IGNORED

Dillards 55: Selling the High Life

Jellybean

6 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I ate there a few times before I learned about the owner’s anti-LGBTQ opinions and that was enough for me to stop giving them my business. My son, who is autistic, applied for a job there last year. They didn’t hire him and I found out from a friend who works there as a manager that “they really liked him and felt bad, but they don’t have any place for people with disabilities in their company so they couldn’t hire him.” Their official response was that they didn’t have any open positions for his skill set. I get angry even driving past the place.  My son just wants a job so badly and is more than capable. 

i have also never ate there one because there is none around me and now that some are being built closer I know their policy's so I wouldn't want to go there anyway. I am sorry your son had to deal with that. Thank you for telling your story though it just reinforces that I wouldn't want to do business with them. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

just read that one it does not sound like Jill knows what she's talking about at all. she thinks things will work ect.. she really needs to stop with all these weird DIY things. 

I agree. I think Jill is trying to “brand” herself as a crunchy/hippie Christian mom the way Jessa did with instagram/Pinterest/trendy young Christian mom. But she has no idea what she’s doing or why people STILL react to her posts differently than Jessa’s. 

I think Jill desperately wants what Jessa has: popularity, support, a marriage supported by her parents as opposed to at odds with them, friends, a place on the show, and most importantly: golden Duggar status. And because Jill was never thought to think critically, just memorize and recite, the only thing she can think to do to get there is to copy Jessa and other popular insta-mommies. But she misses a key component: Jessa is able to come off as genuine. Jill, because she is copying someone and therefore not being herself, comes off as artificial and trying too hard. 

She’s trying to be someone she’s not. These aren’t things that she really uses in her life or knows anything about. This is just a clumsy attempt to brand herself and draw an audience. 

2 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I agree. I think Jill is trying to “brand” herself as a crunchy/hippie Christian mom the way Jessa did with instagram/Pinterest/trendy young Christian mom. But she has no idea what she’s doing or why people STILL react to her posts differently than Jessa’s. 

I think Jill desperately wants what Jessa has: popularity, support, a marriage supported by her parents as opposed to at odds with them, friends, a place on the show, and most importantly: golden Duggar status. And because Jill was never thought to think critically, just memorize and recite, the only thing she can think to do to get there is to copy Jessa and other popular insta-mommies. But she misses a key component: Jessa is able to come off as genuine. Jill, because she is copying someone and therefore not being herself, comes off as artificial and trying too hard. 

She’s trying to be someone she’s not. These aren’t things that she really uses in her life or knows anything about. This is just a clumsy attempt to brand herself and draw an audience. 

plus Jessa is savvy. sure she has a few snafu's anxiety post anyone but mostly she knows when to post and what to post. Jill just throws anything up on her pages and hopes for the best.  

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

Well then I suppose people with disabilities don't have a place in their wallets to eat there. Yet another reason to never go there. 

You’d think so. I’ve told anyone who will listen about this and so many people say it’s terrible but they “love their milkshakes” or they “still think they’re such a great company overall.” Some have said they won’t give them any more business but I’m shocked at the people who are ok with the discrimination. Some of them even have autistic family members of their own and still make every excuse to eat there as often as they can. People amaze me.

Rufus! I always knew Pickles was obsessed, but she's being a total douche-canoe on top of it in this post! GURL - let.it.go.

1 minute ago, snickers34 said:

Rufus! I always knew Pickles was obsessed, but she's being a total douche-canoe on top of it in this post! GURL - let.it.go.

I thought at first she was doing this for attention, but she's definitely gone full crazy town now.

Another train wreck in the making to watch...**pops popcorn**

If all her readers contact Jazz, like she wants, wouldn't that be bullying?

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If all her readers contact Jazz, like she wants, wouldn't that be bullying?

Bullying?  Banning posters left and right for respectfully disagreeing with her?  Whining about being misunderstood/persecuted?  Check, check, check.

She actually has a lot in common with Derick.

Instead on Jazz, I’d like to see these bitches go up against Laverne Cox, Carmen Carrera, and Peppermint. I would live for that moment. 

Maybe Pickles *is* DeWreck! I've been watching that cauldron bubble for a while, seeing how badly she wants her 15 minutes by getting DuhRick to talk to Jazz. Newsflash, Pickles -- DimWit ain't gonna change his mind! She is batshit crazy!

Congratulations Pickles on making Derick look like the better person. Derick half heartedly agreed he would meet her, Jazz obviously doesn't want to, it is not Pickles place to force them to meet. Jazz and her family have never bowed down to bullies, I doubt they will start with Pickles.

I wonder If it ever crossed Jill’s mind to stay home with the kids while Derek went to Colorado Springs? I honestly don’t think she would be able to handle it. She is that needy and lacks independence. I find it sad and pathetic that she has nothing else to do but hang around and invent things to do while Derek is “working.” I can’t imagine hanging around my husband’s job all day waiting for him to get out. I also find it  disturbing that she decided to walk for over an hour just to go to Chik fila. I agree with others who say the poor kids look miserable. But they are adorable, btw. I love Samuel’s expressions. Surely there must be other restaurants that are closer. If that was me I would have done some research and looked for a local restaurant to try. 

10 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Jazz and her family have never bowed down to bullies, I doubt they will start with Pickles.

That made me laugh, because it's true and I doubt they even have any idea of who Pickles is. I doubt they paid any attention to the Duggars before D-wreck started religious dick-waving at Jazz. For her to think that she or the Duggar anti-fans have any influence on Jazz or her parents is hilarious.

Pickles, fuck off. It was bad enough when you made the post today to begin with, but after personally being one of the people you tried to bully in the comments on said post, I'm done with your shit. You're going to be losing followers quickly acting like this and you've got no one to blame but yourself. I know you've got some way of reading this, so I hope you enjoy the attention you're getting right now. It won't be lasting long.

3 minutes ago, Jessesgirl said:

I wonder If it ever crossed Jill’s mind to stay home with the kids while Derek went to Colorado Springs? I honestly don’t think she would be able to handle it. She is that needy and lacks independence. I find it sad and pathetic that she has nothing else to do but hang around and invent things to do while Derek is “working.” I can’t imagine hanging around my husband’s job all day waiting for him to get out. I also find it  disturbing that she decided to walk for over an hour just to go to Chik fila. I agree with others who say the poor kids look miserable. But they are adorable, btw. I love Samuel’s expressions. Surely there must be other restaurants that are closer. If that was me I would have done some research and looked for a local restaurant to try. 

We don't get chick A Filla here, but I would never walk for any fast food especially with 2 young kids. I order on just eat and get places in my home town to deliver food. The Duggar's need to learn to embrace new foods, I have started to like foods that a few years ago I would never dream of eating. 

She deleted a bunch of comments too. Pretty much everyone suggesting she was being inappropriate. 

I guess she can't do what she asks of the Duggars so often, accept when she is wrong, apologize, and learn from her mistakes. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

She deleted a bunch of comments too. Pretty much everyone suggesting she was being inappropriate. 

I guess she can't do what she asks of the Duggars so often, accept when she is wrong, apologize, and learn from her mistakes. 

Ha, yep. Just checked, mine is gone. I guess 70 likes pissed her off :evil-laugh:

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I'm in my 50s and I still still don't want to confront some of the people who bullied me.  

I despise bullies, I had 2 people try to bully me in Gr 8, I smacked them both, end of.  

A friend of mine lost her son to bullies, he. Killed himself, jumped off a fucking bridge.  His mom had no idea he was suffering. 

Fuck bullies.  Amen!

I never really understood the momentum around disliking Jill, or the Jessa admiration, but these pics are helping me to understand why people think Jill is annoying. The surprised face needs to be retired. It is strange, and has become grating. I still don’t get why anyone thinks Jessa is a good mom or marketing savvy. I think she’s just another nasty, sanctimonious fundie filled with hate, married to a person who is also filled with hate.

As far as the walk, I took hour walks with my kids all the time, but never once to a Chik-Fil-A. I’m not even sure if we have those here. I’ve never eaten at one, nor would I. I have no idea what Jill is talking about “knowing you’re a mom when you walk to a Chik-Fil-A,” as if this is some type of universal mom experience? Is she trying to be relatable? I don’t relate.

As far as Izzy walking, this might be a tandem stroller with a standing board for an older child. Does anyone have a picture of the whole stroller?

Geeze pickles really doesn’t see her own crazy, does she? She’s just as bad as the duggars with trying to stuff her opinion down other people’s throat. 

Also lol at her thinking she has any power in making this happen. I feel bad for Jazz for being bothered by pickles too. Her actions are seriously bonkers. I’m glad Jazz is ignoring her, and that the Facebook group collectively seems to be giving her a wtf wake up call. Why on earth would she think harassing people into meeting with a bully would be a good idea? 

Realted to the Jill face- I have a face  that I tend to make in selfies because it defines my jaw line instead of giving me ten chins. It gets pointed out by my friends that I make the same face in all my selfies . So I can commiserate about doing one face in photos. However I don’t show my tonsils in my ‘pose’ and it’s a little less obnoxious looking. And I don’t post three of the same face in one photo scene 

I watched Jazz on TLC and she did get some bullying that they showed....nasty phone messages which they reported to the police I think. So this DWreck stuff may be something they just ignore. He is 29 years old. Pickles is crazy. Jazz is doing a great job of advocating for Transgender youth as she knows exactly the difficulties they face, 

I am not concerned she would even answer him. She is preparing for her surgery, if all goes well in late spring early summer if I remember correctly.

It is strange to see someone come unhinged, like pickles, but it happens all the time as we can all see, everywhere. 

24 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I never really understood the momentum around disliking Jill, or the Jessa admiration, but these pics are helping me to understand why people think Jill is annoying. The surprised face needs to be retired. It is strange, and has become grating. I still don’t get why anyone thinks Jessa is a good mom or marketing savvy. I think she’s just another nasty, sanctimonious fundie filled with hate, married to a person who is also filled with hate.

As far as the walk, I took hour walks with my kids all the time, but never once to a Chik-Fil-A. I’m not even sure if we have those here. I’ve never eaten at one, nor would I. I have no idea what Jill is talking about “knowing you’re a mom when you walk to a Chik-Fil-A,” as if this is some type of universal mom experience? Is she trying to be relatable? I don’t relate.

As far as Izzy walking, this might be a tandem stroller with a standing board for an older child. Does anyone have a picture of the whole stroller?

as for the Jessa/Jill thing. Well they both have horrible views. I think Jessa gets more likes for a few reasons. 1. she was always descriped as kind of a rebellious kid by her parents. so that got her points well Jill with her never scuffed shoes was the perfect fundy princess. 

2. Jessa seems to interact with her children well Jill just seems to use hers as props. 

3. Jessa admits life parenthood and marriage is hard. Jill just has the perfect hubby and perfect Papi for her kids. 

it really whittles down to Jessa knowing when to say things aren't perfect and Jill always pretending she's perfect fundy daughter, wife and mother. 

OMG. My husband was in Colorado Springs a few days ago for work. Small world and all that. I wouldn't walk 5 min for that food let alone over an hour. With babies. Jill girl get off instagram and download the uber app. We stopped one time despite their shitty-ass views on a road trip when options were limited. The food is just fast food crap. I couldn't see any difference between that and any other ff. 

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

as for the Jessa/Jill thing. Well they both have horrible views. I think Jessa gets more likes for a few reasons. 1. she was always descriped as kind of a rebellious kid by her parents. so that got her points well Jill with her never scuffed shoes was the perfect fundy princess. 

2. Jessa seems to interact with her children well Jill just seems to use hers as props. 

3. Jessa admits life parenthood and marriage is hard. Jill just has the perfect hubby and perfect Papi for her kids. 

it really whittles down to Jessa knowing when to say things aren't perfect and Jill always pretending she's perfect fundy daughter, wife and mother. 

Jessa is aware that the average mom isn’t perfect and that presenting herself as such is okay sometimes, but has figured out that showing some of her imperfections makes her relatable. Jill has always been the favorite and had the tightest bond it seems with her buddies so it seems she only knows how to be “perfect mom”. I honestly don’t think she knows that most people don’t feel that pressure to be perfect. I truly hope she finds herself and a way to be genuine. 

Hey Pickles,  had you not banned me for *gasp* demanding you credit FJ long ago I could've lent you my Cathy meme. Clearly you think you need it since no one is seeing the non creeper version of this story.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived