosing cabinets, fixtures and carpet for the house.  

The original oak ones looked fine to me but to each his own.

I love the white cabinet trend. I have it in my own kitchen. :my_angel:

On 4/15/2018 at 11:43 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

I can't answer your second question but i can kind of answer your first question. even today Whitney is very close to Katie. Katie had been a chaperone for her and Zach alot during their courtship.  Micheal does not like being in wedding parties. she was in Alyssa's i believe  and Tori's but declined being in Erin's so no surprise she wasn't in Whitney's the next two are just a bit of conjecture on my part. 

Erin had just married chad a month before Zach and Whit married I doubt she had time to put in to being in Whit's wedding also, and Tori was Erin's MOH so I give her the same reason for not being in the wedding party.  

You also have to remember that Whitney was born in September of 1993 so Katie is barely 7 years younger then her. Carlin is only about 4 and a half years younger and Josie not exactly 6 years . so really the age gaps  are not that big. 

Whitney was very close to Josie. In many episodes she has had Josie over to their house alone or on an outing and mentioned that Josie was their main chaperone. I’ve never heard her saying anything about Katie.

• 2 weeks later...

Whitney reminding us that her husband is hot:

Gave me a bit of second hand embarrassment with Gil and several of Zach's brothers also being in the first picture :pb_rollseyes: 

I feel bad that my immediate reaction to Whitney's post was

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=11411653

21 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Also she has to remind us that he's a boy with the symbol as an emoji.

Of course we know he's a boy. He's wearing pants! Only boys wear pants!! :grin:

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I feel bad that my immediate reaction to Whitney's post was

Hide contents

tenor.gif?itemid=11411653

Awww I feel bad for laughing. I would say Zack is cute, not hot. But if she finds him hot then I guess that’s all that matters. 

On 04/05/2018 at 4:53 PM, candygirl200413 said:

Also she has to remind us that he's a boy with the symbol as an emoji.

Ah so, can't blame Whit for that one here. *puts on tech nerd hat* If the device or application you're looking at the post on doesn't have certain emojis, it will display the closest one it can. For emojis of people, some older emoji libraries don't have male or female versions, so if someone's using a NEWER version and they put (say) a male builder emoji, you'll see the old builder emoji plus a male icon to say she used specifically the male version. 

I only know this because the daily mail once made a huge deal out of a pregnant celebrity using a female symbol on a post and thought it was her subtly declaring the sex of her baby, but it turned out it was the same thing, lol. 

They''re apparently going to the gym together again as per her IG Story. 

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

They''re apparently going to the gym together again as per her IG Story. 

I think Zach is delighted with his modern wife&life. I can picture him having nightmares where he has a frumpy wife and 10 kids under an old roof.

Who is the young lad in red with unfortunate ears?

Also, I would never call my husband a #beast in public.

42 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

His name is Warden.

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Especially when his creepy dad is also in the picture. :my_sick:

On 22/4/2018 at 2:36 PM, Seculardaisy said:

I love the white cabinet trend. I have it in my own kitchen. :my_angel:

Whitney was very close to Josie. In many episodes she has had Josie over to their house alone or on an outing and mentioned that Josie was their main chaperone. I’ve never heard her saying anything about Katie.

Katie was a bridesmaid for Whit and yes, they are very close. I remember a talking head or a clip of BUB where she said she was the closest to Josie and Katie. She does seem closest to Josie. 

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I bet he will eventually grow into his ears. He is still in puberty and proportions are still a little off. The early teen years are so awkward. I won’t even describe myself. Awkward would be an understatement. 

Whitney answered a question during tonight’s live stream and said they “definitely plan to homeschool.” Not sure if she’s ever officially said that before or not, but if not, I’m sorry to burst the bubble of all those who hoped Zachney were moving more toward mainstream Christian and might send their kids to a private Christian school. 

16 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Whitney answered a question during tonight’s live stream and said they “definitely plan to homeschool.”

Aww damn :( 

@Mayluka that actually really does burst my bubble. I wonder if Zach said he was already compromising by family planning and his children would be homeschooled. But probably they are both just as fundie as before and I got my hopes up for nothing. Classic FJ right? (Or maybe classic naive FJers is more accurate!) 

Well when she first got married she said they would definitely be leaving the number of children up to God. When that proved to be hard she changed her mind. Bradley isn't even 4 yet. She might try it for a year or two but I can't see her following through with it. 

30 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

@Mayluka that actually really does burst my bubble. I wonder if Zach said he was already compromising by family planning and his children would be homeschooled. But probably they are both just as fundie as before and I got my hopes up for nothing. Classic FJ right? (Or maybe classic naive FJers is more accurate!) 

Please don't feel badly about getting your hopes up. As an eternal optimist, I always hoped that, one day, Charlie Brown would kick that football. 

7 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

Well when she first got married she said they would definitely be leaving the number of children up to God. When that proved to be hard she changed her mind. Bradley isn't even 4 yet. She might try it for a year or two but I can't see her following through with it. 

Do we actually know for sure that she changed her mind, though? I know the fact that she's not pregnant again and certain things she's said make it seem that way, but maybe they're still quiverfull and she just hasn't gotten pregnant again yet.

But the reality is that a lot of very conservative Christians choose to homeschool, and most of them aren't quiverfull. They can be super extreme about all kinds of other things, but even most conservative homeschooling evangelicals are okay with some form of family planning. Quiverfull is the extreme of the extreme.

She was commited to skirts only. She was commited to be a SAHM. She was commited to be quiverful.

She wears jeans, works and has a few children.

Bradley and Kaci will be homeschool if there's someone at Bates senior home ready to do that. Tori or another daughter or maybe a daughter in law. Or will be homeschooled by Whitney while going most of the time to a co-op.

And I'm not saying that thinking they are mainstream. No, they are deeply fundie. But I'm sure Whitney won't be in charge of homeschooling because she clearly prefers to be out of home. And as we are seeing, Whitney is able to design the life she wants. 

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

She was commited to skirts only. She was commited to be a SAHM. She was commited to be quiverful.

Bradley and Kaci will be homeschool if there's someone at Bates senior home ready to do that. Tori or another daughter or maybe a daughter in law. Or will be homeschooled by Whitney while going most of the time to a co-op.

And I'm not saying that thinking they are mainstream. No, they are deeply fundie. But I'm sure Whitney won't be in charge of homeschooling because she clearly prefers to be out of home. And as we are seeing, Whitney is able to design the life she wants. 

Yes, they are both Fundie. There is no one denying that. I hope that they will do as before and be able to make a new decision when they realise that their initial plan isn’t working for them. Whitney (and Zach) plans to homeschool but I feel like they are willing to search for alternatives when homeschooling doesn’t turn out as they hoped.

I am sure neither Whitney nor Zach are going to change their beliefs on the core values (anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ....) but for me they are bending/breaking the more “social rules” of their particular cult. For me, this is enough to be hopeful and happy because it opens the door to more changes down the line (next generation). 

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Also, homeschool doesn't necessarily mean bad school (I know we know this), but I mean that any changes (or non-changes) in the home will probably also be reflected in their schooling. If Zach and Whitney are mainstream conservative Christians, for example (and whatever that means), then so too will the homeschooling be. In theory. 

Or she was just saying that because she was sitting with her in-laws. The same way she said she'd wear skirts and leave her family planning up to God. Then she goes and does as she likes...

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived