IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 33: In touch with gossip

samurai_sarah

Yeah, after Gothard's surprise visit/forcible removal from Big Sandy, I'm super curious about whether the Duggars are still chummy with him.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious here. I wonder where Bill Gothard went when he was ousted from his cult? I know he never married. Does he have family? I wonder which ATI families had him visit or over for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners? I don’t like him, think he is manipulative and creepy, yet, it must have been a huge adjustment to go from being adored to being shunned. I wonder if he accepts any responsibility for his fall from grace? 

The Duggars mentioned him several times during their speech as the founder of the seminars and then said he sits in the back as their guest. And then everyone applauded. 

I had a feeling that most people didn't know who he is. He didn't give any speech and during the book signings he was approached by just a few people for some talking. 

The crowd was very diverse: I had a feeling most people just wanted to see the Duggars and get their autograph. They were handing out free books to everyone (Growing up Duggar) as well. 

Before the Duggars there was a guy called Neil Mammen who was giving a speech. He is the new CEO of this Values Advocacy Council and he has the same ideas as the Duggars. 

It was more of a propaganda night where they were trying to gather new people to their Council. 

They talked again about how homosexuality is sinful and compared the abortion to the holocaust of Jews during WW2. They offended every other religion and were extremely self-righteous.

The Copper guy was doing all the introductions and his family gave testimony at the end that they had him after a vasectomy reversal surgery at the age of 44 and that they regret for not accepting any blessings from God for over 22 years. 

I found it very interesting how their brainwashing speeches work and what they talk about at these events. Very educating for me as I'm being a long time lurker!

On 6/11/2018 at 9:50 PM, Dandruff said:

They're Duggars! 

All seriousness aside, I love how you said they’re Duggars like that’s their particular species. Like you can be a kangaroo or a cat, you can be a Duggar... well, if I had to choose between being a Duggar and a raccoon, I’d pick the furry little manal any day. 

Cooper Dauer! I knew they were involved in this when I heard the Duggars were coming to San Jose. For those not in the know, Marci Dauer (Cooper's mother) posted hundreds of pictures of Jill's after party to her FB page, the first glimpse we had into the event. The Dauers are huge Duggar sycophants.

5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Cooper Dauer! I knew they were involved in this when I heard the Duggars were coming to San Jose. For those not in the know, Marci Dauer (Cooper's mother) posted hundreds of pictures of Jill's after party to her FB page, the first glimpse we had into the event. The Dauers are huge Duggar sycophants.

OMG Cooper Dauer! I always forget about him but for some reason I find him and his mother hilarious. It was my heart's desire that he manage to marry a Duggar girl, but unfortunately it seems he missed his chance (he's too young for Jana). I'm now hoping for a Cooper Dauer/Nurie Rodrigues wedding. 

I constantly forget about the Dauer's. Maybe it's for my own sanity. 

13 hours ago, freejoy said:

The Duggars mentioned him several times during their speech as the founder of the seminars and then said he sits in the back as their guest. And then everyone applauded. 

I had a feeling that most people didn't know who he is. He didn't give any speech and during the book signings he was approached by just a few people for some talking. 

The crowd was very diverse: I had a feeling most people just wanted to see the Duggars and get their autograph. They were handing out free books to everyone (Growing up Duggar) as well. 

Before the Duggars there was a guy called Neil Mammen who was giving a speech. He is the new CEO of this Values Advocacy Council and he has the same ideas as the Duggars. 

It was more of a propaganda night where they were trying to gather new people to their Council. 

They talked again about how homosexuality is sinful and compared the abortion to the holocaust of Jews during WW2. They offended every other religion and were extremely self-righteous.

The Copper guy was doing all the introductions and his family gave testimony at the end that they had him after a vasectomy reversal surgery at the age of 44 and that they regret for not accepting any blessings from God for over 22 years. 

I found it very interesting how their brainwashing speeches work and what they talk about at these events. Very educating for me as I'm being a long time lurker!

Which Duggar's were there any of the married? 

Just dropping by to alert people to a thread on QoS.

Discussion about a good new article about the difficulties experienced by Fundie SAHDs trying to escape here:

19 hours ago, Markie said:

Just curious here. I wonder where Bill Gothard went when he was ousted from his cult? I know he never married. Does he have family? I wonder which ATI families had him visit or over for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners? I don’t like him, think he is manipulative and creepy, yet, it must have been a huge adjustment to go from being adored to being shunned. I wonder if he accepts any responsibility for his fall from grace? 

Bill Gothard retreated to the house he inherited from his parents and tried to start up a new "ministry."  https://billgothard.com/  He has family. There is a least one sister, but his two brothers are nearly as disgraceful as he is.  Steve Gothard was booted from IBLP in the 80s for sexual shenanigans and Dave has been accused of racketeering and stealing from the elderly.  Allegedly.  

I have no sympathy for Bill Gothard at all.

He accepts no responsibility at all for his actions and is trying to get reinstated at IBLP.  Not a chance in Hades, IMO.  He has a small cadre of supporters (probably only a handful) including the disgusting apologist, Alfred.  Alfred mans a website called Discovering Grace single handed. I will not link to his site but you can google.

Also see the thread I link to below for more information.

18 hours ago, freejoy said:

Very interesting.  Thank you.  It sounds as though he didn't crash their gig but was actually invited.  The Duggars really disgust me but JB has never been the sharpest tool in the shed.

I posted a link to your post in the most recent Gothard thread as others will be interested too.

14 hours ago, singsingsing said:

OMG Cooper Dauer! I always forget about him but for some reason I find him and his mother hilarious. It was my heart's desire that he manage to marry a Duggar girl, but unfortunately it seems he missed his chance (he's too young for Jana). I'm now hoping for a Cooper Dauer/Nurie Rodrigues wedding. 

How old is he, I forget?  I really don't see why Jana can't marry a younger man, but I do agree that Nurie needs a gallant knight on a white horse galloping to her rescue even more  desperately than Jana.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

How old is he, I forget?  I really don't see why Jana can't marry a younger man, but I do agree that Nurie needs a gallant knight on a white horse galloping to her rescue even more  desperately than Jana.

Good question. His LinkedIn account says he graduated from Home School with a 4.0 (lol) in 2012 and he started in 1994. That's 18 years, so I'm guessing 1994 is the year he was born. I'm surprised, for some reason I was sitting here thinking the dude was like 20! If he was born in '94 he could definitely be a possibility for Jana. That's not a significant age difference at all. That said, for some reason I just don't see them together. Maybe I'm just too invested in my Cooper-Nurie pairing now? 

Seeing as there is nothing new on this thread in the past few days....I saw this and thought it was funny....(the dangers of pintrest when you are feeling frustrated about fertility.)

20140217-202738.jpg

10 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Seeing as there is nothing new on this thread in the past few days....I saw this and thought it was funny....(the dangers of pintrest when you are feeling frustrated about fertility.)

20140217-202738.jpg

I was drinking some lemonade when I read that and almost spit it out. 

The thought of doing the "Hey, hey, hey" with Jimboob is enough to make my ladyparts close up shop indefinitely.

In the words of Patty Bouvier:

Spoiler

I think...my ovaries laughed themselves to a slow death. RIP ovaries. 

Ugh.

I love this forum, but if I end up on a binge here (be it lurking or posting a fuckton) during an anxiety/hypomania season, one or more of the following ends up happening (and after having a small break from this site I'm able to laugh at these):

1. I go on a really dark fundie/cult investigation hole
  2. I have a nightmare being married to Jim Bob or Josh
  3. I have sexual dreams with the hottest Duggar guys (this is probably the one that disturbs me the most)
  4. In my nightmare I'm stuck in the Duggar compound without a way to escape, it's an endless entity
  5. I start obsessively filling my pinterest wedding board, usually ending up looking for modest gowns and stuff I've liked specifically from Duggar weddings (I've had it for like 5 years ... and no long lasting relationship :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:)
  6. Read the Bible with a really super huge "what the fuck" attitude
  7. Cry to my friends how the Duggars are getting more dick than me

On 6/22/2018 at 3:26 PM, finnlassie said:

Ugh.

I love this forum, but if I end up on a binge here (be it lurking or posting a fuckton) during an anxiety/hypomania season, one or more of the following ends up happening (and after having a small break from this site I'm able to laugh at these):

3. I have sexual dreams with the hottest Duggar guys (this is probably the one that disturbs me the most)
  4. In my nightmare I'm stuck in the Duggar compound without a way to escape, it's an endless entity
  5. I start obsessively filling my pinterest wedding board, usually ending up looking for modest gowns and stuff I've liked specifically from Duggar weddings (I've had it for like 5 years ... and no long lasting relationship :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:)

#7 OMG!!!! lmao!

Ugh.

Hottest Duggar Guys?!?! They all look like they are 48 year old dads who work in middle management. Hey, there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with that look, but they aren’t exactly making any bank manager calendars.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:15 PM, marmalade said:

Marci must be fucking SEETHING that every Duggar daughter of marriageable age (excluding Jana but she's Much Too Old) has been snapped up. 

1 hour ago, Kaylo said:

Hottest Duggar Guys?!?! They all look like they are 48 year old dads who work in middle management. Hey, there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with that look, but they aren’t exactly making any bank manager calendars.

I don't think anyone in this world has understood what I see the appearance in a lot of guys that I find hot... especially when it's "Good" Christian Men™ :my_angel:

On 6/26/2018 at 1:19 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Marci must be fucking SEETHING that every Duggar daughter of marriageable age (excluding Jana but she's Much Too Old) has been snapped up. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Marci did try to have Cooper go after Jana only to get turned down. :pb_lol: 

On 6/26/2018 at 1:28 AM, Kaylo said:

Jed or Jer (can't remember which lol) is actually pretty cute. And I feel really weird saying that. Definitely starting to get to that age where I have to qualify statements like "He's a good looking young man" with the immediate follow-up, "But much too young for me of course." :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Marci did try to have Cooper go after Jana only to get turned down. :pb_lol: 

Cooper strikes me as the sort of guy who would send you like 50 super thirsty messages on Tinder and then call you a slut when you tell him you're not interested. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived