IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

Yeah, two wasn’t all that bad because they still took naps and we’re reasonably easier to redirect. Three was basically a relentless, year-long tantrum.

Four was slightly better.

Got a nice reprieve between the years of five and ten, and then the shit starts right back up again at age eleven... and you start to fondly remember just how cute those tantrums were at two and three. Preteen tantrums are beyond ugly.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/8/2018 at 5:16 PM, Denim Jumper said:

Yeah, two wasn’t all that bad because they still took naps and we’re reasonably easier to redirect. Three was basically a relentless, year-long tantrum.

Got a nice reprieve between the years of five and ten, and then the shit starts right back up again at age eleven... and you start to fondly remember just how cute those tantrums were at two and three. Preteen tantrums are beyond ugly.

This sounds like my child-rearing experience with my oldest, exactly!

For those wondering, it appears the Paines still have their dog (Max Paine)! This has been an important public service announcement. 

Total BEC observation--that fancy lamppost is too ornate for that cottage.

But it is a supercute cottage. Its a shame it doesn't have a second floor [or basement]

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

But it is a supercute cottage. Its a shame it doesn't have a second floor [or basement]

Is the window in the roof a room, with a shuttered/louvred window, or is it a ventilation thing for loft space?

I'm totally running to McMansion Hell to look up her posts on floorplans of different kinds of USA houses - the cultural differences between countries' houses fascinate me!

22 hours ago, Lurky said:

Is the window in the roof a room, with a shuttered/louvred window, or is it a ventilation thing for loft space?

I'm totally running to McMansion Hell to look up her posts on floorplans of different kinds of USA houses - the cultural differences between countries' houses fascinate me!

Is McMansion Hell up again? I thought they got deleted?

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

Is McMansion Hell up again? I thought they got deleted?

No, no!  Kate was supported by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, after zoopla tried to shut her down (it was ridiculous, they were after her over photos they don't own the copyright for) and she was a bit sidetracked finishing grad school, but she's definitely running, and showing McMansions in Texas this week...

http://mcmansionhell.com/

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

They are totally going to need a bigger house soon. 

Noooo. The bedroom has room for two bunk beds, which means beds for 4 kids (and maybe even for 2 toddlers sharing bed with sistermoms) plus a baby sleeping in a crib in the master bedroom. They can live in the house until baby #8 arrives.

Yes I'm kidding.

I hope I'm kidding.

On 7/8/2018 at 8:16 PM, Denim Jumper said:

Yes, except 3 and 4 seemed equally bad for my older child. 5 has been better. But I know he will be a hellacious middle schooler and teen. He’s so dramatic! I’m positive he will be throwing fits as a teen and driving me crazy. 

My 3 year old has a cold so all he does all day long is whine. My ears feel like they will start bleeding any second. 

On 7/11/2018 at 4:19 PM, Lurky said:

The've never shown any hint of a 2nd floor, so I just think it is attic ventilation.

On 7/12/2018 at 2:44 PM, Lurky said:

No, no!  Kate was supported by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, after zoopla tried to shut her down (it was ridiculous, they were after her over photos they don't own the copyright for) and she was a bit sidetracked finishing grad school, but she's definitely running, and showing McMansions in Texas this week...

http://mcmansionhell.com/

OMG, mcmansionhell is being updated again?  I was following for a while until Kate was in grad school and not updating as much.   

I just loved mcmansionhell.  I referred to it for what not to do in decorating my house (no, I don't live in a mcmansion, just a 90s era townhouse) but it was sure helpful in screening out the bad ideas I was getting.

1 minute ago, Seculardaisy said:

Carson with another pink purse. Two small points for Erin:

95015023-E86D-440F-BB7B-BDD7A9C9946D.jpeg

I swear those kids are never home. (Bates kids) they always seem to be spending the night weekend or week  with a married sibling. 

3 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Carson with another pink purse. Two small points for Erin:

This honestly shocks me every time I see it.  

Carson seems like a very kind little boy, I am glad that they seem to let him be.

18 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I swear those kids are never home. (Bates kids) they always seem to be spending the night weekend or week  with a married sibling. 

You don't expect Kelly and Gill to watch their own children do you? :shocked:

I don't think newborn babies are cute (please don't hate me) but Everly is starting to enter her cute stage. What a nugget! 

7 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I don't think newborn babies are cute (please don't hate me) but Everly is starting to enter her cute stage. What a nugget! 

Hahah I don't think anyone will hate you here for that. I quite clearly commented not long ago that both Gideon and Garrett were in the potato stage. :hee: 

Newborns mostly look like Winston Churchill, the discussion went on for a while after Henry Seewald was born. He was textbook Winston Churchill. 

10 hours ago, neurogirl said:

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahah I don't think anyone will hate you here for that. I quite clearly commented not long ago that both Gideon and Garrett were in the potato stage. :hee: 

Newborns mostly look like Winston Churchill, the discussion went on for a while after Henry Seewald was born. He was textbook Winston Churchill. 

It all depends on how you word it. If you affectionately refer to a newborn as a potato or a gremlin (as my sister and I both did with our first kids) then you’re likely fine. If you bust into a conversation like, “God! That kid is so UGLY!” then that’s really not going to go well for you. :pb_lol:

But yeah, most newborns and young infants go through a somewhat awkward stage at some point. Kind of like when a lot of people hit puberty. I still think pretty much every baby is freaking adorable, but that’s probably because I just love babies. 

On 7/18/2018 at 2:06 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Of course they are, but I somehow like it. I bet their older married siblings are paying them much more attention than their parents actually could. Sad story, but just another proof how much Kelly and Gil suck at parenting.

Did Kelly ever mention having a laundry room meltdown like Michelle did? 

Did the Bateses have a support system provided by friends and family when they had a bunch of little ones? I'm sure at some point the grandparents pitched in with cash, but none of them seem to live as close as Grandma Duggar does and could be supportive in the everyday life.

The pics are gorgeous and I actually like Erin but these posts full of emojis are annoying AF 

Spoiler

96C0C783-B1C2-4EC2-862D-2042DF35D75A.thumb.png.6497ad7b5281726dd23cb06309b0475b.png

here are the pictures that go with the post. I must say she played footsie ohh Erin was that before marriage. (That's what it sounds like LOL) and this from a couple who didn't even hold hands till they got engaged. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived