IGNORED

Jinjer 38: Bun in the Oven

Jellybean

I wonder if that one lady we talked about on FJ who always thought she was pregnant with hundreds of telepathic fetuses would say stuff like "I'm eating for SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE!"

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nickelodeon said:

I wonder if that one lady we talked about on FJ who always thought she was pregnant with hundreds of telepathic fetuses would say stuff like "I'm eating for SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE!"

Oh man, I am SO GLAD I'm not the only one who remembers her! 

Jinger and Jeremy are in Arkansas or at Lake Travis, by their Instagram pics. Shouldn't this be a busy weekend for a minister? You would think Jeremy would be with his Congregation for Easter.

10 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Say what now?

I am thinking that Jessa and Ben went with Jinjer if you look at the pics on Jeremy's profile he has pics of Henry and Spurg and the one with spurg looks like it's taken in a vacation home.

13 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

DA FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

seriously FJ is weird.

18 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

"Fell pregnant" goes really well with the phrase "Up the Duff"

I've only heard 'up the duff' once, I think it was in the movie Heavenly Creatures. I didn't realize it was about pregnancy. I've heard the term 'sitting on his duff' and always thought duff=ass. So I figured it was about anal sex.

The history behind "knocked up" is ugly. 'Fixed up' makes me uncomfortable too, because I imagine it being used in the era of shotgun weddings. To me it sounds like a woman who had sex outside of marriage becoming a 'domesticated' mother.

I am laughing so hard right now. Jeremy posted about Easter on Instagram:

And some sanctimonious, EVEN-HOLIER-than-Jeremy poster commented the following:

motiv8dlife@jeremy_vuolo I want to encourage you to do a Study Comparison of Easter and the Resurrection. You will find that they are very different although both are associated with life Easter is a pagan holiday. The word "Easter" is a tranliteration of the Greek word - Astarte or the Mesopotamian - ISHTAR, or the Hebrew form - Ashtoreth. These words are names for the pagan Goddess of "fertility." The Old Testament is repleat with warnings from God, to His people, to stay clear of the Goddess of Ashtoreth. You may remember that this was one of the major sins of Gideon's father...he had an altar built to this Goddess. God instructed Gideon to destroy it. Sadly, this same altar still exists in many churches as EASTER, complete with the celebration of "fertility" with bunnies and eggs, baskets and flowers. The resurrection of Jesus often takes a back seat in many "Christian" homes and churches to the celebration of the "spring season" through the Goddess of "Easter" or Ishtar. Love ya brother #ChristtheLordisRisenToday

Getting a taste of his own medicine, is Jeremy. :pb_lol:

I am laughing so hard right now. Jeremy posted about Easter on Instagram:
And some sanctimonious, EVEN-HOLIER-than-Jeremy poster commented the following:
motiv8dlife@jeremy_vuolo I want to encourage you to do a Study Comparison of Easter and the Resurrection. You will find that they are very different although both are associated with life Easter is a pagan holiday. The word "Easter" is a tranliteration of the Greek word - Astarte or the Mesopotamian - ISHTAR, or the Hebrew form - Ashtoreth. These words are names for the pagan Goddess of "fertility." The Old Testament is repleat with warnings from God, to His people, to stay clear of the Goddess of Ashtoreth. You may remember that this was one of the major sins of Gideon's father...he had an altar built to this Goddess. God instructed Gideon to destroy it. Sadly, this same altar still exists in many churches as EASTER, complete with the celebration of "fertility" with bunnies and eggs, baskets and flowers. The resurrection of Jesus often takes a back seat in many "Christian" homes and churches to the celebration of the "spring season" through the Goddess of "Easter" or Ishtar. Love ya brother #ChristtheLordisRisenToday
Getting a taste of his own medicine, is Jeremy. :pb_lol:

That's hilarious!! While the kids were opening their Easter presents we discussed the true, pagan meaning of Easter. Hehe.

Oh and happy Easter to everyone who celebrates!

On 3/31/2018 at 9:54 PM, melon said:

You're right,but actually a man can have a sympathetic pregnancy..lol.Couvade Syndrome.Everything from cravings,weight gain,nausea,aches and pains,but no baby for him.

One of my friends almost died from eclampsia that was not diagnosed before delivery. Another almost bled out from a placenta abruption. Sympathetic pregnancy doesn't cause those "symptoms". Dudes aren't pregnant. If we had had kids, no way we would have used that language while he drank a beer. 

I'm late to this, but I always loved baby bump.  Mostly because in my own head I needed the reminder that I wasn't just getting fat.  I have issues, so that may be a part of it.

My husband loves the show coupling, so when I told him I was pregnant I told him I was "in the John Hurt way" which we thought was hilarious, but no one else would get.  

I'm partial to  "for shiz up the spout" (as well as other Juno-isms :))

Related (I think)

I'm also confused that Pastor Jeremy had time to take his wife to Lake Travis on Easter Sunday--isn't that like 4 hours north of Laredo?  Maybe they left after services/lunch & spent the night in Austin? Shouldn't Easter be one of the busiest days of the year for a minister?

PS I wish I was at the Oasis right now with a cool adult beverage.

Not a lot of euphemisms related to pregnancy bother me (well, now "knocked up" does but that's okay), but I have one giant pet peeve: "stinkin'." As in "That baby is so stinkin' cute!" and "What a little stinker!"

I've been seeing this so much lately, and I don't know why, but I just hate it. Sure, babies stink sometimes, but I don't think anyone would use "poopy" so publicly/affectionately/for other people's babies, so that connotation existing just drives me crazy.

ETA: I realize that this is a euphemism that exists to avoid cursing, but it still bothers me. What's wrong with "freakin'?"

I honestly feel like half of the questions in that video could have come from Duggar daughters, what with their education coming from the

STARCH MASKS!

Thanks - I needed a laugh today. :)

@SapphireSlytherin OMG your family's reaction and then I'm assuming the 'premature' 'healthy' baby so soon afterwards ... You're not a member of my family? Sounds like (apart from the premature pregnancy) we could be siblings! 🤣

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm also confused that Pastor Jeremy had time to take his wife to Lake Travis on Easter Sunday--isn't that like 4 hours north of Laredo?  Maybe they left after services/lunch & spent the night in Austin? Shouldn't Easter be one of the busiest days of the year for a minister?

They posted the pics on Saturday. If they were in Austin at all last weekend, it was for lunch. However, I think they fiddle with timelines a bit to keep the fans away. At any rate, if they had lunch at that cliffside place, they could have gotten home in time for Jeremy to preach his scintillating Easter sermon. And according to someone, he was live on FB Sunday morning as per usual. 

On 03/04/2018 at 1:43 AM, justoneoftwo said:

I'm late to this, but I always loved baby bump.  Mostly because in my own head I needed the reminder that I wasn't just getting fat.  I have issues, so that may be a part of it.

My husband loves the show coupling, so when I told him I was pregnant I told him I was "in the John Hurt way" which we thought was hilarious, but no one else would get.  

I love that show, DH and I quote it to each other all the time. The only problem with that was that the "junior Patrick" episode meant that I had to take Patrick off our potential baby names list! 

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

They posted the pics on Saturday. If they were in Austin at all last weekend, it was for lunch. However, I think they fiddle with timelines a bit to keep the fans away. At any rate, if they had lunch at that cliffside place, they could have gotten home in time for Jeremy to preach his scintillating Easter sermon. And according to someone, he was live on FB Sunday morning as per usual. 

I could see them curating what they post a bit so they aren't swarmed by rabid fans (is that a thing that happens to Duggars or are they just having delusions of grandeur?)

According to Michelle they started having loads of strangers just showing up at their door and JB had to build a fence. It’s not an exaggeration to say  when a family appears on TV there  are a good number of people who now think you are open to everyone 24/7. 

15 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

Not a lot of euphemisms related to pregnancy bother me (well, now "knocked up" does but that's okay), but I have one giant pet peeve: "stinkin'." As in "That baby is so stinkin' cute!" and "What a little stinker!"

I've been seeing this so much lately, and I don't know why, but I just hate it. Sure, babies stink sometimes, but I don't think anyone would use "poopy" so publicly/affectionately/for other people's babies, so that connotation existing just drives me crazy.

ETA: I realize that this is a euphemism that exists to avoid cursing, but it still bothers me. What's wrong with "freakin'?"

My default is sweet pea or peanut. "Oh what a sweet pea!" or "Oh gosh - that's such a little peanut."

Saves me from offending anyone if I accidentally call their baby a boy when they're a girl or vice versa. 

And I only ever call MY kid a stinker - when he is being a stinker - not when he stinks - but when he's getting into mischief.

14 minutes ago, Meggo said:

My default is sweet pea or peanut. "Oh what a sweet pea!" or "Oh gosh - that's such a little peanut."

I also use "punkin"

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

According to Michelle they started having loads of strangers just showing up at their door and JB had to build a fence. It’s not an exaggeration to say  when a family appears on TV there  are a good number of people who now think you are open to everyone 24/7. 

Fudging the timelines would make sense to me especially with anyone not living at TTH. Posting real-time vacation pics can let people know your house is unattended and leave you vulnerable to a break-in (or at least that’s what’s happened to other celebrities). Even if the Duggars are just reality stars, they still can have wild fans with lack of boundaries/actual stalkers. 

We know that they have had uncomfortable fan encounters (Random fan showing up at Jill's door, A fan coming to the TTH in early years and stealing Jingers diary) Even if those were the only two instances of fans going too far I think it's enough to give them reason to take measures to protect some of their privacy. 

It's also entirely possible that JinJer were having fun with Ben and Jessa and held off posting until later. I've done that before so I won't fault them for it. 

On 3/31/2018 at 5:41 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Jinger has to feel good about not carrying as heavy as her sisters did at this point in her pregnancy. I would, anyways. 

I don't think Jessa carried large with her boys until the end.

The end, like the last month is when the weight and fluid often times, really piles on. I think it's way too early to make any assessment on how big Jinger's baby might be at birth/

Also, I think Joy ended up looking great at the end- for how she carried at the very beginning. Joy also looks great now...to be 20 years old.

Jill is the only Duggar who has really gotten huge AND seemingly retained that shape for a good long time PP. I wonder if Jill is just one of those ladies that retains extra fluff, especially in the belly region, while nursing. Plus Jill does seem to be the only Duggar gal who BFs for a long time.

19 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I am so confused about Easter/Resurrection Day.

When I was Catholic, Easter was thought to be one of the Holiest days of the year, and most important on the church's liturgical calendar. Now it seems the big day in many churches is Good Friday and Easter is just another Sunday.

Don't many churches have the celebration on Saturday????

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived