IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen: Part 4

Jellybean

1 minute ago, kmachete14 said:

I’ll eat my words. They are moving to TN and Michaela is going to nursing school. 

I didn’t have any words written out but I was definitely in agreement that she would never save enough for nursing school and he was only placating her. I’ve not been this happy to be wrong in a long time. 

Do we assume she will go to Crown’s new program?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I wonder how he will provide for them. He must have something since their moving now and she’s not starting school until the fall.

http://

• Upvote 9

I’m thinking maybe Gil will employ Brandon in his church (?).

I am excited for Michael, she deserves happiness 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

yay for nursing school! not so yay for moving back next to her parents...

And i hope its not the nursing program at crown.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

She'll make a great nurse.  I really hope that she is in an accredited program.  If this is really real and she becomes a nurse I think it will give her great fulfillment.  Especially if she worked with kids or babies. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

You know what? Good for both of them - Michael for pursuing a dream and Brandon for appearing to be a supportive spouse. I hope it’s a legitimate and accredited program and that she doesn’t end up raising her younger siblings for her parents again.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

You guys think this will be for real nursing or more like that “medical office billing” nursing business?

Either way I think it’s wonderful and especially so that Brandon obviously dotes on her and wants her to be happy.

1 hour ago, Andrea said:

Hopefully this doesn't mean she will now have to babysit the million kids and go back to helping Kelly do everything!

#thatsapossibility

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Maybe Michaela can get a job in Dr. Vick's office?

I'd be surprised if she doesn't go to Crown.

Wonder if Brandon is still working for IBLP (remotely, perhaps?) or has found other work in TN.  I suppose, given the family connections, that it wouldn't be too hard for him to find a job.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I don't know whether to be excited for Michael or feel badly for Brandon for losing his independence with his wife. They seem happy together, and they also seem like they like spending time together.  I love the idea of Michael going to nursing school, but I have a feeling the Bates borg will swallow up much of her non-studying time. I know many on this board were surprised, with the contracting of IBLP that Brandon didn't have to move when David Waller moved, so Brandon may have seen this as a good opportunity to jump off a sinking ship. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Michaela will be pretty busy with school, her own household and of course - taking care of her younger siblings and making sure the Bateses house doesn't turn into a nasty mess once Carlin moves out.

Snark aside - I'm happy for her and hope that she has the ability to pursue a real degree. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Rik_Bik said:

Kelly will never have to do any work in her house again :pb_rollseyes:

I think this is where the whole (distasteful) headship and transfer of authority set up could be used in a positive way, Brandon could 'step in' to 'guide' his wife and ensure she maintains a 'Godly balance' in her life (doesn't become the family skivvy again).

Shame I can't see it happening though.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I think this is absolutely happening right now because Carlin is about to leave and Kelly needs help.  I wonder if she agreed to help pay for nursing school if Michaela moved back. 

I do think it will be good for Callie to have her mother back, though, and Michaela does seem to really enjoy being with the kids. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I totally understand people's fears that Kelly will use Michael as her housekeeper/nanny/maid/etc. again. On the other hand, and I realize we only ever get a small glimpse into their actual lives, Michael has always seemed terribly isolated to me in Chicago. She didn't have a baby shortly after marriage like all of her siblings and the vast majority of her married friends. From all we've seen, it never looked like she made many/any friends in Chicago, either by herself or couple friends (especially after the Staddons moved to Big Sandy). She didn't have a job outside the home like she did back in Tennessee, and IIRC she finished her schooling online a few months after her wedding. I've often wondered what she does with her time, with Brandon presumably working all day. Yes, she had her sewing business, and I'm sure she spent some time catching up with her siblings and friends every day. But it has always seemed like an incredibly lonely existence to me, and not by choice.

So as much as I hope that Kelly doesn't rope her into too much work, I think this move is going to be very positive for Michael. I am sure she is thrilled to be close to her family again. It always seemed to me like she missed them, especially her youngest siblings and nieces/nephews, terribly. AND she'll be going to nursing school and actually doing something productive that she (hopefully) enjoys while Brandon is at work all day. I think this will be great for her, and good for Brandon for supporting his wife and her dream.

Lastly, hopefully she'll go to an accredited school and not Crown. My guess is we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by JillyO
Accidentally, somehow, submitted before I was done.
  • Upvote 23

I think they are finding something for Michael to do since she hasn't yet had a baby.  So they're calling it her 'dream.'  The first we're hearing of this dream but that's fine.  Brandon will either work remotely or work for GIl.  

• Upvote 1

Who else is moving back home? This is definitely a “come back and help your mama” move. The only positive is she will probably enjoy it and Katie will get to go out and live her life. 

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, onyourwayhome said:

Who else is moving back home? This is definitely a “come back and help your mama” move. The only positive is she will probably enjoy it and Katie will get to go out and live her life. 

Tori is moving back as well.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

I didn’t have any words written out but I was definitely in agreement that she would never save enough for nursing school and he was only placating her. I’ve not been this happy to be wrong in a long time. 

Do we assume she will go to Crown’s new program?

The University of Tennessee is doing free tuition who makes 50,000 and under and you must live in Tennessee only. Probably Michael choose to live in Tennessee because of the free tuition. 

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

I bet she's going to Crown. The college seems to offer very low tuition to Bateseses. And their classes will be focused on modesty, conversely to a real university ones. I think modesty nursing may be attractive for fundie good student girls. I imagine it's similar to the nursing classes nuns would take in the past: don't look at this, don't look at that, if you have to touch a man it's for godly purposes, etc.

I'm SURE Kelly has done something to make Michael come back. She may have negociated the tuition price or offered Michael financial help. Kelly is very manipulative, she needs a mother for her youngest 5 and she's gonna have Micheal near (and Tori, probably as a teacher). Michael will study but let's see how many weekends the young ones spend at her new home. And I'm going to be double bad now: once Erin has #4, auntie Michael will have Carson or Brook as well.

It's true that they didn't look happy in Chicago (or at least Michael didn't), but coming back is not the best prospect in my opinion.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic