IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Whatever happened to the special needs daughter.  Does anyone know who she is living with these days?

Mark and his current wife. They allowed Jen to visit with her briefly, oh, within the last year or so, IIRC

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Incarnate Word is Catholic University, oddly enough :pb_lol:

It is a Catholic school but it functions more as just a local private college AFAIK. I know of at least one child of a fundy, VF-sympathizing, homeschooling family who graduated from there and who still buys into the crazy. Years ago the daughter of the most prominent (non-fundy) local Baptist minister went there, and the minister did some commercials for IW.

21 hours ago, bea said:

And this was not cause for comment within the community? I thought divorce was unbiblical and anathema and only something bad people did. emoji849.png

As with everything else, the rules don't seem to apply when you're fundy royalty.

The marriage of Kelly Leininger to Richard Welch (son of Bob Welch, one of the founders of Boerne Christian Assembly, along with Little Bear, Dougie, and Norm Wakefield) was once held up as the posterchild for parent-led courtship. You never hear a peep about their divorce.

23 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@refugee, thanks!  The Foundling is free on Kindle at the moment.  I just grabbed it.  :lol:

It sounds like a Biblical Dragons of Pern.  

Hahahahahaha!

I definitely don’t remember making that connection (have read almost every Pern book, I think, though the son’s weren’t quite as absorbing as the mum’s).

Be sure to have popcorn and pour yourself a glass of wine—or something stronger. My memory of reading that book is of ongoing, unceasing WTF-ery.

That book remains a byword in our homeschool memories even today, as *almost* the worst book we ever read.

Elsie Dinsmore, beloved of VF, takes the prize. 

I have a whole series of reviews on Elsie Dinsmore on Goodreads that mostly consists of “OMG WHAT HELP I CAN’T STOP READING THESE TERRIBLE BOOKS.”
They really are creepy and dreadful.

Oh so selective fundie discretion, they are funny ones. I believe part of the backlash against Joshua Harrises, I Kissed Dating Goodbye came because two of the books poster couples later divorced. One of the divorced men wrote a detailed article about it. It made for interesting reading. 

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

One of the divorced men wrote a detailed article about it. It made for interesting reading. 

Ooooh, do you have a linky?

On 4/25/2018 at 12:40 PM, Howl said:

Ooooh, do you have a linky?

I apologize I am to inept to figure that out. I typed I Kissed Dating Goodbye couples now divorced into Google. The 1st link is the closest I could find. The author says he regrets writing the forward for IKDG. He also says he "repudiates the purity movement. "  He reports that his foreward was expunged from copies of IKDG after his divorce in 2009. 

Bethany and Sam Torode were one of those couples, right? Divorced after 4 kids in 8 years or something, Bethany went through a lot of therapy learning that her body belonged to her, not her husband. There was a whole NYT article on them - they wrote a book about how the only Godly method of birth control was NFP. And then back to back pregnancies, then another set of back to back pregnancies, plus what sounded like very serious postnatal depression for Bethany, and they split up. She’s remarried now, not sure about him.

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

"My identity/Is not in my history..." You keep telling yourself that, Phil! :pb_lol:

https://www.facebook.com/MM.cinematographer/posts/614509065558435

Can someone with any extra time on their hands (ha!) provide a screen shot? Mr. Cinematographer has blocked me from seeing his online life.

Please and thank you!

So would VF DPIARBT praise a woman with hair so short? no

And just what were DPIARBT and Tom Brokaw talking about in the snowy woods, now that this news on Brokaw is breaking?

39 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Can someone with any extra time on their hands (ha!) provide a screen shot? Mr. Cinematographer has blocked me from seeing his online life.

Please and thank you!

Doug posted this song. Here's a Youtube link: 

6 hours ago, dripcurl said:

This video has too many ugly wrinkled clothes in it for me to keep watching 

The cringe-worthy, sophmoric lyrics did me in early on.  I like her voice, though. 

10 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Doug posted this song. Here's a Youtube link: 

This genuinely looks and sounds like a hipster satire.  

9 hours ago, dripcurl said:

This video has too many ugly wrinkled clothes in it for me to keep watching 

One of the lines is:

I'm not the model type

My clothes don't fit me right

I listen after reading your comment and had to snicker.  And the that last line:

If I could sing

Yea... I wish she could sing.  Couldn't stand her voice, ugh.  I kept skipping through to see if it would get any better -- it didn't.

If your clothes don't fit your correctly, buy new clothes. I'm not the model type either  but I do manage to find clothing that fits. 

It seems like a "I'm such a special snowflake! No one understands me or is like me." song

"No one understands me or is like me."   This is true, but not for the reasons he thinks.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here already, apologies if it has -

Dougie is officially representing Hannah Snow, AKA Hannah Van Eenoo, friend of Lady Flo. Screen snip from her web page (https://www.hannah-snow.com):

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 6.32.54 PM.png

2 hours ago, urban teacher said:

Does anyone know if Lourdes Torres was on Judge Judy? 

Wait what? Can you elaborate? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived