IGNORED

Dillards 55: Selling the High Life

Jellybean

4 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Why couldn't she have just waited for Derick to finish what ever he was doing and then he'd take her? 

Has Uber or Lyft not invaded Co Springs yet?!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just love Pickes complaing she only got 2-3 likes on that post in 24 hours!  Hahaha!  Who says that out loud?!  The train has left the station folks.  And, I'm here for it!  :laughing-rolling:

5 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Has Uber or Lyft not invaded Co Springs yet?!

not sure but even if it had I don't see Jill getting into a form of public transportation without Derick, her father or one of her older brothers. actually I am a bit surprised that she'd even walk alone. 

one of her sisters sure.  Anna yeah (We've seen her on the subway with the kids) Jill that's actually a level of Independence I would not expect. 

10 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

actually I am a bit surprised that she'd even walk alone. 

I’m surprised Derick let her walk alone. Maybe it’s okay since she’s not in “dangerous Central America”

Wasn't there something in Jill’s insta about a playground? That was the impression I got, but I can’t think why now, and I’ve had enough of instagram for today.

Whether they do have a playground or whether it was just for food, I’m glad they didn’t have to walk back. I agree that Izzy may have been on a standing board on the back of the pushchair, but that’s still a long walk, especially if they did it all in one go, rather than making fun stops along the way

I can't believe only 5 of you have reacted to my post in 33 minutes.  What did I do wrong?  I'm only trying to relay a message here.  What is wrong with you people, shoulda known.  Smh.

How fucking ridiculous is that?  On a FB page that is well known in these circles ( you know, us, the fundies, TLC, gossip rags and the like).    Hilarious.

Uhhhhhhhh, wow. So, Derick blocks Pickles... and she doubles down on trying to arrange a meeting between him and a teenager he's been harassing? W T F 

Pickles, you need to work on your boundaries. Take a step back and really look at this. Jazz, the wronged person here, has made no efforts to contact Derick -- even and especially on social media. The one time she has issued a statement pertaining to his bullshit, she made a point not to address him by name and summarily dismissed the ranting. Her silence is her statement. She's not indulging him one iota, nor does she have to just because we all want Derick to stop being a creep.

This is how Jazz is choosing to deal with the situation.  That means leave her alone and give her some fucking space. 

:smiley-signs131:

I think Jessa has been considered savvier at social marketing than Jill (in addition to previous posts) because 

1. She has more or less stopped using social media to evangelize negatively (remember the abortion=holocaust grams, the 'hell is real' posts?) 

2. She focuses on her kids, not herself. The relatable parenting fails. 

3. Her kid pics are cute and show age appropriate toys/experiences (no indoctrinating child books, iirc)

Jill posts pics of bat crazy experiences (1 hr walk to fast food with 2 toddlers) and wacko toys (tuttle twins). 

4. Jill 'ministers' with Derick without doing much that we can see. Jessa straight up claims to be a stay at home mom, no ministering = less criticism for talking up her activities. 

5. Ben is quiet on social media and- well, Derick isn't. 

3 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

Wasn't there something in Jill’s insta about a playground? That was the impression I got, but I can’t think why now, and I’ve had enough of instagram for today.

Whether they do have a playground or whether it was just for food, I’m glad they didn’t have to walk back. I agree that Izzy may have been on a standing board on the back of the pushchair, but that’s still a long walk, especially if they did it all in one go, rather than making fun stops along the way

it says #Chickfilaplayground. If you look at the fourth picture it shows a yellow plastic slide coming out by the booth Jill and the boys are sitting in so it's just one of those in door fun places like MacDonald has. 

2 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

I think Jessa has been considered savvier at social marketing than Jill (in addition to previous posts) because 

1. She has more or less stopped using social media to evangelize negatively (remember the abortion=holocaust grams, the 'hell is real' posts?) 

2. She focuses on her kids, not herself. The relatable parenting fails. 

3. Her kid pics are cute and show age appropriate toys/experiences (no indoctrinating child books, iirc)

Jill posts pics of bat crazy experiences (1 hr walk to fast food with 2 toddlers) and wacko toys (tuttle twins). 

4. Jill 'ministers' with Derick without doing much that we can see. Jessa straight up claims to be a stay at home mom, no ministering = less criticism for talking up her activities. 

5. Ben is quiet on social media and- well, Derick isn't. 

Ben is still on twitter from time to time but sometimes I wonder if he locked himself out of his insta account. he hasn't used it since May and one time when he had a message he hijacked Jessa's insta to post it. 

Classic Digger :laughing-rolling:

Rufus bless this mess!  

This is even worse than when she started a thread begging for donations because running her page was sooooo time-consuming. Uhm, you VOLUNTEER to run that page, you stupid cow. She banned me because I c/p'ed her post to another group before she dirty-deleted it. This was 4 years ago this summer. I haven't missed her page at all, but I'm glad we still have some people monitoring her for the outbursts of crazy. 

3 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

You’d think so. I’ve told anyone who will listen about this and so many people say it’s terrible but they “love their milkshakes” or they “still think they’re such a great company overall.” Some have said they won’t give them any more business but I’m shocked at the people who are ok with the discrimination. Some of them even have autistic family members of their own and still make every excuse to eat there as often as they can. People amaze me.

I went to Chik-Fil-A once out of sheer curiosity (and then donated to Lambda Legal right after to offset it). Now I definitely won't be going there again. 

12 minutes ago, marmalade said:

This is even worse than when she started a thread begging for donations because running her page was sooooo time-consuming. Uhm, you VOLUNTEER to run that page, you stupid cow. She banned me because I c/p'ed her post to another group before she dirty-deleted it. This was 4 years ago this summer. I haven't missed her page at all, but I'm glad we still have some people monitoring her for the outbursts of crazy. 

The thing about Pickles is that she inserted herself into this whole thing.  Just her.  And, she's not a fundie, never was.  Just Duggar Family's biggest fan/ hates FJ " she'll show us style".  See....  I can purely and freely snark on that.  The families we discuss bum me out too much to enjoy the snark on that level.  

37 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I can't believe only 5 of you have reacted to my post in 33 minutes.  What did I do wrong?  I'm only trying to relay a message here.  What is wrong with you people, shoulda known.  Smh.

How fucking ridiculous is that?  On a FB page that is well known in these circles ( you know, us, the fundies, TLC, gossip rags and the like).    Hilarious.

This is what's wrong with this country!

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I am a bit surprised that she'd even walk alone. 

No scary shower rods on the boardwalk in broad daylight.  She's good.

The fist time I had Chik-fil-A was about 15 years ago, and I wasn't impressed.  We now several in the area, I ate there 1 more time, before I knew of their politics, and again wasn't impressed so I really don't get the appeal of this place it's basic now if you want good chicken gimme a Zaxby's any day. We don't have one anywhere near where I live but when I go see my sister, she's like 1 mile from one and we hit that one up. 

Jill, ugh, bless her heart, she's trying to cram her square peg into the round hole of life. She's going to make herself crazy. Just embrace your weirdness and live with it.  

Jessa, Jinger and Joy seem to have found men that they blend with well.  JInJer and their Insta/hipster/preacher world travelers life. Then, Benesa down home, simple, SAHM, young, hands on active dad who's going to school while 'working'. Jostin, young outdoorsy, hard working, following family traditions keeping family close while they do their thing.  These 3 couples look happy, seem normal(ish) and are just living their lives how they like, Jill looks like she's trying desperately to be that, and it is failing. 

so I was reading through the comments again on Pickles post and sadly a few people are playing into her hand. one wants to help facilitate the meeting and another called her a saint. oh my 

6 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

so I was reading through the comments again on Pickles post and sadly a few people are playing into her hand. one wants to help facilitate the meeting and another called her a saint. oh my 

The people playing into this game are definitely the small minority. I believe that a lot of the posts advising that this was a terrible idea and calling her out were deleted to make it seem that more people agreed. I don't care what cause it's for, no child needs to be exploited for this nonsense. There are plenty of trans activists who are adults and would suck it up and talk to Derick if he actually cared to listen and if this were actually for the reason of "bringing people together". Specifically targeting his victim is tasteless IMO. She owes him nothing. 

28 minutes ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

Queen Pickles is at it again!

Screenshot_2018-04-04-22-44-22.png

She keeps rehashing why she got blocked. So many people interact with Derick on twitter I doubts he recalls why he blocked her. He doesn’t care. He sees something he doesn’t like: blocked. Clearly none of the parties are interested and this whole charade is just getting more and more embarrassing the longer it drags on. Enough is enough.

2 hours ago, mizandry said:

Uhhhhhhhh, wow. So, Derick blocks Pickles... and she doubles down on trying to arrange a meeting between him and a teenager he's been harassing? W T F 

Pickles, you need to work on your boundaries. Take a step back and really look at this. Jazz, the wronged person here, has made no efforts to contact Derick -- even and especially on social media. The one time she has issued a statement pertaining to his bullshit, she made a point not to address him by name and summarily dismissed the ranting. Her silence is her statement. She's not indulging him one iota, nor does she have to just because we all want Derick to stop being a creep.

This is how Jazz is choosing to deal with the situation.  That means leave her alone and give her some fucking space. 

:smiley-signs131:

WTF is right! If Pickles wants to educate Derick on trans issues, why doesn't she find an adult trans activist that she actually knows in real life and facilitate a meeting on that front? Leave Jazz out of it. Even TLC isn't trying to milk this with a crossover show or anything idiotic like that. Indeed, they kicked Derick to the curb. There were other issues aside from Jazz, but I'm sure that didn't help.

How funny would it be if InTouch did a piece on Pickles trying to recruit people to bully Jazz?

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

How funny would it be if InTouch did a piece on Pickles trying to recruit people to bully Jazz?

I WOULD DIE. But then again wouldn't it just stroke her ego that someone was talking about her? 

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The fist time I had Chik-fil-A was about 15 years ago, and I wasn't impressed.  We now several in the area, I ate there 1 more time, before I knew of their politics, and again wasn't impressed so I really don't get the appeal of this place it's basic now if you want good chicken gimme a Zaxby's any day. We don't have one anywhere near where I live but when I go see my sister, she's like 1 mile from one and we hit that one up. 

Jill, ugh, bless her heart, she's trying to cram her square peg into the round hole of life. She's going to make herself crazy. Just embrace your weirdness and live with it.  

Jessa, Jinger and Joy seem to have found men that they blend with well.  JInJer and their Insta/hipster/preacher world travelers life. Then, Benesa down home, simple, SAHM, young, hands on active dad who's going to school while 'working'. Jostin, young outdoorsy, hard working, following family traditions keeping family close while they do their thing.  These 3 couples look happy, seem normal(ish) and are just living their lives how they like, Jill looks like she's trying desperately to be that, and it is failing. 

Yep, you hit the nail on the head here. What I find odd about this ... Jill should have chosen the young, hands on, active dad, and Jessa would have been better suited for a more public life, IMO. Jessa, Jinger and Joy have all seemingly found a way to happily flourish, while Jill just seems to be trying way too hard while continuing to flounder. Derick is an odd, odd duck.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived