IGNORED

Dillards 55: Selling the High Life

Jellybean

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Some of the those tweets are just ridiculous (declaring that Christians are persecuted, while not recognizing that saying that in the US is just asinine)

Pretty much every tweet I saw is bringing up ISIS or the Crusades. I was tempted to reply that Christian persecution is not a wide spread thing in the U.S, but decided against dealing with MAGA morons this morning. 

7 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Some of the those tweets are just ridiculous (declaring that Christians are persecuted, while not recognizing that saying that in the US is just asinine)

I know people who do believe that, yet they post things about "liberals are saying american flag offensive to Muslims, share if you don't give a damn" (this lovely meme was shared by an ex-classmate, who I thought knew better). Just who is getting persecuted here?? 

19 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Derick is in Colorado springs drinking coffee

OH NO. That is literally down the street from where I am right NOW. I was just walking around downtown. He's probably here to visit Focus on the Family or some garbage. 

16 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Pretty much every tweet I saw is bringing up ISIS or the Crusades. I was tempted to reply that Christian persecution is not a wide spread thing in the U.S, but decided against dealing with MAGA morons this morning. 

Somedays I'd rather put my boobs in a bear trap than try to reason logic with a #MAGA moron. I can't even talk to my own father anymore he's so far down the Fox bullshit rabbit hole.  But I'm just a dumb brainwashed little girl so what do I know. :pb_rollseyes:

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Somedays I'd rather put my boobs in a bear trap than try to reason logic with a #MAGA moron. I can't even talk to my own father anymore he's so far down the Fox bullshit rabbit hole.  But I'm just a dumb brainwashed little girl so what do I know. :pb_rollseyes:

I know what you mean.  

Yeah, it's "Harm a Muslim" day, but CHRISTIANS are REALLY the ones getting persecuted on the basis of their religion.  Sure, Jan. 

15 hours ago, Inis Mona said:

I’m so sorry to hijack the thread, and I don’t know where else to post this, but I’m engaged! :D 

Congratulations! :) 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't comment often but... I relate to this so much I just had to show some solidarity. My dad has literally flat out called me brainwashed before (by the "fake news" media) and pretty much only gets his news from Fox or his very biased Facebook feed. It is a challenge to even visit my parents, because I know he's going to say some baiting bull to try to get me to argue so he can ignore everything I say and end the argument feeling morally superior.

5 minutes ago, sadiZ said:

I don't comment often but... I relate to this so much I just had to show some solidarity. My dad has literally flat out called me brainwashed before (by the "fake news" media) and pretty much only gets his news from Fox or his very biased Facebook feed. It is a challenge to even visit my parents, because I know he's going to say some baiting bull to try to get me to argue so he can ignore everything I say and end the argument feeling morally superior.

That is terrible. I'm lucky my dad doesn't take any side. My mom, who has dementia, would if she could, hate what is going on right now.  I just don't talk politics with people very often. My husband is a cynic and likes to hear all sides of an issue, but he falls more liberal than not like me. There are issues we both are conservative on. 

I can't abide Fox news. If I put it on, I literally can feel my skin crawl. 

Derick is in Colorado Springs? Wasn't he just spring breaking  missionarying in Mexico?  How does he have the $$ to travel to Colorado Springs?

45 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Derick is in Colorado Springs? Wasn't he just spring breaking  missionarying in Mexico?  How does he have the $$ to travel to Colorado Springs?

wonder if Jill and Sam came along this time. 

in other news JIll has some new recipes up on her site and hey she learned to credit the pictues. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Christian persecution in the U.S. = not being allowed to persecute others 

3 hours ago, bethover89 said:

OH NO. That is literally down the street from where I am right NOW. I was just walking around downtown. He's probably here to visit Focus on the Family or some garbage. 

RUN!!! HIDE!!!

"I swear, I haven’t been a Catholic for about 17 years or so and those pictures still piss me off. I have many problems with the Catholic Church and I don’t think I’ll ever be reconciled with it. But many Catholics, including my family members, are hardworking and good people who don’t deserve to be harassed or have their beliefs belittled by a bunch of entitled little white assholes."

I don't know if the Dickheads were part of this particular expedition, but when they were down in scary Central America with SOS, SOS posted on its website that where the Dickheads were they had ACTUALLY GONE INTO A CATHOLIC CHURCH (made it sound like they had to slay the Gorgons to get in, although maybe more like my brothers and me braving the Spook House). There they found a praying man who was distraught because he had lost his job, and they were congratulating themselves on "ministering" the wrong-thinking Catholic out of him. They were very, very proud of themselves. Because that is the kind of scum they are.

Just now, HarryPotterFan said:

Christian persecution in the U.S. = not being allowed to persecute others 

RUN!!! HIDE!!!

A good friend whom I dearly love voted for Der Fuhrer Pig because of "right to life" and "freedom of religion," (which is, you guessed it, apparently Christians being denied freedom of religion because they can't stop other people from being different). This is a highly intelligent, very well educated, cosmopolitan and artistic woman, a professional musician, who is compassionate, mostly nonbigoted (except for Muslims, so that's a pretty big exception). I just can't wrap my head around it.

I hate that they took the time to pose in front of the Catholic Basilica, but would basically tell the people who go there that they are going to hell. Catholics built that beautiful building that you are standing in front of. They are plenty of good people and they don't need a bunch of privileged white kids telling them that they are going to hell.  

1 hour ago, patsymae said:

A good friend whom I dearly love voted for Der Fuhrer Pig because of "right to life" and "freedom of religion," (which is, you guessed it, apparently Christians being denied freedom of religion because they can't stop other people from being different). This is a highly intelligent, very well educated, cosmopolitan and artistic woman, a professional musician, who is compassionate, mostly nonbigoted (except for Muslims, so that's a pretty big exception). I just can't wrap my head around it.

Same with a former boss of mine.  Extremely intelligent, articulate, thoughtful, kind man.  Do anything for anyone.  Is always the first the volunteer to help and expects nothing in return. 

Also thinks men should have the final say on whether their partners can abort.  And abortion should only be allowed if the mother's life is in danger.  And the father of the baby agrees.  Voted for the fake president on this reason alone (never mind the fact that Trump wanted his second daughter aborted!)

I can't even with him. I've made every rational, logical argument as to why every human BEING should have control over what happens with her body.  Embryos and fetuses are human life but not human beings, and the human being gets to say whether it stays or goes.  Not a boyfriend, not a politician, not her father.  Nope, he politely insists, fathers should have equal rights to mothers at every stage of gestation.   :angry-banghead:

4 hours ago, bethover89 said:

Someone told me they have a speaking engagement here - but I'm not sure where...  

@patsymaeYes, I remember that being discussed here at the time. FJ was, rightly, pretty pissed of about that. I still am. It’s annoyingly enough to try talking with strangers on the street, but it’s a whole other level of disrespectful and creepy to try converting people who are in their actual place of worship. 

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

I wonder what horrible persecution Derick, a white, cishet, protestant man, has suffered. I bet he's had to go through horrible experiences such as watching complete strangers go about their lives without regard to his good Christian sensibilities. He might have to walk by a trans woman minding her own business, or perhaps two men holding hands in the street! How dare they! Not conforming their entire lives and identities to his extremely narrow and prejudiced worldview. He truly is a victim in this situation.

But seriously, even if he doesn't tweet regarding Christian persecution in America, I bet he agrees with too much of the bullshit and the hate being spewed. It's speculation, but I think he's provided enough evidence to safely make that assumption. What a douche.

On a related note, I went to a Catholic Easter mass (I'm agnostic, but it makes my mother happy to see me go to holidays, and I don't mind, love the singing) and the priest asked the congregation to pray for those suffering from addiction and mental illness, that they might find comfort and healing in the professionals trained to help them. Not that they don't have enough faith. Not that they have to find Jesus. It really struck me, and I truly think that is something worth praying for. Derick probably would have counted it as a mark against Catholics.

ETA: I probably shouldn't have said, "Oh hot damn, this is my jam" when the choir started up with Jesus Christ is Risen Today. But points for enthusiasm, I guess?

8 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Derick is in Colorado springs drinking coffee

He needs to change his name from Derick Dillard to Derfuck Shillard

8 hours ago, bethover89 said:

It's part of the Cross Church missioncation program. The trip to Colorado was part of the deal. 

Derick + "the high life" = mental vision of him holding a can of Miller Lite in his left hand, a joint in his right.

Per Derick with regards to being in MX- "we were happy to be back in central America..." MX is in North America.  

Even the educated dude is not too bright.

4 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Derick + "the high life" = mental vision of him holding a can of Miller Lite in his left hand, a joint in his right.

Jill with a feathered roach clip in her hair.... oh, wait, that was me...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived