IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

@urban teacher asked:

"Does anyone know if Lourdes Torres was on Judge Judy?"

Wait what? Can you elaborate? 

It was on earlier this week.  I saw it, but didn't pay enough attention to realize the plaintiff was the Lourdes.  She was suing a former boyfriend for money she gave him to pay off his credit cards.  At first she came off well, and he looked to be a jerk, but at the very end neither of them looked very sympathetic, as she smiled a lot when describing how he's just hurt because she broke his heart.

This case was discussed briefly on another board.  

Spoiler

Someone posts:
   My first impression of Lourdes Torres was positive.  JJ was giving her shit because she was late -- she missed her flight.  JJ doesn't understand why both litigants didn't take the same flight, or leave from the same airport, but oh well.  Torres doesn't get defensive or argumentative, just answers JJ's questions. 

Torres is very attractive, a college student, and suing an ex-boyfriend for return of a $9,000 loan.  JJ asks where a college student gets $9,000 and Torres responds that it was a settlement, from a lawsuit, and that she can't say what the suit was about because of a confidentiality agreement.  My mind goes right to "Which married public figure were you having an affair with?"  The ex-boyfriend says he's not bound by a confidentiality agreement and he knows what the suit was about, but JJ makes the "zip it" motion and he shuts up.  Dammit.  The settlement was enough for her to pay cash for a house, and loan the BF $9K to pay off his credit cards. 

More likely it was sexual harassment lawsuit, and after watching Torres through the rest of the case and in the hall, I'm pretty sure she instigated it with the thought of a payout in mind.  What a heartless bitch?  "Did I break his heart?  Oh, I guess so." 

I looked for Torres on FB and found one who sorta looks like her and lives in San Antonio, but she's a physics student.  Torres didn't seem bright enough for physics.  

I had recently watched Great Expectations on TCM and thought Torres was channeling Estella, the young girl being groomed by Ms. Havisham to break men's hearts.  

Another replies:
   Could this be the lawsuit? Right area of the country. The second link has a picture of her. 

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/04/17/doug-phillips-vs-lourdes-torres-manteufel-lawsuit-informational-resource-page/

https://americanpowerblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/lourdes-torres-manteufel-sues-douglas.html

Someone else chimes in:
   The sexual assault happened when she was 21, but that doesn't make it any less gross and damaging -- unless she instigated it.  Because seriously, watching the way she reacted to her ex-BF was chilling.  She was almost gleeful about his broken heart. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Dougie is officially representing Hannah Snow, AKA Hannah Van Eenoo, friend of Lady Flo. Screen snip from her web page (https://www.hannah-snow.com):

She would appear to be the first known client of the D. Winters Agency.

6 hours ago, Flossie said:

It was on earlier this week.  I saw it, but didn't pay enough attention to realize the plaintiff was the Lourdes.  She was suing a former boyfriend for money she gave him to pay off his credit cards.  At first she came off well, and he looked to be a jerk, but at the very end neither of them looked very sympathetic, as she smiled a lot when describing how he's just hurt because she broke his heart.

This case was discussed briefly on another board.  

Reveal hidden contents

Someone posts:
   My first impression of Lourdes Torres was positive.  JJ was giving her shit because she was late -- she missed her flight.  JJ doesn't understand why both litigants didn't take the same flight, or leave from the same airport, but oh well.  Torres doesn't get defensive or argumentative, just answers JJ's questions. 

Torres is very attractive, a college student, and suing an ex-boyfriend for return of a $9,000 loan.  JJ asks where a college student gets $9,000 and Torres responds that it was a settlement, from a lawsuit, and that she can't say what the suit was about because of a confidentiality agreement.  My mind goes right to "Which married public figure were you having an affair with?"  The ex-boyfriend says he's not bound by a confidentiality agreement and he knows what the suit was about, but JJ makes the "zip it" motion and he shuts up.  Dammit.  The settlement was enough for her to pay cash for a house, and loan the BF $9K to pay off his credit cards. 

More likely it was sexual harassment lawsuit, and after watching Torres through the rest of the case and in the hall, I'm pretty sure she instigated it with the thought of a payout in mind.  What a heartless bitch?  "Did I break his heart?  Oh, I guess so." 

I looked for Torres on FB and found one who sorta looks like her and lives in San Antonio, but she's a physics student.  Torres didn't seem bright enough for physics.  

I had recently watched Great Expectations on TCM and thought Torres was channeling Estella, the young girl being groomed by Ms. Havisham to break men's hearts.  

Another replies:
   Could this be the lawsuit? Right area of the country. The second link has a picture of her. 

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/04/17/doug-phillips-vs-lourdes-torres-manteufel-lawsuit-informational-resource-page/

https://americanpowerblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/lourdes-torres-manteufel-sues-douglas.html

Someone else chimes in:
   The sexual assault happened when she was 21, but that doesn't make it any less gross and damaging -- unless she instigated it.  Because seriously, watching the way she reacted to her ex-BF was chilling.  She was almost gleeful about his broken heart. 

It could well be our Lourdes from my quick search.  And the other board is P-TV.  I thought it sounded like them.  :)

Many posters there are very alert and we have members who post there too.  We don't have any boards on boards rules here, thank Rufus, so it is OK to link dierectly.

I can't find the video on youtube or On Demand, but if anyone else can watch it to confirm the episode is Season 22, Episode 166.

First Aired: April 26, 2018

A woman sues her ex-fiancé for an alleged loan to pay off his debt; he claims he spent plenty of money on her when they were together. Also: A friend's wedding in Europe, allegations of cheating, and a home invasion as retaliation come into play when ex-lovers call it quits.

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

She would appear to be the first known client of the D. Winters Agency.

Poor Hannah.

I wonder whether she has twigged yet that D. Winters is a con-artist.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:37 AM, AnnaSofia said:

As with everything else, the rules don't seem to apply when you're fundy royalty.

The marriage of Kelly Leininger to Richard Welch (son of Bob Welch, one of the founders of Boerne Christian Assembly, along with Little Bear, Dougie, and Norm Wakefield) was once held up as the posterchild for parent-led courtship. You never hear a peep about their divorce.

Or the fact that their other son Robert Welch and his wife Alysa have completely cut off all contact with Welch side of the family. You won’t hear anything from Bob and Yvonne at least, Robert and Alyssa spoke out plenty and to a wide audience with Alysa saying that Bob drove her to suicidal depression. These patriarchs really know how to  fuck up their childrens lives .

16 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here already, apologies if it has -

Dougie is officially representing Hannah Snow, AKA Hannah Van Eenoo, friend of Lady Flo. Screen snip from her web page (https://www.hannah-snow.com):

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 6.32.54 PM.png

Anyone else notice that dwwintersagency.com is non-existent?

31 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Anyone else notice that dwwintersagency.com is non-existent?

When I clicked that link I got a notice that the domain had just been registered.  That is a temporary page while contents are updated.

Hi Douggie, :greetings-wavegreen:

That was fast.  Have you been reading here, again.

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

When I clicked that link I got a notice that the domain had just been registered.  That is a temporary page while contents are updated.

Hi Douggie, :greetings-wavegreen:

That was fast.  Have you been reading here, again.

If you check the WHOIS record, you'll see that it was registered back in January.

Domain Name: dwwintersagency.com
Registry Domain ID: 2207706228_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.1and1.com
Registrar URL: http://1and1.com
Updated Date: 2018-01-02T05:55:37.000Z
Creation Date: 2018-01-02T05:55:35.000Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-01-02T05:55:35.000Z
Registrar: 1&1 Internet SE

13 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

If you check the WHOIS record, you'll see that it was registered back in January.

Aw, shucks.  I thought we'd caught him red-handed reading here.

So who registered it back in January?  If it were Doug he's been pretty lackadaisical about creating the page for his fancy agency.

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It could well be our Lourdes from my quick search.  And the other board is P-TV.  I thought it sounded like them.  :)

Many posters there are very alert and we have members who post there too.  We don't have any boards on boards rules here, thank Rufus, so it is OK to link dierectly.

I can't find the video on youtube or On Demand, but if anyone else can watch it to confirm the episode is Season 22, Episode 166.

A quick trip to Lourdes' FB page shows she was in LA/Santa Monica in mid Feb.  Not that that proves anything but the timing & location would be about right.

And someone from San Antonio posted this below one picture:

Jose Lujan:  Did I see you on Judge Judy?

13 hours ago, Maxwell said:

A quick trip to Lourdes' FB page shows she was in LA/Santa Monica in mid Feb.  Not that that proves anything but the timing & location would be about right.

And someone from San Antonio posted this below one picture:

This may be way too Machiavellian, and we don't yet know if this is "our" Lourdes, but it occurs to me that a way to go public with impunity about getting a settlement from DPIAT might be to go on Judge Judy.  It would not be my choice.   However, Judge Judy is about as real as most unRealityTV.  It is not a court of law and any "judgments" are paid out of the fees paid to the actors idiots famewhores naive people who are willing to humiliate themselves subject themselves to Judge Judy's made for TV rants "judicial" decisions in public.  (I'm not a fan.  Does it show?)

P-TV seems to think it is our Lourdes.  There are a couple more posts on it over there.  This link only goes to the right page but the discussion starts with AuntiePam on Friday at O1:03.   http://forums.previously.tv/topic/4784-all-episodes-talk-all-rise/?page=344  AuntiePam didn't like Lourdes and jumps to the conclusion that she filed the (possible) sexual assault suit for the pay out.  I don't think so, AuntiePam.  Or perhaps AuntiePam has a personal beef to pick with Lourdes.  I have no idea whether she is a regular poster over on P-TV.  I don't read there very often.

For any newcomers to this thread a bit of background on Lourdes:

The same weekend that she filed the law suit against the Tool, Lourdes married a guy called Nolan Manteufel.  Nolan is a fellow survivor of BCA (the Tool's church)  and it all seemed very romantic.  Unfortunately Nolan quickly began to demonstrate very bad judgement on social media about both the case and Lourdes.  He seemed to be getting increasingly unstable.  The marriage was brief.  When Lourdes left Nolan went right off the rails. 

Here's an example:  http://cheaterland.com/lourdes-torres-manteufel-cheated-with-brian-lamar-head-ii.html   [Well now, that's interesting.  In the comments there we have a Gidon Eilat (isn't that Mark Epstein's new name) accusing another poster, "stop the cult leaders," of being TW Eston, also known as Peter Kershaw.]

None of this means that Lourdes is a bad person.  She had a brief marriage that didn't work out, and may have had several other relationships since Nolan.  Nolan isn't necessarily a bad person either.  He is very mixed up and was in dire need of therapy around then.  He also got into Jen Fishburne's counseling clutches, and I would think her idea of therapy is bullshit.  I truly hope he is doing better today.

But again.  We still don't know if the person on Judge Judy was actually "our" Lourdes.

I've known about that cheaterland site for a while now but never posted it because it seems really questionable.  Not sure that any if the players are who they say they are as none of it makes much sense as far as motivations go -- unless it was started (and possibly feed) by DPIART as a way to discredit Lourdes during the lawsuits. 

19 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

I've known about that cheaterland site for a while now but never posted it because it seems really questionable.  Not sure that any if the players are who they say they are as none of it makes much sense as far as motivations go -- unless it was started (and possibly feed) by DPIART as a way to discredit Lourdes during the lawsuits. 

I'm 99% sure we discussed that cheaterland post before here back on old threads.  I'd definitely seen it before but didn't remember all the comments. 

I think it was probably, almost certainly, started by Nolan.  He was saying very similar things on Facebook when he went off the rails.  I hope he took one especially dreadful video down.  As you say, the other commenters could be anyone at all and - yes - it could have been fed by supporters of DPIAT.   Except most of the comments were against Nolan. 

I posted it again because the posters on P-TV mentioned sites dissing Lourdes and bringing up the divorce.  I thought it was a good idea get it out in the open.  Thus my attempt at an even-handed summary of events above.

Nolan was obviously very troubled.  

His fb is pretty chill these days.  Old family photos, math and poetry.  Maybe a wife, but hard to tell.  His fb is also very locked down. 

18 minutes ago, Howl said:

His fb is pretty chill these days.  Old family photos, math and poetry.  Maybe a wife, but hard to tell.  His fb is also very locked down. 

This is healthier, for sure. That post on Cheaterland was awful so I hope he's moved on from that level of bitterness & vitriol.

He is, after all, yet another casualty of VF's & DPIART's "culture war" which mostly destroyed the vulnerable true believers but did nothing to their "foes," apart from giving them plenty of ammo for ridicule & condemnation.

Wow, I had no idea Judge Judy was still an ongoing show.

On 4/21/2018 at 10:54 PM, AnnaSofia said:

Lourdes and Audri Botkin follow each other, same with Kelly (Leininger) Greyson (who's had some baaaad fillers), and Alecia Pennington, (who's seriously breaking out of her shell).

So, I should probably start a new thread, but I remember another discussion about Audri/Botkins a while back (searched, but this is the only one that pulled up with "Audri"), but I just noticed Audri posted in a Facebook gentle Christian parenting group (i.e., no-spanking). These is a HUGE step away from their background. Spanking is not doctrine, but it's often a hill to die on for those in the fundie world. 

2 minutes ago, BobJonesBabe said:

Spanking is not doctrine, but it's often a hill to die on for those in the fundie world. 

For Geoff it is a doctrine. Audri’s slow transformation is amazing me. I’m sure her in-laws don’t like it a bit, and I wonder what Ben thinks, and if he’s on bord. I also wonder how this is affecting her sisters-in-law. I’m sure they do a lot of babysitting, and they probably spend regular time with the nephews. 

I’ve wondered often if she might be the chink that would bring some more gentleness and peace into that family, and then I keep reminding myself that she’s a woman, and Geoff probably doesn’t care one cent what she thinks. 

So incredibly glad to see a woman come to her senses about parenting and decide to not beat her children. 

Of course, we'll probably never read about Audri's "come to Jesus" moment -- when she realized that physical discipline was damaging her kids. Perhaps she was raised without physical discipline and knows it is the better path. 

Are she and her husband financially dependent on T Rex Arms?

Spanking is not doctrine, but it's often a hill to die on for those in the fundie world. 

From the dim recesses of my ever-advancing memory - from the Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington 2011 annual conference schedule. 

https://www.christianheritageonline.org/product/what-christians-have-forgotten-about-spanking/

I am very heartened to hear that Audri may be countermanding Geoff's views on corporal punishment when it comes to her own kids.

(Also, IIRC, didn't Susan Bradrick also publish something about using corporal punishment on small children to get them to be still and silent in church?)

5ae75cec30f61_ScreenShot2018-04-30at11_13_38AM.png.1913d73239e21c39ff6828bea5749afc.png

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

(Also, IIRC, didn't Susan Bradrick also publish something about using corporal punishment on small children to get them to be still and silent in church?)

Yes. She & Michael Bradrick were/are big proponents of biblical child beating. Maybe that's why some of their kids are such asshats or married asshats.

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

Hannah's bio page at her website says she's Belgian.

If she's a dual US-Belgian citizen or a US permanent resident, what visa would allow her to live and work in the US?

On 2018-04-30 at 4:01 AM, Howl said:

So incredibly glad to see a woman come to her senses about parenting and decide to not beat her children. 

Of course, we'll probably never read about Audri's "come to Jesus" moment -- when she realized that physical discipline was damaging her kids. Perhaps she was raised without physical discipline and knows it is the better path. 

Are she and her husband financially dependent on T Rex Arms?

She might've had these views all along.  We just don't know.  Sometimes I worry that we (Fj collectively) too quickly pin the beliefs of the "patriarch" on the next generation just because they stay silent on social media.  

Audri was obviously a talented woman with educated family even before she married.  Shes not stupid, nor is she dependent upon the Botkin family.  I'm not shocked that she can quietly come to her own principled views.  Though it's mostly speculation, I bet her husband is okay with that.

10 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

She might've had these views all along.  We just don't know.  Sometimes I worry that we (Fj collectively) too quickly pin the beliefs of the "patriarch" on the next generation just because they stay silent on social media.  

Audri was obviously a talented woman with educated family even before she married.  Shes not stupid, nor is she dependent upon the Botkin family.  I'm not shocked that she can quietly come to her own principled views.  Though it's mostly speculation, I bet her husband is okay with that.

Maybe? But she and her husband did a marriage series and they talked about the questions they went over during their courtship period. (From here: https://westernconservatory.com/articles/ask-hard-things not sure how to break the link, so happy if someone can help)

Two of them were: 

"When does corporal discipline begin?

How do you begin to train infants?"

So I highly doubt that with that wording they were able to have other opinions at that stage??

Also, her Twitter has recently has a lot of retweets from people (Christians, though) who are outspoken on racism and social justice. My guess is that a recent transformation has been taking place. And yay for them!! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived