IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

14 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I was thinking about this yesterday (I really need a better hobby) where is Boob going to stick Siren?  I don't see Benessa getting the big house just yet, 1 I'm not sure she wants the responsibility for it and I think they are pretty content for the moment family size wise and location wise. I'm wondering if Ben is trying to work out from under JB's umbrella and he knows that keeping the # of kids to a minimum is going to get the out faster.

Boob owns tons of rental properties, I'm sure Siren will find something that meets their needs.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Eww.. Pastor Caldwell is Steve Newlin to me and I cannot unsee it. Lauren's dad looks late 40s IMO and like he fried himself in a tanning booth. 

The only attractive fundie to me is Lawson Bates but he's wayyy too into himself for my taste (also, fundie:my_sick:).

This post gave me True Blood withdrawals!  Lmao....he is SO Steve Newlin!  Vamp Newlin was the worst!

V""V

I like jewelry but for me personally I only like having pieces that were passed down. Like the ring my parents gave me for my 21st birthday the ring belonged to my grandmother they just had the jewelry take out the stone to put in my birthstone. I love my birthstone and I love that its on a ring that my grandmother wore. I have my great-grandmother's engagement ring which was passed down to my mother and then to me so if I ever do get married (which is a big long shot) I'd want that to be my engagement ring.    

29 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Boob owns tons of rental properties, I'm sure Siren will find something that meets their needs.

ooh hopefully it's not that creepy house Jill and Jessa went to look at awhile back. 

21 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I like jewelry but for me personally I only like having pieces that were passed down. Like the ring my parents gave me for my 21st birthday the ring belonged to my grandmother they just had the jewelry take out the stone to put in my birthstone. I love my birthstone and I love that its on a ring that my grandmother wore. I have my great-grandmother's engagement ring which was passed down to my mother and then to me so if I ever do get married (which is a big long shot) I'd want that to be my engagement ring.    

Yay!  See, I'm not weird!  I couldn't imagine having my grandmothers ring in a box.  No, I want to wear it as my very own.  I love that my nana is with me everyday too.  I love how you feel about jewlery,  I'm the same way, clearly.  Plus, we wouldn't use that ring with some tool.  No way.  I thought of it as a safeguard.  The two guys I dated for a few years before meeting my husband were in no way worthy of that ring.  My husband wasn't into just asking and me getting my ring whenever.  He wanted to propose at his own discretion.   I wanted that too.  So, it had to be given to him. That was part of our deal when I told him.  My mom thought I was nuts but ultimately understood the importance of me having the ring I loved and wanted.  

My ring is in this picture :D

They were engaged in 1946, married 1947.

20180211_123445.jpg

1 minute ago, Beermeet said:

Yay!  See, I'm not weird!  I couldn't imagine having my grandmothers ring in a box.  No, I want to wear it as my very own.  I love that my nana is with me everyday too.  I love how you feel about jewlery,  I'm the same way, clearly.  Plus, we wouldn't use that ring with some tool.  No way.  I thought of it as a safeguard.  The two guys I dated for a few years before meeting my husband were in no way worthy of that ring.  My husband wasn't into just asking and me getting my ring whenever.  He wanted to propose at his own discretion.   I wanted that too.  So, it had to be given to him. That was part of our deal when I told him.  My mom thought I was nuts but ultimately understood the importance of me having the ring I loved and wanted.  

My ring is in this picture :D

They were engaged in 1946, married 1947.

20180211_123445.jpg

I have my grandma's wedding ring. she never had an engagement ring.  I have worn it every day since she gave it to me. which has been about six years now. she took it off about a year after my grandpa died and I couldn't stand to have it just lying in a box.  she passed away a year come Sunday and I know that if I ever get married I want her ring to be my wedding ring. as for an engagement ring I always said I'd rather have a gem stone then a diamond. 

I had a dream about the Duggars last night. I was at the TTH for Josiah and Lauren's wedding shower. There were a lot of people there. The Duggars, all of their in-laws, and a lot of random fundies. I kept forgetting when the wedding was and saying it was Memorial Day and kept getting corrected rather angrily that it was April 23rd. The four oldest Duggar girls weren't really nice they acted very annoyed with everyone and kind of crabby which I thought was odd since they were throwing a shower. I thought maybe they were annoyed with me since I wasn't a fundie but no they seemed annoyed with everyone. Even those who asked if they could help set up.  Jessa sat on a chair looking at her cellphone the whole time and not doing anything else but acting like a Queen Bee. Any time she did speak it was in a tone so that whoever she was speaking too knew she thought they were a complete idiot and beneath her. The other sisters did stuff to set up for the shower. JimBob just sat eating and making dumb jokes. Michelle just sat beside him but didn't really seem "there". The few times she spoke she seemed confused on who's shower they were at. If it was Jessa or Jill's JimBob kept correcting her that it was  Josiah's. Michelle didn't seem to know who that was. They handed out a book on Josiah and Lauren to everyone. A story of their courtship and tons of pictures. I notice Jinger was looking through another book that was all of the Duggar weddings in one book with tons of pictures of each wedding that had never been put out in the media. I walked over to her to look at the book and she told me that it was theirs and it wasn't for sale. I'm like I didn't say anything about buying the book. She sighed. I asked if she had a pen so could write down Josiah and Lauren's wedding date which I still kept forgetting. Jinger gave me a pen and told me it wasn't that hard to remember the wedding date I told her I only had one sibling and not a bunch so its hard for me to remember so many wedding dates and birthdays. She looked at me like I was an idiot.  I opened the book which oddly enough didn't have Josiah and Lauren's wedding date listed but did list all other Duggar wedding dates from the parents down to  Joseph's. I remarked no wonder I can't remember. Jinger said its not that and they never forget any wedding date or birthday. I had to go the bathroom so I went upstairs which was a lot bigger in my dream the hallway was huge and there were a lot of doors. One door was a small room that looked like hair salon and next door looked like a break room. Then I walked a little and found the bathroom there were two one for boys and one for girls including the signs with the man in pants and girl in dress and pregnant. Because this girls bathroom was only for pregnant women. So I continued on looking for a bathroom. I heard a bunch of Duggar boys and decided to hide. I hid behind a door until they went downstairs. I continued to hide every time I heard a Duggar while I looked for a bathroom. I found another bathroom at the other end and was about to go in when a Fundie girl came up the steps and dashed inside before I could. I yelled at her that I had been looking for the bathroom and she claimed she really had to go.  I said I really had to go and what was I suppose to do piss in my pants (yes I was wearing jeans maybe that's why Duggar girls were rude ).  The girl laughed like I just told her a funny joke. I was like WTF and found a third bathroom I was able to use. I could hear Jana yell that the wedding shower was starting. I wondered if I could hide until it was over.  I wondered if I could just go downstairs and sneak out the door. But there were too many people down there I was sure I'd be spotted and not be allowed to leave. I considered using bedsheets to tie together and climb out the window but there were no sheets.  I was trying to think of another way out when the four youngest Duggar girls came up to get me. Grabbing my hands and dragged me back down stairs. I wondered if JB somehow knew someone was trying to escape and sent them to bring me back. Jana asked me what took so long and did seem concern I told her I got lost and Jessa remarked 'what a loser'.  Then I woke up.      

I think it's lovely when engagements or weddings incorporate family heirlooms or traditions.

@Beermeet I love the story about your engagement ring, for example :) 

In my case, it was actually completely coincidental. We happened to get engaged on a certain day in September, as I described earlier in this thread.

As my husband wanted a religious marriage in addition to the civil one you are required to have in our part of Europe, we met with the local priest a few months later to discuss the how's and when's for this. We originally wanted to get married in early September, but the priest was going to be on his summer vacation at that time ;) The earliest date he suggested afterwards was exactly our 1-year engagement anniversary.

And my great-aunt then informed me that my husband and my wedding date was going to be the 90th wedding anniversary of my great-grandparents :) 

5 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I have my grandma's wedding ring. she never had an engagement ring.  I have worn it every day since she gave it to me. which has been about six years now. she took it off about a year after my grandpa died and I couldn't stand to have it just lying in a box.  she passed away a year come Sunday and I know that if I ever get married I want her ring to be my wedding ring. as for an engagement ring I always said I'd rather have a gem stone then a diamond. 

I have as well.

My grandma had about the front half of her original ring mounted onto my grandpa's original wedding band that a hospital had to cut off him when he had a welding accident relatively early in their marriage, at which point they both got new rings that were also in the same color gold - their originals weren't). She'd pull it out periodically after they had it made, but it mostly stayed in her organ (which she had a 'safe' spot in)

She gave it to me about 10 years ago saying that she'd rather me have it then and wear it and her see me enjoy it than risk that not happening before she died and her never seeing me with it. And like you, I've worn it ever since. Strangely, also like you, it'll be a year since she died as well, except in May!

It's quite simple (three little diamonds in her yellow gold part of the band) but also pretty unique, meaning I get comments on it often since it's very different being mixed metals and what most can tell probably were both a female's and a male's ring in one. I just love it! And I'm so glad she got to see me with it for a good number of years.

6 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

My aunt wanted a sapphire engagement ring, and my uncle went to 3 jewelery stores that were trying to 'upsell' him. "Oh she just says she doesn't want a diamond; she really wants a diamond".  So store #4 he went in and said he was looking for a sapphire ring for his fiancee's birthday.   And my aunt says he picked the perfect one.

I love my heirloom rings! I would never buy a diamond -- too much chance of it being a blood stone. :(  But I do wear these diamonds because they're already "here" and I'm just going to hope they aren't blood stones...

I've been looking for a sapphire that's JUST the right shade of blue (someone posted a likely candidate either on this thread or another). When I find it, I will probably "retire" my mom's rings for a while.

I am a year older than Lauren's parents and a few years older than Kendra's (depending on when their birthdays are? I couldn't get a good answer - but saw 78 & 80?) 

Yeah - ....

I love when people have something other than diamonds for engagement rings! I'd probably do a diamond for myself, just because I'm a traditionalist at heart, but my sister has a ruby ring, and I think it's gorgeous! I'd do a sapphire, but my friends would probably say I was copying Kate Middleton (since I wanted to marry Prince William when I was 12, LOL). Maybe a pearl? Or opal.... hmm... so many options! 

My husband and I got my engagement ring custom-made at a rock and gem store that had a jewelry-maker on staff.  It's a silver band with a heart-shaped turquoise stone.  It was so nice to do it through someplace local to us.  When we went in to pick up the ring, the other person on staff was like, "I heard about your ring!  I'm so excited to see how it turned out!"

1 hour ago, viii said:

I love when people have something other than diamonds for engagement rings! I'd probably do a diamond for myself, just because I'm a traditionalist at heart, but my sister has a ruby ring, and I think it's gorgeous! I'd do a sapphire, but my friends would probably say I was copying Kate Middleton (since I wanted to marry Prince William when I was 12, LOL). Maybe a pearl? Or opal.... hmm... so many options! 

I originally wanted a white sapphire, because I like the look of a white stone but don’t care about diamonds (they’re so overpriced, never mind the ethics concerns). Then I came across moissanite (Less expensive? Extra sparkly? Originally found in a meteorite? Sign me up!) and really tried to sell hubby on it but he’s a hardcore traditionalist about random things and to him engagement rings are a diamond. 

14 hours ago, Beermeet said:

This post gave me True Blood withdrawals!  Lmao....he is SO Steve Newlin!  Vamp Newlin was the worst!

V""V

It doesn't help that Kendra's mom looks like a clone of Anna Camp.. They are real life Steve and Sarah Newlin:pb_lol:

True blood was the best! I miss it!!

@Beermeet your engagement ring looks a lot like mine! My husband actually got the setting off of the internet. The center diamond was in a broach that my great grandma wore almost every day, but nobody would wear it anymore and my mom just had it in the safe deposit box forever. So the diamond got passed down and is now in my ring. The jeweler was shocked that it was in such good condition and I just love it. 

I originally had an aquamarine in my engagement ring. I loved it, but after 2 years it had started to get some nicks in it, because aquamarines aren't very tough. So I stopped wearing it regularly. For Christmas my husband surprised my by replacing the stone with a diamond, and having the aquamarine set into a pendant necklace.

6 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I originally had an aquamarine in my engagement ring. I loved it, but after 2 years it had started to get some nicks in it, because aquamarines aren't very tough. So I stopped wearing it regularly. For Christmas my husband surprised my by replacing the stone with a diamond, and having the aquamarine set into a pendant necklace.

Stones that are in rings just get so beat up. I'm glad you were able to keep your original stone, that sounds like a great Christmas surprise!

7 hours ago, Meggo said:

I am a year older than Lauren's parents and a few years older than Kendra's (depending on when their birthdays are? I couldn't get a good answer - but saw 78 & 80?) 

Yeah - ....

Are you saying Lauren’s mom was born in 1980?! Does...not...compute...

On 3/27/2018 at 8:22 PM, just_ordinary said:

<snip>

Maybe those of you who upgraded can explain their sentiments to me?

I upgraded simply because I wanted a bigger diamond! I have always  worn my original engagement ring on my right hand since it's shape is not conducive to wearing it with a wedding band. So when I "upgraded" I bought a ring that snuggles up nicely to my wedding band. I upgraded about 7 years after we were married. I still absolutely love it. An added bonus is that when my mom passed away, I inherited a plain band which channel set diamonds that works perfectly with both my original wedding band and my upgraded "engagement" ring.

3 hours ago, Nargus said:

I originally wanted a white sapphire, because I like the look of a white stone but don’t care about diamonds (they’re so overpriced, never mind the ethics concerns). Then I came across moissanite (Less expensive? Extra sparkly? Originally found in a meteorite? Sign me up!) and really tried to sell hubby on it but he’s a hardcore traditionalist about random things and to him engagement rings are a diamond. 

They have man-made diamonds now, so no ethics issues.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:20 PM, lizzybee said:

My grandparents were on a date and he asked her to look in the glove compartment of the car. She opened it and found the ring box. "Do you want that?" he asked, which is so him. Evidently she did. They'll be married 61 years this June. My H and I got as close to their wedding date as possible when we picked ours (both first week in June).

Are you secretly my niece? That's how my dad proposed! But they're "only" at 46 years.

5 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

It doesn't help that Kendra's mom looks like a clone of Anna Camp.. They are real life Steve and Sarah Newlin:pb_lol:

True blood was the best! I miss it!!

I loved True Blood!!!!

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Are you saying Lauren’s mom was born in 1980?! Does...not...compute...

No- Lauren’s parents are both 1975.http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Swanson_Family

Kendra’s are 78 (him) and 80 (her) according to that site.

i was born in 74- so it boggles my mind that people born in 1980- a year I remember- are going to be grandparents. (And not in the “my step kid had a baby”- but actually like I am old enough to have given birth to someone who is old enough to be a parent way)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived