IGNORED

Ecuador cuts off Julian Assange's internet access at London embassy

47of74

Awwwww, someone had his internet access taken away.

Ecuador has cut Julian Assange’s communications with the outside world from its London embassy, where the founder of the whistleblowing WikiLeaks website has been living for nearly six years.

The Ecuadorian government said in statement that it had acted because Assange had breached “a written commitment made to the government at the end of 2017 not to issue messages that might interfere with other states”.

It said Assange’s recent behaviour on social media “put at risk the good relations [Ecuador] maintains with the United Kingdom, with the other states of the European Union, and with other nations”.

The move came after Assange tweeted on Monday challenging Britain’s accusation that Russia was responsible for the nerve agent poisoning of a Russian former double agent and his daughter in the English city of Salisbury earlier this month.

haha.png.e70f41754591ef956764c6e49afdcfac.png

His fans are very riled up about this:

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

His fans are very riled up about this:

How would an online vigil work, exactly?  I guess people light digital candles, or not eat their favorite snack until his internet is back up?   Or an internet fast until Julian is reconnected?

I'm not an Assange fan and I'm guessing Ecuador is tiring of him as well.   

Assange tweeted on Monday challenging Britain’s accusation that Russia was responsible for the nerve agent poisoning of a Russian former double agent and his daughter

Dude, you're in an embassy in LONDON.  Epic fail.  

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

How would an online vigil work, exactly?  I guess people light digital candles, or not eat their favorite snack until his internet is back up?   Or an internet fast until Julian is reconnected?

Maybe they will all hold their breath until they turn blue poor Julian gets his internet back

I heard this story on the news while driving and burst out laughing. Oh Jules, maybe just accept the extradition and deal with it?

The funniest comment I saw on Twitter was a guy going 'Hmmm...yeah, I put my kids on an internet timeout when they're assholes too. Course, they're four and seven so hopefully they'll grow out of it'

:my_biggrin:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 6:04 PM, Howl said:

Or perhaps a literal fast? Not a bad idea, especially for Kim Dotcom who could stand to lose about 200 lbs.

1487570378866.jpg

Archived