IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 9: Garrett David Has Arrived

Jellybean

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called my grandfather Poppy and both my grandmothers were Nanny. Nanny MomsLastName for my maternal grandmother and the other was just Nanny. 

My American grandmother asked my mother what the word was for "Grandma" in German.She didn't want to be called "Grandmother" or "Granny" or "Grandma".So she was Oma and my grandfather Opa.My mother's parents lived in Germany,and we rarely saw them,but we called my mother's mother Oma.My mother's father was also Opa,and he had remarried,she was okay with her first name Annaleise.

16 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Yes Poppy is what the grandkids call George H.W. Bush one of their older cousins (maybe Jeb's kids) starting calling him that. I loved that Jenna named her daughter after her grandfather like that. 

I thought that was kind of weird, like naming your daughter "Mom" because you want to name her after your mother.

I mean, I have no problem with it and Poppy is a cute name, I just found it kind of funny.

The Queens and Phillips  Grandchildren call them Grannie and Grandad. Apparently George calls her Gan Gan which is what the kids also use to call The QM. 

My parents are Nan and Pa; specifically because my mum was "not old!" at 53.

19 hours ago, JillyO said:

While you guys are over there taking a tanget off of "popi," I'm right here wondering why Kendra's mom apparently wants to be called "mum" (that IS what her name tag says, right?). That seems much more unusual to me than popi, seeing as how it's an alternative spelling and usually pronounced exactly like... mom.

I thought it said ‘Mimi’

8 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I thought it said ‘Mimi’

I thought it said either Mimi or Mima (how Jill spells Meemaw), I'm hoping it doesn't say Mum...

23 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I didn't mean to start the Nana/Popi thread drift again :pb_lol: I know we've been here before. 

Just don’t mention doonas /duvets/quilts pleeeeeasee!

17 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Maybe Mr. Caldwell has some Newfoundland blood in him & that's why he'll be called Poppy! :my_biggrin:

No, we are not claiming Mr. Caldwell. lol :P 

So...I just rewatched the Joe married Kendra giggle wedding. And, I still cannot figure it out. Who does Kendra look like? 

So...I just rewatched the Joe married Kendra giggle wedding. And, I still cannot figure it out. Who does Kendra look like? 

I keep wondering this too. I think she has the shape of her dad's face, and her mom's mouth. But she has such a big, wide smile (and I envy her perfect, straight, bright white teeth!!!) She looks different from her other siblings though, at least to me.

4 hours ago, PumaLover said:

I keep wondering this too. I think she has the shape of her dad's face, and her mom's mouth. But she has such a big, wide smile (and I envy her perfect, straight, bright white teeth!!!) She looks different from her other siblings though, at least to me.

Same! Kendra definitely has Christina's mouth, the wide toothy smile, and you can even tell if you compare clips of them talking. She's got a rounder face than Paul, but wider cheeks than Christina, so that's kind of either or. Her eyes a similar to Christina's, too, if you compare stills of them grinning. 

I've always kind of scratched my head trying to figure out who Kendra looks like as well, but in the pictures she took with Joy and Jinger I saw a lot of Christina (with fuller cheeks). 

Spoiler

IMG_20180406_084719.thumb.jpg.0adacdc9fcc7e8c23921fef158657c06.jpg

ETA: You may also see a resemblance in this old picture.

Spoiler

CALDWELLS_Paul__Christina.jpg.d0ff377a0d5d38f92cf9a80b520dbf01.jpg

She might also more closely resemble an aunt or an uncle.  I know in my family frequently there is one in the bunch that is "twinsies" with one of the parents' siblings..................

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I've always kind of scratched my head trying to figure out who Kendra looks like as well, but in the pictures she took with Joy and Jinger I saw a lot of Christina (with fuller cheeks). 

Hide contents

IMG_20180406_084719.thumb.jpg.0adacdc9fcc7e8c23921fef158657c06.jpg

ETA: You may also see a resemblance in this old picture.

Hide contents

CALDWELLS_Paul__Christina.jpg.d0ff377a0d5d38f92cf9a80b520dbf01.jpg

holy wow. I totatlly thought Christina was one of the kids in that picture. 

Wow Kendra really does look like Christina. Interesting to see if the baby will look like her or if the Duggar genes will take over.

Genetics are weird. My brothers and I look nothing in particular like either of our parents, but the three of us all look extremely alike. It's as if my parents' genes created one distinct face and just copy and pasted it on three bodies.

50 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Genetics are weird. My brothers and I look nothing in particular like either of our parents, but the three of us all look extremely alike. It's as if my parents' genes created one distinct face and just copy and pasted it on three bodies.

That's funny. I have a client the owners look alike. Both of their kids look like each other & they both look like their parents. 

I (a female) closely resemble my father. Even when I was an infant, you could tell I had his exact face shape. My brother takes after my mother's side of the family. We have the wedding photo of my maternal great-grandfather, and my brother could basically be his twin.

My baby pics and my dads are virtually identical. We even have a picture where we're both about 8 and we look alike. 

When I was born, I looked exactly like my mother's father: fat and bald.... but I grew up to look like my father's family, and people often called me by my father's mother's name.. because I act and speak as she did.

When I was born I was the spitting image of my dad's sister.  She liked to joke that it was the best revenge she ever got on her big brother, and she didn't have to do a thing.

As I've gotten older though, I look more and more like my mom. In the face anyways, my body type definitely takes after dad's side of the fam.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived