IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen: Part 4

Jellybean

25 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That girl is thirsty if she's hashtagging her friends' names too. :pb_lol: 

Out of those three, Michael is the only one that doesn’t come across thirsty AF. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Apparently I'm out of the loop - what do you guys mean by 'thirsty' in their context? Like attention seeking?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Apparently I'm out of the loop - what do you guys mean by 'thirsty' in their context? Like attention seeking?

Yeah. There are a lot of attention whores in fundie land it seems. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That girl is thirsty if she's hashtagging her friends' names too. :pb_lol: 

RIGHT? I thought that was really tacky. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/11/2018 at 7:54 PM, singsingsing said:

I often wonder how these people sleep at night, knowing that the group most repeatedly and harshly condemned by Jesus were religious hypocrites.

This. I'm not religious, but I went to Catholic school for 12 years, so I've studied the bible. Jesus doesn't just condemn religious hypocrites, he lashes out and starts flipping tables over them (okay maybe that's more people who try to profit off of religon, but it's similar). Jesus never shows anger towards pagans or foreingers or homosexuals or women or any of the other groups that so-called Christians hate, but he does show repeated anger to those religious hypocrites who care more about dogma than actually helping their "least brothers." 

I get so angry when I see people like the Bates and Duggars shout to the hills about how godly they are, but then support a man who assaults women and is doing everything he can to make the lives of POCs and immigrants hell. 

Heathen Stephen Colbert is a much better Christian than them. 

Edited by BernRul
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 7

@BernRul I totally agree with everything you said. I just want to point out (for anyone who might not know) that Stephen Colbert is actually a practicing Catholic. But oh wait, I forgot - Catholics aren't "real" Christians. Silly me! :my_rolleyes:

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

@singsingsing Yeah, Colbert is both a liberal and a Catholic, so that's two strikes against him.

On an unrelated note, I cracked up when I saw that my post count was "19 Posts and Counting." I'm going to miss that lol. 

• Upvote 10

IIRC, Stephen Colbert not only is a practicing Catholic, he also teaches Sunday school/CCD.   (CCD stands for Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, the Catholic name for religious ed.)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 5/12/2018 at 9:17 PM, BernRul said:

but then support a man who assaults women and is doing everything he can to make the lives of POCs and immigrants hell

It really isn't out of character for them. Gil and Kelly sent their own daughters off to travel with a man who had a reputation for sexually assaulting teen girls. The Duggars covered up sexual abuse in their own home. The Bates put up a shrine to white supremacy. Showing loyalty to a racist who sexually abuses women is the norm for them. They are willing to over look all the other stuff because he promises to oppress who they have always wanted to oppress. Godly to them involves overlooking sexual abuse and racism and then oppressing people. They won't see the hypocrisy because in their minds they aren't supporting anything that isn't godly. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Since we were just talking about a Collingsworth (visiting Michael and their love of Trump) I want to cleanse everyone’s palate with this Collingsworth baby and his adorable chubby thighs.  

DAF03D0E-48A4-4A14-8022-14046DFEB8C1.png

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

• 4 weeks later...

So I guess Micheal's phone got broken and she finally fixed it so that's why she has been silent on social media. she has posted a few new pics from her visit for the graduation and a Zoey birth announcement they got in the mail. sounds like the Keillens are headed to Florida next week to meet Zoey. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 6/9/2018 at 6:25 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

So I guess Micheal's phone got broken and she finally fixed it so that's why she has been silent on social media. she has posted a few new pics from her visit for the graduation and a Zoey birth announcement they got in the mail. sounds like the Keillens are headed to Florida next week to meet Zoey. 

Birth announcements have changed so much since my kids were born. I don’t think they were really popular way back when but if they were sent they were just text on a card. :P

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I like those birth announcements. High-quality photo cards can be made online pretty easily and affordably, and it lessens the "just a number" view of kids for me. That is, if Alyssa and John send out announcements like that for baby #12 too. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Initial takeaways: 

1. I finally know how to say his last name. Definitely was reading it as KEE-lin instead of KY-lin. 

2. I always liked Brandon for being quiet and not a rhapsodizing fundie-man douchecanoe. But he really does come across as your run-of-the-mill arrogant fundie-man douchecanoe.

Looking forward to the snarking to come on this. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Apart from the obvious :pb_rollseyes: factor of this whole project, this is such a badly made video. Why include bible verses if you only show them there for a split second? I'm a fast reader, and I had no chance of actually reading the whole verses before they disappeared again. So awkward.

• Upvote 4

I don't keep up with the bates very well can anyone catch me up on if they found a cause for their fertility issues? 

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

I don't keep up with the bates very well can anyone catch me up on if they found a cause for their fertility issues? 

As far as we know, they haven’t. Michael had some tests done, I think they flushed her tubes, and I think they met with Dr. Vick too. Michael had a chat with Erin (on the show) where she mentioned they were going to take a break at some point and that they might consider adopting in the future. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

I wonder, if surrogacy were an option for them, if they’d ever consider it. I can just see each of the sisters taking turns being pregnant with Michael’s babies, and everyone telling them how selfless they are while they are each secretly relieved to have a Godly way of spacing their own children a little further apart. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

On 6/15/2018 at 5:47 PM, VelociRapture said:

As far as we know, they haven’t. Michael had some tests done, I think they flushed her tubes, and I think they met with Dr. Vick too. Michael had a chat with Erin (on the show) where she mentioned they were going to take a break at some point and that they might consider adopting in the future. 

Taking a break sounds like a healthy idea but if you don’t prevent I cannot see how you couldn’t be full hope every time.

When we started trying I thought hard about the opportunity that it might just not happen. There are enough people with medical or unexplainable infertility. I always knew I wanted kids but when it started to become a real opportunity it was important for me to realise that it is not fully in my hands and that there might be a point to give up on this dream, preferably without being heartbroken and bitter for the rest of my life (which would have been a real opportunity for my character).

Now, it looks like our dream will come true in under a hundred days and I am deeply grateful for that.

• Love 23

9 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Taking a break sounds like a healthy idea but if you don’t prevent I cannot see how you couldn’t be full hope every time.

When we started trying I thought hard about the opportunity that it might just not happen. There are enough people with medical or unexplainable infertility. I always knew I wanted kids but when it started to become a real opportunity it was important for me to realise that it is not fully in my hands and that there might be a point to give up on this dream, preferably without being heartbroken and bitter for the rest of my life (which would have been a real opportunity for my character).

Now, it looks like our dream will come true in under a hundred days and I am deeply grateful for that.

I think she meant they’d take a break from all the testing, not from trying in general. I do think that could be a healthy choice too - testing can be expensive and it can put a woman’s body through a lot. I hope that even if they never get pregnant that they at least get some sort of answers at some point. 

It sounds like you had a healthy mindset going into trying. My husband and I didn’t give it too much thought, which is partly why we were so shocked when I miscarried our first. It definitely made us much more cautious in our hopes and thinking during my second pregnancy and now, when we’re hoping to get the all clear to try for another baby. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

My son dated a girl for four years in high school.I rode with her Mom for a Marching Band competition one year.She told me that she and her husband were married for 13 years before they had the first daughter,and that when she had the younger daughter,the one my son dated,she was 38.She did not give me elaborate details but told me she had thought that they may not have any children.She added that she was an older Mom,she said she got married at 18.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Michael looks so sad in her latest pics with the nieces and nephews. Her smile no longer reaches her eyes. It’s hard not to feel pained for her. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I think she meant they’d take a break from all the testing, not from trying in general. I do think that could be a healthy choice too - testing can be expensive and it can put a woman’s body through a lot. I hope that even if they never get pregnant that they at least get some sort of answers at some point. 

It sounds like you had a healthy mindset going into trying. My husband and I didn’t give it too much thought, which is partly why we were so shocked when I miscarried our first. It definitely made us much more cautious in our hopes and thinking during my second pregnancy and now, when we’re hoping to get the all clear to try for another baby. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! 

Thanks. It was still a massive shock when I misscarried our first child. While I had thought about not being able to conceive I never thought something would go wrong once I got pregnant. Even though I knew the statistics. I believe you can never be really prepared for something like this. 

Hopefully you will get cleared and we can all celebrate VelociBaby #2 with you soon.

• Love 13

17 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I believe when she got her tube cleared out Dr Vick told her to wait at least one cycle before trying again. 

pics from this weekend

Spoiler

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic