IGNORED

Lori Alexander 43: Pepper and Darkness

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

She can't wear commercially made clothes or even buy fabric, if she doesn't want to use companies that hire women. Hope she knows how to spin and weave. Only natural fibers, of course, because factories employ women.

She'd better be raising her own animals for fiber, then, because almost everyone I know connected with the fiber industry in any way, from people raising sheep and alpacas to dyers, spinners, and yarn sellers is a woman.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Oh the old scorned woman line. 

IMG_3482.PNG

Oh boy. I feel an irresistible urge to dissect that.  I'm not touching the typos, because he does say at the end 'Sorry this not proofed,' (and it clearly isn't), so I'll cut him that much slack, no matter how much it hurts.  

'But how about you and your friends? What ministries of building up the body of Christ are you involved with? How much of your time is spent being busy bodies and destroying Christian people, and how much supporting those who are imperfect, but being used mightily by God?'

-Yeah, Ken, what ministries are you and Lori involved with?  More than once followers and others have inquired, and have been shot down and/or deleted simply for asking. 

'Come out, come out from the world and join the Christian Church and fellow believers” Jesus is beaconing you today.'

-Not interested in an online alter call, but thanks anyway. 

'It’s OK to disagree theologically, and try to hash through if wives are to be submissive or not, after God says it clearly 5-6 times.'

-Geez.  Condescending much? 

'But it is not OK to slander, malign and try to bite fellow Believers.'

-But it's fine when Lori does it? 

'I get kit when the ardent feminist nonchristians do it. They are just following their nature. But when those who claim the name of Jesus and go to Easter Sunday raising hands high to the Lord, something needs to be said and hearts checked.'

-When those who 'claim the name of Jesus' often disagree, it's a good idea to double-check and make sure you're not the one in the wrong. 

'Am I just a scorned woman mad that I got deleted and blocked from a blog because I did nothing wrong? Or I was quite obnoxious and but still she is being unchristian blocking me? A third of what I see is this resentment for being blocked and unheard, another third is a real desire for a theological discussion, and the last third just wants to bite and destroy. Why one are you? And which one do you want to become.'

-Because of course the majority of questioners have wrong motives, amirite?  And why is a 'scorned woman' being deleted and blocked for doing nothing wrong anyway?  Got an answer for that? 

'Here is what I suggest. If this group is about a real theological “iron sharpens iron” set of discussions...'

-We've seen plenty of evidence that Lori and Ken are NOT open to real discussions, or any iron sharpening iron.  All they want to do is cut and destroy anyone who isn't them. 

'...then let me see if I can get 5-6 women from Lori’s blog to enter into those discussions with you when a legit question is posed. “Is Titus 2 for today?”

-A talk with some of Lori's clones might be interesting, it may make some of them actually think about what they're supporting.

'The problem is how will we ever know until we get to heaven as you say “no” and we say “yes.” Why can’t we be left alone with our “yes?” After all, kit is the most solid theological ground you can stand on. It has true Biblical backing whereas “cultural” has no proof whatsoever.'

-Of course you can be left alone with your 'yes'!  Just stop insisting that yours is the only possible solid ground, K?  And FYI, it's far from proven to be the most solid, even Biblically, but you're not listening to any other evidence, are you? 

'You and Lori will both stand before the Lord some day and give an account of how you have lived your lives. Lori will say, “Lord, I am nothing but a weak sinner who it seems you used to teach your word just as it was written. Time tested truths that endured to the end.” And you will say… ? “ … “?'

-Assuming that there will be a judgment (which still hasn't been proven, but for the sake of argument...), what might this theoretical Lord say to Lori?  Let's look at Matthew 25:

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’  45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’  46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”  Some of us have asked more than once what ministries Lori would suggest for helping others, and have received no answer.  Isn't 'She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy' part of the Biblical description of a virtuous woman?  Or is that not in Lori's Bible?  

Yeah, I went a little farther than the screenshot...it's hard to stop once I get started! 

If Lori is going to boycott business that employee women, she probably has to get rid of her house. After all, most construction firms employee women. Even if just as a person to answer the phone, although a lot of women work in the actual building of a home.  She's going to be sitting in the dirt of her yard, nekkid as a jaybird as my mom would have said! She'll starve to death, too.

8 hours ago, EowynW said:

My mom always says none of "that stuff" will ever happen if you marry God's Way. 

Please, direct your mother to me. My entire married life will prove her wrong.

Following God does not mean that bad shit is not going to happen to you. It means that you have this incredible comfort and strength to help you through the bad shit.

So much Kensplainin' going on in that post I can't even begin to keep up. :ENVOUTER:

From ken re todays post....

I seems you are exaggerating. Lori is simply explained why she does not deal in the "what if's." That is a legit post and she states clearly, "I’m not giving exceptions and what ifs. Those are up to each of you to decide." There is no belittling here, nor is there any mocking. Plain teaching from the Word including a Bible verse that explains why she feels she can't teach the exceptions, but this woman is free to decide, ideally with her husband. Lori and I are not exactly on the same page with part time work outside the home for women with young children, and she has no issue with women working in the home in the hours they have to devote to Beauty Counter or other things. I hear its a great product, and I also hear some women sell it just to help out their friends who are distributors :). We love the idea of the Proverbs 31 woman who is industrious mainly from home as she cares exceptionally for her family.

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori and I are not exactly on the same page with part time work outside the home for women with young children, 

Hang on a minute. Isn't a good, submissive Christian wife supposed to amend her thinking and her choices to match her husbands? I'm sure Lori has said that is what we are meant to do. And if we're heathens and vote, aren't we supposed to vote the same way our husbands do, even if we disagree with the way they're voting?

Surely Lori is not 'teaching' submission while neglecting to live what she teaches?

So, Lori gets her hair cut by a man?  Her nails done by a man?

6 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

...There is no belittling here, nor is there any mocking. Plain teaching from the Word including a Bible verse that explains why she feels she can't teach the exceptions, but this woman is free to decide, ideally with her husband. 

Right. Let's take a look at what she says. 

'I am not going to take responsibility when the marriage falls apart because they had little time together and she was too exhausted to be a proper help meet to him...You’re going to have to take sole responsibility for going outside of God’s will and plan for you. I sure don’t want it on my conscience. I want no part in having God’s Word blasphemed.'  

Nope, no belittling here. And absolute freedom to decide, right? 

12 hours ago, EowynW said:

Flicka also wouldn't let her mother come see her newborn baby because her mother had just filed for divorce from her father. 

Is this right? Flicka is an elderly lady. 

16 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I agree that there is something going on under the surface. Especially with Ashley's behavior- she strikes me as unhinged at best. Her behavior escalated well beyond that of everyone else and I believe she even found them in different groups and made her presence known. That is aggressive and threatening behavior. She also at one point admitted that she used a friend’s profile to engage in her childish behavior. She claims Lori transformed her life- I can’t imagine what it was like before. I also don’t understand her extreme level of protectiveness towards Lori and Ken. 

I have screenshots of some of Ken’s posts and don’t mind sending them to someone. The dilemma is that I couldn’t keep up with all of the posts and so they are out of order. i also don’t have the preceding comments unfortunately. 

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw that Ashley is apparently a doula in training. I'd rather give birth in a rice paddy, than let that crazy bitch near my newborn child. 

3 hours ago, fluffy said:

Yes it's in the comments of the ken rant post I believe. 

@fluffy after that was posted, I remembered a comment from Flicka somewhere aboit how her mother either had feminist tendencies or became a feminist and left Flicka’s father. Flicka was critical of her mother’s actions. I had forgotten the bit about not letting her mother see the baby. I think it goes without saying that Flicka likely has not processed through a number of childhood issues. 

9 hours ago, fluffy said:

yes...it was a story she recounted on some thread about when she was younger and how she lived out her faith when she was younger.   I'm embarrassed to say I've spent some time on her page, read her other comments here and there.  She has issues....which is an understatement. 

I'm throwing this out to all the FJ-ers who work outside the home.

Lori and the leghumper fangirls go on and on and on and on about how exhausted women who work are when they get home.  How working makes them much too tired to cook, clean, do child care, have sexxy times -- too tired to do anything at all at home except fight with their "protectors".

Here's my question -- and this may just be my experience.  Is this true for you all, does outside work exhaust you?  Because it doesn't exhaust me.

Yes there are tough days when I'm "tired" but I can usually get over it by blasting the radio and singing along on the drive home. (We are all rock stars behind the wheel). But there are far more good days when I fell buoyed by something that happened or that my team achieved.

Caveats are that I work in an office (IT program manager) so it's not physical labor, Mr. Dress and I are childless, and he helps around the house.  When we get home we share a pot of tea, discuss our days or whatever. Then while I cook dinner he sets the table, helps with veg prep if I need it, takes out trash and peelings, etc. He also cleans the kitchen after dinner while I do some other chore that needs to be done.  All that takes maybe 45 min and then the rest of the evening is ours.

I just don't see that we women are such frail flowers that a day at work will make us prostrate on the sofa when they get home. 

I will say if one had a fundie hubby who expected to be waited on and did nothing at home a woman would get tired doing essentially 2 jobs.  But I question whether it's the outside job alone that exhausts her.

My one part time job is very physical. And my health is a bit weak right now so yes, I am tired at the end of those days, but it doesn't "exhaust me." My other one is phone based so that's easy. I have no desire to be home full time. Ever. It's depressing, boring and for me, very unfulfilling. I enjoy working part time and making $$ for our family. The rest of the time I run most everything at home, including yard work. Because Mr. EW is currently working 6 days a week and too exhausted for anything right now. 

Why do I know with totally certainty that, if the Bible clearly stated that women should do all the work, in and outside the home, Lazy Lori would be a Buddhist?  Oh yeah, that’s right.

“It’s so much easier to ask someone else to do it”.

i know I’ve harped on this a hundred times, but I have to again say just two words: military wives. 

Lori's post today is just a big, fat, No, Nope, Wrong.

Because we all know the only person keeping score in Lori's house as to who does what and how much is Lori.

I work full time as teacher. I have days where I'm tired, but I'm rarely exhausted. I also have a husband who is a true partner. We each have our thing we do around the house, not penis jobs and vagina jobs but things that we each prefer and are better at. He does laundry, gets our daughter off the bus, preps dinner if I need him too. Shops on the weekend. I cook dinner most nights, get the kids ready and off in the morning. We both do other chores as needed. Because we're partners, not a boss and employee like Lori thinks we should be. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived