IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 9: Garrett David Has Arrived

Jellybean

43 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

I hope all is well. We generally see more pregnancy photos than have been posted of Kendra. However...I would be thrilled if she simply said NO to the moneymaker photo machine....or if Joe did, having witnessed bump shaming in all its hideousness with his siblings. Either way, I'm proud of them for bucking the trend. Joyanna did the best she could in that regard, as I am sure submitting to JimBob did not stop when she added Austin to the fam.

I think it's just because Joe and Kendra aren't on social media. It would be cool if it stayed that way. I think they'd be the only couple so far to not jump on Instagram at least.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think it's just because Joe and Kendra aren't on social media. It would be cool if it stayed that way. I think they'd be the only couple so far to not jump on Instagram at least.

Good for them. I actually hope it stays that way.

No, please for my sanity, don't start a month long baby watch. I remember the craziness that Mason's long babywatch was. 

I think Joe and Kendra will be devoted, loving parents.  Other than the usual fundie concerns, they don't set off any alarm bells for me.

I'm curious about the baby's name; e.g., whether Joseph or Paul will be part of it.  I wonder who he'll look like.  Seems like the Duggar genes didn't dominate over the Keller and Forsyth genes, at least as far as appearances go.

Slightly OT, but I wonder when (if ever) the Duggar grandchildren will start having duplicate names.  Also, will the letter J be used, or has it been retired?

16 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think Joe and Kendra will be devoted, loving parents.  Other than the usual fundie concerns, they don't set off any alarm bells for me.

Joe being the first Duggar male since Josh to marry and have a child has had people comparing him to Josh, Joe has always came across as kind and thoughtful and he seems to be devoted to Kendra and I am sure he will be loving dad. 

I had predicted a tryndy name if they had a girl, but now that it's a boy it probably gets a biblical name. 

And yes, I think Joe will be a far better dad than Josh just based on personality. 

And you know, not being a child molester. 

I honestly forgot they were having a baby.

I'm leaning towards a Biblical name. If I was a Duggar, there is no way I would use a "J" name, but they may name one of their children after Joe in some fashion.

Getting so few updates is annoying, but at least they don't appear to be fame hungry. Maybe their children can end up with halfway stable lives. Hopefully Kendra stays normal and won't surprise us like OfJill did.

10 hours ago, fundiesfordays said:

Hopefully Kendra stays normal and won't surprise us like OfJill did.

Kendra isn’t “normal” though... to me she’s the most fundie of all of them. Her dad is awful and she clearly promotes him and his horrible beliefs since there’s evidence that she and Joe go around town handing out flyers for his church. There’s no doubt in my mind that Kendra wholeheartedly believes everything her dad and Joe say. 

@VBOY9977 You are right! There's no reason to doubt her beliefs are any less twisted than the rest of the clan. I guess by normal, I mean not having meltdowns on Twitter and blaming People magazine and TLC for her unpaid medical bills....lol

1 hour ago, fundiesfordays said:

@VBOY9977 You are right! There's no reason to doubt her beliefs are any less twisted than the rest of the clan. I guess by normal, I mean not having meltdowns on Twitter and blaming People magazine and TLC for her unpaid medical bills....lol

Maybe Derrick is just on Ambien. (sarcasm)

On 5/30/2018 at 3:08 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Kendra isn’t “normal” though... to me she’s the most fundie of all of them. Her dad is awful and she clearly promotes him and his horrible beliefs since there’s evidence that she and Joe go around town handing out flyers for his church. There’s no doubt in my mind that Kendra wholeheartedly believes everything her dad and Joe say. 

I agree that Kendra is probably super fundie. I just get the super over zealous vibe from both of her parents and with her being the first born you know she was stepped extra long in the kool aid tea.

I would love to hear their "testimony" especially since her parents married January 1998 and Kendra was born August 11 1998, miraculously 7 months into their marriage. 

Spoiler

MYRk7.gif

On 5/24/2018 at 1:38 PM, JMO said:

Are we officially on baby watch yet? I know she isn't due for a few weeks but still.

I’d personally say that “JoKen Baby Watch 2018!” should start around June 7. She’s due on the 17th and most babies arrive within a 10 day window of their due date... so anytime between June 7th and June 27th would be a safe bet at this point.

10 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

I agree that Kendra is probably super fundie. I just get the super over zealous vibe from both of her parents and with her being the first born you know she was stepped extra long in the kool aid tea.

I would love to hear their "testimony" especially since her parents married January 1998 and Kendra was born August 11 1998, miraculously 7 months into their marriage. 

MYRk7.gif

Best guess? “Something something, sinned in our bodies and hearts, something something, perfect blessing, something something, turned our hearts back to God, something something, Jesus loves them all.”

Their testimony could actually be pretty interesting to be honest. A lot of second geners don’t have interesting testimonies because they’re already living a Godly life, whereas adult converts (like Jeremy) have more interesting stories because they took a while to find Jesus (or whatever it is they say.)

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Best guess? “Something something, sinned in our bodies and hearts, something something, perfect blessing, something something, turned our hearts back to God, something something, Jesus loves them all the mall.”

Snipped and FTFY

I love a good mall-based testimony. 

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I’d personally say that “JoKen Baby Watch 2018!” should start around June 7. She’s due on the 17th and most babies arrive within a 10 day window of their due date... so anytime between June 7th and June 27th would be a safe bet at this point.

Best guess? “Something something, sinned in our bodies and hearts, something something, perfect blessing, something something, turned our hearts back to God, something something, Jesus loves them all.”

Their testimony could actually be pretty interesting to be honest. A lot of second geners don’t have interesting testimonies because they’re already living a Godly life, whereas adult converts (like Jeremy) have more interesting stories because they took a while to find Jesus (or whatever it is they say.)

When I was in the evangelical churches, I hated the emphasis and pressure I felt to give my testimony. I managed to duck out of that one. I did hear plenty of moving testimonies, and my heart went out to those who overcame abuse and rejection. Sometimes the "addiction recovery testimonies" rubbed me the wrong way. Not because I wasn't genuinely touched and happy to see them find recovery. It just felt like people in leadership tried to generalize to all of the non-Christian population. Plenty of non-Chritians don't fall into substance abuse. It isn't Jesus or hopeless junkie. There's a spectrum. 

When I was 17 I did a leadership program at the Christian summer camp I went to and I had to prepare a testimony and give it in front of others. I talked about struggling with doubt and depression and how I'd overcome it with God's help. I felt like I needed to fit the narrative where you have a problem and the problem is solved with Jesus and the story is wrapped up. I definitely wasn't being intentionally dishonest, but I did feel uncomfortably like I wasn't being entirely truthful by presenting the story that way.

I was also very shy and the whole thing was extremely difficult, but even now I'm actually kind of glad I did do it because I think pushing myself to go so far outside my comfort zone really helped my social anxiety.

I really hope for kendra that she isn't going late with this pregnancy if, as it seems very likely, Si and Lauren wedding will be the 30, she will have a very young infant and even if everything goes ok, i can't immagine she will so confident (?) With herself and the new role as a mother to really enjoy the wedding. 

I know the day should be about the couple that is getting married and that she will probably be used to take care of babies ecc ecc but this is her 1 and she is still very childish herself....

For me, this has been the most interesting pregnancy in a long time. After 3 Duggars daughters have given birth, we can infer that they will probably go longer and have heavier babies. For this birth, Kendra is a wild card, just as Lauren (not Kendra's sister) will probably be fairly soon.

Ugh no, she's due two days before my c-section is set to occur. I already feel like time is crawling, no JoKen baby watch yet please! :pb_lol:

On 5/31/2018 at 10:09 PM, BunnyBee said:

MYRk7.gif

My aunt was married in Feb to a fufe she met at work maybe a year before and had a couple week early baby in August of 36 or 37 weeks. But labelled me all kinds of ways when I was pregnant by my then 3+year boyfriend.  Yeah. Fun.

I hope for Kendra she will give birth at a hospital. 

Can anyone enlighten me? When Americans have a middle name that is surname sounding, is that usually the mother's maiden name? I don't know, example Walter Hartwell White from Breaking Bad, or George Walker Bush. Could we see a _______ Caldwell Duggar, or it that practice mainly for people in a less patriarchal family? Is it a class thing? Feminist thing? Is it only males who are given a surname-sounding middle name, or does it happen with females too?

39 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Can anyone enlighten me? When Americans have a middle name that is surname sounding, is that usually the mother's maiden name? I don't know, example Walter Hartwell White from Breaking Bad, or George Walker Bush. Could we see a _______ Caldwell Duggar, or it that practice mainly for people in a less patriarchal family? Is it a class thing? Feminist thing? Is it only males who are given a surname-sounding middle name, or does it happen with females too?

I'm not an American but I know that it's common* to use the Mother's Maiden name as a middle name. 

Noah Caldwell Duggar is a possibility. :P 

*Maybe not common but not unusual! 

43 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

In my experience, it’s just a personal preference. I knew a family who had two daughters and both were given the mother’s maiden name as their middle names. I know another family where the first child was given the mother’s maiden name for a middle name, and the second child was given her paternal grandmother’s maiden name as a middle name. 

It’s also becoming much more common for traditional surnames to be first names, though that used to be more of a southern trend. 

ETA: agree with what @Carm_88 said. Maybe not common, but it’s certainly not unusual. Most people I know have regular names as their middle names. 

51 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

I would say that yes a lot of people use surnames for middle names. I don’t know how much more common it is than using a “regular” name though.

With that said, surname style names are becoming commonly used as names simply for aesthetics so I don’t think you can say definitively unless you know the person.

Both of my sons have names that could easily be surnames.

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

It is definitely a thing to have the mom's maiden name for a middle. I'm one who does! A lot of people say its a female tradition usually, but im  lt sure.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived