IGNORED

Dillards 55: Selling the High Life

Jellybean

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

you are right I don't know why I thought she said Erin opps. either way neither Erin or Alyssa will be so neat if they continue on the way they are. 

haha no probelm.  The only reason I felt the need to clarify is because even though Erin was also deemed a perfectionist in the past, Kelly always needs to add that her and Alyssa are just alike (even though a few years ago Alyssa and Gil's mom Jane were just alike). Erin is towing the line but Alyssa is vocally saying this is too much for me. I think it is a passive aggressive thing she is doing by pushing this life on her daughter while still trying to be relatable viewers.  Probably because the Webster's (besides Olivia and Jordan) space kids or only have 3-4 and she is trying to guilt Alyssa into not going the "easy route". I suspect the same thing will come about with Carlin and Tori as they have married into smaller families. I am curious about Kelton and Josie though, considering his mother died while giving birth to her 5th child. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The live video currently up on Derick’s instagram seems a bit, I don’t know, staged to me. Like what was the point?!  Honestly my first thought was - he’s making a video at the TTH to prove those of us wrong who think that he’s on the outs with his in laws.  I also love how he makes sure to tell us that Sam’s not unsupervised (cause a bunch of boys playing what looks to be a sport are really keeping that close of an eye of him...). Then I was surprised that he mentioned the conference at Big Sandy (but of course he didn’t say ATI - he doesn’t follow Gothard, of course) and then I was shocked a second time to see Jilly Muffin in pants at the TTH. Also, Were those church pews I saw by the front entrance?!  I know they used to have a row of them lined up against the wall, but they never had rows upon rows of them like that before. And honestly, the TTH looks like a pig sty. But I’ll give them a pass, as maybe it’s just disorganized at the moment as they are getting packed up for their trip. 

And last but not least Michelle. That woman and her baby voice/crazy eyes freaks me out!!!

I would swear Michelle was lecturing one of the girls when he walked up. But saw the camera and instant tv persona. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I thought the same thing about Jill in pants at the TTH. On to Sam I don't care what Derick said Sam sitting outside the door with young kids running all around him and bouncing basket balls ect is NOT SAFE. Also Michelle seemed shocked and i don't think too happy that Derick was doing a video. 

Michelle seemed to be in the middle of telling someone off - Jenni, I think? I couldn't make out exactly what she was saying but I think it was something like, "We don't do that"?

4 minutes ago, emmeline said:

Michelle seemed to be in the middle of telling someone off - Jenni, I think? I couldn't make out exactly what she was saying but I think it was something like, "We don't do that"?

you're probably right it was a bit blurry to me so I didn't catch that but no surprise if she was 

36 minutes ago, curlykate said:

The live video currently up on Derick’s instagram seems a bit, I don’t know, staged to me. Like what was the point?!  Honestly my first thought was - he’s making a video at the TTH to prove those of us wrong who think that he’s on the outs with his in laws.  I also love how he makes sure to tell us that Sam’s not unsupervised (cause a bunch of boys playing what looks to be a sport are really keeping that close of an eye of him...). Then I was surprised that he mentioned the conference at Big Sandy (but of course he didn’t say ATI - he doesn’t follow Gothard, of course) and then I was shocked a second time to see Jilly Muffin in pants at the TTH. Also, Were those church pews I saw by the front entrance?!  I know they used to have a row of them lined up against the wall, but they never had rows upon rows of them like that before. And honestly, the TTH looks like a pig sty. But I’ll give them a pass, as maybe it’s just disorganized at the moment as they are getting packed up for their trip. 

And last but not least Michelle. That woman and her baby voice/crazy eyes freaks me out!!!

i noticed the pews too I wonder if they had just hosted a wedding shower for Lauren and that's why they had all the extra seating. guess we'll see if TLC releases any pictures in a few weeks. 

@Satan'sFortress unfortunately, there is a terminal limit to how long each person's hair is capable of growing. This is determined by hair growth cycles. Basically, hair grows during the anagen cycle. On average, this cycle lasts 3 - 5 years, during which time it grows 18 - 30".

Of course the reality is that there are high and low ends that make the average. Some people have an anagen cycle that lasts as long as nine years (this is more common in Asian populations),  other people have an anagen cycle that lasts as little as three years. If your anagen growth cycle is shorter than average, or your hair grows slowly during the anagen cycle, your hair will have a shorter terminal length than someone with an anagen cycle that lasts longer than average, or whose hair has a fast rate of growth within the anagen cycle. 

Thereis nothing aside from rogaine that can be done to change the length of the anagen cycle, and that stops working as soon as a person stops using it. That said, this sort of drug seems to have more of an impact on forcing dormant hair follicles into the anagen phase rather than extending the anagen cycle In a significant way. Good nutrition can help improve your hair growth within the anagen cycle, and taking care of hair can help maintain length, but ultimately, if your hair only grows 12" during your anagen cycle, there isn't much anyone can do to to dramatically change that number. This is a huge part of why I wear a weave - my hair just will not grow much past shoulder length, and I like having long hair.

I'm not endorsing any of the products being peddaled on these pages (because no real proof), but they have some info on hair growth cycles.

https://www.philipkingsley.com/hair-guide/hair-science/hair-growth-cycle/

https://www.viviscal.ca/hair-growth-cycle

@Kittikatz I’ve always wondered about my hair. It grows fast. I suppose the google could have told me why at any given time but it’s cool when FJ teaches me in the course of some random drift :) 

12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Was the CO trip related to DD's new adventure in Arkansas or was it just a bunch of friends taking a trip to expand their numbers in a beautiful location?

Didn't the group just get back from a trip to MX for those exact same reasons?

It's yet another edition of Totally Rad Homophobic Millennials descending on a city to harass Latinos about Jesus. 

I’m not sure Jessa’s cooking is just a storyline though, she said more than once that she’s not a great cook. She said they mostly did yoghurt/muesli/salads for dinner and take out. She cooked like 2 times a month in the beginning. She was sooo proud of her first crockpot a while ago (so was I btw so no shade there) so I hope she’s evolving in the cooking area. 

Edit: found it: “since I’ve gotten married, a couple times a month i’ll like, cook a meal”. I’m not convinced this is just a storyline. 

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I’m not sure Jessa’s cooking is just a storyline though, she said more than once that she’s not a great cook. She said they mostly did yoghurt/muesli/salads for dinner and take out. She cooked like 2 times a month in the beginning. She was sooo proud of her first crockpot a while ago (so was I btw so no shade there) so I hope she’s evolving in the cooking area. 

Edit: found it: “since I’ve gotten married, a couple times a month i’ll like, cook a meal”. I’m not convinced this is just a storyline. 

I haven’t seen anyone really claiming it was just a storyline for Jessa. Do I think some of what was shown of Jessa’s lack of cooking abilities on the show was exaggerated? Yes. I honestly do. It’s possible for her to be a poor cook and still have TLC exaggerate that fact for whatever reason.

I do think the cooking episodes for Jill and Jinger were pretty much entirely contrived by TLC though.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived