IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

Married 5 weeks after we met in person (we had "met" a year prior on a forum much like FJ, but it wasn't about reality TV people, it was about cars); coming up on 19 years married in May. :)

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So since we now know for certain that Joken lives on the Duggar compound in the log Cabin were do you all think Siren will live. lets take a look at were the other married's went. 

Smugs and Anna- grandma's rental property. 

Jill and Derick -mcmansion

Jessa and Ben-grandma's rental property

jinjer-apartment in Larado

Jostin- house Austin bought

Joken- little log cabin in compound. 

also do we think Siren will marry in Arkansas or Georgia if they marry in Georgia that means no convent marriage. 

4 hours ago, Furbabiesonly said:

The ring is gorgeous too. I love watching it sparkle. I suppose I’ll get used to it eventually! 

Careful where you get mesmerized. Few days after I got my engagement ring, I was driving across the susquehanna river, and as I went through a curve, the sun hit my ring and I was dazzled... and watched it sparkle for a few seconds at 65 MPH. No accident, but... i was a bit shook up after realizing how distracted I was. Otherwise, ENJOY!!

36 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

So since we now know for certain that Joken lives on the Duggar compound in the log Cabin were do you all think Siren will live. lets take a look at were the other married's went. 

Smugs and Anna- grandma's rental property. 

Jill and Derick -mcmansion

Jessa and Ben-grandma's rental property

jinjer-apartment in Larado

Jostin- house Austin bought

Joken- little log cabin in compound. 

also do we think Siren will marry in Arkansas or Georgia if they marry in Georgia that means no convent marriage. 

Perhaps Benessa will be upgraded to the pool house and Siren will get grandma's place?

I'm thinking SiRen might just live in Georgia. Si can help with the lawn mowing/preaching.

I just checked Google Maps and it seemed to update the satellite picture during the time I was zooming in (it went from full trees to bare trees). Based on the roof of the log house as seen in the episode, you can see how close the TTH house and Joe and Kendra's houses are. And that the new house didn't have a driveway at the time the satellite image was taken, plus that it looks out onto the huge warehouse. (And it still had construction debris everywhere, but hopefully that's fixed by now.) Lovely. At least they kind of parallel each other, with a fair number of trees in between, rather than facing each other. 

Spoiler

5abaf2ba857a9_JandKsHome.thumb.PNG.8d3362cf6b67692b61752b18bc67909c.PNG5abaf2beed36b_DuggarHouses2.thumb.PNG.d1c6beec08da52ad13c25714e1f07b02.PNG

Whoops! Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread! It should be in Joe and Kendra's thread, not Josiah's.

I ruined mr eyesopen proposal plan. We went to the zoo on the hottest day in August. We walked through this whole big zoo and my feet were sore and we were just dying in the heat. We get up near the front and he’s like ‘let’s go in the butterfly house’... the steamy ass rainforesty butterfly house. Well I refused and said I just wanted to get to the car with some air conditioning and there was significant back and forth and then he just gave up and proposed on the sidewalk. I felt bad, but 10 years later still married!

1 hour ago, metheglyn said:

And that the new house didn't have a driveway at the time the satellite image was taken, plus that it looks out onto the huge warehouse.

Hide contents

5abaf2ba857a9_JandKsHome.thumb.PNG.8d3362cf6b67692b61752b18bc67909c.PNG5abaf2beed36b_DuggarHouses2.thumb.PNG.d1c6beec08da52ad13c25714e1f07b02.PNG

WTF is that warehouse?!?

2 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

WTF is that warehouse?!?

isn't that where Ben lived well he was courting and engaged to Jessa? 

7 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

WTF is that warehouse?!?

That massive warehouse is "Business Solutions Inc", a transport company. I believe JB&M own the land and rent it to the company, as one of their many real estate properties. 

https://www.quicktransportsolutions.com/truckingcompany/arkansas/business-solutions-inc-usdot-1776463.php

The gray square to the left of the massive warehouse is the Duggar storage space we've seen on multiple episodes, and I think part of it is the guest house-ish area where Ben lived before he and Jessa got married. 

Loved all your engagement stories. We got engaged after three months. I was 21 and we were very in love and very naive. He popped the question in bed with a champagne breakfast. Nine years of marriage later we are still very much in love and still a bit naive I guess. 

I have a question: I heard a lot people „upgrade” their engagement ring. And I don’t get it. Maybe I am too sentimental? My ring is a classic ring with one stone. Quite a small one (0,25c) because when we got engaged we were both students. If I would get engaged today I am sure it would be a different and probably bigger ring as our economic situation is different. But I never thought about an upgrade. This ring stands for our engagement story. A new one wouldn’t- it wouldn’t be an engagement ring either in my eyes (because the engagement already is tied to another ring). It would just be a new ring (nothing wrong about more rings though!).

Maybe those of you who upgraded can explain their sentiments to me?

On 3/25/2018 at 6:20 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

This will sound awful, but I have no idea how Mr. Fortress and I came to see ourselves as engaged.  We were out having dinner and sort of just decided to get married, I think.  No ring, no bended knee.  Closing in on 23 years now.

Well, obviously,  satan built a fortress in your hearts.  It was separate,  this fortress, then it joined.  Satan sneaks up on a couple and poof!  Wedded bliss :D

21 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Loved all your engagement stories. We got engaged after three months. I was 21 and we were very in love and very naive. He popped the question in bed with a champagne breakfast. Nine years of marriage later we are still very much in love and still a bit naive I guess. 

I have a question: I heard a lot people „upgrade” their engagement ring. And I don’t get it. Maybe I am too sentimental? My ring is a classic ring with one stone. Quite a small one (0,25c) because when we got engaged we were both students. If I would get engaged today I am sure it would be a different and probably bigger ring as our economic situation is different. But I never thought about an upgrade. This ring stands for our engagement story. A new one wouldn’t- it wouldn’t be an engagement ring either in my eyes (because the engagement already is tied to another ring). It would just be a new ring (nothing wrong about more rings though!).

I feel the same way.  We've been married almost 21 years and married as broke ass college students.  The stone in my ring is only .37 carats, and he was only able to afford a ring that big because a family member was a wholesale jeweler.  We can afford the finer things in life now, and he's given me pieces of jewelry worth much more than my engagement ring.  But I've refused his offers of upgrading my engagement ring, because it reminds me of where we started.  I simply don't want a bigger ring because it's exactly the one I wanted.

BlackberryBoy and I had been living together for a couple of months in his teeny furnished efficiency apartment. We heard about a nice little apartment that was coming available...well we knew because he had just arrested the then occupant and knew he sure wasn't going to be living there for 3 to 5 years.... sooo we asked the landlord if we could have the place and BBB asked "so do you want a ring, or furniture? ? and I said "hell you can't sleep on a ring." We took the apartment and went to "Big Gurnee  Discount" and got  a kitchen table and 4 chairs, a sofa, and chair, 2 end tables, a coffee table, 2 living room lamps, a bed frame, mattress, box spring, 2 dressers and 2 bedroom lamps for the princely sum of $499.00 it's been 43 years. I never did get an engagement ring but when we had been married 25 years I picked out a combination Mothers ring/anniversary ring  All 3 little Berries were July babies, so my ring is ruby, diamond, ruby, diamond, ruby.   just  little stones.

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

My first set, the diamond chipped so Mr. Xtian decided to upgrade the solitaire on our 10th anniversary and add an enhancer to it. That set got sold when life fell apart and well, it was either sell the rings or starve. It's a LOOOOONG story behind that. Mr. Xtian felt absolutely horrid that I had to sell the rings. He hated seeing the naked finger. So, when things got better for us as we approached 20 years together, he decided that he would buy me something I "deserved" for putting up with him and sticking around for 20 years (there's a long-ass story behind that too)...and well, I've ended up with a gorgeous 3/4 carat solitaire and a beautiful wrap with another 1/3 carat of baguette diamonds in it. It made him happy. I didn't really care one way or the other...

Yes, I'm a spoiled brat...and I like it that way

Not engaged, but mrsponge knows what I want. Something like this because I love pretty shiny things and I am spoiled rotten, I don't want a purely diamond ring though, they're beautiful but not my kind of thing.

Wish I had TLC giving me wedding money like Lauren does, though. Not that I'd marry a Duggar to get it, mind.

I have no idea what carats etc are in my ring. It's white gold - and Hubs picked it out himself. It has a center stone and then a sort of art deco lead up (with teeny diamonds) on either side of the stone. And my band could NOT be an plainer - white gold, band. (I wanted something that I could wear when travelling and not worry about it). 

I am so surprised he picked it out - SO surprised that it fits my personality precisely and I wouldn't change it for the world. I know people upgrade - and I see the sense. (Tho I knew one person who hadn't even gotten married yet and was already talking upgrades to her not-that-shabby engagement ring - that made no sense). But - I couldn't have done a better job picking this out if I had tried. 

And he had no real input from me. I dropped hints - white gold. A diamond I can see with the naked eye (didn't need to be huge, just wanted to see it). And I think I wanted a square stone - but got round and I'm perfectly happy with it- 16 years later.

When MrSlyther and I got engaged, I didn't get a ring, nor did I expect one. The man had just given up everything he owned (except what he could fit into two suitcases), sold his car, and moved to a different country... for ME. We had sweet gold wedding bands (matching). After we'd been married for 4-5 years, we bought a ring mount and three white sapphires to have my "engagement" ring made. 

Fast forward:  my grandmother died and I inherited one of her sapphire/diamond rings. We took those diamonds, added them to a diamond from a pendant my dad gave me, and had an "anniversary band" made - in white gold. Then my mom died, and I inherited her wedding/engagement ring. So now my left hand sports some mega rocks, but they don't have the meaning that the little gold band and the three-stone sapphire ring have (I still have them - they're in our safe).

MrSlyther's original gold band is worn so thin that it's malleable as hell, so I replaced it with a rose gold One Ring (LOTR).

13 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Perhaps Benessa will be upgraded to the pool house and Siren will get grandma's place?

I was thinking about this yesterday (I really need a better hobby) where is Boob going to stick Siren?  I don't see Benessa getting the big house just yet, 1 I'm not sure she wants the responsibility for it and I think they are pretty content for the moment family size wise and location wise. I'm wondering if Ben is trying to work out from under JB's umbrella and he knows that keeping the # of kids to a minimum is going to get the out faster.

My husband did a really lovely job choosing my ring out. He had me help him because he didn’t know what he was doing (his words, not mine) and he needed my ring size, but he made the final call. I’m not a jewelry person, so I would have liked any ring he picked to be honest - but I really love how sparkly the diamonds are due to the cut he picked. I also like that it’s a three stone ring because I like the number three a lot. I wouldn’t want to upgrade it for anything different, though I do like the idea of eventually using the diamonds for my kids - like making a pair of earrings or a necklace or a ring (if one of the kids want to get married or if they just like rings.)

My wedding band is just a plain white gold band. I thought about getting something more elaborate, but my engagement ring was expensive enough and I liked that the plain band quickly made it clear I was married. I had a friend who had a wedding band with tiny diamonds in it and a lot of people thought it was just part of her engagement ring.

@TuringMachineBenessa own the home they live in. It was transferred to them during a bunch of property shifting last summer. I seriously doubt SiRen will live in that house. I could see Benessa possibly selling it for something bigger or doing some sort of addition though.

10 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

My engagement ring was a "wrap" that covered the very simple 2mm band I wore with it... to commemorate the first wedding,w which was at the Justice of the Peace. The second ring, a 6mm ring, was "carved" and matched Mr. Four's ring, which we gave to each other at the second wedding the next day, the "blessing of the marriage" which is what the Episcopal minister who had n ever met these two Catholics before came up with to satisfy our wish for a church wedding even though my annulment hadn't come through yet. Like Princess Grace, he said.

I insisted my engagement diamond be set very low, instead of one of those very high tiffany settings, because I planned to wear it to work and I am a klutz. Despite that, I broke the ring TWICE, by breaking thermometers , and wouldn't you know the mercury rolled over the join in my ring that held the diamond up. Mercury breaks that bond, and the second time, the jeweler couldn't repair it. 

In the meantime, Mr. Four had gotten me a lovely sapphire three stone anniversary ring, and after I wore that about twice, I knew it wouldn't hold up in my work setting either. So then came the plan...

We combined the main diamond from my engagement ring with the two side sapphires, and I had a lovely, sturdy, engagement/anniversary ring.. (this was at approximately the 15 year mark) and I loved it. The center stone from the sapphire ring, another small diamond I had, and the accent diamond from my engagement ring were combined into a "comet" style ring of my own design.

Several years later, at about the  30 year mark, Mr. Four added two more diamonds to the engagement/anniversary ring.. so it now has five stones.

My wedding rings I still wear, but I think I'd like something different...

2 hours ago, Meggo said:

I have no idea what carats etc are in my ring. It's white gold - and Hubs picked it out himself. It has a center stone and then a sort of art deco lead up (with teeny diamonds) on either side of the stone. And my band could NOT be an plainer - white gold, band. (I wanted something that I could wear when travelling and not worry about it). 

I am so surprised he picked it out - SO surprised that it fits my personality precisely and I wouldn't change it for the world. I know people upgrade - and I see the sense. (Tho I knew one person who hadn't even gotten married yet and was already talking upgrades to her not-that-shabby engagement ring - that made no sense). But - I couldn't have done a better job picking this out if I had tried. 

And he had no real input from me. I dropped hints - white gold. A diamond I can see with the naked eye (didn't need to be huge, just wanted to see it). And I think I wanted a square stone - but got round and I'm perfectly happy with it- 16 years later.

All I had told hubby before the ring purchase happened was no yellow gold and no round stones.  Pretty much everything else was fair game.

The ring he picked was NOTHING like any of the styles I had been drooling over on Pinterest, but as soon as it was on my finger, it was perfect. 

The only 'upgrade' I would want for it is a second band to match the wedding band (2mm white gold band channel set with tiny square cut diamonds) to go on the other side of the engagement band. I like the look of a wider set, plus for occasions when I don't necessarily want the engagement ring on (it's a princess with v-prongs that like to scratch people and things) I can still have the width of the 2 rings.

@Nargus You beat me to it! My parents were getting ready for a fancy Christmas dinner party with friends (a great time to propose). I guess my dad got nervous so he asked when my mom was brushing her teeth...he got a mouthful of toothpaste :pb_lol:

I wouldn't want to upgrade my ring, probably.  Its the one he picked out (or tried to then chickened out) and I love it.  Also it would potentially hurt his feelings.  I can imagine if LO wants to use it to propose because of sentimental reasons I would give it to him and get a different anniversary one or something.  Its unlikely something like that will happen, but I'm super sentimental about family things (I have a broach saved to give whoever he marries, and he is not quite 2, the broach was given to my mom by  my dad's parents when they got engaged, and I like the idea of making it a tradition, if he gets married so someone who would like it).

Future-Mr.-Bananabread and I got engaged at one of our favorite places in the world...on the romantic patio overlooking the water outside Shuler's BBQ in Latta, SC. :pb_lol: It was a low-key, amazing, and delicious time. Totally suited us as a couple.

I don't want to ever update my engagement ring, but I might have to. It's a large tanzanite surrounded by diamonds. It's gorgeous and unique and I love it, but I've heard tanzanite is a pretty delicate gem and it might not last the next 70+ years. :(

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived