IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

Re: (After) Vision Forum's Doug Phillips' FB post. Not a surprise at all. Beall clearly thinks the same way, judging from her blog post last December that accused Lourdes of making things up. 

Re: Susan Faulkner Disharoon. A diehard VF leg-humper who'll be clinging to DPIART's pantleg in whatever afterlife they both inhabit.

And as if there weren't enough evidence of DPIART's narcissism, he's recycled that idiotic "moar cellos" video:

How can he not know how fucking stupid that makes him look?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“The twinkle of wonder is all about me.”

Yeah, it’s always about you, isn’t it, TOOL!

Transparently living in the past and brooding over his past SELF in all this.  The "Glory Days" of Vision Forum, how "wronged" he was by his molestation victim, etc.

It's all so pathetic.  At least when he was bopping around with the Belgian Vamps he was living in the current moment. Now he seems ever more reclusive or hidden (very hard for him) and angry/put-upon because of how wronged and misunderstood he is.

18 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

How can he not know how fucking stupid that makes him look?

I don't know, but to me that clip is a joy forever.  May he never let it die. :D

3 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Transparently living in the past and brooding over his past SELF in all this.  The "Glory Days" of Vision Forum, how "wronged" he was by his molestation victim, etc.

It's all so pathetic.  At least when he was bopping around with the Belgian Vamps he was living in the current moment. Now he seems ever more reclusive or hidden (very hard for him) and angry/put-upon because of how wronged and misunderstood he is.

Wasn't he supposed to be releasing his baseball film this year?  I wonder what happened to that.

Is anyone monitoring his numerous fb alter egos?  No, seriously, where is Doug?  He doesn't seem to live with his wife and kids and is at times a global nomad with an obviously high burn rate. What happened to his talent business? 

I wonder if this will all blow up at some point, when the world doesn't swoon over his film, he's blown through all of his money and his vapid fantasy of himself as an auteur is in ashes.  Of course, he could accidentally become wildly successful, but seriously, that's a long shot. 

32 minutes ago, Howl said:

I wonder if this will all blow up at some point, when the world doesn't swoon over his film, he's blown through all of his money and his vapid fantasy of himself as an auteur is in ashes. 

Since he seems to be longing for the good old days I wonder if the blow through all the money times have already arrived. His wife is working now. I wonder if that is because Dougie didn't have any extra money to send. I'm not sure how much money he ended up with, but with his lifestyle he could have gone through it very, very fast. 

On 8/21/2018 at 10:38 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Who is Karen? I’m old & unhip. TIA!

“Karen” seems to be a generic term for a middle-aged or older entitled white woman. (Hey—old and unhip! I resemble that remark!)

I wonder if Doug is going to be at the Jazz Age Lawn Party this weekend. I had sort of assumed he would be, since he was there in June, and Faith claimed she would make it in August. There's no sign of it on his "nyc_cinematographer" IG account; he usually tries to drum up business a week or so before an event.

Speaking of, Steven Rosen just posted an excellent portrait of Honor (from last year's party, I assume) a couple of days ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmt-azxlR_X/?hl=en&taken-by=stevenrosenphoto

Looks like Doug is still trying to push his Bobby Bowden thing.

Untitled-1.png

Meanwhile, Doug's daughter Faith is "Back at the plasma donating center. Best people watching place ever!!!"

(It's a direct quote from one of those short-lived Instagram stories.)

Beall vague-posted about feeling unpositive about the last month, but an emotional high was squeezed in there too. She’s at a river somewhere. Maybe she has finally filed for divorce? 

If I had to guess, I'd say she's talking about their move back to San Antonio at the beginning to August, followed by the news that Josh is leaving the states. I think Beall took a detour from whatever the Meatballers were doing to grab a cheapo flight to see Josh and Delaney before they go.

From the comments:

myfirstyearat50: Multi purpose versatile outfits and a few great jewelry pieces! I drove to Florida in a packed car, took a plane to Pennsylvania, a train to my kids' town, walked to their loft, and then flew home. The flights were on frontier so luggage would've been extra. For a different kind of trip, I could definitely have packed more, but this just made it so simple.

Nice bag!! 

I would really really love to know what everyday life looks for Beall nowadays and for Virginia. Is she even getting some homeschooling?? To me it seems like they are always on the run and money is tight and the past seems to haunt Beall but yet she is not able or willing to take the consequences and make the right choices for her and her kids.

I agree, their lifestyle doesn't seem very stable. Pretty sure education is an afterthought at best at this point.

That said, I assume the younger kids are probably on summer break at the moment.

Virginia was at the D-Day reenactment in Conneaut, Ohio last weekend with Liberty, Faith, and Honor. I can't find a photo but I saw her in someone's insta-story. I think Beall and Providence were back in San Antonio (Beall posted about seeing the Mr. Rogers movie with him).

11 hours ago, dripcurl said:

She’s at a river somewhere.

Probably tubing on the Guadalupe or Comal river.  I gotta tell ya, it is "get in the cool water or die" weather in Texas right now.  Many days of 100 degrees plus weather.  Even for August in Texas, it's bad, y'all. 

19 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Speaking of, Steven Rosen just posted an excellent portrait of Honor (from last year's party, I assume) a couple of days ago:

It's so amusing how the Phillips pimp those kids out for cameras. They are really not that different from the much mocked pageant-culture.  From the VF Catalogs to the latest stuff with Cheatball, and the Jazz Little Eva stuff, it is really humorous.  And, I daresay not particularly loaded with selflessness, humility and focus on the interior life....among other authentic Christian virtues.  Keeping Up Appearances Reboot might fit them well as a reality show.

A Phillips son with long hair, being kissed by a woman on a public photo.

MY MY MY how things do change.  

24 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

A Phillips son with long hair, being kissed by a woman on a public photo.

MY MY MY how things do change.  

No strictly monitored courtship or side hugs for these two!  I'm guessing they spend time together without accountability partners

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

A Phillips son with long hair...

Spanky's eldest son wears his hair long now, too. But I'm sure it's okay for the same reason skirtskilts are okay. 

More pimpin'

I'm not sure I'd call it a "TV Show" at this point. I know it was originally made in conjunction with Discovery, but if it's actually aired anywhere on television, it will be news to me.

Untitled-1.jpg

On 8/20/2018 at 12:50 PM, Howl said:

Can he be going to grad school without ever having gone to college or is he starting undergrad?

Could it be a ma which in Scotland is an undergrad(as our honours courses are 4 yrs). So I have an undergrad ma in history from st Andrews from 4 yrs of undergrad and a masters in history from 1 yr post grad. 

Hanging out donating plasma is one of the more depressing things I've heard in a long time. 

If you want to donate, you donate blood, right?  If you need $$$$, you donate plasma.  Google says you can donate plasma twice a week, if you wait 48 hours between donations. 

I just Googled, and damn, that's not enough money to make it remotely tempting,  even when I was around Faith's age and super broke. I hate needles, and my spine was shivering just reading the description. Maybe I'm just a wuss :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Hanging out donating plasma is one of the more depressing things I've heard in a long time. 

If you want to donate, you donate blood, right?  If you need $$$$, you donate plasma.  Google says you can donate plasma twice a week, if you wait 48 hours between donations. 

I wonder if they are selling it just donating. I vaguely remember someone saying on Instagram you can sell it in response to a donation post and she said she was just donating. But I could be thinking of someone else. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived