IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Wonder if they were visiting Mariah since she lives there now.

I'm pretty sure this is it, not many other reasons to com to my hometown, LOL. Hope they see Bpystown!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I'm pretty sure this is it, not many other reasons to com to my hometown, LOL. Hope they see Bpystown!

I bet they might do it. When they travel without Kody they are so much more fun! They do things and tend to be somewhat interested in expanding their horizons.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, OyToTheVey said:

So good to hear. All of Jenelles boys had trouble adjusting. Hopefully, he and Hunter can still make sure Gabe is ok. 

I noticed the article sad that Aspen is headed to polygamy. I thought I was the only one that noticed that. She's always said no but there's just something about this marriage that screams "I'm about to get a sister wife".

I also had the feeling that Aspyn will end up as a sister wife. Her husband is open to it and he SAYS that it will be up to Aspyn, but I can easily see a man (and the church) pressuring a wife who isn't on board with polygamy. Do Mitch and Aspyn attend an AUB church? Mitch never said a definite no to having multiple wives, and I thought he kind of liked the idea. He has siblings who are polygamists, and I think his parents were, but his father may not have had other wives when married to Mitch's mom.

There was just something about Mitch and Aspyn that bothered me-something off about their relationship. She seemed WAAAAAAY more into him than he was into her. Their wedding was odd, too. No rings, just the handfast part because of his Scottish heritage. Fine, but did Aspyn get a say in anything about the ceremony? I only heard things Mitch did or didn't want.

I find it interesting that the LDS church accepted a male Brown child as a member while denying membership to two female children. The Browns are still polygamists and still on television, which was the reasoning behind refusing Madison and Mykeltie.  Both Madison and Mykeltie were in college and not living in the same state as the Brown family when they tried to join the LDS church. Just like Garrison/ Robert. But the sisters were not accepted and the brother was. Hmmmm...

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Aspyn has to be on board to a certain degree. At least in their modern view of the polygamy dating playbook - she has to kind of vet the candidate. All these modernized polygamists say that's how it is done. It's 'creepy' for the men to be aggressive.

I agree that it is weird that Robert has been welcomed to the church

Bad emoji cannot remove
?

• Upvote 1

Different mission presidents can make different decisions on who to accept into the church. It's interesting that a son was accepted when the daughters were not, but I don't think the decision was coming from the same source.

• Upvote 2

Questions:

Since when does Garrison go by Robert?

When did they discuss their trying to get into the church? On the show?

edit: UGH SORRY I READ ONE PAGE BACK IN THE THREAD

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Letgo said:

I find it interesting that the LDS church accepted a male Brown child as a member while denying membership to two female children. The Browns are still polygamists and still on television, which was the reasoning behind refusing Madison and Mykeltie.  Both Madison and Mykeltie were in college and not living in the same state as the Brown family when they tried to join the LDS church. Just like Garrison/ Robert. But the sisters were not accepted and the brother was. Hmmmm...

I agree with you on the Aspyn part. Something is off. That whole relationships seems like she's into him.

I think from an outside prospective that it's not the fact that Madison and Mykelti are female, it's that they were filmed waaaaaaaaay more. Garrison/Robert wasn't filmed as much. He was in the beginning but then he went to be a cadet and he just wasn't around. His life is more off camera. I  think the same about Logan and Hunter. They're not on camera anymore. No aspect of his current life has anything to do with the family. However, if Aspyn decided to be LDS the church might have a problem with it. I think visibility has a lot to do with it. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I agree with you on the Aspyn part. Something is off. That whole relationships seems like she's into him.

I think from an outside prospective that it's not the fact that Madison and Mykelti are female, it's that they were filmed waaaaaaaaay more. Garrison/Robert wasn't filmed as much. He was in the beginning but then he went to be a cadet and he just wasn't around. His life is more off camera. I  think the same about Logan and Hunter. They're not on camera anymore. No aspect of his current life has anything to do with the family. However, if Aspyn decided to be LDS the church might have a problem with it. I think visibility has a lot to do with it. 

I think this is exactly it. I thought that they even mentioned something about publically supporting their polygamous parents being part of the reason they were rejected.

• Upvote 1

Garrison / Robert has been working toward some becoming a member of the LDS for seven years. Perhaps his sisters wanted a fast pass and the church turned them down. Separation from a show that promotes plural marriage is one way to show their commitment. Garrison was not a regular contributor for Sister Wives, like Maddie and Mykelti were. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/14/2019 at 6:29 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

Aspyn has to be on board to a certain degree. At least in their modern view of the polygamy dating playbook - she has to kind of vet the candidate. All these modernized polygamists say that's how it is done. It's 'creepy' for the men to be aggressive.

That's how AUB says they do it. The FLDS and Kingston women get no choice in the matter at all. They often find out after the fact that there's a new wife. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

Saw a brief article that the wives were spotted filming in Chicago.

Also some tidbits about shooting hassles in Flagstaff.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-sister-wives-cast-were-spotted-filming-in-chicago.html/

I’m a little late to comment on this, but thanks for sharing. I hadn’t seen this article. As if the Browns’ move to Flagstaff didn’t already come across as rushed and careless, now we find out they can’t even film the show at 2 out of their 4 houses. You know, the show that seems to be their main source of income. When they still had 4 mortgages to pay in Las Vegas at the time they moved. ?‍♀️

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
Possessive plurals can be tough
  • Upvote 5

On 5/28/2019 at 10:23 PM, OyToTheVey said:

So good to hear. All of Jenelles boys had trouble adjusting. Hopefully, he and Hunter can still make sure Gabe is ok. 

I noticed the article sad that Aspen is headed to polygamy. I thought I was the only one that noticed that. She's always said no but there's just something about this marriage that screams "I'm about to get a sister wife".

The article didn't say Aspyn is headed towards polygamy, did it? I think it said fans believe her to be the most likely to lead a plyg marriage in the future. Which is just speculation based on what's been said on sites like FJ, reddit, etc.

At this point, we have absolutely no clue of what Aspyn and Mitch truly want. I don't seem to get the weird vibe from Mitch. He seems like an introvert who was not too comfortable with being filmed and that is okay. Not everyone is born to put their lives on display for everyone to see but he seemed to go along with it anyway for Aspyn's and his in-laws' sake. Just because he's from a plural marriage background doesn't mean he's totally diggin' the lifestyle, or did he actually say he has plural marriage in mind? It could just be that he didn't say publicly what he thinks of plural marriage so as not to hurt his family members that are plyg.

The Brown kids and their parents' relatives all come from plyg backgrounds and still we don't think anyone will really be headed that direction. Some have said so on the show, others haven't (yet). Time will tell.

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

I really dislike the name. There ya have it. What a weird spelling. Not even tryndy, just weird. Spurgeon might've just moved to second place and Evangalynn (srsly wtf) won 1st for weirdest fundie baby name.

Cute kid, though.

Edited by Pretzel
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

Looking at her post announcing the name she was already having so many commenters asking how it was pronounced and she answered each one until one where she answered in all caps and then didn’t answer anymore comments. She’s probably already annoyed by the questions but she brought it on herself and on that poor baby.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Maybe she’ll go for a nickname? Like how Ashley Gardner (of Gardner Quad Squad fame) named one of the quads Evangeline (normal spelling thankfully) but always calls her Evie (ev-ee rather than ee-vee). 

And it seems like this is the first grandchild to be named after Kody (the douche). Poor kid.

• Upvote 1

In the comments on Instagram, Maddie said they will call her Evie.

Spoiler

7F1A96BB-2D79-4A31-AB9D-14C82F6A7F33.thumb.jpeg.1690be2fb14ce3c85b97716b2e230902.jpeg

• Thank You 1

I saw the comments. I'm mostly on IG for the comments tbh. She got a lot of questions about the name. She also answered a lot and copy and pasted it in caps after a while. If you're getting so much shit, why mess with the poor kid before she can even respond to her name? There's nothing wrong with the original spelling. It's not a horrible name but bringing this on to a kid is just torture.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Eh, I bet she'll be one of a few creatively spelled Evangelines in her generation. We survived McKenzie/Mykynzie/Makenzee; we can probably survive this.

• Upvote 3

Update: I’m just bored a lot. Looked back and it seems like Maddie deleted almost all of the name hate comments from people. 

I caught up on all this Maddie naming her new baby and what not a few days ago, only just now finding the time to post something. 

That baby better get ready for a life of having her name constantly misspelled. Not sure what Maddie and Caleb were thinking. Don’t know how to put it nicer, just don’t understand why they wanted to spell it like that. I like the name Evangelion/Evangelin just not the spelling. At least she’ll have a good nickname.

Also, can’t help but ask, anyone else read Evangalynn similar to Evangelion? As in Neon Genesis Evangelion? Or am I the only one? 

Edited by BlondeIdol
  • Upvote 1

The way she has it spelled it almost would be better to have a j instead of a g. Would look more phonetically correct and be more of a tribute to her mom. I mean the name is still a hot mess and they totally butchered the real spelling but that’s just my opinion. 

Edited by mstee
  • Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic