IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen: Part 4

Jellybean

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I was there in July. You ain't kidding. The Canada tax (15%?....can't remember already) and the approximate 6% Niagara tax made our 3 people IHOP check, including a children's meal over $100 (CAD). Speaking of IHOP, there seemed to be one every few blocks. I loved the Falls though. Wonder if they enjoyed Clifton Hill. 

We charged the whole damn trip because it was so much more than we had realized. Our running joke was "It's ok! It's in Canadian dollars!" since their dollar was slightly cheaper than ours. I wouldn't change a thing though. It was a great time. Then we drove home through the finger lakes region. Just stunning. ❤️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I'm not a big fun on pregnancy speculation based on looks either. Jessa has made some posts that would imply she's rather self conscious about her postpartum body, so it feels kind of mean to be constantly saying she looks pregnant. 

I'm not anti pregnancy speculation, I do it all the time. But usually base it off of things like time since last kid (especially for those that have pretty consistent spacing like Anna or braggie) or if they post pictures from a family photo shoot.  Things that are less likely to make anyone feel bad.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I think pregnancy speculation (especially based on the woman's body) about a couple that's been struggling with infertility for over three years is a special kind of rude.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

I think pregnancy speculation (especially based on the woman's body) about a couple that's been struggling with infertility for over three years is a special kind of rude.

I absolutely agree. The speculation bugs me a bit about anyone*, but it’s especially rude when someone like Michael (and Brandon) is the target. She’s made it clear that they’re struggling and that it’s been an emotionally painful experience thus far. It just strikes me as really cruel to speculate about whether she’s pregnant based off what they’ve chosen to share publicly. 

*Partly because you never know what someone may be going through. I had people tell me it was “our turn next!” and that holding a baby was a great look for me after my nephew was born. None of them knew I had just lost a pregnancy. Those comments hurt so badly in the moment and it’s why I purposely avoid making comments like that to other couples. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

Depends on when you go to Niagara Falls, summer and weekends (Friday & Saturday nights) are much more expensive.  We go Sunday or during the week and rooms are much cheaper and the crowds are fairly non-existent.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I absolutely agree. The speculation bugs me a bit about anyone*, but it’s especially rude when someone like Michael (and Brandon) is the target. She’s made it clear that they’re struggling and that it’s been an emotionally painful experience thus far. It just strikes me as really cruel to speculate about whether she’s pregnant based off what they’ve chosen to share publicly. 

*Partly because you never know what someone may be going through. I had people tell me it was “our turn next!” and that holding a baby was a great look for me after my nephew was born. None of them knew I had just lost a pregnancy. Those comments hurt so badly in the moment and it’s why I purposely avoid making comments like that to other couples. 

We have a similar story regarding fertility. Nonetheless I disagree.

No one here (as far as I know) talks to Michael in person or comments on her account. That would be cruel indeed. No matter if someone means well because everyone and their cat knows that they struggle.

Michael does not read here (and it is her choice if she does) and I guess all the comments about her husband in previous threads might actually be more hurtful. The fact alone that there is a thread on a forum where strangers talk about her seems much more bothersome to me.

I don’t speculate myself because I don’t see things in photos or just guess they  put on some weight and in Michaels case- I just feel like it is not going to happen (at least in the next 5 years).

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1
  • WTF 1

20 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t speculate myself because I don’t see things in photos or just guess they  put on some weight and in Michaels case- I just feel like it is not going to happen (at least in the next 5 years).

On what planet is this not pointless, idle speculation?

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

On what planet is this not pointless, idle speculation?

touché

You are right. I might have not checked myself well enough. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/2/2018 at 2:47 PM, VBOY9977 said:

So I know we have mentioned before that Michael and Brandon always do the same pose on their pictures but a blessed soul on tumblr actually took the time to do this ?

Seriously can’t they like at least switch sides or something?

BA4B42B2-E634-4E3F-AC4C-B2E63E89920D.jpeg

They know their angles. ;)

• Haha 2

The oostnwith all the nieces and nephews made me well a little bit. Infertility is a bitch. I know she’s got lots of time, but it’s still so painful.  

• Upvote 11

• 2 weeks later...

There are some amazing wineries in the Niagara area, but somehow I think Michaela and Brandon avoided them. Love going there in October. Crisp air and beautiful colours. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, QuiverDance said:

The oostnwith all the nieces and nephews made me well a little bit. Infertility is a bitch. I know she’s got lots of time, but it’s still so painful.  

It bothers me that they won't try IVF/ICSI, because it might help. Honestly, I don't think God would care. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

I was shocked when I read the apple cider but then I realized that in the US that is actually non-alcoholic ?

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

On 11/1/2018 at 3:50 AM, SorenaJ said:

It bothers me that they won't try IVF/ICSI, because it might help. Honestly, I don't think God would care. 

Deciding to do IVF is a very personal decision. I don't know if its been determined if their cult allows IVF or not but I wouldn't fault them for choosing not to do it even if it was allowed. Its not for everyone. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Every time I see a post like this it reads to me like it's sent from the people who live in Barbie's dreamhouse.

I get it - I don't spew all my discontent on any of the internets for all to see...but this whole gliding through life on a cloud of bliss...

I have friends who do this on FB and even though I know the facade isn't the whole story it still makes me feel inadequate and kinda shitty...even if momentarily.

In fundyspeak when does it cross the line into vanity/pride/whatever sin it falls under?  Look at how awesome my life is.  Look at how wonderful we are.  Look at what I have that many of you can only wish for.

I'm not saying I know their motivations...but it just reeks of that to me.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

@HerNameIsBuffy With Michael I feel that pang. But then...less, because I (we) know whatever she posts there is definitely a lot she is not saying. That woman is working hard on her contentedness. And she has to be feeling a fuckton of pressure from life and the world and herself that I don’t envy or frankly even comprehend.

Then I feel better.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Every time I see a post like this it reads to me like it's sent from the people who live in Barbie's dreamhouse.

I get it - I don't spew all my discontent on any of the internets for all to see...but this whole gliding through life on a cloud of bliss...

I have friends who do this on FB and even though I know the facade isn't the whole story it still makes me feel inadequate and kinda shitty...even if momentarily.

In fundyspeak when does it cross the line into vanity/pride/whatever sin it falls under?  Look at how awesome my life is.  Look at how wonderful we are.  Look at what I have that many of you can only wish for.

I'm not saying I know their motivations...but it just reeks of that to me.

I completely agree. I have a happy marriage but would never gush about it like that on social media because it just seems really insensitive to my single friends who want a relationship. 

Jill Duggar is so snarkable with her constant #bestpapaever #manofmydreams posts because it's so obvious that Derick is far from a great catch, but if he were fantastic it would still be in bad taste, in my opinion. The Bates in particular really seem to love showing off on social media though. Erin and Whit and Alyssa have the perfect families, Whit and Carlin and Lawson are showing off how attractive they are, Lawson shows off his work with sick kids and natural disaster responses. They have posted pictures of themselves praying, which goes directly against what it says in the Bible about not being pious for show like the Pharisees, but instead worshiping and being good without calling attention to it. 

The Bates seem to think that calling attention to themselves is actually a ministry, and that showing off how perfect and godly they are will encourage other people to live like they do. Which is maybe not wrong in terms of converting people to their lifestyle, but it's far from how Jesus said to behave. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

On 11/2/2018 at 6:14 PM, JesSky03 said:

Deciding to do IVF is a very personal decision. I don't know if its been determined if their cult allows IVF or not but I wouldn't fault them for choosing not to do it even if it was allowed. Its not for everyone. 

I don't think they allow IVF because it involves fertilizing multiple eggs at the same time and only putting one or two back. The others are frozen or destroyed which is against their pro-life believes. It might be allowed if they only fertilize two eggs and put them both back.

• Upvote 3

Evangelical Christians are definitely not all opposed to IVF, although I think most believe that you should not leave any leftover embryos unused. Quiverfull is a different story though. I guess it depends on whether they interpret the belief as don’t interfere with God’s plan about how many children you have vs. be fruitful and multiply whatever it takes. If it’s the latter then IVF shouldn’t be a problem. 

The thing that’s so tragic about Michael’s situation, and what I think people are alluding to when they say they want her to do IVF, is that this isn’t a choice for her. She has to obey her religion and her headship and find contentment in her misery. Doing IVF is a very personal, individual choice, but it’s one that Michael is not being allowed to make!

I’m surprised there has been no mention of her doing embryo adoption. Nightlight is a Christian ministry/“adoption” agency designed to save all the frozen embryos that heathen secularists have discarded. That would allow Michael to experience being pregnant and giving birth, and also “save” a baby.

• Upvote 6

We cannot really say what options she has. From my memory they stated she is even hyper ovulating. That means the eggs don’t get fertilised or they cannot implant in the uterus. Or a hundred different things.

No matter what the problem is - I think it is a wise decision to take a break. Not every wish has to be fulfilled. It is important to really think about how far one wants to go on this journey and when it’s time to stop. Doesn’t mean you can’t still grieve even if you don’t want to explore all options available.

• Upvote 5

I won't be able to stand the hypocrisy if they do IVF.

No birth control, because you leave that up to god to trust how many you can handle. Well He is telling you none. Trust God. (snark).

You cant have it both ways in my opinion. No medical or barrier method to stop them no medical intervention to make them.  

My take on Micheala is that she is struggling with the "answer" God has given her, which is no kids for you. Rightly so, to struggle, in my opinion. That kind of narrow thinking aka "faith" must suck to reconcile with in your head.

God told me "no kids" (various reasons), I used my free will and went and got me some IVF and got me a beautiful bouncing happy baby. I am about to try again.  

Micheala is trapped by her beliefs she either changes them or has a miracle. That is the only way to get baby if she is truly wants a genetic baby of her own.

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I won't be able to stand the hypocrisy if they do IVF.

No birth control, because you leave that up to god to trust how many you can handle. Well He is telling you none. Trust God. (snark).

You cant have it both ways in my opinion. No medical or barrier method to stop them no medical intervention to make them.  

My take on Micheala is that she is struggling with the "answer" God has given her, which is no kids for you. Rightly so, to struggle, in my opinion. That kind of narrow thinking aka "faith" must suck to reconcile with in your head.

God told me "no kids" (various reasons), I used my free will and went and got me some IVF and got me a beautiful bouncing happy baby. I am about to try again.  

Micheala is trapped by her beliefs she either changes them or has a miracle. That is the only way to get baby if she is truly wants a genetic baby of her own.

Ignore this post i thought i had a typo

Edited by AussieKrissy

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic