IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

On 9/14/2019 at 5:17 PM, mstee said:

These people buy houses like crazy. And move a ton. I don’t get why they bought another house and aren’t putting their money towards building homes on their land. 

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/09/14/sister-wives-star-kody-brown-fourth-wife-robyn-reportedly-drop-900000-on-arizona-home/

$900,000 for Robyn's new home blows my mind! The link below includes pictures and loves to poke fun at her saying she was afraid of wooded areas, and the forest fires, and now owns four heavily wooded acres. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7443831/Sister-Wives-stars-Kody-Robyn-Brown-plunk-900-000-Arizona-home.html

I would love to know how the Browns could afford to buy the 20 acres in Flagstaff for $820,000 while having four mortgages in Las Vegas. Then they bought Christine's house for $520,000. I think three of the four Las Vegas homes have sold, so naturally they spend $900,000 on Robyn's new house. The whole we are moving to put some money in the bank because we have equity in the Vegas homes was clearly a lie. Do they use monopoly money? How do they qualify for all these mortgages? Are they all going to file for bankruptcy again once the show is over? I don't want some crummy episode about their fake family interactions I want an episode to how they afford their lifestyle, the homes, land, cars, etc. 

Edited by HA88
Didn't proofread
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Favorite Robyn gets a pretty nice house while Meri is being kicked out of her rental. I still don’t know why they didn’t use the 900k to build on land they already own. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I know that they had previously filed for bankruptcy prior to the show. I just have a hard time believing that they all have learned to manage their money better since and all have amazing credit-enough for all these different houses and mortgages and everything. It’s just all really bizarre to me. And I don’t understand purchasing all these different homes if their end goal is really to live on that land. It almost makes me think that the land is for show and not really for them to build on. Which would also be crazy because they did spend the money for it, not just tour it as a plot-line. I don’t think Meri actually spends time in Arizona. She posts a lot about her daughter and her extended family but not about her sister wives or their kids. I think she is either at her bed and breakfast in Utah or traveling. But that’s just a guess. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 9/14/2019 at 11:17 PM, mstee said:

These people buy houses like crazy. And move a ton. I don’t get why they bought another house and aren’t putting their money towards building homes on their land. 

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/09/14/sister-wives-star-kody-brown-fourth-wife-robyn-reportedly-drop-900000-on-arizona-home/

Gosh, they buy a ton of houses. I see why Christine bought hers as she wasn't allowed to move her pets with her to any rentals. A 3-bedroom house is reasonable given that only three more children are living with her at this time. Robyn's new house seems excessive. How do they afford this? Certainly not by selling ugly jewellery or shilling LuLaRoe?! 

Speaking of LuLaRoe, Christine is shilling hard for it these days while Meri is #Living[Her]Why far away from the family ?. I have no idea why fundies always fall for these MLM schemes. That surely can't bring in more money than if Christine was working a part-time job and going to community college or real college to acquire an actual skill that she could put to use? 

Since the beginning of the show she has often expressed how being heavily over-weight has affected her happiness and self-esteem, and we all know that K-douche has given her a hard time over it more than once ('Nachos', just sayin'). Janelle stated that Kody had not once given her a hard time over her weight or commented on her looks negatively. Just shows again how K used Christine's looks as a way to belittle and control Christine. That said, whatever it is that's brought her some peace, maybe it's Flagstaff, maybe it's having less little kids to take care of, maybe it's Kody just letting her be, maybe it's a lifestyle change, but she looks fabulous these days. 

Spoiler

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

FYI about Garrison/Robert, LDS church policy has also changed. That’s why it was easier for him to get baptized. New prophet as of January 2018.

• Upvote 2

If I were Meri, I would leave. It clear that Cody has no interest in having a relationship with her at this point.  She should move on and find someone who loves her. She deserves to be happy too.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

@DarkAnts I was wondering why all wives (plus kids) seemed so incredibly happy in their instagram posts lately. At first I thought it must've been the move to Flagstaff and it's really benefitted all of them. Then it occurred to me that they're still all living separately and probably don't have to see each other or Kody frequently. I assume that none of the "adults" don't see the irony, though. They're all better off leading their own lives. Meri is barely at home anymore and if she stayed true to herself she'd admit that she's over the entire family. I'm sure that she'd be way less emotionally manipulative if she was with someone that really loved her and appreciated her for who she is. 

• Upvote 7

Maddie has announced that Evangalynn was diagnosed with fibular aplasia, tibial campomelia and oligosyndactyly (FATCO) syndrome, an extremely rare genetic disorder that affects bone formation in utero. They knew something was wrong from ultrasounds but she's missing a thumb and a toe, two of her fingers are fused together and one leg was missing a fibula and also had a bowed tibia. The cause and prognosis is unknown but it sounds like they're handling things fairly well.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sister-wives-maddie-brown-brush-120059347.html

• Sad 7
  • Love 2

Actually, it looks like Evangalynn has a lot more issues than Maddie describes. She is missing at least a few fingers, besides the fused ones on her right hand, both lower legs are bowed, the left foot looks like it’s missing several bones and her left hip looks wrong to me. And the right arm is not developed entirely. Poor kid, hope her parents can afford a lot of physical therapy, cos she’s going to need it.

I saw an Instagram post from Maddie about this. It sounds as if the response has been overwhelmingly positive and supportive (as it should be). She said people have shared information about different organizations and it sounds like they’ve also been sharing their own similar stories with her. Hopefully they will find a community of support for their family. 

I know when my cousin was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis I sent his mother information about the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the work they do. She hadn’t heard of them (the baby was only a few weeks old and newly diagnosed) but she said she appreciated that I did that. It eased her mind to see what research is being done and to find other CF families. Hopefully by sharing this news, Maddie and Caleb will gain support and encouragement.

• Upvote 4

On 10/21/2019 at 2:06 AM, Pretzel said:

I was wondering why all wives (plus kids) seemed so incredibly happy in their instagram posts lately. At first I thought it must've been the move to Flagstaff and it's really benefitted all of them. Then it occurred to me that they're still all living separately and probably don't have to see each other or Kody frequently.

Well, when they were all on the same block, they all knew where he was and who he was spending the night with - and like Christine said one time, 'when you look out the window and see him taking out the trash for someone else, you are doing it yourself, and he's not been by in a week...'   yeah, they are probably all much happier where they don't see that.  Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years, outside of the show.   

Poor baby- hope Maddie and her husband have really good insurance and get lots of support.   

• Upvote 4

I did some googling after reading the part about amputation and thinking "WTF?" It looks like lots of kids who have similar leg issues end up having them (partially) amputated when they're around one year old, then learn to walk with prosthetics. It leads to the best quality of life. But it's very hard, emotionally, for parents- I can't imagine having a surgeon amputate your baby's limb.

• I Agree 3

I just saw Maddies posts. It’s so awful. I hope they have all the support they need. Evie is going to need a lot of physical therapy.  I know they’re in the public eye but going public with all this couldn’t have been easy. All the comments have been really positive. I think that’s what they need right now. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2019 at 2:40 AM, OyToTheVey said:

I just saw Maddies posts. It’s so awful. I hope they have all the support they need. Evie is going to need a lot of physical therapy.  I know they’re in the public eye but going public with all this couldn’t have been easy. All the comments have been really positive. I think that’s what they need right now. 

I hope it stays that way. People are awful and the last thing they need is people being nasty about a baby. However, Maddie said several foundations have reached out to them so I hope that this at least brought them some professional support and good resources to draw from in the future. They need all the support they can get. 

I admire them for going public and showing their daughter it's nothing she needs to be ashamed of. She is too little to understand but one day she will. 

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 3/25/2018 at 8:06 PM, OhNoNike said:

it just seemed like a strange choice with their conservative beliefs and small children. There are many other states/places they could have moved to that would be more in line with their beliefs, I’d have thought...

Maybe they don't really believe what they say they believe?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 7:29 PM, clueliss said:

Ysabel moved in with Maddie per Instagram 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSfODysJyIF/?utm_medium=copy_link

Janelle and her kids also visited Maddie this summer. No sightings of Kody. Christine and Truly also seemed to have a nice summer visiting family. Also without pics of Kody. Either they’ve been busy without him or he asks not to be photographed.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

@Cults-r-us, I think there is a bit of rock and a hard place with moving to a conservative area. There is more likely to be shunning and the like in conservative areas. They felt "driven" out of Utah of all places. I wish Meri, especially but also Janelle and Christine could have other relationships. See Kody at children's school events and holidays and live life with your 2nd relationship as your main relationship and all three would be a lot happier. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

New trailer for the new season is here!!! Wow…I can’t decide if the wives genuinely enjoy being miserable or if they’re still following their so religion closely they can’t fathom leaving. I know there’s all sorts of reasons people stay in unhealthy relationships, but…it’s not like there’s a lot that’s really stopping Meri, Christine, and Janelle from leaving. At this point I think it would be nice if a great guy came along to sweep Christine off her feet. I think that’s all it would take for her. 
Meri and Janelle would probably be secretly relieved if Kody cut them loose and they could live independent of the family. Unfortunately, I think Kody wants them to make the move to leave (and he would also be relieved by it).

I know there’s always chatter about a fifth wife with most conclusions being that Robyn would never go for it. At this point I can see her enjoying having a fifth wife brought on just so all the pressure/attention wouldn’t constantly be on her.

ETA: I follow Janelle and Christine on Instagram. In their day-to-day lives they both seem fairly happy and content. Janelle seems to enjoy living on the RV on Coyote Pass and Christine does a lot of lives from her car both with and without Truly. They both seem to regularly go to see their married children. They rarely mention Kody, post pictures of him, or of the other wives. Christine and Janelle took Savannah and Truly to Universal and Disney recently, so maybe they have actually mentally and emotionally moved on from Kody, but filming days just dredges everything up again (how many days can they possibly actually film? Maybe 30 over a year?)

Edited by DalmatianCat
More thoughts
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

New trailer for the new season is here!!! Wow…I can’t decide if the wives genuinely enjoy being miserable or if they’re still following their so religion closely they can’t fathom leaving. I know there’s all sorts of reasons people stay in unhealthy relationships, but…it’s not like there’s a lot that’s really stopping Meri, Christine, and Janelle from leaving. At this point I think it would be nice if a great guy came along to sweep Christine off her feet. I think that’s all it would take for her. 
Meri and Janelle would probably be secretly relieved if Kody cut them loose and they could live independent of the family. Unfortunately, I think Kody wants them to make the move to leave (and he would also be relieved by it).

I wonder once the TLC money train stops if any of the wives will leave. John Gosselin had signed a confidentiality agreement where he couldn't speak to things for ten years, and my guess is the Browns have something similar, so leaving and writing a tell all probably isn't an option. What type of income can any of the adults (Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn) make without the show? 

Meri and Kody haven't lived together in years, and it sounds like outside of filming they don't spend any time together. I think Meri likes the lifestyle the show provides. Maybe Meri had considered leaving, but when she was cat fished realized the grass isn't always greener. She made money with LuLaRoe (not sure how much), but I am guessing that is past tense. Meri has the inn, and wanted to buy it without family finances, so the income wouldn't go into the family pot. The pandemic may have made the inn more of a money drain than income producing. If Meri solely owns the inn she could live at the inn, work there, and hopefully make a livable income. Maybe she'll join another MLM. I bet Meri has factored in what she would expect Mariah's reaction to be if she left Kody. If Meri felt Mariah would never forgive her, wouldn't allow her to be a part of her life if she left Kody I think she would stay with him. 

Janelle strikes me as happy enough with her life to not want to leave. She seems to like the independence polygamy provides. Janelle can visit Maddie and her other adult children when it suits her, and spend a little time with Kody. They pitched her as a real estate agent, but other than the sale of the Vegas homes I don't think she sold much real estate. I don't think she's selling real estate in Arizona. Not sure what she would do for an income once the show ends and she only has one kid under 18, so child support won't be an option soon. 

Christine hasn't seemed happy to me for years. I could see Christine staying with Kody because of her religious beliefs. Like Janelle she will visit her adult kids, and spend a little time with Kody. She sold some LuLaRoe, but was never as successful as Meri, and now I doubt she's making any money off of it now. 

From what Robyn has said I don't think her first marriage was happy, and was just the result on an unplanned pregnancy. In the first season of the show, and in the book Robyn was looking for financial stability, and a father for her children. My guess is Robyn figures Kody is decent enough (compared to her ex-husband), and she can make the marriage work so her children have a present father figure, and she isn't struggling financially. My Sister Wives store was her project, and that was a colossal failure. That experience may give her pause of thinking she could make her desired income based on her skills. Legally she is married to Kody so she could qualify for alimony in addition to child support. However, I think financially they are built on a house of cards, and pulling any real money out of the marriage would be difficult. Yes, she has an expensive home, but I'm guessing it is mortgaged heavily, same with Coyote Pass. 

I think Kody would be fine if Meri officially left him. He and Meri don't appear to have a relationship outside of business, and Meri has the black mark against her with the cat fishing incident. In his community he probably would look good because he stuck with her after it, and "tried" to make it work. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

wonder once the TLC money train stops if any of the wives will leave. John Gosselin had signed a confidentiality agreement where he couldn't speak to things for ten years, and my guess is the Browns have something similar, so leaving and writing a tell all probably isn't an option. What type of income can any of the adults (Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn) make without the show? 

SpoilerMeri and Kody haven't lived together in years, and it sounds like outside of filming they don't spend any time together. I think Meri likes the lifestyle the show provides. Maybe Meri had considered leaving, but when she was cat fished realized the grass isn't always greener. She made money with LuLaRoe (not sure how much), but I am guessing that is past tense. Meri has the inn, and wanted to buy it without family finances, so the income wouldn't go into the family pot. The pandemic may have made the inn more of a money drain than income producing. If Meri solely owns the inn she could live at the inn, work there, and hopefully make a livable income. Maybe she'll join another MLM. I bet Meri has factored in what she would expect Mariah's reaction to be if she left Kody. If Meri felt Mariah would never forgive her, wouldn't allow her to be a part of her life if she left Kody I think she would stay with him. 

Janelle strikes me as happy enough with her life to not want to leave. She seems to like the independence polygamy provides. Janelle can visit Maddie and her other adult children when it suits her, and spend a little time with Kody. They pitched her as a real estate agent, but other than the sale of the Vegas homes I don't think she sold much real estate. I don't think she's selling real estate in Arizona. Not sure what she would do for an income once the show ends and she only has one kid under 18, so child support won't be an option soon. 

Christine hasn't seemed happy to me for years. I could see Christine staying with Kody because of her religious beliefs. Like Janelle she will visit her adult kids, and spend a little time with Kody. She sold some LuLaRoe, but was never as successful as Meri, and now I doubt she's making any money off of it now. 

From what Robyn has said I don't think her first marriage was happy, and was just the result on an unplanned pregnancy. In the first season of the show, and in the book Robyn was looking for financial stability, and a father for her children. My guess is Robyn figures Kody is decent enough (compared to her ex-husband), and she can make the marriage work so her children have a present father figure, and she isn't struggling financially. My Sister Wives store was her project, and that was a colossal failure. That experience may give her pause of thinking she could make her desired income based on her skills. Legally she is married to Kody so she could qualify for alimony in addition to child support. However, I think financially they are built on a house of cards, and pulling any real money out of the marriage would be difficult. Yes, she has an expensive home, but I'm guessing it is mortgaged heavily, same with Coyote Pass. 

I think Kody would be fine if Meri officially left him. He and Meri don't appear to have a relationship outside of business, and Meri has the black mark against her with the cat fishing incident. In his community he probably would look good because he stuck with her after it, and "tried" to make it work. 

But can they possibly be making that much money off the show? They only have 1.5-ish seasons a year and the ratings aren’t amazing. I don’t see how the show can provide enough money for 4 women to have houses that are $500,000+.
On the flip side, I think Janelle will always do ok financially. She’s always worked and doesn’t seem to mind it.

Meri also seems like she’d be able to figure something out. She worked before the show and I don’t think would be opposed to doing so again. I just checked her Instagram and a couple things were interesting 1) she brought up her parents eternal marriage on their anniversary. Maybe she’s given up on Kody in this lifetime and figures it will be better later.  2) she has a LuLaRoe post where she comments on how they’re a company of integrity 3) maybe Meri isn’t the best judge of character.

Outside of Robyn, all the family units are rather small right now. Janelle and Christine only have Savannah (and I think she’s graduating soon), and Truly home full-time. They’ve definitely raised their kids to get out on their own and find some way to support themselves. None of them other than Maddie seem to be going the influencer route (and even she doesn’t have that many sponsored posts and she’s in school).

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic