IGNORED

Maxwell 20: Fun just dies

samurai_sarah

9 hours ago, nausicaa said:

And it's an extra shame, because from what I've heard from several people with chronic back pain, the one activity which does help is yoga. Which we all know Teri will be allowed to do over Steve's cold, dead body. 

I have back problems and Yoga is one of the main reasons I am able to move and function. I have climbed a mountain but sometimes standing for hours cooking is hard on my back and then I do some Yoga. I also found a very good mat can help. Though most of Teri's cooking doesn't seem like it would take very long.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Out of curiosity, has the blog ever talked about when Terri's back pain developed? I just keep thinking about what an asshole Steve is if he made his already suffering wife go through five more pregnancies. (Not that he's any less of an asshole for making her go through five more pregnancies with depression...ugh, either way, he's an asshole).

IIRC, her back issues started when she had her first baby, Nathan. 

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

IIRC, her back issues started when she had her first baby, Nathan. 

Really?  For some reason I thought her back issues were more recent. 

I keep a mental list of "go-to" meals...none take more than an hour and most of that time would be in the oven. 

Yesterday I found some pork roast in the freezer (I buy them on sale then freeze) so I tossed one in the crock pot w/garlic powder, Sazon and Adobo (go to seasonings) and let it sit for a few hours (on high). When the pork is almost done, dump a bottle of BBQ sauce in it. Blam! Dinner!

I used to cook for 7 people every fucking day and didn't have a lick of help. 

2 minutes ago, catlady said:

@feministxtian, BBQ pork in the crock pot is my favorite go-to dinner!

it goes with almost anything...I did pasta salad with it...there's enough for at least 2 dinners and a lunch for just the 2 of us. 

Bacon Ranch pasta salad...add some frozen veggies to it (corn, peas and green beans)....stretches it and makes it a bit healthier. If not, a little potato salad and cole slaw, if not, a little salad type salad. We always have at least one of the three on hand. But, we're trying to "eat down" the pantry right now...we're hopefully moving by the end of the summer and the less I have to drag to the next place, the happier I'll be. But...that first grocery trip after moving will be monumental...might be worth our while to hit the commissary on Nellis. 

I wonder if Terri's depression is worse than they let on and all these things she does to help her daughters and daughters-in-law are actually them helping her. Going over to read in half hour chunks to the various grandkids or helping make soup are covers for the fact that she can't (or doesn't want to) be alone. 

I smell bullshit here.  Remember the post about Scary Mary making that sign for Coward Steve?  It appears Forgotten Jesse was in on it too:

DSC_4913-425x284.jpg

That sign is ugly, too many fonts, and as a non Christian I have absolutely no idea what the meaning is.

Depression is a real, treatable mental illness that often requires medical intervention, in the form of therapy, pills or whatever. If Terri had cancer they would get her chemo, right? Because I’m honestly not so sure. Maybe they would just pray for her and when she died blame it on her own unworthy character.

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I smell bullshit here.  Remember the post about Scary Mary making that sign for Coward Steve?  It appears Forgotten Jesse was in on it too:

DSC_4913-425x284.jpg

where did you find this picture? 

7 hours ago, bluelady said:

I wonder if Terri's depression is worse than they let on and all these things she does to help her daughters and daughters-in-law are actually them helping her. Going over to read in half hour chunks to the various grandkids or helping make soup are covers for the fact that she can't (or doesn't want to) be alone. 

This. Terri can probably only handle so much in a day, and needs time to rest between very small tasks. I understand this as someone diagnosed with depression. Thankfully, one thing that has helped me overcome a lot of struggles has been having the freedom to explore treatment options I am comfortable with and pursuing things I love. Terri has no freedom of thought with that asshole, emotionally abusive husband of hers.

Fuck you Steve!

I bought spices today and managed to purchase more than garlic salt. Thank the lord for things like paprika! 

5 minutes ago, AllisonWndrland said:

I bought spices today and managed to purchase more than garlic salt. Thank the lord for things like paprika! 

I just sent in an order to Penzeys for, yes, paprika, and dried shallots and herbs de Provence, and Aleppo pepper.  (Free shipping until midnight for purchases totalling 19.95!)

2 hours ago, AllisonWndrland said:

I have my three "go-to" seasonings...Sazon, Adobo and Old Bay. They pretty much work on everything. Then, for a little more OOOMPH, there's always chili powder, red pepper flakes (with seeds thankyouverymuch) and the Italian stand-bys, Oregano and Basil. And, of course, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, teriaki sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, honey...yeah buddy. 

But, pretty much, Sazon, Adobo and Old Bay take care of most of my seasoning needs. And, yes, I'm pretty heavy handed with them. 

On 4/7/2018 at 11:06 AM, Jana814 said:

Really?  For some reason I thought her back issues were more recent. 

I'm trying to think where I read that she has had back pain since having her first child.  I believe it was in one of her books.

But, this picture that I saved from the Wayback Machine awhile ago shows her back issues at least as far back as 2002, when the photo was taken;

Spoiler

teri-box.jpg.59483cf98796ce349c2993d13641175e.jpgTeri and Anna working together as a team to load boxes (yes, that morning was really
hard on Teri's back - but was nothing that a Pepsi and two aspirin couldn't fix!).

I wonder if Teri's Pepsi "addiction" started with her back issues as well as energy issues.  I've found if I am in pain taking an ibuprofen with a caffeinated drink seems to help more than taking the pill with plain water..

8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Here's a better sign for Coward Steve:

s-l400.jpg

Ooh, oooh - can I play?

F4332DBA-C03D-4B9F-AE25-6D8F75ACF7D1.png.eb761ef6724d1d40744659daebe486b0.png

13 hours ago, anachronistic said:

That sign is ugly, too many fonts, and as a non Christian I have absolutely no idea what the meaning is.

It's a quote from Jim Elliot, 'one of five missionaries killed while participating in Operation Auca, an attempt to evangelize the Huaorani people of Ecuador.'.

5 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

It's a quote from Jim Elliot, 'one of five missionaries killed while participating in Operation Auca, an attempt to evangelize the Huaorani people of Ecuador.'.

isn't that the person Jessa Seewalds son is named after Spurgeon Elliot? 

16 minutes ago, Bajovane said:

Hoo boy, Sarah better be careful lest her father take away her "idol" - mochas!  LMAO

I think he'd have to pry those away from her. 

Coffee has its own thread now:

On 4/6/2018 at 12:21 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

If I had to hazard a guess, as someone with chronic back pain and depression (fun! neat!), it's probably a combination of both. Chronic pain and depression feed off of each other, and it's difficult to treat one without treating the other (lookin' at you, Steve).

I must agree with this.  Pain does things to people.  It sure does me. 

About a year ago, I may have lost a friend of mine to suicide.  She was in severe pain all the time - from multiple problems - fibromyalgia, spinal stenosis, herniated discs, arthritis, and so on and so on.  It was getting worse and worse and she was losing hope that she would ever be approved for disability.  Add to that the current controversy regarding pain medication.  She took opiates just to function.  I guess one day her body just gave out and she died in her sleep.  Did she overdose?  I will never know.  I can't imagine her deliberately doing so while her mother was still living but it's possible.  Pain is a killer.  I have no doubts about that.

Teri has wasted so many years of her life to pain and depression.  God only knows the guilt Stevehova rains down on her because praying hasn't cured her.  Must be because she didn't pray hard enough, or God saw her as unworthy.  Fuck you Steve.  Just.  FUCK. YOU.

On 4/8/2018 at 1:38 PM, SPHASH said:

DSC_4913-425x284.jpg

Okay that is really shitty to erase Jessa from a project that he helped create. Fucking Maxwells, the truth doesn't matter when you have a point to get across. 

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Okay that is really shitty to erase Jessa from a project that he helped create. Fucking Maxwells, the truth doesn't matter when you have a point to get across. 

I don't think this was intentional but i'm laughing at the fact you called him Jessa. opps. 

Glad to see fellow adobo lovers here! That stuff is the best!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived